• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

films: Movies that everyone has seen but you

StarOceanHouse

Bluelight Crew
I was thinking about this the other day. It seems to me that I have been missing out on a lot of the blockbuster hit movies.

Armageddon - I remember when this one was out on theatre. I guess it just never caught my attention. Everyone was ranting and raving to see this film. One of these days I'll get around to see it.

Forrest Gump - Same as above. I always forget to rent this movie too.

The Dark Knight - Now this one I've been wanting to watch for a while but I just haven't got around to go rent the DVD and watch it.

I've never seen any of the Rambo movies, I don't know why--but I haven't.

I Am Legend

If this was a week ago I could have said The Dark Knight but I finally got my arse into gear and watched it - definitely worth it.

american psycho...tried to record it on halloween but it didn't take for some reason....

jerry maguire

"show me the money!"

is the only line i've seen.

^ you should see it. it's mostly sugary nonsense and it's very sentimental but it's pretty good and features strong performances from tom cruise, renee zellwegger, cuba gooding jr., jay mohr, and others.

alasdair

The Godfather

I watched a little bit of it, but couldn't get past how much Brando was over-acting. He's like a sweaty walrus with a speech impetement.

Off what?

Do you really think that it was an accurate portrayal of organized crime?

(Mario Puzo's) most famous work, The Godfather, was first published in 1969 after he had heard anecdotes about Mafia organizations during his time in pulp journalism. He later said in an interview with Larry King that his principal motivation was to make money. He had already, after all, written two books that had received great reviews, yet had not amounted to much. As a government clerk with five kids, he was looking to write something that would appeal to the masses. As a number one bestseller for months on The New York Times Best Seller List, Mario Puzo had found his target audience. The book was later developed into the film The Godfather directed by Francis Ford Coppola.

And if not, then why is Brando's Corleone so readily accepted as an accurate representation of a Mafia boss?

Last edited:
^^lol, same here. Everyone always gives me the "WTF?" when I say I haven't seen that one.

Also,

Citizen Kane
The Goonies

...probably a few more but I can't them of them right now.

Animal House
Scarface
Fight Club

I know there's a lot more because I don't know how many times i've been in a conversation about movies that ends with everyone looking at me and saying "WHAT!? how could you not have seen that!!?"

TheDeceased said:
Off what?

Do you really think that it was an accurate portrayal of organized crime?

No one said anything about an accurate portrayal of organized crime. The movie was based on a novel. Brando played the character from Puzo's novel so well.

And besides, the book was about organized crime in the 1940s, I certainly don't know any gangsters from the 40s, and you sure as shit don't either----so who the fuck knows how they acted.

It was one of the best roles Brando ever played, and I just laughed that you think he was overacting. You are certainly entitled to your own opinion.

eon_blue said:
^^lol, same here. Everyone always gives me the "WTF?" when I say I haven't seen that one.

Also,

Citizen Kane
The Goonies

Thats just WRONG.

Scarface
Train Spotting
Boondock Saints
Deliverance
Apocalypse Now
Taxi Driver
The Shining
Caddyshack
A Clockwork Orange (all the way through)

Some of those are getting a little up there in years so maybe they don't fall under the "everyone's seen them" category as much as "classic" category, certainly not as much as Forest Gump! 8o
lol exactly, that's exactly the reason why I haven't seen them, I just never think of them when selecting a movie.

^You gotta add them to your netflix list right now, if you have one, then you don't have to remember