• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Gabapentin

When I stagger my dosage and take 300mg every 45 minutes, as little as 900mg can get me feeling quite nice. If you take a bunch at once, as is recommended by a lot of people earlier in this thread, the vast majority of it does not absorb.

Keep in mind I have been using phenibut, which also acts on the same system as gabapentin, for 14 years, including being addicted to it and taking it daily at times, and I can still get high from gabapentin at pretty low dosages. Taking NSAIDs, especially naproxen, beforehand also increases its absorption, as does taking it with a small fatty meal or snack. So the best absorption you can get is to eat a fatty meal, take some naproxen, and then take 300mg every 45 minutes until the desired results are achieved.

Is there any medication that one should NOT mix with Gabapentin?

I took some doxylamine (unisom) with the Gabapentin and it almost put me in a coma!
It was a BAD combo!

I could use some advise on do’s and do not‘s with Gabapentin.

My mind will not focus enough to read this thread right now, so a quick overview would really help me out.

Thanks guys!

Is there any medication that one should NOT mix with Gabapentin?

I took some doxylamine (unisom) with the Gabapentin and it almost put me in a coma!
It was a BAD combo!

I could use some advise on do’s and do not‘s with Gabapentin.

My mind will not focus enough to read this thread right now, so a quick overview would really help me out.

Thanks guys!
drinking 1or 2 drinks is ok as long as your not drinking a lot I've had a fuew and got fucked up a lot quicker , even if i have a couple i can feel the couple drinks a lot more with the gaba, mixing most outher drugs i haven't had many problems with

Yeah alcohol becomes stronger and more easily amnesic, I like the combo but you have to be careful. I hear paradoical reports about opiates, some say it blocks the effects of opiates and some say it potentiates opiates.

Th
obtain online? is it legal?

Honestly though its not what i expected its like Light versions of Coke, Benzos, Opiates and alcohol mixed together without being actually high.

EDIT: Amazing for jam sessions... pre-concert (whether u are playing or watching) lots of energy but feel good and slightly tipsy/dizzy but not in a bad way or intoxicated way... light opiate buzz... the confidence and act on impulse of coke but still with the relaxation of Benzos...
this by far the most accurate description of gabapentin I've ever read. Right now I'm off like 5000 mg yet barley feel it

Th

this by far the most accurate description of gabapentin I've ever read. Right now I'm off like 5000 mg yet barley feel it

Really? I have been taking Gabapentin for a month and worked my way up to 1800 mg (3 600mg pills) a day and I just want off this stuff.

You were able to just cold turkey it or what?

Yeah alcohol becomes stronger and more easily amnesic, I like the combo but you have to be careful. I hear paradoical reports about opiates, some say it blocks the effects of opiates and some say it potentiates opiates.

I say it blocks the effects from opiates and I cannot have that!

I don’t like the Gabapentin for everyday use.
I am going to keep some around for every once in a while but using it daily- it has lost what little magic it had.

Really? I have been taking Gabapentin for a month and worked my way up to 1800 mg (3 600mg pills) a day and I just want off this stuff.

You were able to just cold turkey it or what?

There is one thing to be aware of, if you're taking it daily you develop sort of a tolerance that will block you from getting high. One thing I do I won't take it for 3 or 4 days at least. Then when I do it has more of an effect. I started doing this after spending a week on it, I cold turkey, and I had withdrawal effects. They weren't as severe as when my husband gets them, his prescription is basically the max three times a day, but they were still bad enough that I was miserable. If I only take it for a day or two and then do my 3 days minimum without, I have no withdrawals and I get more of an effect.

There is one thing to be aware of, if you're taking it daily you develop sort of a tolerance that will block you from getting high. One thing I do I won't take it for 3 or 4 days at least. Then when I do it has more of an effect. I started doing this after spending a week on it, I cold turkey, and I had withdrawal effects. They weren't as severe as when my husband gets them, his prescription is basically the max three times a day, but they were still bad enough that I was miserable. If I only take it for a day or two and then do my 3 days minimum without, I have no withdrawals and I get more of an effect.

Thank you.
I am going to go without it today and see how I feel.

Gabapentin sure does block me from feeling my opiates.
It does help for some issues I have but tolerance to Gabapentin grew way fast!
I am going to try what you are doing and then just keep some around for bad days/ nights.

Thank you.

I am going to try what you are doing and then just keep some around for bad days/ nights.
It does the same for me@Painful One. I have 800 mg tabs. I can't feel my trams at all any more. I was wondering what had happened to me. Now I know. Thanks.

Thank you.

Definitely worth a try. I eventually got used to alternating, so it's not bad for me. My husband will alternate between his pain killers and gaba also, keeps both tolerances lower so they work better for his pain, he alternates faster though maybe every 2 days, and we do detox tea for him between switches to expedite the process. Usually I have him take a benzo if the oxy withrawal starts too fast, then get him going on the gabas.

I take like 4000mg with no tolerance (not dicksizing, since some people take more, just don't want him to end up disappointed). Some people need more, and I think 4000mg is the cap you're not supposed to go above, but some people said it's near impossible to OD on gabapentin.
I’ve taken twice that 7x 600mg Gabapentin and another 6 after 45 minutes, I’ll try n post if any results, I did notice in the passed when I only took 6-7-8 the next day I feel really odd, I talk too much I talk out loud with nobody around and by myself, the weirdest part is I feel out of body... like my head is not my normal head, the way if I could better describe it would be like my heads been pulled an inch out of its mortal placement, heavier little slower, less inhibition and it seems to make me dizzy like my equilibrium is a bit off. After this stupid monster dose runs it’s course, I’ll update

If you're taking that much at once, the vast majority of it is not absorbing and is just coming out when you shit. You can only absorb about 300-600mg every 30-45 minutes through your gut. If you took that same dose but spread out at 300mg every 30 minutes it would get you WAY higher.

Gabapentin does = provide a mild, lucid high, similar to post I have read (coke/xanax/opiate) similarities and does give a euphoric feeling.

Nothing crazy, but feels good, relaxed, and like others have stated quite quick witted, freeness, and just overall willing to chat it up with anyone with such ease. Very smooth.
Not a daily attainable goal, but once a week I’d think 🤔 could work. (I’ll confirm if 300/hr1 + 300/hr2 will work and so on, from there.

I’m just in a super relaxed 😌 state and good mood at the moment.
(This with only the first 300mg)

06/13/2020 6:40PM and it’s now 7:42PM
Saturday evening.

Gabapentin does = provide a mild, lucid high, similar to post I have read (coke/xanax/opiate) similarities and does give a euphoric feeling.

Nothing crazy, but feels good, relaxed, and like others have stated quite quick witted, freeness, and just overall willing to chat it up with anyone with such ease. Very smooth.
Not a daily attainable goal, but once a week I’d think 🤔 could work. (I’ll confirm if 300/hr1 + 300/hr2 will work and so on, from there.

Saturday evening.

I don’t know what these individuals are talking a about once exceeding 900-1200mg ..., like these individuals talking about taking 4000mg (??!!??) I don’t see the sense in that since the body cannot absorb that amount before excreting it out through urinating. (Perhaps I have a lack of knowledge on this substance, yet I am certainly experienced on everything else, you know the real stuff.) (Dope, I know !!! Products, prices, sales and operations). Nuff said.

If you're taking that much at once, the vast majority of it is not absorbing and is just coming out when you shit. You can only absorb about 300-600mg every 30-45 minutes through your gut. If you took that same dose but spread out at 300mg every 30 minutes it would get you WAY higher.

I am going to try this out tomorrow. I am maxed out on my doses, prescribed 1200mg TID. My script does not last me the month and I have to get more from someone I have a monthly deal with. I also ordered some Phenibut which will be here early this week. I have never experimented with combining the two and am looking forward to it.

It is funny. There are people I know who I know who are in to all different things - Cannabis, Psychedelics, Opioids, Speed... all I care about at this time are Gabanergics.... and Psychedelics to a lesser degree. I am going to take a tolerance break from the Gabapentin and start tripping more often... for my mental health.

I took 15g today and am feeling well, but not where I should be with such a high dose.

Last edited:
Only have experience with the related pregabalin, they appear to have similar effects just pre to be more potent, expensive and better absorbed.

I too like the acute so-called intoxication of 600-1200mg depending on tolerance, lesser is just weirdly sedating - seems the stimulatory effects require higher doses and theres heavy and long lasting tachyphylaxis. Never tried to max it out so dunno if you could trip again after just 3-4 days, I mean to remember that it took longer but unsure.
Primarily I took it medically as an anxiolytic which partially worked yet less effective and qualitatively different than alpra/lorazepam. At the cost of feeling cognitively/emoruonally somehow limited. After some time I wanted to get off it, and this was pretty easy, just tapered down from. 600mg/d to 0 over 3 weeks.

Seems to be a good aid for quitting benzodiazepines too, and they potentiate each other, BZDs and the gabapentinoids.

Saturday evening.

Oh Yeah 300mg every 2hr for 6 hrs = 900mg and than kick in a Xanax double bar at the end of the evening and whoa 😳 🤩😌 what a day and a relaxing wind down, (actually could take a smaller dose of your Xanax because it’s been amplified and boosted (!!!). )