• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids Gabapentin Megathread

i'll merge this into the lyrica mega threadand neurontin thread since it's resolved. thanks vaya:)

totally given up on this drug for theraputic value. i may try for some rec potential but im not optimisitic.

totally given up on this drug for theraputic value. i may try for some rec potential but im not optimisitic.

Optimism and gabapentin don't mix well, my friend ;)

...at least as far as recreation goes. It's still a novel neuropathic neuralgia medication.
I think I was able to achieve recreational effects from it less than six times. Then the idea of ingesting over two grams of powdered pharmaceutical got to me, and I had no choice but to quit while I was ahead...

~ vaya

Neurontin does shit for me. I have been on a dose of 600mg x2 a day and it wasn't working so they lowered my dose to 200mg x2 a day which did EVEN less. I am in severe pain ALL the time. Like literally. It sucks, and I think that's why it doesn't work. Opiod pain killers barely help. The only thing that's ever helped me was IV hydromorphine.

yeah, from the study vaya cited it seems that gp is a totally dif drug from pg. lack of cross tolerance backs this up. as far as effects you can tell they are dif drugs as well. with the creation of lyrica i feel like a LOT of progress was made. i thought it was just an evergreened tweaked gp but it really is not.

does anyone notice a lot of gas with this stuff?

I notice a lot of gas (I'm assuming you mean methane released from the anus ;) ) with pregabalin; I haven't been on gabapentin for four years now so I can't remember that clearly whether or not it produced the same effect, but it probably did.

~ vaya

yeah, what the fuck is it with this stuff? i seriously feel like my butthole is looser or something. it just slips out, i feel like an old man losing control of my sphincter muscles. its kinda wet too. i think you are right, it may be more with pg.

does anyone notice a lot of gas with this stuff?

Oh yes loads of gas, they just slip out, fart fart fart fart as you walk down the street.
I was perscribed 2700mg a day to help reduce muscle spasms, did nothing for me apart from gas and making me feel slightly altered. Mixed it with benzos and alcohol once and pissed myself:!
Is there any good combos with gabapentin cos I have about 60g of the stuff left over.
Would it help with benzo withdrawal?

Sometimes I get something far worse than "bad gas" on gabapentin. It'll turn into straight up liquid diarrhea, and whole lots of it. It's like I'm pissing out of my ass. This, mixed with what homeydontplaythat states, is really no fun. There have been times where I haven't been able to leave the bathroom for about an hour after taking a larger amount of gabapentin.

damn dude. the slippy wet gas happens with lyrica now that i think about it. neurontin doesnt really do anything to me.

is there anyway to get an effect from this stuff besides taking a break from it for a few days? no matter how much or little i take i cant feel jack from it. the first day i took it i felt good for an hr. light a lyrica buzz without the energy. i cant see much theraputic potential for this, nevermind rec potential.

So whats the consensus on gabapentin for opioid withdrawal, specifically suboxone? My doctor said its supposed to help get rid of up to 50% of the withdrawal you are feeling, however i am a bit skeptical..

i am totally frustrated with this drug. i have gotten an effect from it twice, for like 1 hr each time. the first 2 days i tried it. i have tried taking several days off and staggering....nothing. i dont understand how this is used for treating anything. maybe it is just that i have been spoiled by lyrica.

i would assume 1g is 300mg of lyrica, but even with staggering with small bits of food 1 hr apart it did nothing but give a slight mood lift. 300mg of lyrica would have me feeling NICE and smiling and talking to everyone like it was the best day of my life. i suppose this is the future of pharmaceuticals....these are not even drugs that work directly on neurotransmitters but rather indirectly.

I think this is basically true in a sense. It is very mild to not noticable. Lyrica is much better but still very mild.

It does potentiate most other drugs. I find that if you only use it once in a while, as mentioned, and if you load (read very high doses) I find you can get a strange sort of high that lasts for quite a while. Tolerance builds very quickly (one use for me). Lyrica is better. Makes me have these strange walk into walls staggering gait.

To each their own but I wouldn't spend a lot of money on this stuff or one is likely to be disappointed IMO.

I myself spend an extreme amount of money on this each week .then again i would rather have it more than anything else the energy level is a major thing and i actually get things acomplished.then again the amounts i take most people believe is impossible .this is after eleven years though

im thankful for neurontin as i feel it is the basis on which lyrica was developed but i dont see much value at all in the drug. ive only gotten an effect out of it once for 1 hr the first time i took it. ive tried staggering, taking with/out food, dif doses, and it does jack shit. lyrica on the otherhand always provides wonderful antidepressant and anxiolytic effects with just 150mg.

For long term use many, myself included, prefer the effects of gabapentin. It is more subtle (none of the drunken confidence/energy/dizziness of pregabalin) but it seems to have a broader more consistent scope. Lyrica feels great for the first few weeks or months but then it runs itself out, and has such severe rebound anxiety and withdrawals. Gabapentin is much more forgiving, doesnt rape you as much, and has more consistent and well rounded results. When lyrica came out I thought it was great but it drove me into a hole over the course of a few months. I have gone back on it several times over the past few years but I usually return to Gabapentin because I can actually manage it(usually ;D). I dont have the "take more, take more!" burning with it that I do with pregabalin, probably because the reward isnt there and its effects are so subtle. 800mg x 3 of gabapentin does me quite fine now :D but, once again, YMMV :D

hmm, i agree that it has a more calm less energizing effect, but i have only gotten that effect once for 1 hr! i cant seem to get it to "work."