• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Gabapentin

I've never done opiates, so I don't really know how to guesstimate this... but is the euphoria one gets from the gabapentin/pregabalin + opiates anything like the euphoria from MDMA or is it completely different? If it's different, is there any possibility you could try to explain how it feels? (I know that last question is a super hard one to answer...)

No, the high from opiates is NOTHING like MDMA, if you take opiates expecting it do be like MDMA or any other amphetamine drugs you will be disappointed. Opiates provide pure, and what I believe to be, true euphoria. Its a different high, that's an understatement. They can also be an acquired taste so you may need to try them more than once to catch the true feeling of an opiate. Pregabalin can feel somewhat similar to MDMA. Sort of like MDMA without the stimulation and pure euphoria.

Dude, I had been sober 6 days shy of 5 months, and I smoked a shit ton of chron last night and was tripping my fucking balls off. It was awesome.

Today I've taken 1.05g of pregabalin thus far + 2.4g gabapentin. I'm feeling pretty good, and a little dumb. But I'm still feeling the weed from 12 hours ago! I got stoned as hell. Lyrica feels damn good, man. Damn good. Wonderful mood.

Lyrica seems to prolong the effects of the other drugs that you take. For instance, the effects of opiates last longer when you combine the two. So do benzodiazepines. I don't really know about stimulants. My Adderall XR still lasts 8 hours whether I'm on the Lyrica or not. But marijuana, depressants & opiates have prolonged & enhanced effects when combined. Good stuff. Pretty expensive though. I know someone who was selling his 300mg capsules at $8 each

Now I am using neurontin to feel good with (get high)....sometimes it works well, really well...sometimes not......I could take 800 mg one day and feel so eurphoric and one day take 3000 and feel stupid...of course ive tried any and all combonation upside down and backward...
with soda..without soda..empty stomach/full stomach..

does anyone know how to use this and get the best out of it....some comments here make me wonder if any chemists are on board cuz i would love some help...I have much more i could say of N but post is too long but would love this topic to not fade away too fast...thanks

Yea, I think this drug is a nice suprise to anyone who tries it. For my first time I'd come across a box of 100 600 mgs (i.e. stole them from a pensioner who had a shitload they weren't using anymore and were expirering soon). Took five of them, after a few hours felt a pleasent euphoria and had to lie down on the coach, then in not too long fell asleep for 5 hours or so (seems to be a feature of high dose gabapentin). Tried it again the next day but got next to no effects so concluded it was something that only worked the first time (guess I was expecting it to work like opiates).

Same thing happened with Lyrica, wasted loads of pills feeling no effects trying to make it work, then accidentally discovered you NEED TO LEAVE SOME DAYS IN BETWEEN (at least one day for Lyrica and two for Gabapentin), at least for the most of us, when I tried it again after a week's break. I would take ten at a time (300 and 600 mgs) trying to make it work. Remember the first time I got Gabapentin to work again, got up early and took 6000 mgs, didn't expect anything, forgot about it, then in 4 hours it hit me like BAM! and I was incredibly stoned. Never been that out of my head on it, maybe 1-2 times, and unluckily for me my landlord had to come for some stuff and I was unable to string sentences together or even come out with the words I was trying to say. Total cognitive impairment, and was swiftly kicked out of that apartment, but had a great time.

Then used it recreationally every 3 days for 3 months or so, after learning it takes two days in between to really work. I would take 10 600 mgs then top up the dose with maybe five more so I could feel it hit again when the first started to decline, it's not really as long-lasting as Lyrica. This was great, but tolerance steadily grew and at the end of it I could barely feel the effects. And now I've been regularly using Lyrica I can't get high on it anymore. The only use I have for it is to potentiate opiates, as an anti-depressants taken every other day, or for detoxing/maintaining when I'm addicted to Lyrica, which it is very effective for.

So, yes, it can be abused, when spaced out. I think doctors count on that you won't find out it's abusable, by starting you out on a low dose and making you take it every day, and most probably won't. I have read in medical journals they have little potential for abuse because recreational effects of both stop after a few days. Shows how much they know, but it's more for those who like to experiment with their medication, I guess, and most they'd be prescribed to still have no idea. So counting on most people's ignorance they're not abusable.

This shouldn't last long, though the name Neurontin just isn't catchy enough, I think, and Lyrica just doesn't sound like a drug (Valium rules there, though does nothing for me personally).

Last edited:
I don't find gabapentin addictive at all, since it doesn't make me high, which is why i like it so much for my anxiety

Pregabalin is like a different creature tho. It feels like a narcotic, whereas gabapentin is quite subtle, like a nootropic

This is completely dose-dependent, as well as dependent on tolerance - see my report below.

A FIRST TIME user of Gabapentin who had never tried Pregabalin could certainly get high on it on a 3000-6000 mg dose (which I personally needed to get what I would call a high), and if they made sure to space their doses out a few days in between instead of taking every day. As many don't follow this route they might never discover the real potential of Gabapentin. And although the Lyrica high is certainly better and stronger at equal tolerance, you will be much higher your first few times on high-dose Gabapentin than you can get from Lyrica once tolerance over extended time has set in, no matter what dose. When real tolerance to the effects of Lyrica has set in 3000 mgs would be a good dose, but really expensive.

I think both can work as a kind of nootropic at lower doses. Mainly, they have an anti-depressant and stimulant effect without really getting you high, which can be very valuable for some, and they help you sleep. I don't really need to take any sleeping medication after a day of Lyrica. Low-dose Gabapentin I need to combine with Seroquel, while large enough doses can put me to sleep on their own. I find them to be far more valuable to help you sleep than anything from the benzo or z-drug family. On these, you'll have to wait to fall asleep more naturally, and can wake up before you've had enough sleep. L/G are just stronger Gaba drugs and FORCES you to fall asleep. If you don't want to go to sleep you literally have to fight it. So they are more effective.

after reading alot(and experimenting) I understand the divergent nature of people's opinion on this particular substance.

It can be euphoric, or just plain blase. It has to do with dose and combinations mainly.
By itself, a rather high dosage is needed to feel anything really, though lower doses are good to combine with benzos etc.

weed does go rather well with this--and probably is the only thing that has brought it close to helping me understand the comparisons to mdma. It brings you from a near baseline, slightly off feeling to one that would accompany a very low dose of mdma, but without jaw clenching, stimulation or euphoria really (minus what weed would bring you already).

alcohol can be interesting in combination. the general consensus is that alcohol should be avoided when taking gbp--I have mixed feelings about this. In low doses of each, it's rather nice. However, the other evening after dosing gbp during the day (1200mg around noon) drinking 12 hours later really wasn't a great idea. I didn't notice anything different, till i awoke the next day to find the kitchen trashed in some sort of weird "step-brothers-esqe" sleepwalking incident. It appeared as if i had started to prepare about 12 different items, to cook or to bake--and then opened two boxes of cheerios to put into the toaster oven. I found some basil in the fridge nearly a week later. Don't remember any of it. I'm usually neat when i cook, even at blackout point. And this:http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/...in-Alcohol-...)-Experienced-Heavy-Metal-Salad.

i don't think i'll take any more by itself or in combination with anything as i don't find it very worthwhile--I will save it for any sort of withdrawal symptoms i may encounter in the future as that has been pretty universally verified as effective.

I slugged some Niquil, took 2000mg of GABAPENTIN first then after 1 hour a Roxy (30mg =of oxycodone).

Feel good, enjoying my puppy and doing dumb ass chores. Really hard to focus my eyes on anything. Double vision & trippy effects are amusing.....

It basically fells like drunk opiate ride...... not sure if adds to the opiate in a positive way but its definaltey different. Certainly a stay at home combo .... loopy doopy dooo

how much nyquil did you take? nyquil contains APAP, DXM, and doxylamine succinate. apap and doxy are drugs that you do not want to abuse. if you took the recommended dose than yah whatever, but chugging nyquil is a big no-no.

how much nyquil did you take? nyquil contains APAP, DXM, and doxylamine succinate. apap and doxy are drugs that you do not want to abuse. if you took the recommended dose than yah whatever, but chugging nyquil is a big no-no.

i was not aware that nyquil contained doxy, i thought it was just a dxm product people used for robo-tripping; the formula with doxy would knock someone out way before a trip could start, that stuff is definitely a potent sedative, and not a good idea to combine with gabapentin at high doses

^ yeah, and you don't want to be swigging something containing APAP either..

This is an old thread and doesn't really fit with the way we try to run BDD now (take a look at the "state of BDD" sticky at the top of the forum) so I'm going to close it. If anyone has a specific question relating to gabapentin, or Nyquil, or anything then please feel free to start your own thread. PM me if you have any questions :)

Closed.

Thanks for closing this one effie, there is a decent amount of information in this thread so I am going to shove it in the archive rather than let it die.

im prescribed 1800 mg daily i take it with 2 mg klonopin and sublocade its amazing ~!!! lol plus some weed im good to go~!!!!!!!!! yes yea i know lyrica so much better bu i must do with gaba

I take like 4000mg with no tolerance (not dicksizing, since some people take more, just don't want him to end up disappointed). Some people need more, and I think 4000mg is the cap you're not supposed to go above, but some people said it's near impossible to OD on gabapentin.
Holy shit. 4000 is too high for someone taking a gabapentinoid for the first time even if it's gabapentin I consider myself tolerant, i won't tell you what doses i can take of gabapentinoids but, when i started, 1200-2000, that was WELL more than enough. these days of pentin, that wouldn't do too much if anything however, anything is better than nothing right? 4,000 is not the cap, it's only supposedly 'near impossible' to OD because of how subtle it is, but you take **,**** and throw **** pregab ontop, tell me that you enjoyed it without a tolerance, you'd either black out or end up sliding like a snail on the floor wherever you've gotta go, i took the liberty of censoring my doses because this post as i skimmed through was just plainly absurd, you can keep getting more and more and more tolerant to this stuff, and it's not to be taken lightly, it is a real drug, while it isn't nearly as bad as anything else, it can carry some addictive potential, or rather 'habitual potential' due to the very nature of how it works.

Beware of taking more and more doses of any gabapentinoids, tolerance grows FAST with them, you will regret it. Nontheless they are an amazing alternative to benzos. only start with 600-1200 and go from there.. you can always take mroe but never less.

Stay safe
~Zonxx

Hey, i'll be honest, i haven't read most of this thread... but i feel the need to mention, in case it hasn't been yet, that bioavailability of gabapebtin is not so straight forward. The more you take, the smaller percentage of the drug is absorbed. So the net effect is that if you take it incrementially; like 300-600mgs every half hour til you reach your full dose, you will absorb exponentially more. In addition, naproxen increases absorbsion, as does food in the stomach, the latter by virtue of the slowed absorbsion acting, in essesnce, like an incremential dosing schedule.

Gabbies are amongst the few drugs that really allows me to feel like myself. please don't go mixing them with opiates and OD'ing, because it's extremely easy to do, cuz i need it, for both mood and neuropathic pain, so please stop blowing my shit up. thanks

oh, and also remember, it takes 2 full hours for it to kick in, and it's even less predictable when you dose incrementially as mentioned. so take this into account. cheers

I have a monthly Rx, i was taking it every day for a year, and I stoped feeling good off them so I weaned myself off, now I take them 2-3 times a week johnies R a good drug when used right...

I was taking 2000mg. per day for neuropathy. Ir was a miracle drug for me for many years for my nerve pain. It recently stopped working and I asked to be put on Lyrica.
Never got high from the Gaba, but this Lyrica is def. a fun and effective drug right now. Safe journey

Sorry to say b
There really is no euphoric high from gabapentin... Im stuck in retard slow mo since 5:40 this evening. It feels cool to be outside of myself for a while, but i am an opiate fiend and this cant compare.

anyone know of a dosage that CAN give an opiate-like high?

fuck this shit makes me dizzy

Sorry to say but you will not get an opiate high from Gaba at any dose

I just got a lyrica script for neuropathy from a car accident. I'm looking forward to the switch from gabapentin, but my doctor doesn't seem to be able to figure out and give me a relevant dose to take over for the tolerance i already have. I'm prescribed 600mg x 3/day of gabapentin. I usually take between 3600mg - 7+g until i run out, then i take roughly 2 - 3g of phenibut... but now after 7 months of daily use, i'm noticing memory problems and not getting the effect i'm looking for. so i think i'm going to find some baclofen and do a quick taper and clean out a bit so any of these drugs can get thier magic back, cuz to me they are magical. Maybe i'll just collect the lyrica for now so i have a stash, and try to get my doc to increase my dose, which he said he will... guess we'll see