Votes: 5 13.5%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/3stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 8 21.6%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/4stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/5stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 5 13.5%

• Total voters
Saw it yesterday, and I have to say it lived up to my expectations. Ide recommened it to anyone and everyone. Especially people intrested in film.

I saw it today and I was pretty inpressed. It started out pretty slow,but once the monster hit the city,it was chaos and mayhem from then on out. I liked the characters and the fact that they weren't just one dimensional characters who you didn't care whether or not they lived or died. The creature was pretty impressive and I didn't expect the addition of
NSFW:
those smaller creatures that fell off the bigger creature and fucked up anyone they bit.
I wish they had done more with that. Other than that,I was happy with the end result.
NSFW:
I'm glad that they didn't cop out with the War of the Worlds happy ending.
Although it did remind me of the Blair Witch Project,in more ways than one. Especially the ending.

AmorRoark said:
And I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that I'm perhaps the only individual that liked The Blair Witch Project.

::waits for stoning:
I liked it too. Clever. :)

Yet to see Cloverfield.

HisNameIsFrank said:
Other than that,I was happy with the end result.
NSFW:
I'm glad that they didn't cop out with the War of the Worlds happy ending.

Agreed.

NSFW:
Life ain't all sunshine and lollipops after all. ;)

I was not a fan of the camera moving around so much. I understand what they were attempting to do, and I respect that...

BUT...

I think a little less 'realism' and a little more steady shooting would have made this film much better.

5 cent bubblegum popcorn action flick rips off the blair witch and alien abduction except using a bigger budget and shows off this fact with cliched effects shots. typical cast in an abrams production, a bunch of commercially pretty people trying to act like natural self absorbed and pretentious wankers with much hammed up angst ridden teenaged melodrama.

mildly entertaining and forgettable 80 minutes or so. glad i didn't pay it any money.
2/5

the monster reminds me of the boogie man from the powerpuff girls
512W45PSJXL._AA280_.jpg

lol this is retarded

SPOILER: At the end of the credits, you can softly hear a voice saying "Help us," but when played backwards, says "It's still alive."
AS IF anyone was arsed to play a whisper they heard at the end of this film backwards to figure this stupid shit out.
these marketing gimmicks are becoming ridiculous.

Last edited:
Blairwitch was ten times better. What a waste of time this was. Hour and a half film and about 70% of it was filler. The ending was okay, but came way too soon, considering the action was just getting started, and left you feeling cheated.

Worst scam ever.

One star. *spit*

I'm going to do the Wullerton spit every time Cloverfield is mentioned from now on!

Im still saying this movie was good. It wasnt the greatest movie ever but it wasnt bad. I dont regret spending $7 on it. The camera didnt bother me, and the cheesey story line was well cheesey but I still found the movie enertaining and when I go see a movie thats what I look for, to be entertained.

just watched this and was impressed. i enjoyed it immensely. the handheld video made me feel more a part of the experience.

^ my feelings exactly. i really enjoyed this. for me, it's one of those movies where the less you know going in, the better.

alasdair

loved it. the time flew by. it was a great simple monster movie. wasn't expecting too much, and got a lot.

yawn

sequel
Matt Reeves is in early talks with Paramount to direct a "Cloverfield" sequel and has also made a deal with GreeneStreet Films to direct "The Invisible Woman" reports Variety.

Timing of the projects will depend on how quickly Paramount can complete discussions with Reeves, producer J.J. Abrams and scribe Drew Goddard to scare up another monster tale for the "Cloverfield" sequel.

There's a good chance the sequel will be Reeves' next film, in which case he will direct "The Invisible Woman" afterward.

"Woman" is a Hitchcock-style thriller that probes the mind of a former beauty queen who turns to a life of crime to protect her family.

Reeves wrote the script and will produce with Abrams. GreeneStreet will finance "The Invisible Woman" and will sell overseas territories.
http://www.darkhorizons.com/news08/080131g.php

alasdairm said:
^ my feelings exactly. i really enjoyed this. for me, it's one of those movies where the less you know going in, the better.

alasdair
Is that because there is not much to find out?

^ not at all. the money shot in the movie totally pays off. it's just, with some movies (e.g. primer) i enjoy not knowing what the hell is going on and finding out along with the cast. i think the first bourne movie did this really well too.

alasdair

Saw this opening night and quite enjoyed it. I'll admit I was on the edge of my seat with suspense the whole time.

alasdairm said:

alasdair

The movie just came out today here in Panama, and I just got back. I knew very little about it other than the fact that hype existed and that there was a monster. Otherwise, I was a blank slate.

NSFW:
The little creatures running around, fucking things up seemed a little out of place. They were in the movie to keep the audience scared, but other than that...?

What happened to the girl that got bitten? Did she explode?

The title here was changed to "El Monstruo", which was unimpressive, but they fuck up movie titles all the time here. For example, "3:10 to Yuma" was translated to "Dangerous Mission".

There were also families with kids talking throughout the movie, which took me out of the experience. I wanted to stay through the credits to hear the radio crackle, but the fuckers turned off the projector before it happened. The movie I give 3*s, the experience I give 2*s

I saw it earlier this week and thought it was hilarious. Kind of left you feeling like something funny and gross and weird and scary and delightful happened all at once in your brain.

Dialogue was funny. "Heartwrenching romantic moments" were not heartwrenching at all, but stupid. Monster-thing was scary and awesome.

All in all, $5 well spent.