⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

films: Worst Sequels To Good Movies

Crocodile Dundee sequels......

Melvin Son of Alvin (obscure 70's Aussie sequel to Alvin Purple)

Airplane II (or Flying High II in .au)

fruitfly said:
Neverending Story 2 & 3-- Why, God???

THANK YOU.
I have never bothered to see pt 3 - part 2 was horrible - bits borrowed here and there from the book and a re-hash of the first - and it felt all whiney and American, it didn't have that magic feeling that Wolfgan Petersen brought to the first film.

O and tell me honestly have u ever seen any animatronic creature scarier than Gmork ever since NES1? Absolutely wicked!

Frosty da snowman said:
I can't belive, anybody hasn't said this one yet. Tremors 2. Worst sequel evar

Agreed - good twist that they things started to walk but it was just so camp that it lost the excitetment of the first one.

God Father 3 is definitly up there. I didnt hate it as much as a lot of people I know, but it was no where near the first two in any way.

From Dusk Till Dawn 2.... so terrible.

All of the Batman movies after the first one....Keaton was the best Batman

I'll agree, and I think this is a general consensus. Though, I have to admit that since they've brought Christian Bale into the role, I really like him and what they've done with the franchise since then.

Crocodile Dundee sequels......

Hah...absolutely.

From Dusk Till Dawn 2.... so terrible.

And again, yes! yes! yes!

I'm trying to think of a sequel I've seen recently, but I'm not getting to movies as much as I might like. :\

EDIT - actually, I'm going to put Mummy 2 and 3 on there, especially 3.

Worst sequels ever.....
5) Star Trek V- Worst movie ending ever

4) Star Wars Ep. 1-The bushy haired kid made me wanna kill someone

3) The neverending story 2-all the drugs in the world couldn't make me finish it

2) Back to the future 3- Parts 1 and 2 are some of my favorites but 3 blows

1)Donnie Darko 2-Why try to ruin the name of a cult classic like D.D.? The girl grew up to be HOT but that's the only reason I watched for more than 20 minutes.

My vote:

Alien Resurrection: I could literally feel the franchise die with every frame.

Jurassic Park III: While Lost World was merely mediocre, the insulting ending of this movie made me want to put an axe through the screen.

Weekend at Bernies 2: Loved the first one, because it at least felt vaguely plausible ("Hey, a couple of days pretending a dead body's still alive!"). The second one, though...give me a break. I think I bailed out about the time Bernie was walking on the ocean floor, listening to a Walkman (?!).

Short Circuit 2: Contributed nothing to the series, to the characters, to your time, to money spent.

Teen Wolf Too: See above.

Poltergeist III: Nothing says hardcore like moving an inherently suburban, already moribund horror franchise to a high-rise. Ummm, yeah.

Batman and Robin: Everyone in this movie needed to be shot, in alphabetical order. Making an exception for Schumacher.

Star Trek V: Like most fans, I painstakingly omit this one from the series.

The Mummy Returns: It's pretty bad when a snoozefest like The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor is better than the movie before it, but such is the case. I'm in fact convinced that the writer of this movie aimed to make the most Mummy-like sequel that wasn't actually The Mummy, with a few hundred more loopholes thrown in to piss off the audience.

Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End: The sequel was barely watchable. The threequel was a movie I actually endured. I don't think I'm capable of watching it again without a neurological meltdown.

AMERICAN PSYCHO 2! mila kunis and william shatner..fuckin shame on you two

Last edited:
Any Amityville Horror movie after part 2 is a complete waste of time IMO.

Any Phantasm movie after part 2

Speed 2 (someone mentioned it earlier)

Halloween 4 & 5

New Nightmare A.K.A Nightmare on Elm Street part 7

Army of Darkness a.ka. Evil Dead III

couldnt disagree with you more, man,,,while none of those are classics EXCEPT FOR AoD (which is truly is). theyre not IMO to fall in the worst sequel categoy. im sure as hell not braggin but those sequels aren;t nearly as bad as some i've seen. to each their own.

I might have mentioned this before but I just remembered:

Be Cool

jesus christ that movie sucked giant ox balls.

I am more interested in good sequels to bad movies, of which i struggle to think of one, though some have to exist...

I could not even sit through the jaws seqs how could they ! Also someone should post a thread on movies that have ruined great books.Like battlefield earth by L.Ron Hubbard great book and movie (only for thoughs that have read the book) totally ruined the book.

wanted to comment on a few that have already been mentioned

Breakin' 2 - Electric Boogaloo - yeah, i can see how it can arguably be better than the first. in fact i loved it as a kid. and therein goes the problem, the movie was childs play. in looking back, that movie was horrible. the first one was raw and more gritty. this one was more an uplifting story which took away from the feel of what the culture was all about. lets group the following movies together: Krush Groove, Beat Street, and Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo. Now tell me which one doesn't really belong.

Mortal Kombat 2 - i mean really, you're looking at weighing shit with shit. imo, mk2 was shitty as the first, but not more shitty. i did like the second for the introduction of way more characters, there were way more fight sequences, hell Raiden knew Capoeira. yeah, they traded out a hot sonya for one that can fight. they also traded out a johnny cage that can fight for one that can die. but all in all, mk2 wasn't all that shabby.

The Karate Kid 2 - no way, i highly disagree. have you forgotten how powerful it was when mr miyagi said to daniel-san: "this no tournament...this for real." EPIC! and lets not forget the cheesy peter cetera ballad "the glory of love". chalk that up with the other fight inspiration songs of triumph right next to eye of the tiger and you're the best from the first karate kid movie. now, karate kid 3 and the next karate kid? that is a whole different story that makes me want to punch babies so hard. :X

Big Top Pee Wee - this wasn't a sequel to Pee Wee's Big Adventure per se, but i will agree with you that this movie was terrible! except i still like doing Vance the Pig impressions.

Batman movies - its true that after michael keaton (pre christian bale), the batman movies went to shit. but its not that michael keaton wasnt in them. it was more that tim burton wasnt directing them. i agree batman returns was a good movie. of them all, batman and robin was the absolute worst! schwarzenegger as freeze? aye dios mio. :X

Bachelor Party 2: The Last Temptation

I really enjoyed the Tom Hanks one, this one was dead donkey vomit.

"Russ Meyer's Beyond The Valley of the Dolls"

*This only applies if you were a fan of the original film, "Valley of the Dolls." Other than that, "Hey! Free technicolor bewbs!"

So many terrible sequels to choose from ...

Neverending Story 2 & 3-- Why, God???
Blair Witch 2 -- I walked out of the theater after about 20 minutes.
Batman and Robin -- Again I walked out, but this time with only about 20 minutes or so to go (it was that excruciating).

I'll post more as they come to me.

You were lucky to walk out of BW2. That is the worst piece of shit I've ever seen, sequel or otherwise.

Also, many others have correctly mentioned Batman and Robin, and I have a little story to go along. I worked at a movie theater when that cam out, and we had a late screening, which was never to be spoken of again. The next day, one of my high school teachers came in with his son, and upon leaving remarked that it was the only good Batman movie since the TV show (shudder).

Last week he was arrested for sexual misconduct with a student. I guess the Batman comment along with his insistence that The Simpsons were responsible for the decay of civilization should have been tip offs.

surprised no one mentioned alien 3, see resurrection was an improvement over 3, and that's not saying much, the series died a dark death. and don't bother arguing, it was a dog fer christsake! a dog!

die hard comes to mind. and lethal weapon.

prob pet semetary 2 and robocop (the entire franchise is a bit poor). scanners as well (orig is great conenberg b-flick)..