Votes: 3 3.2%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/3stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/4stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 32 34.4%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/5stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 49 52.7%

• Total voters
im just finished watching i cried at the end:( because it was really sad not because it was bad.... it wAS really good

Loved this movie. It was lovely to look at, and actually carried some meaning while still being entertaining/engaging - definitely not something you can say for a lot of movies lately....

I was blown away by how unbelievably awesome this movie was, exceeded my expextations tenfold.
This will be one to buy on DVD.
So many metaphors in the movie, I felt like i was watching a few movies at once.
The movement and shifting between reality and fantasy done and timed perfectly.
I want to see it again.

singularity said:
Amazing film, probably my favorite of anything i saw in 06/07.

I'm loving it really because the tone very similar to Eraserhead's which is mine all time favorite film. Not even just the beast that feeds on children(although when they crying started i was like 'yes!') but I think there is something going on with babies. Any film trying to be horror with babies like "It's alive" "Eraserhead" etc has this very visceral, odd feel to it which is uncommon enough to be a pretty big deal when i feel it. Its like the most vunerable you can feel watchin a movie man.

Goya-Saturn.jpg

Nice Goya reference ;) I love Goya. I enjoyed this movie very much.

The making of the Creatures

lostNfound said:
exceeded my expextations tenfold.

Opposite for me. I was let down a bit. Sure, it was a great movie, but they could've invested a little more time into the faun & co, it felt like it were only little snippets of the whole movie, which was dissapointing for me.

I loved this movie. It was perfect and fantastic, which was exactly what I was hoping. The characters were great, and the colors, the environments, the costumes were all top-notch. I was wanting a bit more of the underworld experience, but the lack of it did make the fantasy scenes much more appreciated.

I loved this movie but I think I missed parts because I was so busy reading.

Firstly were the Faun and other creatures a manifestation of other people in her lives? For example in the part were she steals the key from the frog was the frog a manifestation of something else and was she acturally stealing a key from someone?

I loved the monster thing with the eyes this was my favourite character although I didn't understand the significance of her stealing the graps or the consiquence of her actions.

smart-e said:
Firstly were the Faun and other creatures a manifestation of other people in her lives? For example in the part were she steals the key from the frog was the frog a manifestation of something else and was she acturally stealing a key from someone?

I loved the monster thing with the eyes this was my favourite character although I didn't understand the significance of her stealing the graps or the consiquence of her actions.

dunno bout the 1st question =/

if she didnt snatch the grapes the pale man wouldnt of awoke.

dvd out may 15th, woot. i got the urge to watch this movie again right now. cause my memory of events in it are foggy now :(

Last edited:
Ok I don't know how to do the spoiler thing so if anyone want's to show me or do it for me would br great.

NSFW:
I was told that the girl was dead at the very beging fo the movie and the movie was acturally her path to the afterlife. The moster was the Gatekeeper to the otherside and the faun was like her guide. Dunno what do you guys think?

Dapurman I understand that but what was the significasnce of the pale man waking? What did that accomplish? Why was he there? Why was he guarding the food? what was the significance of him being there?

Last edited by a moderator:
smart-e said:
Ok I don't know how to do the spoiler thing so if anyone want's to show me or do it for me would br great.

NSFW:
I was told that the girl was dead at the very beging fo the movie and the movie was acturally her path to the afterlife. The moster was the Gatekeeper to the otherside and the faun was like her guide. Dunno what do you guys think?

Dapurman I understand that but what was the significasnce of the pale man waking? What did that accomplish? Why was he there? Why was he guarding the food? what was the significance of him being there?

NSFW:
thats a very interesting way to look at it smart-e. n' plausible. one thing about this film i think del toro made it so you can interrupt the movie how you feel n its up to the viewer to decide.

about the pale man wakin up ( memory is hazey ) she still made off with what she was suppose to retrive right ? i cant really remember. oh wait now i think i do. didnt the faun get upset that she didnt follow the instructions as in (dont touch the food) n' this caused the faun to give up on helpin her ?

man i cant wait for the dvd.

i liked it. Glad I downloaded it rather than spending money on it though. I went into the viewing expecting a bit more labyrinth and a little less reality.

Yeah it's definately one of those movies you have to see more than once to truely understand it and even then you gonna keep guessing.

atlas said:
i liked it. Glad I downloaded it rather than spending money on it though. I went into the viewing expecting a bit more labyrinth and a little less reality.

Yeah I was expecting a little more fantasy and a little bit less psychopathic militant stepfather

Intense movie, it was great. Mercedes (was that her name? i forget) was a badass

having seen his other films i didnt really rate hm that much but this movie elevated him to genius for me. just got the 2 disc dvd - its amazing the level of detail in the film, there doesnt seem to ba a single shot or prop or word that isnt filled with meaning

Blowmonkey said:
Hehe, I think it was rather easy to follow actually.

Not really. I believe the beauty of this film is that everyone gets a different interrupretation from it and none are right or wrong it's purely the way the movie was made.

I'm not saying the movie was hard or easy to follow but the meaning behind the movie can be taken in many different ways.

i really appreciated the way that this film managed to make the audience react, because it means that it was emotionally captivating, something that has become less and less of an easy feat in today’s apathetic, desensitised society.