• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Florida governor signs welfare drug-screen measure

Love in Vein - I am not too familiar with the pay down application process that you are involved with, (or for that matter committing fraud as part of that process) but if you have medicaid as part of welfare or are eligible for it under Social Security without a paydown situation, your doctors bills, hosptital costs and prescriptions are covered, at least in the state I currently live in. I realize as Congress continues to try to "balance the budget" on the backs of the poor that may change.

I believe I also went on to say that those who worked or had savings accounts, but still could not afford insurance, did not have assistance available to them as your story illustrates, so I'm not quite sure I get the "tone" of your response to me.

When you're on probation, they do a preliminary test. If it test positive, which is possible in the cases you're giving, it's given a second test. And in the confirmation test, there is simply no way. It will detect ONLY specific metabolites.

I used to work for Qwest Diagnostics. Believe me, you can dupe a test, but you can't dupe a positive when they do a secondary test.

If they did not test the sample twice (which has it's ups as well, as most drug metabolites are undetectable after a certain amount of days) the lawyer could have a field day and demand some other type of test if the parole/probation officer tried to violate the person in question.

However, that could be bad, because the lawyer could demand some other form of test. Now, if the parole/probation officer is not that intelligent or on a budget, they could do a saliva or sweat test, which would be clean by now. Or they could do a hair test, in which case the person is definitely going to be violated if they had used within X amount of days.

But the probation/parole officer and judge also have a lot of discretion in many cases and aren't necessarily obliged to correct anything.

As well, if it's a first violation, generally the penalty will PROBABLY be minimal.. The justice system just doesn't have enough money to lock everyone up for a minor violation.

Either way, I'm sill betting that the guy is a liar.

And he really needs to consult a lawyer rather than having his girlfriend ask us on BL like it's going to do anything. What, is the person in question going to show their parole/probation officer "oh, look at these post on BlueLight.org, it could be this, this or that!"

So on top of the new costs of giving a basic drug test to everyone on welfare, Florida's taxpayers will also have to foot the bill for the much more expensive gas chromatography test for people who have tested positive - which seems like it would be costing us a LOT more than welfare recipients who do drugs. How ironic would it be if we ended up spending more tax money to "save my hard earned dollars from druggies." 8)

And if you actually read what I said, I wasn't asking if my boyfriend would be ok, I was talking about an incident that happened with my ex boyfriend half a year ago.

=PendulumAM;9731379]So on top of the new costs of giving a basic drug test to everyone on welfare, Florida's taxpayers will also have to foot the bill for the much more expensive gas chromatography test for people who have tested positive - which seems like it would be costing us a LOT more than welfare recipients who do drugs. How ironic would it be if we ended up spending more tax money to "save my hard earned dollars from druggies." 8)[/quote\

I don't believe they are going to go that far for people on housing who don't demand it or challenge it with a lawyer.

Last edited:
Love in Vein - I am not too familiar with the pay down application process that you are involved with, (or for that matter committing fraud as part of that process)

You're actually told to do these things by the people the state refers you to in my state.

And yes, I know it's beyond ridiculous.

Basically, I had to sell all of my physical assets for $1 and then have them resold to me at the same price.

However, I was still required to pay taxes like my car was worth more than a dollar, et cetera.

And the doctors given to me at the hospital are all crooks as well. They want to preform tests on you monthly to "monitor your improvement". Bullshit. They just want to send bills to the government after your mild co-pay.

I also thought it was quite ironic that all of the same doctors that treated me at the hospital were actually moonlighting there and had their own practices, which were the very same ones I was referred to.

I am all for universal coverage. But the entire system needs to be revamped, it's as corrupt as Wall Street or the "Justice System".

but if you have medicaid as part of welfare or are eligible for it under Social Security

God, I wish that was the case in my state. I mean, it's not a lot, but when you're having to subside off of roughly $1000 a month, even $30 a prescription is somewhat costly.

I believe I also went on to say that those who worked or had savings accounts, but still could not afford insurance, did not have assistance available to them as your story illustrates, so I'm not quite sure I get the "tone" of your response to me.

I don't know.

You're actually told to do these things by the people the state refers you to in my state.

And yes, I know it's beyond ridiculous.

Basically, I had to sell all of my physical assets for $1 and then have them resold to me at the same price.

However, I was still required to pay taxes like my car was worth more than a dollar, et cetera.

The whole thing sounds like a nightmare.

And the doctors given to me at the hospital are all crooks as well. They want to preform tests on you monthly to "monitor your improvement". Bullshit. They just want to send bills to the government after your mild co-pay.

I also thought it was quite ironic that all of the same doctors that treated me at the hospital were actually moonlighting there and had their own practices, which were the very same ones I was referred to.

There was a huge scandal in NYC recently where this doctor scammed the system for over $700,000 dollars. He sent people to literally recruit patients off the street, diagnosed them with HIVAIDS, which they did not have and charged them for a series of visits which never happened. The patients were prescribed medications which they in turn filled and sold on the street for cash.

http://online.wsj.com/article/APaec93edf37e04ec79465c0500ccb5918.html

I am all for universal coverage. But the entire system needs to be revamped, it's as corrupt as Wall Street or the "Justice System".

I think nothing matches the corruption and greed of Wall Street and it's government buddies, but you're right - something needs to be done.

God, I wish that was the case in my state. I mean, it's not a lot, but when you're having to subside off of roughly $1000 a month, even $30 a prescription is somewhat costly.

It's possible I don't have every last detail exactly right but that's my understanding; at any rate different rules apply to seniors than younger people.

If you don't have the copayment, can you actually be refused the meds you need?

I don't know

Don't mind me - I was insomniac last night and a little touchy. I find your posts intelligent and interesting.[/QUOTE]

Peace out!