• 🇺🇸󠁿 🇧🇷 🇨🇦 🇦🇷 🇲🇽 🇹🇹 🇨🇺
    The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

⭐️ Social ⭐️ Get to know your neighbo(u)rs from across the pond

I think that this stat varies widely depending on state. In rural areas where people grow up around guns, there is probably a lot less incidence of accidental shootings, whereas city and suburban residents that only own a gun to protect their home are more likely to accidentally shoot a family member.

In MA you can't just blast someone for busting in your house. There's tons of criteria that must be met to do so, such as giving them a chance to leave. You have to prove that they were a threat to someone's life as well so them just being there won't do. If you cock the hammer as opposed to just firing in dual action it's also considered premeditated murder and yes they can tell by the spent cartridge. So basically if you want to shoot a home invader in my state you have to make sure there's a door behind them and toss em a kitchen knife first ;)

Now now, that head-but was completely unnecessary.

I randomly caught Trainspotting on at some ridiculous hour on IFC. It was before I had ever heard of it on here, and I luckily caught it from the beginning. It was a good thing my roommate at the time was away for the weekend, so I didn't look like as much of a druggie to him.

Now now, that head-but was completely unnecessary.

I randomly caught Trainspotting on at some ridiculous hour on IFC. It was before I had ever heard of it on here, and I luckily caught it from the beginning. It was a good thing my roommate at the time was away for the weekend, so I didn't look like as much of a druggie to him.

I heard that when Trainspotting was released stateside they had to include subtitles as the American audience would have trouble understanding the Scottish accent. Did you have to switch the subtitles on?

I heard that when Trainspotting was released stateside they had to include subtitles as the American audience would have trouble understanding the Scottish accent. Did you have to switch the subtitles on?

No, I was able to understand it. Actually, IFC (channel it was on) always had horrible static, so some of it was a little hard to see. That's the other reason I'm glad my roommate wasn't there. He woulda seen me looking through the static just so I could watch a movie about heroin.

I think it's more that we don't always get the slang phrases.

They also renamed the film 'The Madness of George III' to 'The Madness of King George' in case Americans thought it was the third part of a trilogy.

000b9a7e_medium.jpeg

true internet urban legend story!

^ that makes sense to me. I thought Malcolm x was malcolm the tenth for a long time as a youngster.

alot of UK movies like green street hooligans and boondock saints need to be watched more then once to understand it cause of the accents..just like how that chick from xfactor got fired cause no one could understand what she was saying

me personally i cant really imitate an english accent like the brots can with americans..to me when i try it it sounds like a mixture of english and australian and the more i talk like it the less it sounds..like i can start off ok but anything more then a few words sou nds like rubbish..to me the weirdest is how a singer from the UK will sing perfect but once they stop singing and start speaking normal, you cant understand a damn thing

and arent english accents kind of like american accents..even though its the same country everybody has a differnt accent depending on where they are from like a boston or a NYC or a downsouth accent..do yall have like english redneclk accents..can yo utell where someone is from by their accent? like yeah your obviously not from london, you must be from bermingham

and also do yall from the UK find american accents as sexy as we find english accents or anytype of accent for that matter? like ive met some girls at work that even though they wernt the prettiest girls, their accent made them alot cuter and why do yall put an "R" in the word ass? aside from that i like britsh words alot and wish we could use them more here..like rubbish, wanker or wag and saloon and a few others

Last edited:
Boondock Saints takes place is Boston. Maybe it was the Boston accent? A buddy of mine who moved up from Texas says he has a hard time understanding us because of our accents and how fast we talk. FTR though we don't all sound like JFK.

I do agree though foreign accents do make chicks hotter.

alot of UK movies like green street hooligans and boondock saints need to be watched more then once to understand it cause of the accents
That West Ham guy has a fucking awful English accent, worse than Dick van Dyke. Green Street is basically a rip off of the Football Factory, which is actually a much better film, and doesn't start out with half an hour explaining what hooliganism is to Americans.
why do yall put an "R" in the word ass?
Why do you leave the "r" out of the word "arse"?

maybe its not boondock saints then..but some brittish action movie..let me go see if my brother knows what im talking about

well the word is ass, thats why theres no "R"..but i know your just gonna say "well the word is arse"

so i guess a better question would haave been color and colour but your still gonna give the same wanker arse answer anyway

and like i said in the social thread i dont like big bitches but adele could get it..she looks decent in that "someone like you" video but that jessie j looks kinda scary, almost like a dude in drag

lol chinky you and adele. you dont mind big bitches eh? hell, doesnt matter to me if shes got a lil extra cushion, long as shes got the TIG OL BITTYS.

iu think the brit accent adds to it too plus shes can sing like no ive heard since alicia keys came out with "fallin"...but theres something about girls and foreign accents though

stuff in bold
alot of UK movies like green street hooligans and boondock saints need to be watched more then once to understand it cause of the accents..just like how that chick from xfactor got fired cause no one could understand what she was saying

as stated, Boondock Saints is set in the USA, man! lol. maybe you were thinking of 'Snatch'. :D (great film; check it out.)

and most UK people can't understand Cheryl Cole either.

and arent english accents kind of like american accents..even though its the same country everybody has a differnt accent depending on where they are from like a boston or a NYC or a downsouth accent...can yo utell where someone is from by their accent? like yeah your obviously not from london, you must be from bermingham

correct, in most cases. but a lot of people have neutral accents that are hard to pin down.

do yall have like english redneclk accents.

no. there isn't such thing as one English (or Scottish or Welsh or Irish) 'redneck' accent, but there are many that are equally looked down upon for the same kinda reasons. for example, people with strong accents from Liverpool, Birmingham, Glasgow, Aberdeen, Cornwall and certain areas of London are thought of as lower-class scum too.

and also do yall from the UK find american accents as sexy as we find english accents or anytype of accent for that matter?

nope, sorry. to us, 'american accents' aren't exotic in the slightest. too much MTV and Friends over the past few decades.

why do yall put an "R" in the word ass?

because why not? and because:

Etymology

Old English ærs, ears, from Proto-Germanic *arsaz. Cognate with Dutch aars and German Arsch. Ultimately from Proto-Indo-European *orse (“backside, buttocks”)

you guys dropped the 'r', just like you dropped letters from or changed the spelling of aluminium, sulphur, colour, encyclopaedia, and... paedophile. the question is "why did you guys change the spelling of words that already existed?"

oh, and Adele has a 'cockney' London accent which is pretty redneck, btw. :D

Is Jeremy Clarkson hilarious for you guys also, or is he just fat in England?

Is Jeremy Clarkson hilarious for you guys also, or is he just fat in England?
is hilarious the opposite of fat now?

sometimes he is both. some people love him, some people hate him.

i think he's an arrogant wanker who deliberately trolls people IRL and can be hilarious at times. but then again I am really into cars.