• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Getting loperamide across the blood-brain barrier

Arsteraad said:
i doubt that man. Loperamide is related to fent and isnt euphoric in the same sense that the morphine derivatives are. i believe this was mentioned earlier but in the same post the guy claimed to use tagamet as a way of making oral loper cross the BBB, which i frankly dont beleive is possible.
Also no new 'syndicate' is ever going to oust or even rival the popularity of the heroin and cocaine cartels. Period.
Its just not the kind of thing you can expand upon really.

Its way more complicated than just crossing the BBB. Yes, moities on the molecule make it relatively bulky, polar, and non-lyphophyllic, but glycoprotein efflux is the real thing to combat here. That is where the cimetidine comes in. Your results may vary. sorry

^ya well id rather just stick to heroin, and the fact that noone beleives you when you say that tagamet will make loper cross the BBB

The amount of cimetidine required is (if I remember correctly) the sort of dose that means you wouldn't produce any stomach acid 'til Xmas next year! (OK a bit of an exaggeration, but you get the point - the dose is NOT recommended under any circumstances - bit like injecting superglue!))

well whatever im no chemists, i stand on the shoulders of the geniuses here at BL

Arsteraad said:
^ya well id rather just stick to heroin, and the fact that noone beleives you when you say that tagamet will make loper cross the BBB

are you sure its not midnight who doesn't believe me?

mang whatever im not going to get into a tussle with you about this. if it works for you more power to you and your unique metabolism. im not even close to being knowledgeable about somatic/neural chemistry to argue about this shit so ill stfu.

I heard you could make loperamide cross the bbb with condoms and bbq sauce. Its real! Has anyone have that journal article?

fast man you should give me some online sources so i can learn more about the drugs i live on and depend upon (painkillers had a full spinal fusion) but i would like to learn anything man my mind is yours for the molding man!

I think I'm going to send this over to ADD and let them tackle the flaws in the presented protocol.

*** this is not something that you should be screwing around with unless you really know your chem and pharm. As presented there are quite a few flaws and holes and i would hate to think of anyone even thinking about sticking this in a syringe or anywhere near a body ***

F&B - do with it what you like....

"hai guise can I slam diarreah pills with insulin and get hii?"

One more time, this shit is gold, i was gigglin for like 10 min..

sarbanes said:
are you sure its not midnight who doesn't believe me?

you must have some fantastic new information on cimetidine/loperamide. For the sake of us all, why don't you spell out exactly why cimetidine has a signifigant effect loperamide's central activity? (obviously it does cross the blood brain barrier, just doesn't build up before removal)

You have to add Insulin to use it?

I think its kinda wasting insulin, I think Diabetics should be the only people using insulin.

Beenhead said:
You have to add Insulin to use it?

I think its kinda wasting insulin, I think Diabetics should be the only people using insulin.

No the whole thing is whak and makes no sort of sense in theory. Untill someone comes through with evidence it works, or an explanation of why, presume its impossible

uhm for the superglue argument

the substance we now mosty commonly find as super glue was developed in ww2 as an effective and quick way to seal wounds , so it is safe for the body since it was meant to be in contact with bleeding surfaces

industrials realized the huge potential of this sticky stuff and commercialized it as glue

^i can almost feel my heart yearning for that sweet sweet nectar to be pulsing through its veins and valves...

fastandbulbous said:
Along with injecting congealed superglue, here is a legend in the making =D

"i told u i wuz hardcore"

seriously guys, if anything, loperamide is probably useful for its intended gastric purposes, useful for those in wd, and perhaps as a pre-loader for outcompeting the desired opiate for your somatic opiate receptors (thusly leaving only those in the brain open for the lols)...loperamide really is sort of a wonder drug for its intended purpose...props if someone can get it over the bbb, but really, we don't need "teh fedz" taking it off the market due to clever dopeheads!

BingeBoy said:
uhm for the superglue argument

the substance we now mosty commonly find as super glue was developed in ww2 as an effective and quick way to seal wounds , so it is safe for the body since it was meant to be in contact with bleeding surfaces

industrials realized the huge potential of this sticky stuff and commercialized it as glue

Thats what I thought. I mentioned it on the first page, though no one paid attention.

But still, even using it seal wounds, I highly doubt enough gets into your veins. Its definitley not as much as IVing it would introduce.