Votes: 1 6.7%
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • ⭐️⭐️

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ⭐️

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
i really hope Jorah Mormont cures his grayscale. he's one of my favorite characters. awesome redemption arc.
i need to go back and read a dance with dragons - i feel like the tyrion/jorah plot in the show was pretty different from the books, not least the whole [spoil]rhaenys[/spoil] story...

but, agreed, jorah mormont is an interesting character and the catalyst provided by his cousin - lyanna - in the last episode was also great.

alasdair

but it was proven that Jon Snow is R + L = J

Yeah, this was pretty much established as a part of the tv series this season. Lyanna spoke in unintelligible whispers, but the theory was pretty much confirmed as a part of the television series. (I don't think that warrants spoilers?)

This season was a lot of building up. Lots of revelations, lots of military mobilization, lots of setting the stage for the epicness of the next season.

...lots of setting the stage for the epicness of the next season.
yep - can't believe we have to wait until august next year for s7 :(

but, hopefully this interwebs rumour is true: "Though George R.R. Martin has not yet announced its official release date, "The Winds of Winter" is expected to hit shelves in January 2017"

fingers crossed.

alasdair

lol "friendzoned" Jorah. Pretty much.

I like Dany but something about her pisses me off. I think it's because she's been too lucky with all her bs while others have died for less. I like Tyrion. I want him to rule although I know he won't.

Just finished binging the whole thing again on HBOGO. It's worth it. So many things you miss and think "oh shit... I missed that!"

gotta wait another year. fuck! Book 6 is supposed to come out next year I think. So excite.

I like Dany but something about her pisses me off. I think it's because she's been too lucky with all her bs while others have died for less.
isn't that how destiny works? :)

alasdair

Lysis - totally agree on Dany. I never thought of her as lucky, just something about her whole entire Essos arc always at least bored me and at most confused me / pissed me off. in the realistic, rapey, Patriarchal medieval world of GoT, she comes off as a total OMG GIRL POWER type character. which still doesn't tick me off, it's just that she has spent so looooong over there in Essos conquering one slaver's city after another - and as soon as she leaves for the next city, the former city is either in chaos or reverting back to their slaving ways??

one of the best scenes last season was Dany & Co finally leaving Essos for Westeros - that's been like a decade in the making!!

there is a kewl theory going around that Dany will be a villain and is a dictator-in-the-making. that she will pretty much be Jon Snow's antagonist - Fire VS Ice

I was delighted to have the seen the hound again in the last season cause that caught me out like I thought he was finished till I was pleasantly surprised. His relationship with Arya was brillant. How they grew to respect and in some ways appreciate each other and learn about their respective backgrounds and what made them who they are. Jamie I'm hoping to come out good but that scene in the new trailer does not look good where hes charging across the fire wreck battlefield with nothing to lose face of rage and emotion.

First time in 2 seasons where I enjoyed the episode from begining to end. Probably because the westeros and winterfell stoylines were the only parts of the show I've liked for the past 2 seasons. I hated the Dorne plotline. Still lots of annoying b.s. most notably the overt feminism, but it appears for now that the series is on an upswing.

I liked it. Some scenes seemed weird and out of place but overall it was a great opening episode.

This season should be the great culmination and meeting point of storylines that the audience has been aware of since the beginning. Can't fucking wait.

i hated Euron Greyjoy's outfit and demeanor. he feels like a bad cross between a street magician and a pick-up artist.

i hated Euron Greyjoy's outfit and demeanor. he feels like a bad cross between a street magician and a pick-up artist.

I thought he's outfit was a bit dumb and silly but I thought how he acted and how the character was potrayed was pretty good. He got a haircut and looks really well with it. I like that lad.

The epsidoe was good but some lads at work really built it up. Good introductory to the new season and appreciate the hour length.

I thought they would have Bran in it more considering they arrived at the wall him and meera and then yea thats that.

The Night King has some heavy artillery now so must be tryin to balance considering one lot has aerial advantage.

I can't decide whether to watch this now, or wait for a few episodes to build up first for a nice binge...

I can't decide whether to watch this now, or wait for a few episodes to build up first for a nice binge...

I wanted to do this but I can't avoid spoilers entirely. Even if I don't see them online I will overhear it at work or somewhere else. :(

I wanted to do this but I can't avoid spoilers entirely. Even if I don't see them online I will overhear it at work or somewhere else. :(

A mate of mine before decided to talk about the red wedding in the books before the tv show caught up with it and we were among mates so I said first of all careful with all the lads cause our discussion would reveal spoilers and that so I tried my best to tip toe around it and did'nt the ass still fucking spill the beans thinking he was being smart and careful and gave way the end of Robb Stark and co at the twins. His fuckin stupidity to this day still amazes me. Like I warned him that we should not discuss it among the guys but he still had to. Unbelievable. Message being enjoy before some bastard ruins it for yea.

I seem to be able to selectively tune out stuff pretty well. Except something today about someone defending Ed Sheeran's cameo, which suggests he was shit lol.

Not sure if discussing him is really a spoiler, so don't read on if you don't want to hear about him yet. It's nothing really revealing/interesting though.

I seem to be able to selectively tune out stuff pretty well. Except something today about someone defending Ed Sheeran's cameo, which suggests he was shit lol.

It's not that he was particularly shit. His fairly limited appearance involved an otherwise decent character/acting... just if not for the fact that it was Ed Sheeran, who is a notably famous and current mainstream pop star in the uk, so it just seemed a bit cheesy/naff at best, and deliberate/contrived/antithetical at worst.

This is a dark fantasy series, and having basically a Westeros Ed Sheeran pretty much playing himself sort of momentarily shattered the immersion and played at breaking the fourth wall. To me its not really too different to having a cameo appearance from Peter Andre or Jedward or something.

I can just imagine the producers getting word from Ed Sheerans agent along the lines of "hey, Ed's a big fan of the show... we wondering if a part could be made available for him; he's got a lot of appeal and it would be great for the ratings", and then the producers kind of agree and think of a way to stick him in, as him.

Apart from that minor niggle, incredible episode. I get so swept up in the ridiculous epicness. Fantasy. <3