Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Gibberings ver. CCXVII - More Mouth Than A Cow Has Cunt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watch this space.

I apologise for not engaging directly in this sooner but rest assured, it is being followed with wide and full consideration. I am experiencing a rare period of having actual offline responsibilities I need to attend to at the moment, but all things being equal I will have the time over the next 72 hours to give a full response.

I dont mind the fact that my posts containing the quotes have been deleted as long as you can assure me that you read them first..

Many thanks.

I have, and I am not saying they are permanently gone, I am just trying to cool the situation down until I can give everybody the attention and support they deserve.

I have, and I am not saying they are permanently gone, I am just trying to cool the situation down until I can give everybody the attention and support they deserve.

Regardless of what anyone may think, Im not a cold an unfeeling twat and i do recognise that some people have certain issues that mean that they maybe dont "get" certain things... but, I just dont feel that this is an acceptable excuse for this type of behaviour. This is a public forum that anyone is free to join and to offer one person free reign to write what can only be described as utterly disgusting posts is a huge smack in the face to everyone else who posts here. .

I can guarentee you Stee, If i or anyone else had made posts like that they be banned.. no question

When rules are bent they end up broken....then you have no rules at all

Er, alright mate, I'm an 18 year old female looking for a trip daddy to sort me out while I get fuckin wasted like. It's my 'first time' ;) so you need to treat me right, yeh? If you're game, drop me a PM big boy.

PS. You supply the drugs...
PM sent

I can guarentee you Stee, If i or anyone else had made posts like that they be banned.. no question

I can guarantee if you, or anybody else, made that post - or any other post that isn't spambotting - you would not have been banned. No question. I can tell you this as a cast iron FACT! because nobody is ever banned for a single post. Simply isn't how BL works.

As for disciplinary actions in general, they are all taken on a case-by-case basis and by no means is the "right" decision always made because staff are human beings and all disciplinary and/or censorial actions taken by human beings are necessarily subjective. We don't moderate by algorithm and it is perfectly legitimate to note that sometimes the self-same post could be unapproved, warned, infracted or completely ignored depending on the time of day, any staff who come across it, any reports made of it, any staff that read the report, and any discussions had about said mod discussions and/or actions of it. Furthermore, said deliberations can and frequently do go through several layers of staff discussions from local to sitewide staff all the way up to smod and admin level. Checks and balances, innit.

In short, almost nothing is ever as straightforward as it seems and just cos it isn't always obvious that actions have been taken doesn't mean that is the case. We never discuss specific posts, members or situations for privacy reasons (aside from the Evey situation where things got so out of hand we felt we had no choice - but that was a truly exceptional situation). If you have a problem with a post feel free to report it and something may or may not be done which may or may not be to your satisfaction. If any member just grates on you then put them on ignore. Other than that it's all just popcorn - and popcorn that is rapidly getting very, very stale.

I can guarantee if you, or anybody else, made that post - or any other post that isn't spambotting - you would not have been banned. No question. I can tell you this as a cast iron FACT! because nobody is ever banned for a single post. Simply isn't how BL works.

As for disciplinary actions in general, they are all taken on a case-by-case basis and by no means is the "right" decision always made because staff are human beings and all disciplinary and/or censorial actions taken by human beings are necessarily subjective. We don't moderate by algorithm and it is perfectly legitimate to note that sometimes the self-same post could be unapproved, warned, infracted or completely ignored depending on the time of day, any staff who come across it, any reports made of it, any staff that read the report, and any discussions had about said mod discussions and/or actions of it. Furthermore, said deliberations can and frequently do go through several layers of staff discussions from local to sitewide staff all the way up to smod and admin level. Checks and balances, innit.

In short, almost nothing is ever as straightforward as it seems and just cos it isn't always obvious that actions have been taken doesn't mean that is the case. We never discuss specific posts, members or situations for privacy reasons (aside from the Evey situation where things got so out of hand we felt we had no choice - but that was a truly exceptional situation). If you have a problem with a post feel free to report it and something may or may not be done which may or may not be to your satisfaction. If any member just grates on you then put them on ignore. Other than that it's all just popcorn - and popcorn that is rapidly getting very, very stale.

Why am i not suprised

So youre saying if people grossly abuse the "no abuse" rule then its iup to other people to simply put them on ignore? You serious? If thats the case them why have these rules in the first place?

And are yoin also seriously saying its just "one post"? You know fine well that its just one of dozens where this member breaks the rules..(I actually wrote POSTS ie. plural if you bothered to read it)

Bu just like with evey you're too spineless to act. . Don't want to be seen as non-PC? The mental gynmastics youre doing to avoid facing what anyone else can see is stagerring... and i did report offending posts FYI

And then you wonder why the place is dead

Last edited:
i can't be arsed to read the BLUA but i'm guessing they didn't interpret the post you quoted as abuse, cos as far as i remember it wasn't directed towards a member. i'm not taking sides i'm just speculating about the mental gymnastics.

its still fucking shocking though, i find anything describing violence towards women of any type really really difficult now i'm not on heroin all the time so i'm probably oversensitive but if LC really doesn't know that that behaviour isn't acceptable then he needs to be taught.

and yeah unless he's due in court and was arrested, it didn't happen. i know someone who went to court for threatening to stab a nurse with a needle, so actual contact he'd probably have been arrested.

i can't be arsed to read the BLUA but i'm guessing they didn't interpret the post you quoted as abuse, cos as far as i remember it wasn't directed towards a member. i'm not taking sides i'm just speculating about the mental gymnastics.

its still fucking shocking though, i find anything describing violence towards women of any type really really difficult now i'm not on heroin all the time so i'm probably oversensitive but if LC really doesn't know that that behaviour isn't acceptable then he needs to be taught.

and yeah unless he's due in court and was arrested, it didn't happen. i know someone who went to court for threatening to stab a nurse with a needle, so actual contact he'd probably have been arrested.

Im just pleased im not the only one disgusted. I wad starting to think maybe i was being unreasonable which is why i requoted the posts (which a mod deleted)

And yeah, the "I hope you get raped by a HIV+ whatever and bleed to death in a puddle" post, was I believe, directed at LoginNotSecure.

Am sure they'll do absolutely fuck all about it though...I mean the nurse post was months and months old and i dont believe theyre only now aware of it... if I hadnt brought it up they wouldnt even have bothered to look...

But its not just that, its a continuous pattern of stuff, which is why I stated that if anyone eslse had made posts (plural) like that theyd be banned...

As far as im concerned, fantasizing and bullshiting on the internet about torturing and threaterning to murder a woman (the nurse) is almost as unacceptable as doing it as it shows that the person sees nothing wrong with that and even thinks its something to brag about.. He doesnt realise its unacceptable because hes allowed to get away with whatever he wasnts with people excusing his behaviour due to disability...which is bullshit.. he knows right from wrong

Disgusting.

Im just pleased im not the only one disgusted. I wad starting to think maybe i was being unreasonable which is why i requoted the posts (which a mod deleted)

And yeah, the "I hope you get raped by a HIV+ whatever and bleed to death in a puddle" post, was I believe, directed at LoginNotSecure.

Am sure they'll do absolutely fuck all about it though...I mean the nurse post was months and months old and i dont believe theyre only now aware of it... if I hadnt brought it up they wouldnt even have bothered to look...

But its not just that, its a continuous pattern of stuff, which is why I stated that if anyone eslse had made posts (plural) like that theyd be banned...

As far as im concerned, fantasizing and bullshiting on the internet about torturing and threaterning to murder a woman (the nurse) is almost as unacceptable as doing it as it shows that the person sees nothing wrong with that and even thinks its something to brag about.. He doesnt realise its unacceptable because hes allowed to get away with whatever he wasnts with people excusing his behaviour due to disability...which is bullshit.. he knows right from wrong

Disgusting.

Its done now and things will be done better. I am not in the position to start with this now but I was aware of the nurse reference at the time, it is old news now and regardless of how disappointed you are in our in our management of that content, if it still exists on the site to read, please provide me of a link and anyone who thought it helped to endlessly repeat what was evidently an offensive thing to say, whether or not it actually happended and I will remove it now. Its a fail on our behalf granted but their is nothing I can now do except move past it so I can look closely at what other stuff has been said as well.

Its done now and things will be done better. I am not in the position to start with this now but I was aware of the nurse reference at the time, it is old news now and regardless of how disappointed you are in our in our management of that content, if it still exists on the site to read, please provide me of a link and anyone who thought it helped to endlessly repeat what was evidently an offensive thing to say, whether or not it actually happended and I will remove it now. Its a fail on our behalf granted but their is nothing I can now do except move past it so I can look closely at what other stuff has been said as well.

You cant miss it, its about 2000 words long.

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads...ussion-V-Waking-up-in-a-Wakefield-skip/page11

Does beg the question, if you were aware of it at the time why its taken u til now to do anything? And do you think people are "endless repeating"it just for fun? Not maybe perhaps that its absolutely vile and they cant believe youre allowing it? Seriously, its mind boggling how you guys fail to see root cause of certain things and blame it on everything and everyone other than the posts creator. "You should put him on ignore"..."you endlessly repeat the evidently offensive post"....err no...YOU shouldn't allow it in the first place FFS!!! Or are posts anout torturing and threatening to murder nurses OK? Just so i know?

I can't be arsed to argue this anymore now but you know (or should do) the things that have been said and you either find then perfectly acceptable and within the BLUA or you dont...

All i would say, is that if its the later then im sorely dissapointed and it reflects very, very badly on the mod team if thats the case.

Last edited:
Did I even suggest having an argument about it? Did I not say 'an evidently... offensive thing to say' (which would or course be BLUA violation if true). It was months ago and all I am trying to do is to take a look at what was said and if anything was done about it. I cannot remember the chain of events or the resolution beyond my knowledge of how upset you were with it all.

If we got that wrong, then all I can do is apologise for not following on the whole thing thoroughly considering it is still creating an issue somehow. But as I appear to be the only one to remember it then it is my responsibility as others may not have even read it and as such it is no reflection on any other team members or their performance.

I am trying to approach this as reasonably as possible and I implore others to do the same.

Did I even suggest having an argument about it? Did I not say 'an evidently... offensive thing to say' (which would or course be BLUA violation if true). It was months ago and all I am trying to do is to take a look at what was said and if anything was done about it. I cannot remember the chain of events or the resolution beyond my knowledge of how upset you were with it all.

If we got that wrong, then all I can do is apologise for not following on the whole thing thoroughly considering it is still creating an issue somehow. But as I appear to be the only one to remember it then it is my responsibility as others may not have even read it and as such it is no reflection on any other team members or their performance.

I am trying to approach this as reasonably as possible and I implore others to do the same.

No worries.

I may have misinterpreted what you meant by "evidently offensive"

I apologise for that

np x

EDIT:

Right - I've re - read the stuff, have removed the last few references to the post ever being made and the amount of upset it caused and having looked at the disposal of the matter that the BLUA was applied to all members accountable by it. There is nothing I can do further about this apart from going back in time and removing it the moment it appeared before it could cause distress.

All I can say is that further bridges will be crossed as they come and as long as I am able I will do my best to deal with them as fairly as possible as regardless of my general competence is brings me no pleasure in seeing anyone upset, regardless of who they are.

Last edited:
I'm not sure on the code/programming, but would it be possible to limit limp chicken to only post 100 - 250 characters per post and disable double posting (one post after another). As pretty much anything he has to say can be condensed into well under 250 characters.

Just a thought!

I'm not sure on the code/programming, but would it be possible to limit limp chicken to only post 100 - 250 characters per post and disable double posting (one post after another). As pretty much anything he has to say can be condensed into well under 250 characters.

Just a thought!

Or maybe not post things about hoping people get raped, catch aids, drink bleach and die? And not violate in the most spectacular fashon the no abuse rule with impunity?

Just a thought!

It is, which could be practicably personal for some, but as the actual issue regards the fair treatment of all members in the same way then we would have to look at what % that would represent members historical output so far and considering that nearly all members consistently post less (i submit to that being a fact) and some have not been around as long as others that would leave members who had been here for 6 months with a maximum of 3 pixels ;) We're not twitter :)

Or maybe not post things about hoping people get raped, catch aids, drink bleach and die? And not violate in the most spectacular fashon the no abuse rule with impunity?

And that as well, but as I already made it as clear as I can about not wanting to argue and that I have done my best to address this so far could we please just leave it at that

i've put way too much thought into this cos i said earlier, now i've got no painkillers anything that reminds me of violence sends me a bit off. i’m guessing that Limpet has either: a) been a victim of some sort of horrific violence himself and that this is a coping mechanism, b) actually does’t understand what he’s saying, c) is doing it for attention

if a) i’d say, i’m really sorry, but this does not excuse this behaviour, he should get help.

if b) either he’s not thought that actions have consequences or that doesn’t care? if the former then nothing can be done and if he can’t moderate himself now its been brought to his attention, he needs moderating by someone else because its not fair on the people who have to read it.

if c) we should stop giving it to him

Limpet: if you’ve not thought about the consequences, then what would happen if something you described happened to you? would you just carry on your day? maybe at first as a coping mechanism but it would fester and eat you until dealt with. you would be damaged by it, at least to some extent. likely your drug problems would escalate. your sense of safety and wellbeing would be taken away.

you’re talking about hurting people, and this impacts their families and wider networks, especially if you are never punished (its easier for victims to recover if they see justice done to perpetrators).

please don’t doubt what i’m saying i know from experience what violence does to people. its not a joke.

If you want my opinion I've always found most of Limpet's posts to be too drug addled to read. Life's too short.
Some are worthwhile reading though he ain't stupid.
He doesn't insult anyone or is playing games with people on here as far as I'm concerned.

:)

Edit: a certain amount of drama lama stuff does tend to keep a forum going apparently

i've put way too much thought into this cos i said earlier, now i've got no painkillers anything that reminds me of violence sends me a bit off. i’m guessing that Limpet has either: a) been a victim of some sort of horrific violence himself and that this is a coping mechanism, b) actually does’t understand what he’s saying, c) is doing it for attention

if a) i’d say, i’m really sorry, but this does not excuse this behaviour, he should get help.

if b) either he’s not thought that actions have consequences or that doesn’t care? if the former then nothing can be done and if he can’t moderate himself now its been brought to his attention, he needs moderating by someone else because its not fair on the people who have to read it.

if c) we should stop giving it to him

Limpet: if you’ve not thought about the consequences, then what would happen if something you described happened to you? would you just carry on your day? maybe at first as a coping mechanism but it would fester and eat you until dealt with. you would be damaged by it, at least to some extent. likely your drug problems would escalate. your sense of safety and wellbeing would be taken away.

you’re talking about hurting people, and this impacts their families and wider networks, especially if you are never punished (its easier for victims to recover if they see justice done to perpetrators).

please don’t doubt what i’m saying i know from experience what violence does to people. its not a joke.

I do get, it was upsetting for people to read and it is not easy being the victim of violence. I have been on the wrong end of 2 moderately severe incidents over the past 3 years, one involved getting slashed with a knife and as a staff nurse working on psychiatric wards for many years I was assaulted by many patients for many reasons, but bringing this up over and over again, especially when people are trying to move this on, is getting less and less productive now.

Status
Not open for further replies.