penis : vagina
sperm : egg

it's natural people

like sexes marrying is a pretentious abomination, a perversion of nature

^^^ not if it's a member of the same sex in the context of marriage

that's bullshit DD

you failed to post the 4th definition of natural:

Not acquired; inherent.

As far as "taking up for a fairy tale", it appears you are kid, quite literally.

^^

can we say hello to genetics??

You know how things are passed from one generation to the next, like say eye colour, hair colour, sexual identity anyone???

You are severely misguided here brock. Whats your problem here anyway? What have gay people done to you to make you so angry and opposed? Or are you just a moron mindlessly repeating the trash spewed out by religious groups?

CB...

Originally posted by Chaos Butterfly
^^
Hello ignorance and intolerance. Thankyou for your views... please educate yourself about oh say genetics and science before bandying about the old bullshit homosexuality is a disease thing.

Scientific research cannot be used as a moral framework without falling prey to the naturalistic fallacy.

Originally posted by DigitalDuality What if i consider myself christian, but only follow the teachings of Jesus's words and nothing else in the New Testament or OT? Jesus says nothing about gays.

"If you believe what you like in the gospel, and reject what you don't like, it is not the gospel you believe, but yourself". As for 'Jesus says nothing about gays' .. I know you know more than the crap you choose to speak (when it's convienient for you). Jesus didn't speak of incest among other things... so you and your father can get down and dirty.

his BL handle is of a pop-rapper... probably some teen age fan who hangs posters all of his room of the big black stud, and secrectly has homo erotic fantasies about him day in and day out..

'nuff said..

sounds equally intelligent to 50 Cent's comments on gays in a Playboy interview..

Sound similar in tone? Sound similar with crappy English? Yes on both accounts.

Which furthers my assumption.. the uneducated should quit looking for life long philisophical, moral, and political advice is corny rap music

What's the go, DD? I thought you were gonna drop the trash talk?

ok jock.. i mean brock.. lemme break this down once again. The whole "natural" arguement is fucken rediculuous.

Yeh, it's 'rediculuous' on the pro-gay side.

Homophobia though is intolerance for a people, their way of life, and not understanding their way of life. It is hatred built upon ignorance.

Is it just? That's funny.. if someone on bluelight is against gay marriages, you label them a homophobe.. inbetween sailor trash talk ;)

Almost every mammalian species... monkeys, penguins, humans, mallards, just to name a few, have been recorded for exhibiting homosexuality. Why could this be? Maybe because its natural. But nature holds a balance right.. ya know, to not disrupt the flow of what we like to call an "ecosystem". Got me so far? Good.

WHERE are you going with this? I did a thread called The Animal Kingdom, you might wanna check it out. Take note of the naturalistic fallacy too. I'm also sick of people applying human traits to animals.

Originally posted by Chaos Butterfly
Or are you just a moron mindlessly repeating the trash spewed out by religious groups?

Do you expect answers to your posts? Why don't you drop the trash talk?

CB, show me a gay gene. How is it people can be gay then switch over to the hetero side or vice versa?

BTW... I hold no animosity towards gay people as individuals. However, it saddens me when gay marriage gains merit in our courts and churches. The repercussions will not be pleasant.

Last edited:
comparing genetically modified fruit flies to human sexuality? apples to oranges

Now how can people be "bi" or "chose to be gay".. even if there is a gay gene? B/c some people do chose. And there's nothing wrong with that.

You're speaking out both sides of your head here. If it's genetics (as you claim), there is no choice. I can't wake up tomorrow morning and decide I want to change my skin or eye color (without the help of surgery).

Brock- your last paragraph just spoke every homophobe's fear. "Should everyone become gay".

I figured someone would take that the wrong way and cry homophobe which is why I retracted it. My point with that comment was implying the homosexual lifestyle, if adopted by all humans, would erase our species in 130 years. Does that seem very healthy to you?

Another thing, the term "tolerance" gets thrown around like a spear from gay groups.

Brock said:
CB, show me a gay gene. How is it people can be gay then switch over to the hetero side or vice versa?

BTW... I hold no animosity towards gay people as individuals. However, it saddens me when gay marriage gains merit in our courts and churches. The repercussions will not be pleasant.

Firstly, most people do not really switch as such, its more a coming to terms with how they really feel, which is what happens quite frequently to men who have done the whole marriage and kids thing and have always felt that there has been something wrong with the situation and then they 'switch.' Or the case of young women who experiment with other young women because its the 'in' thing to do at the moment.

My argument for genetics come solely from my own life and experiences. I did not choose to be attracted to men, however I am. I was raised with both parents in the home and did not want for love from either parent, in fact there is basically nothing societal about my sexuality. I had no choice in the matter, and if there is no choice what can I fall back on but science and genetics.

I have had sex with women, but everytime it just didn't feel right, and don't get me wrong, I love sex, but it just wasn't the same. In fact the last 2 times that I had sex with women both times I pretty much confirmed that it was men that did it for me and not women. The second of those times occured because it had been a while and hey I like sex...

I am glad that you hold no animosity towards gay people, but why are you so opposed to equal rights for gay people? Why shouldn't loving gay relationships be recognised as such and be able to have the same benefits that heterosexual couples gain?

Thats the real question here.

CB.

Is it possible to give this discussion a rest for now? The fact that anyone feels the need to argue about some of these topics in this particular manner, when it should be pretty obvious that such opinionated people with opposing views aren't going to agree either way like this... just doesn't do much to encourage an ideal forum environment for logical communication and debates.

Basically, I'm just letting you know that this is making the forum look bad, and I'm really dissapointed that people can't take a more open-minded approach in their discussions, no matter WHAT their opinions are. For the sake of logic, and to avoid circular arguments that go nowhere, please try to cut down on the rhetoric, personal attacks, etc. and start providing concrete facts and evidence, links, etc.

I know this doesn't apply to some of you, and many of you have given wonderful replies. I'm just asking some of you to use more common sense, and think twice before you submit what you're writing. If you're writing something specifically designed to anger a person with an opposing viewpoint, you aren't helping this discussion. Check your emotions at the door, and lets atleast deal with these issues in an intelligent manner.

Originally posted by DigitalDuality
And dimmo.. Just because you "do" a thread on something, doesn't make you "correct". But I do remember this being posted there:

Oh, but I am.. you certainly didn't respond to my first post - oh wait, you did... 'U're hatred isn't going to convince anyone Dimmo.'

Good contribution!

And as i recall correctly, you started the "Animal Kingdom" then 10 people replied, then you switched it over to a "God" arguement again.

Again, you're wrong. You'll note if you bother to actually read the posts rather than just reading mine, psychoblast cross-posted from one of my other religious threads.

And i will pickout Jesus from the rest of the Bible. I do not agree with what we believed in as the source for his morality, but i agree with his morality overall.

Yes but you wouldn't be a Christian as you previously stated, would you?

Just b/c you use dogma in order to derive at your morality, doesn't mean every one else needs to. Dimmo, i'd continue to argue this point with you, but you don't hate gays merely b/c your religion tells you to. Emotionally and traditionally.. you reflect your own bigotry..and use your religion as a mask to show them the "correct way because i love them".

I'm sick of reading your 'dribble'.

I've known you awhile and it sounds like you're the one who is intolerantly devoted to your prejudices.

Fact: I don't hate anyone - please stop trying to assume my position.
Fact: You're the self confessed homophobe.

You probably know many a Christian who hates.. just as many a atheist does.. and whatever else. You and I were speaking about a friend of yours awhile ago, who was told by a Christian not to study archeology because of their beliefs. I can tell you I've heard of (both Christian and others) not let anyone else into their house who isn't of the same faith. Not everyone follows their religion the way they're meant to!

Some muslims kill in the name of 'Allah'; yet that is going against their religion.
Some Christians in Rwanda have helped commit genocide.
Some members of the KKK were probably Christian!

I think in your lifetime you've had lots of bad run-ins with Christians; by the sounds of it your father especially. Not everyone follows their religion the way they're meant to. Look at Israel/Palestine. And you have the nerve to tell people what they feel/think. Unfortunately, this is a common DD tactic.

I cannot believe that you are all still discussing this.
If you have a problem with it GET OVER IT!!!! How is it going to affect you if a gay couple want to get married?

Does any homophobic person realise that people don't choose to be gay!!!
They can't help the way they were born.

Eveybody should be less worried about everyone elses business and mind there own.

We should all have the same rights as each other regardless of sex, sexual preference, skin color etc.....

Brock said:
you failed to post the 4th definition of natural:

Not acquired; inherent.
I'm confused. Surely this argument goes in DD's favour? It's widely accepted that truly "gay" people are born gay. I.e. gayness is inherent.

Also: around 10% of people are gay. That's a bloody big proportion for something that is "unnatural"! (I believe that's about the same as the proportion of people who are left-handed - now you wouldn't say that's unnatural would you...?)

Originally posted by LiquidEyes
Also: around 10% of people are gay.

Sources please! You show me yours and I'll show you mine ;)

To Brock

Being gay is as natural as can be. Having sexual attraction (and emotional) is a chemical reaction no matter which way you look at it...chemical reactions are natural. People just don't "rebel" and force themselves to be gay. There is no proof that gentics have anything to really do with it. People are born gay every day within straight families and those who are adopted. You don't learn to be gay. And those people that "switch back" they are called bisexual. Bi meaning 2, and in this case they are naturally attracted to both men and women, thus they can choose who they want to be in a realtionship with.

There are plenty of studies out there which show evidence of different brain patterns within the homosexual people. More and more studies are coming out each year to support that sexuality is something that's natural. I don't have any specific sources atm but when I have the time to dig them up I'll post them.

Oh and just a little side note...I'm gay, and I don't want to be. I would like nothing more than to be straight because I don't psychologically feel that I want to be gay, but physiologically I can't help it that I'm attracted to guys. I don't understand it as much as you but I have to embrace it because it's who I was born to be naturally. Both my parents are 100% straight...no one in my family is gay (that we know of at this point) so genetics have nothing to do with it.

And about the whole "stop comparing animals to humans" um ever heard of evolution? Apes have been shown to engage in homosexual activity and they are our suggested distant relatives. Animals and Humans are almost one in the same...we all function off of primal insticts, we have thoughts and make decisions. To suggest that humans and animals do not have a big connection is just plain stupidity at it's dumbest.

This whole natural arguement IS rediculous, and not b/c it's debunked by the pro-gay community, because it IS debunked by popular science and on-going studies.

Homosexuality is a matter of the spirit; for some that spirit rests on them at a young age, convincing them they are "born with it".

Homosexuality is a matter of the spirit; for some that spirit rests on them at a young age, convincing them they are "born with it".

Wow I'll add another person here at BL onto my "needs a reality check" list. Since you can't run out and find "sources" on that to support your claim then stop with the stupid arguement.

Hey Brock I pose an interesting question for you. What if your best friend in the entire world that you have known for a very long time and are so close to him your almost like family turned to you one day and admitted that he was living a lie and has been trying to deny the fact that he is gay....

What would you do?

Wow I'll add another person here at BL onto my "needs a reality check" list. Since you can't run out and find "sources" on that to support your claim then stop with the stupid arguement.

It's already proven it's not a gene and you can't disprove it's not a spirit.

What do you consider reality? What the world tells you? What you consider "reality" will decieve you.

personally i would define it not so much as a personal hatred but a sociological homophobia. Don't hate the people.. but oppress the group out of fear.

What kind of fear are you referring to? The fear I'm referring to is the aftermath of a society with such blantant disrespect for God. Blessing gay marriages will in no way, shape, or form make our country a better place to live. Go ahead and smirk and insult me now, but someday you will see what I'm talking about.