• 🇺🇸󠁿 🇧🇷 🇨🇦 🇦🇷 🇲🇽 🇹🇹 🇨🇺
    The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

⭐️ Social ⭐️ Get to know your neighbo(u)rs from across the pond

really quite disturbing question.

there has been almost no media coverage of the NY/Boston/Denver/wherever (i genuinely don't know, no coverage yeah?) protests over here. are they being similarly supressed in the states?

all i know about the US coverage is this:

316076_10150342020327416_807242415_8113650_598796828_n.jpg

^ If you get all your news from once source here, you aren't getting the real story. I love the daily show and colbert report for that reason. I take everything I hear with a grain of salt. Not too much is suppressed, but much is over blown.

I live near Boston and there are always protests. But yes, there have been anti-wall street protests recently, but I have yet to hear of anything extraordinary. I hear they have spread nationwide. There's a lot less "spin" in this article about it. Most people don't take the New York Times too seriously after that whole phone tapping thing.

Do you brits stay inside all the time and just get smashed on "holiday" or whatever you call it?

Who said anything about protests in Denver? nobody here gives a fuck what anyone else does. We have snow to ski and fish to catch.

Do you perceive everyone from the mountain-west US as being either a hick or outdoorsy? Especially Colorado?
Why is pub cider seen as such a low-class thing to drink? I think it's delicious.

My friend has a handgun that shoots shotgun shells - do you think they would allow that in the UK?

Do you brits stay inside all the time and just get smashed on "holiday" or whatever you call it?
No, we get smashed all the time.
My friend has a handgun that shoots shotgun shells - do you think they would allow that in the UK?
Definitely not, it would be treated legally as a sawn-off.

Do you perceive everyone from the mountain-west US as being either a hick or outdoorsy? Especially Colorado?
Yes, we all think that. Aren't you the people that gaze slackjawed at the sky when all those planes fly over? ;)

actually, I usually just lean back on my horse and stare up at the sky.

How can a handgun that shoots shotgun shells be illegal? Even if I haven't modified it at all?

What is your governments position on semi-automatic sniper rifles? What if I am hunting deer with it?

the Firearm Certificate - this is issued to U.K. residents, covering rifles, shotguns with a magazine capacity greater than two, and airguns with a muzzle energy greater than 12 ft-lbs. This certificate will list the firearm(s) possessed, and those allowed to be purchased or acquired, together with the quantity of ammunition that may be held, purchased or acquired. There may also be strict limitations on exactly where the firearm(s) may be used. This certificate will not entitle the holder to purchase automatic, semi-automatic (other than .22 rimfire), or pump-action (other than .22 rimfire) rifles. Any air rifle with a muzzle energy greater than 12 ft/lbs, or air pistol greater than 6 ft/lbs, may not be purchased unless you possess a Firearms Certificate authorising you to do so. Handguns are now effectively banned.

the Shotgun Certificate - will show the names and serial numbers of any shotguns possessed. There are currently no restrictions on the acquisition of shotguns, providing the details of any transaction are noted on the certificate, and the issuing police authority informed. It is necessary to produce your certificate when purchasing cartridges. For the purposes of the certificate, a shotgun is defined as a smoothbore gun, with barrel(s) at least 24" (610mm) long. Semi-automatics and pump-actions must have a magazine capacity of no more than two shots: this has be a permanent restriction, verified by either the London or Birmingham Proof Houses.
i think the minimum length bit (i.e. " with barrel(s) at least 24" (610mm) long") is so that they're not easy to conceal if you're a dodgy geezer blagging a bank.

and if you're using a semi-automatic sniper rifle, you must be a terrible shot. surely one bullet is enough? ;)

How can a handgun that shoots shotgun shells be illegal? Even if I haven't modified it at all?
Because both handguns and short-barreled shotguns are prohibited.

You can only let them off on holidays (Bonfire Night, New year...).

So if someone breaks in your house and you have a legal shotgun can you blast them? If someone enters my dwelling I have the right to use deadly force. Can any regular law-abiding citizen own one,or is there a bunch of bureaucratic red tape invalid with purchasing?

Wow, that's pretty fucked up. I am happy that if someone comes into my home I can blast them away. I certainly don't agree with the lax concealed carry laws here, but a man's home is his castle.

Have any of you Americans/Canadians sampled our euro pills? i.e. the Q dances, elephants, winners etc... what do you think? How to they compare to the ones over there?

I am happy that if someone comes into my home I can blast them away.
...and that the person you blast away is more likely to be a family member than a home intruder?

Hell yeah, when I was in college, My buddy and I bought a bunch of euro "Big macs" through this guy we met in Amsterdam. We had them shipped to the college radio station in the spines of promo CD's. If I remember correctly, they were 120mg of MDMA and 60mg of MDA.

...and that the person you blast away is more likely to be a family member than a home intruder?

I think that this stat varies widely depending on state. In rural areas where people grow up around guns, there is probably a lot less incidence of accidental shootings, whereas city and suburban residents that only own a gun to protect their home are more likely to accidentally shoot a family member.

As for the "occupy" protests, they are certainly getting a lot more attention. I didn't even hear about them before chinup posted the article, and now it is on friends facebook pages, news, tv shows, etc...

I've wondered this for a while since visting my cousin in Canada- How common is it for teenagers to smoke fags (Or cigs I should say as to not offend you :p