• 🇺🇸󠁿 🇧🇷 🇨🇦 🇦🇷 🇲🇽 🇹🇹 🇨🇺
    The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

⭐️ Social ⭐️ Get to know your neighbo(u)rs from across the pond

Funny how no one responded to my question about how the brits feel about the U.S. saving your ass. Hell, we were sending military equipment such as ammo and guns across the pond to help yall out even before we joined to help yall. It's a miracle that every single one of your troops weren't killed in the beginning of the war and yall had to have fishing boats to come rescue your troops.

As for as Americans not leaving the country, you have to think that the U.S. is a very diverse place and we can drive 100 miles and see a completely different environment for a lot of the U.S. We are also a much bigger country.

Football is a much more entertaining sport to watch. I've been to just about as many soccer games as football games, so the later is much more entertaining to me.

I pretty much only drive cars with manual transmissions. I have owned a few that were automatic over the years but I do not like them one bit. Whether it's a car or truck, powerful or small and slow, it adds so much to the driving experience. Not to mention being less likely to break down, better fuel economy, less lost horsepower, better throttle response, etc. But I do live out in the woods too so who knows, I just like to drive insanely fast and am obsessed with cars.
Most people are lazy. And a lot of them think it is a lot harder than it actually is to learn how to use a clutch.
And yeah, the traffic thing. If I lived in a huge city like NY or LA I wouldn't want a manual (although transmissions would be the least of my worries if I had to live in such a god awful place).

Also, yeah a lot of the little economy shitboxes that people drive over there just make me shake my head. Ford Fiestas can eat my balls. Also, diesel sucks too.

As far as the passport thing goes, I'd assume there are many reasons Americans don't travel outside the country. I personally have a passport and have only used it twice, I've only ever left the country 3 times and once was before you needed a passport to go to Canada.
Basically America is huge. Traveling in Europe is a lot different than here because over there if you want to go somewhere that's 400 miles away it's an international trip. Here it's just going a couple states over and a few hour car ride. Also, there's nowhere to really go unless you have a lot of money. Unless you feel like going to Canada or Mexico, any international travel will cost a few thousand dollars and involves a long ass flight over an ocean. Over there an international is different. Sure I would like to go to Europe but no way in hell could I ever afford that, and realistically I probably never will as a result. And if I do make it over there I'm sure it will only be a once in a lifetime thing. Have you ever traveled to North America? If I needed a passport to leave the tiny state I live in I would have gotten one way sooner in life also, but here you just don't need to. I can travel 3000 miles and still be in the same country, but experiencing an entirely different climate, accent, and culture.

(And that's completely ignoring the fact that I'm sure in this age of fear many of the weaker-minded folks are just scared to go outside into the big bad dangerous world where the evil terrorists can get them...)

Last edited:
I've traveled to both Canada and Mexico a few times each with no passport. That was obviously some time ago. I've been meaning to get one but, I'm sure I'll just wait till I need it.

As far as traveling to Europe goes, I'd love to go. It's certainly a lot more expensive than going to a bordering country.

Funny how no one responded to my question about how the brits feel about the U.S. saving your ass. Hell, we were sending military equipment such as ammo and guns across the pond to help yall out even before we joined to help yall. It's a miracle that every single one of your troops weren't killed in the beginning of the war and yall had to have fishing boats to come rescue your troops.

As for as Americans not leaving the country, you have to think that the U.S. is a very diverse place and we can drive 100 miles and see a completely different environment for a lot of the U.S. We are also a much bigger country.

Football is a much more entertaining sport to watch. I've been to just about as many soccer games as football games, so the later is much more entertaining to me.

Russia (indirectly i guess, more like Hitler himself really) saved England in WW2 read a book bro. Hitler was all set to invade England but he was more interested in fighting Communists than Capitalists and wound up invading Russia before locking up the Western Theater. Turns out that was a bad call on his part but he was probably still flexin a bit after beating Poland and France so easily.

The US certainly was a huge part of World War 2, but to say they "saved" England is a bit much

things that saved England more than the US: radar, underground resistance movements, Hitler, Russia, Italy sucking cock in Africa, gasoline (or the lack of it in Messerschmitts, they only had roughly a little over a half hour to do shit over England before having to turn back), Herman Goering, Jewish people, the Royal Navy

without England the US would not have been able to defeat the Nazis nearly as easily if at all. England was the western theater's aircraft carrier, just like how aircraft carriers won the Pacific theater

Last edited:
and I love the fuck out of America and wouldnt want to live anywhere else but we have a tendency to overestimate our importance to the rest of the world prior to the Cold War. We only blew up after WW2 because none of the fighting took place on our homeland and it gave a lot of people a sense of purpose and therefore learned skills they could then apply to the civilian workforce.

Not to mention gas was cheap and plentiful and we stole the best scientists from other countries in order to create nuclear weapons which basically changed everything about everything in the world.

I pretty much only drive cars with manual transmissions. I have owned a few that were automatic over the years but I do not like them one bit. Whether it's a car or truck, powerful or small and slow, it adds so much to the driving experience. Not to mention being less likely to break down, better fuel economy, less lost horsepower, better throttle response, etc. But I do live out in the woods too so who knows, I just like to drive insanely fast and am obsessed with cars.
Most people are lazy. And a lot of them think it is a lot harder than it actually is to learn how to use a clutch.
And yeah, the traffic thing. If I lived in a huge city like NY or LA I wouldn't want a manual (although transmissions would be the least of my worries if I had to live in such a god awful place).

Also, yeah a lot of the little economy shitboxes that people drive over there just make me shake my head. Ford Fiestas can eat my balls. Also, diesel sucks too.

As far as the passport thing goes, I'd assume there are many reasons Americans don't travel outside the country. I personally have a passport and have only used it twice, I've only ever left the country 3 times and once was before you needed a passport to go to Canada.
Basically America is huge. Traveling in Europe is a lot different than here because over there if you want to go somewhere that's 400 miles away it's an international trip. Here it's just going a couple states over and a few hour car ride. Also, there's nowhere to really go unless you have a lot of money. Unless you feel like going to Canada or Mexico, any international travel will cost a few thousand dollars and involves a long ass flight over an ocean. Over there an international is different. Sure I would like to go to Europe but no way in hell could I ever afford that, and realistically I probably never will as a result. And if I do make it over there I'm sure it will only be a once in a lifetime thing. Have you ever traveled to North America? If I needed a passport to leave the tiny state I live in I would have gotten one way sooner in life also, but here you just don't need to. I can travel 3000 miles and still be in the same country, but experiencing an entirely different climate, accent, and culture.

(And that's completely ignoring the fact that I'm sure in this age of fear many of the weaker-minded folks are just scared to go outside into the big bad dangerous world where the evil terrorists can get them...)

I was in the British Army and travelled to Canada as we have a large training area there starting from Medicine Hat in Alberta. We play war games on the Alberta Plains Nice part of the world

Can I add about you Americans talking about saving our asses in WW11 weren't we Allies and are we not still. One thing I noticed in Iraq (the first one) you guys seemed to shoot each other alot and a few of us Brits TOO well you guys call it blue on blue. But saying that you guys saved my ass a couple of times with your A10 Thunderbolt an awesome piece of kit

Can I add about you Americans talking about saving our asses in WW11 weren't we Allies and are we not still. One thing I noticed in Iraq (the first one) you guys seemed to shoot each other alot and a few of us Brits TOO well you guys call it blue on blue. But saying that you guys saved my ass a couple of times with your A10 Thunderbolt an awesome piece of kit

Friendly fire is an unfortunate part of combat I wish it would never happen but people make mistakes. The A10 is a bad mother fucker and they want to retire it which I think would be a bad move. There is a base near me that houses the A10 and I get to watch them fly around quite a bit and it is always impressive to see.

its a shame the most powerful tool we have for modern combat (helicopters imo. airplanes just blow shit up, helis can control a whole area) are also the most susceptible to being damaged by far more simplistic weapons (RPGs)

Id rather be a fighter pilot than a heli pilot any day, but only because I dont think the Taliban is getting any fighter jets in the near future whereas they basically have a garage sale and find 50 RPGs they forgot about underneath the opium harvest

WOW I've only just seen this Tommyboy, having invaded the US sub- forum, parked myself down n am claiming squatters rights!

In all seriousness this is an ace idea. I've not read thread yet just your initial posts but will be sure to do one. Is there a smiliar thing with the Aussie forum?

Could you not link this thread with EADD so they also have this stickied? I'm only aware of this because I INVADED you all hehe! I'm sure some of the more newer EADD members are not aware of this thread n would love to participate.
Also there's different mods since 2011 as we all know Knock, is sadly no longer with us. Just an idea anyway, looking forward to reading through this.

One misconception is that a lot of countries think of the UK as England. I, and fellow Welshies find it offensive. In the UK theres, England, Scotland, Wales n Northern Ireland. For a wee (slang for small) continent, Island, whatever people wish to call it - we've a long n fascinating history. The Welsh have our own language. Sadly I'm not very good at it, which is an insult to my country - but my daughter is learning it in school n doing very well. My Mam could not speak English until she was 16 - she lived in a small community which was EXTREMELY Welsh-orientated, including the language. I am ashamed that I don't know my own language as I'm very proud of Wales. I class myself as Welsh, not British because I am Welsh but that's not to say I'd want the UK split though. I like the idea of Scotland and Wales having some sort of independence as we do but I like the united front.

I know it's a standing joke but we don't drink tea out of small cups n eat scones - well we do eat scones lol. And we don't speak. Sorry to dampen the mood slight, but it's quite offensive in films when they play a British person n make us sound posh. Even Londoners are not posh-sounding unless you're royalty or high class. We actually drink mainly coffe, although some of us like tea. I've tea-bags at home but I mainly drink coffee (which has to be nescafe).

My late great Nain (pronounce NINE Welsh for grandmother) Peggy did actually drink tea of out small china cups. She did this all her life, although she did make me tea out of a mug a few years before she died - so yes I guess some old folk used to do that lol. But I like my coffee n the more the merrier so ha! :D

Bear in this country is dear if you're drinking out. Can actually cost up to £5 a pint/bottle depending on what you want and where you are. However the supermarkets sell alcohol at low prices, which is something the government is trying to change.

As I said I'll read the thread later n try to answer any questions tgat may not have been answered or genuinely just give my opinion/spin on things from a Welsh perspective. I want people to know of our beautiful little country :)

Thanks you, Tommyboy for the thread!

Evey

How old do you have to be to legally drink alchohol? It's 21 here when I was 19 we could go to Canada and drink but now they won't serve Americans till their 21.

How old do you have to be to legally drink alchohol? It's 21 here when I was 19 we could go to Canada and drink but now they won't serve Americans till their 21.

I'm the UK, the age is 18. I can't speak for the rest of the Europe or Africa as I'm unsure. That's too bad that they won't serve American's. That sounds a steep age, but understandable I guess. I had a 9-month online relationship with someone from Oshawa, Canada, and told him that he sounded American. He wasn't impressed about it LOL. So when I was about to suggest that you sound similar so how'd they know, thought against it... but I guess I've just said it.... I s'pose it it's like Welsh and English. We may sound similar to you in America, but there's a definite different to us. Sorry for the waffle Brain goes to sleep on Sundays haha....

Evey

Yeah at 18 we can join the military become trained killers and die for our country but god damnit don't fucking have a beer after a hard days work.

Yeah at 18 we can join the military become trained killers and die for our country but god damnit don't fucking have a beer after a hard days work.

Yea that is a bit silly, no offence. it's like here we're allowed to get married at 16, have sexual intercourse at 16, but not allowed to drink. Ain't these laws strange sometimes. I think that when considering age of consent for things; they need to look at the bigger picture (things as a whole, rather than focus on one thing).

Ain't you allowed to drive and own your owe cars at 16 in the US? We have to be, I think 17 before we can apply for our provisional licence. We then have to do a theory and then an actual driving test (surprising what I known considering I can't drive). I was told that it's hard to walk around certain places in the US and that you need a car / taxi to get around. That was from some lecture in a Weight Management postgraduate course I studied in university.

Evey

In the US at 16, after getting a high grade on your driving written exam and then after 6 hours( I believe) of driving with a driving instructor practicing on the open road, you get your permit. Your permit is a slip of paper that basically means that you're allowed to drive around with your parents as passengers. And maybe even anyone who has had a valid license for somewhere close to a decade.
At 17 you have to take a short road test that tests you on some more "important" things like parallel parking, using blinkers, reversing, and wearing seat belts, lol. Then you have your provisional license. Which means you're allowed to drive around alone, or with 1 non family member passenger and you have a curfew of before midnight if I recall correctly. Then once you turn 18 you have a normal, regularly, every day driver's license.

And yeah, unless you're in the heart of a metropolitan area of a rather large city, you're going to have to rely on your own means of transportation for the most part.

When I turned 16 you got a full license with no restrictions. That was over 20 years ago.

Ah.... Not sure how I'd feel about that.... I love walking... I'd hate to have to get a taxi everywhere.... Walking makes me feel ace, relaxed and alive

Evey

We have actually tried to link this to EADD. Not sure what happened there. It may not be possible for the same thread to exist in two places which was the initial thought.

Russia (indirectly i guess, more like Hitler himself really) saved England in WW2 read a book bro. Hitler was all set to invade England but he was more interested in fighting Communists than Capitalists and wound up invading Russia before locking up the Western Theater. Turns out that was a bad call on his part but he was probably still flexin a bit after beating Poland and France so easily.

The US certainly was a huge part of World War 2, but to say they "saved" England is a bit much

things that saved England more than the US: radar, underground resistance movements, Hitler, Russia, Italy sucking cock in Africa, gasoline (or the lack of it in Messerschmitts, they only had roughly a little over a half hour to do shit over England before having to turn back), Herman Goering, Jewish people, the Royal Navy

without England the US would not have been able to defeat the Nazis nearly as easily if at all. England was the western theater's aircraft carrier, just like how aircraft carriers won the Pacific theater

There were countless factors that lead to the victory of WWII just as you mentioned. I'm a WWII history buff, so don't tell me to go read a book. Hitler declaring war on America was called his biggest military mistake, I can find the source if you wish. But, Russia did play a huge role in WWII. I was more or less trying to ruffle some feathers on the Brits to see how they responded. I agree with you on just about all your points man.