• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Gibberings CLXXXVII - Shamming The Docs Summat Rotten

My parents always "joked" I was their retirement fund.

Last edited:
Edit: I only signed up for my pension last year. I really couldn't see forward in life enough before to commit to anything.

Last edited:
I don't think I d like retirement. .. i asdociate it with old age, which I'm also not looking forward to. Once organs start giving out life gets less fun

When we were in Uni halls we wondered would a retirement home be like uni halls for old people. Get pissed each night and wreck the furniture? :D Sadly I think those things mean something different when you're older? :( Or maybe that must means you can get away with more?=D

I get called to retirement homes all the time as people in then often are in need of emergency treatment and hence ambulances. Its one aspect of the job that makes me really sad since they are such awful places (IMO anyway). I suppose it's a slightly tainted view since the people I see in them are by definition the ones doing pretty badly but it's so depressing (and non-matter how clean they are the smell of a few dozen UTIs hits you like a sledgehammer when you walk in the door).

I've yet to visit a care home where I've thought..."yeah this would be a good place to spend my last few years on earth".

Old age is a sad thing but unfortunately it happens to us all. Sometimes I hope I go before it comes to being 100% dependent on someone to feed, dess and take care of all bodily functions for me. If I get to my 90s (highly unlikely) and I'm in that state I think I'd rather no be here......makes me really sad sometimes :(

Indeed. Ahem.

I don't know whether it's the presence of February sunshine, a slight upgrade in the quality of my multivitamin, marginally better weed or the small dose of modafinil I took this morning. It could be all those things, and it could be something a little more lame altogether too, but I'm unusually content this morning.

Please don't take advantage, anybody.

Indeed. Ahem.

I don't know whether it's the presence of February sunshine, a slight upgrade in the quality of my multivitamin, marginally better weed or the small dose of modafinil I took this morning. It could be all those things, and it could be something a little more lame altogether too, but I'm unusually content this morning.

You spoke too soon - gies a hug :D

Happy to hear there may be a swing in this hipsters step today haha! It's well overdue though isn't it, bit of sunshine, some good vitamins etc - it's not like we want a lot out of life really.

It's grey, 4c and damp here today, though brightening. After another mega sleep I'm also feeling quite chipper. Excited about getting my new piercings this afternoon, hopefully I don't cry like a baby :\

Some yoga is needed, I'm arthritic stiff and sore, so I'll have to be getting on my mat for the odd cat n' cobra :)

Have a good day my lovelies.

Edit: aye pensions, I've been paying in for over 18 years, its supposed to be a final salary one too - I'll believe it when I see it :|

You spoke too soon - gies a hug :D

Sod off! Oh, go on then...

Happy to hear there may be a swing in this hipsters step today haha! It's well overdue though isn't it, bit of sunshine, some good vitamins etc - it's not like we want a lot out of life really.

It's not, is it? I woke at 4am and got everything prepared, so I had a leisurely morning. It's so beautiful being able to wait around for the dawn again.

Some details could be better, as you know. Overall though, can't complain. There's still time for everything to go wrong though, I guess. :D

Piercings and yoga? You're braver than me. 8o

Indeed. Ahem.

I can't miss the opportunity to smother Sammy in hugs!!!! Smiley Sammy is nice.

Morning all!

It's grey and cold here too, Kate.

Workday 7 of 13 in a row today, can't wait for the weekend. But first I have to pay the lovely nerds at my local Apple Store a visit as my iPhone decided to stop charging, which is terribly inconvenient when you need to be able to use your phone a lot :\

I should have pretended to be miserable, shouldn't I? ;)

Never, this has actually made me smile today! I'm liking happy Sammy. Not that I don't like your usual grumpy self. I'll shut up now....

Morning all!

It's grey and cold here too, Kate.

Workday 7 of 13 in a row today, can't wait for the weekend. But first I have to pay the lovely nerds at my local Apple Store a visit as my iPhone decided to stop charging, which is terribly inconvenient when you need to be able to use your phone a lot :\

That's a common problem with iPhones and an iPhone is a common crap phone. Upgrade to a better phone...

Never, this has actually made me smile today! I'm liking happy Sammy. Not that I don't like your usual grumpy self. I'll shut up now....

That's a common problem with iPhones and an iPhone is a common crap phone. Upgrade to a better phone...

You're completely right, but I'll be stuck with this phone till september when my current contract expires

Morning Sadie and Septonn.

How'd you get on at the docs Sadie did they give you something to clear up the nasties. Also hope you got on well at the other appointment, appreciate that's not going to be easy my lovely.

Septonn, it'll not be long and think how good that weekend's going to be when you finally get there! My cats chew my iphone charger cord, I tied ribbons to the end of it. Helps me see the damn thing too I'm blind as a bat without me specs. Still both Felix and my charger wires are in a mess - a matter of time until we'll be joining you in that moan. Hope you get it sorted and quickly.

Tea first, tea, tea, tea yummy - have a pot on. Sammy can I pour you one my petal?

Have loads of sewing jobs to do, the pile is never ending - it looks like a bloody workshop in our office / playroom. I need to focus on that later today and actually get Sage the machine out tomorrow and get stitching. There's always something needing mending.

I should set up business as a seamstress.

Hahaha! :D

Part of my happiness is most definitely bittersweet, so it ain't all plain sailing. The fact that said happiness is there at all is really something, and the source of said happiness keeps on delivering. So I'll enjoy it while I'm lucky and blessed enough to do so.

But the sunshine and the first signs of Spring deserve a lot of credit too. Along with punk rock and THC.

Tea first, tea, tea, tea yummy - have a pot on. Sammy can I pour you one my petal?

To what do I owe this role reversal?

You've spiked it, haven't you? ;)

I asked for a late appt as I need sleep. I'm physically and emotionally drained. My appt is at 1610.

Trying to get an appt is like a radio phone in. You're lucky if you can even get through. Took me 10 min of solid ringing.

Said to the woman, " can I get the latest appt possible today" " I can give you 10" " do you not have anything later, I really don't wish to come in this morning as I need sleep" "Do you mean later this morning" At this point I actually had to take the phone away from my ear as I can't take this much stupidity this early in the morning. Me:"no, the latest appt possible as I need sleep......." Finally I get the 1610 appt when the shoe finally drops of what the latest appt actually means. Give me strength to deal with humans today as I don't think I can manage.

Hahaha! :D

Part of my happiness is most definitely bittersweet, so it ain't all plain sailing. The fact that said happiness is there at all is really something, and the source of said happiness keeps on delivering. So I'll enjoy it while I'm lucky and blessed enough to do so.

But the sunshine and the first signs of Spring deserve a lot of credit too. Along with punk rock and THC.

To what do I owe this role reversal?

You've spiked it, haven't you? ;)

You take the happiness when you can get it sweetheart, we have enough suffering in our lives.

Ack, it was about time I pulled my weight on the tea front friend <3 No spiking just a wee bit of milk.

I asked for a late appt as I need sleep. I'm physically and emotionally drained. My appt is at 1610.

Trying to get an appt is like a radio phone in. You're lucky if you can even get through. Took me 10 min of solid ringing.

Said to the woman, " can I get the latest appt possible today" " I can give you 10" " do you not have anything later, I really don't wish to come in this morning as I need sleep" "Do you mean later this morning" At this point I actually had to take the phone away from my ear as I can't take this much stupidity this early in the morning. Me:"no, the latest appt possible as I need sleep......." Finally I get the 1610 appt when the shoe finally drops of what the latest appt actually means. Give me strength to deal with humans today as I don't think I can manage.

It's murder trying to get a GP appointment. Can take up to a month to see your own doc. Glad that's worked out for today - now get yourself some sleep madam and set an alarm! <3