Votes: 5 13.5%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/3stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 8 21.6%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/4stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/5stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 5 13.5%

• Total voters
Hud was my favorite character in the movie. When they were in the tunnel and he was talking about homeless people being set on fire down there. "Damn. How creepy would that be if some homeless guy just came at us out of nowhere,all covered in fire and shit?" Great comic relief.

i still havent seen it, but i want to. and i want the monster to be Cthulu, damnit
they should totally make a Call of Cthulu movie

i'm normally not one for monster movies, but i liked it. right when i was starting to be like, okay, move on.. don't care, bam, the action started. i think it would have been better if it were longer to get into more of what the little spider like things were, but given what was going on in the city, it wouldn't have made sense for the movie itself since there wasn't a lot of time to investigate the creatures. i'm guessing that when they bit people they incubated in them ? i wonder if they were little versions of the big thing?

i just tire of the requisite shot of the statue of liberty being fucked up somehow. re: comic relief, hud entertained me with his talk of 'terrible things' lol

my b/f told me he wouldn't come back to save me like that fool rob did for beth. so mean! ;)

I really didn't rate this movie at all. It was unique in the way it was all shot with hand held camera but I was left frustrated with many questions left unanswered by the sudden ending. Gave it 2 stars. Definately not a movie I'm going to be in a hurry to see again.

As a bona fide Godzilla fan, I have three words for Cloverfield: Fuck. This. Movie. CGI ain't got shit next to two guys in rubber suits duking it out.

Y0u wanna see a real monster movie? Check out "Godzilla, Mothra and King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack"!!!

^regardless of film quality, that's gotta be one of the greatest film titles ever :D

one of the worst films, i've seen in awhile. it only went for about 70mins and the ending sucked big time, by the way it ended there would have to be a sequel to finish the film since it was to short. i'd give it 1/10, wouldnt bother

One of the best films I've seen in a while. It didn't drag on and on, ended appropriately and left me wanting more.
alasdairm said:
^ not at all. the money shot in the movie totally pays off. it's just, with some movies (e.g. primer) i enjoy not knowing what the hell is going on and finding out along with the cast. i think the first bourne movie did this really well too.
Exactly. I never heard of this film until yesterday. There's something to be said for having a media/hype blackout. I don't avidly follow film releases and trailers... so when a little gem like this comes along I go into it with no preconceptions.

I was gripped throughout. The CGI was well done and meshed into the handycam footage very well. Hud was humorous ("dude, I can't stop thinking about how scary it would be if a burning homeless man came running out at us!").

Go see/rent/download. Tis fun.

Oh...
...and the scene with the B-2 Stealth Bomber totally carpet bombing the monster (and the rest of Manhatten) was worth watching alone.
=D

I didn't like it. I found the characters annoying and I couldn't relate to them at all. The monster was ultimately boring, so no help there, and they still did all those stupid horror movie cliches that make you want to gnash your teeth.

Such as:
NSFW:
There are monsters in the city, so lets go underground and walk along the tube tracks where it's dark and there's no escape. Who would really do that? They did the same thing in 28 weeks later and that annoyed the piss out of me as well. I get that the scene is put in there for scare factor, but the rationale for getting the characters down there is never convincing.

people do stupid things when they're scared.

i'm sure if you were put in a situation like that you'd do all the right things?

but, i guess we'll never know since you'll never be chased around by giant monsters and spider-things in subways.

Whatever RC, next time monsters attack your city, go for a walk down a long, dark tunnel where you can't see anything. You'll be all alone of course because NOBODY ELSE DOES THAT.

I bet you go off investigating strange noises by yourself as well :p

lol, i actually have..

and i would consider going underground to get away from all the hectic noise, however i dont think i would actually go in a subway tunnel anyways b/c i fear rats as it is

Ok, did anybody who's seen this movie play Final Fantasy X? I think whoever designed the monster did. Come on. It's the exact same fucking thing down to the creatures that fall off of it.

^ Good point. :)

Just seen this for the first time & I really enjoyed it. It's not something that you'll remember for years to come, but there are certainly far worse ways to spend 70 minutes of your life.

I thought that the way it was interspersed every so often with the footage on the tape of the two characters on a date worked really well. A nice contrast between a serene everyday life & the insane fucking craziness that ensues when the monster turns up. Talking of which, the monster was cool & that's all I really wanted out of it.

3 and a half *s, rounded up to 4 because I'm in a good mood. :)

i haven't played final fantasy x, but the cloverfield monster has been drawn and redrawn in manga and anime for a long time. it's thinner than godzilla, and kind of attached to that whole 'robot love' thing the japanese have going. what do the super-mech robot warriors of earth fight all day? weird but powerful aliens, thats what!

western culture favors a tougher car with a bigger gun on top of it. our aliens are kind of like that, with fleets of ships.

cloverfield is great because it follows j.j. abrams pre-perfected formula of creating enough questions that you don't want to know all the answers. this increases your sense of immersion in the film, something already well developed by the camcorder perspective, and also furthers your connection with the characters. along with the characters, when the monster seems to be just around that corner, you're thinking run instead of wondering what it looks like, and feeling sick in your stomach instead of amazed at the leaning apartment building.

someone said they thought the cgi was shit. they are shit. the cgi was fucking awesome. when some characters hide in a convenience store, and the outside world completely changes... that was fucking great!

It was a decently entertaining film. Half of me would have liked to get some closure on the whole monster event but the more I think about it the more I agree that it works to leave it open and have the viewer make their own conclusion.

I hear they are working on a sequel, I'd be happy to see that turn out to be a review of the same story from a different view point such as a military investigation or something.

The other thing that shitted me about this move, why the fuck would some one in that situation continously film every fucking event with a handycam?

I saw it today and I was pretty inpressed. It started out pretty slow,but once the monster hit the city,it was chaos and mayhem from then on out. I liked the characters and the fact that they weren't just one dimensional characters who you didn't care whether or not they lived or died. The creature was pretty impressive and I didn't expect the addition of
NSFW:
those smaller creatures that fell off the bigger creature and fucked up anyone they bit.
I wish they had done more with that. Other than that,I was happy with the end result.
NSFW:
I'm glad that they didn't cop out with the War of the Worlds happy ending.
Although it did remind me of the Blair Witch Project,in more ways than one. Especially the ending.

Caught this late last night before bed. I liked it. I agree with everything Frank said, except this was WAY better than Blair Bitch. Hahahaha ;)