• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc GBL taking its toll

Not to be an ass, but YOU need to be careful. I been through the GBL cycle I was doing between 15-40 ml per day. The withdrawals and euphoria will only get worse. LSD tripping during a strung out GBL binge or during a GBL withdrawal? Maybe that's a good idea to put things in perspective and realize that you're ruining your life. Look I don't usually care about people I usually could care less hearing about people hurting themselves, but after my GBL/GHB hell that I went through I gotta chime in. I was also using amphetamine during the GBL use and this only made problems worse. I would have to take high doses of both to feel normal/good. It wasn't until I stopped did I noticed the harm I was doing. I still have really bad joint/muscular/jaw problems from putting so much stress on my body from it. I hope you don't find yourself in the shoes I was in about 6 months ago.

Here's an update on my GBL situation...

My intake has been ramped up. I'm now taking 3ml 6 times a day. Why I am I taking this? It's given me confidence, making me happy and reducing boredom big time at work. I tried to stop taking it but 8 hours after my last dose I started to get unbelievably anxious. I had to continue using.

My son who is 6 is seeing daddy sleeping on living room and hall floors because of nearly overdosing. My girlfriend is pregnant too and is at the end of her tether. She tried to pour my bottle down the sink but I grabbed it and ran off. I lied to her later by saying a poured it out and I will deal with this addiction issue.

Here is the scary part, I still feel after all of this that I'm still not ready to let go. My friends say I look ill. I hardly sleep. You guys know what G gets like, you end up needing it to sleep and you only get about 5 hours then you are ready for another day. 30 cigarettes a day ar also being consumed. I'm know I should stop but it's a scary thought.

I've ordered amphetamine for Christmas to binge to take my mind of it. I also ordered LSD so I can maybe search into my soul and ask why you I'm doing this.

Please be careful if you experiment with this drug people.

To clarify - around 6 months ago when I quit the G I was basically going fucking insane horrible horrible depression, aching body, heart palpitations, some random convulsing muscles. Just kept telling myself not to go to the hospital, because I knew it would suck ass in there and I'd get stuck in there/go to rehab/get no help whatever. It just sucks honestly still having long term muscle/joint/jaw problems from it to this day, its healing so fucking slow.

To clarify - around 6 months ago when I quit the G I was basically going fucking insane horrible horrible depression, aching body, heart palpitations, some random convulsing muscles. Just kept telling myself not to go to the hospital, because I knew it would suck ass in there and I'd get stuck in there/go to rehab/get no help whatever. It just sucks honestly still having long term muscle/joint/jaw problems from it to this day, its healing so fucking slow.

I've just poured 200ml down the sink,

I have access to codeine. What tips have you got for me mate?

My advice would be to get rid of it now. I don't know anyone who was able to use it responsibly for a sustained period. It just is not worth it and it will ruin your live.

I've just poured 200ml down the sink,

I have access to codeine. What tips have you got for me mate?

Take codeine if you need it, but don't abuse it. I don't think you'll need it. I was taking a lot more than you were to get such bad effects, but trust me u made the right decision. Just take it easy don't stress yourself out over next 2 weeks, because you'll probably have some withdrawal.

Take codeine if you need it, but don't abuse it. I don't think you'll need it. I was taking a lot more than you were to get such bad effects, but trust me u made the right decision. Just take it easy don't stress yourself out over next 2 weeks, because you'll probably have some withdrawal.

I have had no major withdrawal symptoms yet. Anxious from time to time so I take some codeine through the day (4 30mg tablets) and only a couple of beers at night to take the edge of it. I'm very proud of myself for pouring this away. I have the support of my family just now which has helped. The LSD idea and amphetamine binge is not going to happen. I have 2 weeks to get my shit together before I go back to work and get on with my life. I also have a doctors appointment tomorrow. Thank you for all your support through this mate. It means a lot that you keep checking this thread to see my progress. Much love

Np man, keep up the good work :)

Well that's been 10 days without it. Friends and family have noticed a massive change in me. I'm not that bubbly fun guy anymore. The only time I'm happy during the day is when I get a bit high from codeine. When I smoke weed I feel great for a little while, then have pretty bad negative effects like thinking about what's happening in my life and how unhappy I am.

I've started to dream again at night which is weird. I feel I have no energy all the time too. I'm very anxious about going back to work next week. The doctor gave me SSRI type drugs which I haven't touched. I was hoping for a benzo type drug but with my history of drug abuse it sit going to happen.

When my son is born in April I will have access to tramadol which really helps me get through the days.

Well that's been a month and I'm fully recovered from GBL now. I feel it's not done any lasting negative effects. For 2 weeks I had serious anxiety issues and rather than taking the citilapram (weeks to work?) the doctor prescribed me I self medicated on weak legal benzos available here in the UK. I'm now really happy and will only take any chemicals at the weekend (mainly 3-MeO-PCP). It's something to look forward to.

For anyone reading this, GBL is so easy to keep re dosing. It sucked me in like nothing I've ever experienced. I think it worked out 20p a dose. Be extremely careful with this folks.

In future I will only buy tiny bits of GHB for concerts and gigs as it makes for a far more enjoyable experience than alcohol.

Thanks to everyone in this thread for your support.