Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Gibberings CLVII: Clinging to all the right places

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tristan da Cunha, interesting place.

endurance12aprilislandview.jpg

Tristan was ignored by early explorers as a possible home due to its rugged mountain landscape, absence of natural harbour, lack of land for agriculture, and a harsh climate with heavy rain and high winds at all seasons. It took an extra-ordinary breed of people , ready to live at the margins of life, to settle and eventually thrive in the world's most isolated community.

Fool's Gold
Her 2009 book Fool's Gold: How Unrestrained Greed Corrupted a Dream, Shattered Global Markets and Unleashed a Catastrophe was widely reviewed throughout the English-speaking world[15][16][17][18] and won the Spear's Book Award for the financial book of 2009.

In the newsletter for the Society of Applied Anthropology, Brian McKenna noted that that Tett didn't mention other anthropological books by what he called "finance anthropologists", such as the 2006 Caitlan Zaloom’s book Out of the Pits: Traders and Technology from Chicago to London which also used participant observation to explore the culture of financial capitalism. Another is anthropologist Jack Weathford’s 1998 book The History of Money or books that were "predicting" the 2008 Financial Crisis, including Michael Perelman 2007 book The Confiscation of American Prosperity, From Right Wing Extremism and Economic Ideology to the Next Great Depression, the 2010 edition of Richard Robbins's Global Problems and the Culture of Capitalism, one of the most popular texts in anthropology for explaining the inevitable crises of capital. David Harvey, one of the world’s most well-known surveyors of capitalism and a Professor of Anthropology at CUNY was not mentioned either.[6]

there see that's about you.

The idea of living on a remote island does appeal to me quite a lot, but I worry about the quality of the talent.

and the waiting 4days from eu is bad enough in the uk think how long you would have to wait out there

wonder what drugs/animal/shrooms you could find on there though

I think the dream of an island populated by psychoactive animals and plants is probably just a dream :D nice dream though.

But the way of life would be a trip in itself, restricted to a few square miles of land with no way off, you'd have to find ways to escape yourself and your fellow people. Reminds of Lord of the Flies. They've not got an airport there, just a harbour, 200 odd people descended from about 16 people back in early 1800s.

yes there's about six surnames between them. I've only got one so I'm more inbred ;)

As much of a sex fiend as I am blue mutated pussys is where I draw the line.

Here's a question for you. Would proper eat out a blue waffle on national television for ten grand?

deary me deano there's fuck all wrong with you except your perverted mind.

I wonder if the owner of the blue waffle knows how famous it is? Maybe they could take the website to court and claim loyalties at the end of the day there stealing her success. Mind you she probably didn't have a patent.

Maybe she can go on dragons den and get a dragon to invest and get a patent so it can't be copied. If I had a fanny I would but not got one Let alone one that looks like it did 12 rounds with mike tyson.

Naturally my religious inclinations ruined it all. Fucksake. coming to Christ makes it harder to pull; I guarantee you that.

So many blasphemous fnarrish possibilities there I don't know where to begin :D

Shambles. I can smell you already :D Asda essentials handwash. That's what you smelled of! <3

Ha! I mostly smell of Tango orange handwash at the moment as it happens. Stuff could strip paint but lawdy does it smell lushy <3

As much of a sex fiend as I am blue mutated pussys is where I draw the line.

Here's a question for you. Would proper eat out a blue waffle on national television for ten grand?

Why would anyone do that for a weeks salary?

Hello Gibberers!
Funny story from mrcientist and I: a few weeks ago we had a big coke-night with a bit of EPD and spent the whole night being proud of how un-arrogant we were being...which, ironically, is arrogant in itself. We then spent the whole night complimenting the other person, knowing full well that they would compliment us back. So basically we felt like the most selfless coke users in the world when we were in fact being the complete opposite and living up to the coke-head stereotype.
Aaaaaah, coke =D <3

Stop doing coke and answer your fukkan phone woman.

Status
Not open for further replies.