European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Gibberings CLVII: Clinging to all the right places

Status
Not open for further replies.
Life's a bitch. Odd name for a dog, but we like it.

ho ho ho. Where do you get all these one liners from ? They sound like the style of Tim Vine iirc his name correctly. If you are making these up yourself then you are indeed a comedy genius no less.

ho ho ho. Where do you get all these one liners from ? They sound like the style of Tim Vine iirc his name correctly. If you are making these up yourself then you are indeed a comedy genius no less.

I do like the style of nice quick one liners that Tim Vine & Lee Mack come out with and yes some of them I have 'borrowed from them.
Some jokes I see on twitter etc while others and from mates or just come about in conversation then we try to make it into a better joke.

Must admit I'm very partial to a Max one-line special of a morn - start the day with a chuckle, sez I.

Morning Mr S. How are we today on this fine rainy day ?

Mornin' to you too, sirrah :)

(or afternoon by now if you're in pedantic mood)

Woke up very tired today. Brekky, coffee, nicotine and last night's Newsnight later and I'm a bit more alert. Is a big soggy out though, huh? Annoyingly I have to go out in it sometime soonish. Blledin' daily pickup can be a right pain sometimes. I did ask if I could be put on takehome when I was at the clinic this week but he said not until I produced enough clear pisstests. I've produced nothing but clear tests but they've mostly been saliva swabs and he's decided they don't count. Heyho. They do like to create lil hoops for us to jump through. Think he thought I was selling me script cos it wasn't the fact I've not tested positive for owt but cannabis (synth noids actually - they really do show false positives for cannabis, at least the two I've used do). Saliva test doesn't differentiate bupe so he wants a series of positive piss tests this time. That's another three months minimum before takehome script. Meh.

Hehe. Ramble on. Betcha wished ya hadn't have asked now :D

Wheeeeeeyyyy my stuff has finally arrived. lovely

Hope everybody is all good today

Goody-good :)

That's been aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaages coming, no? Ah well, good timing for weekend jollies even if it is perhaps a weekend later than planned. Enjoy =D

Well, I would call you Raas cos I don't know your given name. EADD folk tend to call me Shambles or some variation thereof whether they know my given name or not. I won't ram the point home cos if you've missed it this many times already it's probably not gonna reach you when half-starved and grumpy, but sure the penny will drop at some point ;)

That aside, mornin', all :)

It's still gone over my head. Now quit whining you filthy, filthy druggie :p

LMFAO... but yea people are complicated human beings n can't be put into one box as much as it 's easier for us to do so. Knock you're more than just a "druggie"... Oi I'm trying to defend you here haha :)

I'd label ColtDan as a druggie. He always seems to be on something or other. I think it's ok to call each other druggies, but only if said tongue-in-cheek. Deep down obviously we're all unique individuals and beautiful in our own yadda yadda yadda blah blah blach point's got overly protracted now

That must be a bind. :\

I find it enough of a ballache just to have to have a telephone appointment every month just for my Mirtazapine script. They used to have me on automatically renew but for some reason i have to jump through this hoop every month now. Its hardly a big deal, im just being a whingebag, but next time i'll ask them if they can put the script on automatic renewal for a few months as it does seem to be working now. It will save them a job and some time too. I dont really see what is gained by these appointments/interragations, but i guess i should be gratefull that someone cares enough to do this, or perhaps they have to, i dont really know why this is happening now.

Edit: Just noticed that one of my lines has been adpoted for the gibberings thread tag for the first time, and am quite pleased about that. Almost as pleased as i was when the BBC website quoted one of my lines about Ronnie O' Sullivan from the comments section they used to run.

Last edited:
What defines a druggie? Someone who uses drugs? Someone who raves about them?

I'd be less inclined to label someone a druggie if they took a lot of drugs but didn't tell anyone, to someone who took fewer drugs but wouldn't fucking shut up about it.

Maybe someone who looks like they use/have used loads of drugs like Ian Brown for example, he would be the stereotypical "druggie" i guess. I havent often been called a druggie, so far its not blatantly obvious by my appearance that i use drugs, i have been called a 'wreckhead' i didnt mind that in the least, it was/is true.

That's been aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaages coming, no? Ah well, good timing for weekend jollies even if it is perhaps a weekend later than planned. Enjoy =D

Yeah mate i thought it wasnt gonna arrive, will do :)

I'd label ColtDan as a druggie. He always seems to be on something or other.

Im sober most of the time. apart from weekends. just cos i mention drugs a lot, it is a drug website after all, doesnt mean im always on something lol

the way i define the shitty term druggie = a junkie, somebody always on something

The word Druggie annoys me a bit, ive only heard older people use it, in a sneering "holier than thou" way to define people that dont stick to booze and cigs. which are ironically some of the worst, as we all know

Learning Awolnation - Sail on guitar, gonna do a cover

Last edited:
I've been called a junkie by my mum before! That was pretty hurtful.

ouch i can imagine.

On christmas day my dad asked me what planet i was on and what exactly was i smoking in my ecigs lol. Fortunately he didnt press the matter, i think i had taken a bit too much etiz and coupled with the wine was a bit zonked. Lesson learnt though, take less etiz & drink less wine next time !

My mam called my a druggie once just because I took codeine. CODEINE FFS!!!!

I don't particularly object to being called a 'druggie' and nor did I particularly object to being called a 'junkie' - in a narrow sense they are (or maybe were) factually accurate. It's the limiting nature of labels I object to. Putting such narrow labels on people seems to me to be an attempt to define and box them in ways that are almost inevitibly innaccurate. Often wildly innaccurate. It's not so much that it affects the labelled so much as the labeller. If all you see is the label ('druggy', 'junkie', 'prostitute', 'addict' and so on) then not only does it somewhat dehumanise the individual but also prevent the person doing all the labelling from having any real chance to ever see much beyond that label. If you've got an image in your head of what a 'druggy' or whatever is then that is all you are likely to see in the person whether it bears any real relation to them or not.

As a minor and fairly innocuous example, when Brimz mentioned he happened to like listening to Radio 4 and is quite into birdwatching a certain label fetishist could only react in mockery and disbelief because those things don't happen to be included in his 'junkie' or 'crackhead' labels. Does this hurt Brimz? Not for me to say but I doubt he lost sleep over it. But it did make the labeller look a bit silly. Wonder if his (or indeed anybody else who happened to have shared that belief) definition of 'crackhead junkie' now includes "likely to listen to R4 and birdwatch". Probably not but do they become extra labels or just get discarded because they don't fit the preconception? How many labels does each person need? Or do they perhaps not really need labels?

Edit: Just noticed that one of my lines has been adpoted for the gibberings thread tag for the first time, and am quite pleased about that. Almost as pleased as i was when the BBC website quoted one of my lines about Ronnie O' Sullivan from the comments section they used to run.

At the risk of getting all competetive on ya (I'm not being competetive as such but I was pleased with this) an essay I wrote on spec for my GCSE Film Studies course ended up being part of a BBC training manual apparently. Or so the tutor informed me. Didn't get paid for it or owt but did give me a bit of a =D I must admit.

(it was an essay on the bbfc vs mpaa ratings and/or censorship system - no idea how that applies to the bbc, mind)

sterotyping / being prejustic and labelling people is a lazy and innacurate way of making sense of the world. Well actually it doesnt make sense of the world at all as by stereotyping you are not perceiving things as they really are, and you are just making innacurate assumptions. I was taught this on my counselling course as we had to try to discover our own tendencies to do this and self-monitor enough to try to be at least aware of it. Sometimes you have to consciously re-train your mind to bust these prejudices IME, nearly every one does it to some degree or other, "rich cunts" and "daily mail readers" seem to be the most prejuidced against and stereotyped 'groups' by the members of EADD community.

Well done on your essay thing. You must have been proud, and rightly so. As long as it wasnt a "this is how not to do it" type thing. =D Im just teasing you, i doubt you'd have been like one of those 'funny answers pupils give in exam questions when they are taking the piss' type of examples either. Mind you Id feel a strange sense of pride if one of those piss take answers did become an 'internet sensation.'

Last edited:
stoned, booze, sleep deprevation, MDMA comedown. Urgh, only did like 300mgs over the course of the night and I feel shite.

I don't particularly object to being called a 'druggie' and nor did I particularly object to being called a 'junkie' - in a narrow sense they are (or maybe were) factually accurate. It's the limiting nature of labels I object to. Putting such narrow labels on people seems to me to be an attempt to define and box them in ways that are almost inevitibly innaccurate. Often wildly innaccurate. It's not so much that it affects the labelled so much as the labeller. If all you see is the label ('druggy', 'junkie', 'prostitute', 'addict' and so on) then not only does it somewhat dehumanise the individual but also prevent the person doing all the labelling from having any real chance to ever see much beyond that label. If you've got an image in your head of what a 'druggy' or whatever is then that is all you are likely to see in the person whether it bears any real relation to them or not.

Yes of course, terming someone "Junkie/Druggie/Prozzie/" is often an attempt to defame someone, by reconciling their character as a whole with what could be considered a bad trait.

Shambles said:
As a minor and fairly innocuous example, when Brimz mentioned he happened to like listening to Radio 4 and is quite into birdwatching a certain label fetishist could only react in mockery and disbelief because those things don't happen to be included in his 'junkie' or 'crackhead' labels. Does this hurt Brimz? Not for me to say but I doubt he lost sleep over it. But it did make the labeller look a bit silly. Wonder if his (or indeed anybody else who happened to have shared that belief) definition of 'crackhead junkie' now includes "likely to listen to R4 and birdwatch". Probably not but do they become extra labels or just get discarded because they don't fit the preconception? How many labels does each person need? Or do they perhaps not really need labels?

No, I do object somewhat here. I think you're misperceiving my attitude and intention of that post completely. I see what you're thinking, that I'm guilty of "judging" someone because of the music they listen too.... but this really wasn't the case. I have no intention of putting Brimz down, for no other reason than as a poster I've got on with him. He's one of the very few that actually digs my humour. One of the very few.

I'm fully aware that hip-hop listening and crack/smack smoking is only a facet of his personality. By ascribing it to him as a whole and showing shock and disappointment at radio4 listening, I was more or less poking fun at him, in light of all the many gangsta rap songs uploaded.

There's a differentiation in incentive between poking fun at someone and being contemptuous towards them.

In this case; considering all his voyage into the Bath and Bristol Crack scene and love of gangsta rap, he deserved a bit of fun poked at him for listening to Radio 4. But to call me mocking, judgemental or condescending is taking the post completely wrong.

We all express various online character traits (except Albion), and using some of those traits to poke fun at them is pretty light-hearted with no ill-intent. For instance, when people poke fun at me and my religion, it's not judgemental or aggressive but light-hearted as it's part of a notable character trait. Or me poking fun at Knock for plugging so many drugs, dancing in his room scaring off neighbours. These aren't genuine attacks or judgements, but cheerful jest towards posters and their notable doings.

Last edited:
Y
We all express various online character traits (except Albion).

LOL, poor Albion. You're giving him an unfair rep here, allthough he doesnt give away too many clues about himself and his character, other than him seeming well balanced, bright and into music.

I actually agree with you there, Raas. I did say it was a minor and fairly innocuous example but should have probably emphasised that I did realise it was essentially just larking about rather than any genuine snottiness on your part. I used it as the example mainly because I picked you up for the labelling thing then and have been doing the same here in Gibberings in the current discussion. I'm fairly sure your labelling fetish is very much at the minor an innocuous end of the spectrum but it is on that spectrum - as are more or less all of us (absolutely including myself, although I do like to have any labels I attach to people broken down as often as possible) as MDB points out

As MDB also points out, Heil readers and politicunts are two of my own - and EADD in general - labels of choice. I know that's no better than 'druggy' and the rest and the day I find one of said Heil readers or politicunts who can dispel my preconceptions will be a good day Chez Sham. I'm not really being holier than thou - just making a point is all. As much to remind myself as to remind others. It's annoyingly irksome how easy it is to slip into lazy thinking so I think it worthwhile to remind and remember that it absolutely is lazy thinking and not really the way things are.

Status
Not open for further replies.