• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

First Drug Ever Tried?

What was the first recreational drug you tried?

• Total voters
Not counting caffeine, alcohol, and other substances of the like..

The first drug I ever tried would have been LSD when I was 15. Before ever smoking weed.

Codeine, lol I used to steal my parents' T's when I was like 11. :/

can tell I liked opiates from the get go haha

~Verri

First drug I ever done was ecstasy with my girlfriends older sister, and damn that was a good time.

If you're counting everything, legal and illegal, then Caffeine of course. If you're just counting illegal stuff then Cannabis, and if you're not counting the obvious choices for 80% of people (i.e. Caffeine, Alcohol, Tobacco, Cannabis) then Ketamine.

Alcohol (14)
Nicotine (15)
Weed (16)
And if we're not counting those for whatever reason:
MDMA (16)

yeah if you're not counting weed/alcohol/cigs...

the next would be benzos, clonazepam that i found from my mom, and alprazolam that i was prescribed later. next thing would be paregoric. man i remember i suspected you could get high off that shit so i went bought two bottles and downed them, hoping not to puke. shit i was already high, so i just laid down with a big grin on my face, very sedated, and loved it. i couldnt stop thinkin 'feels good man'.

next illegal one was cocaine though... that was a crazy day man, i was popping alprazolam since i had woken up and after class i decided it was a good idea to do coke so i went and bought like half gram of it. i snorted half of it between a joint and a couple more mg's of alprazolam... a bit more into the afternoon i blacked out. apparently i even went out with a friend and had dinner with my parents later, but enough stories i guess

hydrocodone when i was 12. i was a pretty resourceful kid and used erowid to make sure i was doing it 'safely' (although i didn't comprehend that 12 year old shouldn't take adult recreational drug dosage advice). it was pretty chill but to this day i am not huge on opiates, although i love alcohol and benzos.

13 was adderall, me and my friends were little speedfreaks.

i started smoking weed at 14 -- or in other words, as soon as i got a cannabis connect. definitely impacted my life in a negative way, mostly via social and academic apathy. bu i was still all about that.

17 i dropped my first tabs of lucy. i'd say, in a werid way, that was my real gateway drug because then i wanted to try it all. in the next year i really did do as many different drugs as possible.

now i like 4-fa and alcohol.

Before weed and booze I recreationally used, in order: methylphenidate, hydrocodone, amphetamine, 2ci, shrooms, LSD
I have asthma so I was afraid to smoke anything, but then I got over it.
I wasn't a huge fan of downers so I didn't try booze until later.

I know we have this thread somewhere.....

@thread: Alcohol (if you count it)
@thread: Oxycontin (if you dont)

OP: I highly doubt you got PCP laced cannabis. You'd know immediatly as that smell and taste is so awful, you'd know it wasnt "just weed". Unless this was something you yourself laced, Id highly doubt it was laced to begin with, but rather it was "ghetto weed".

I thought the taste of weed was god awful when I first tried it. I'm not a smoker and hadn't smoked anything in 20 years, when I hit the pipe it taste like I just licked a dirty ashtray. It took a few bowls for me to acquire a taste for it.

Alcohol when I was 12 or 13, tobacco a couple years later

a lot of years of sobriety

I turn 35- Weed then benzos, hydrocodone, oxycodone, kratom, kava, pregabalin, DXM (mostly for potentiation) and lastly methamphetamine. It's been one hell of a last four years. :\

Nitrous oxide. I refused to try weed because I was worried about ruining my voice (I was a singer) but after doing nitrous 3 times within the span of a week, I was obsessed and wanted to try weed. My friends that I did the nitrous with were smokers so it was easy to go from there.

Either Codeine or Hydrocodone. I can't remember which was first because I started stealing them around the same time in middle school. Then 7th grade came with the marijuana, alcohol, tobacco, and inhalants. 9th grade shrooms, acid, prescription amphetamines, and DXM came into the picture. For most of 10th grade I strangely sober for some reason and was a normal kid for a while but at the end of 10th grade that "urge" came back to get high and to this day (11 years later) its never gone away.

dextromethorphan hydrobromide

Edit: unless you count some overuse of hydrocodone postoperatively, I didn't need it yet I took it repeatedly until it was gone. Didn't really know why or even think it was OK to do, but I do still recall for the first time in my life being absolutely satisfied with nothing but music.

Edit2: Technically alcohol before DXM but I didn't really know anything about it and only a couple of months beforehand. Alcohol at 17 almost 18 hydrocodone at 13 DXM at 18 and I was floored with DXM.

First interesting drug? MDMA, tried with cannabis and way too shortly after a DXM experience also at 18. Cannabis also 18, 3 months before MDMA.

Last edited: