• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Fentanyl Powder?

nleksan

Bluelighter
Recently I came across something being sold as "Fentanyl Powder". It is an off-white color ("beige" would describe it best) that is a fairly fine powder, but clumps together easily. It dissolves completely in water.

The instructions were to insufflate about an inch-long "line" of the powder in order to get high from it. Due to a high opiate tolerance developed over the last 6 months (20-30mg IV oxymorphone, 30mg IV hydromorphone, 200mg IV morphine, but never used heroin), that size of line, when insufflated, gave little more than a slightly warm, fairly sedating high. It did not give a "rushing" high, but seemed to settle in over about 5-10 minutes. Its effects when insufflated lasted about 2 hours.

Due to the reaction had from insufflating, intravenous administration was next. Half the amount used to insufflate was used for injection. It was added to a spoon, with 75 units of water added after. The substance dissolved completely into the water, with no sediment or anything.

When injected for the first time, only half of what was in the syringe was injected at first, and the rest wasn't pushed in until about 30 seconds after the first half, to be sure that it wouldn't be problematic. This MOA resulted in an onset in less than 30 seconds, but oddly it did not give a "rush" to speak of; nothing even remotely close to IV oxymorphone or hydromorphone. The high had a different feel when administered intravenously. It was much more sedating, and had a strong "body high" aspect to it. It also increased sociability a bit, as talking was non-stop for about an hour.

The powder is undoubtedly some kind of opiate, though based on the appearance and lack of a rush, it is not believed to be true Fentanyl. Based on the color and consistency, it was thought possible that it was heroin, but the lack of an IV rush seems to rule that out. It does cause itching (moreso than high doses of oxy-/hydro-morphone), and also gives the user a bit of a nod. There is no doubt it is an opiate, but I cannot find out what it could be. Fentanyl seems to be ruled out, and although its appearance is very similar to that of high-quality powder heroin, the lack of rush when IV'ing seems to rule out heroin as well.

As mentioned above, it is a beige powder that is somewhat clumpy, but very easy to turn into a fine powder. A match-head size amount is enough IV'd to give a good, sedating high that lasts about 1.5-2 hours. It is not notably euphoric compared to the -morphones. When insufflated, the "drip" is bitter and slightly chemically tasting.

I know that no one can say for sure what this powder could be, and I know that it would be more or less impossible to be certain without a lab and a GC/MS machine. However, I would like to know if anyone has any experience with something similar, or if anyone has any idea as to what it might be. I'm not looking for a concrete answer, because that isn't possible, but due to very little experience with "street" opiates compared to most other people on this board (pharmaceutical opiates are what I am used to), I was hoping someone could give me some ideas or suggestions or whatnot. Thanks in advance.

Well, if it was fent powder, THROW IT AWAY.
FENT POWDER WILL KILL YOU.

It wasn't pure fent powder or you would already be dead. Throw it away asap.

smackem said:

Yeah, throw it away. 8)

Honestly, I'm baffled as to what it could be.

Sounds like either highly cut heroin, or morphine. I suppose it COULD be heavily cut fent, but fent was not a very sedating drug for me.

When I didn't IV enough heroin, or it was poor quality, I never got a rush from it, but rather pretty much what you described experiencing. I'd just slowly up your dose until you can find the proper ammount. It obviously isn't pure fent, or that line, and/or shot would of dropped you dead. I've had friends drop from one smallish fent "heroin" bag, that had very large tolerances.

Fentanyl is active in the mcg range, and most likely any visible amount of powder, if pure will kill you. Be careful, this is not what the seller claimed it is.

Yeah, I don't think that the substance is Fentanyl either. That, or it is some low-quality Heroin with a tiny bit of Fentanyl in it, which from my understanding, isn't that uncommon.

smackem - I never claimed it was "pure fentanyl powder", just that the person from whom it was obtained said it was "fentanyl powder and very strong". That is why I snorted little match-head sized bumps until I could feel it, so I would have an idea as to its strength. I found that it took about 4 to 5 of those bumps to get me feeling a bit of an opiate high.

I figured, based on buccal/intranasal bio-availability, that starting with 1 match-head sized amount for intravenous administration would be appropriate, as it wasn't an "over-powering" kind of high insufflated. My friend did the same as I did, to test it out (snorting and IV, though his IV dose was 1/2 of what I did), and got a little dope-sick (threw up). He wasn't in any danger of an OD, though; he just doesn't handle opiates very well sometimes. Of note: he felt perfectly fine and not queasy at all post-vomit.

The duration makes me think that it's not heroin. Even a shot that doesn't get you high, but rather "gets you well/normal," will last around 4-6 hours IME.

You're playing a dangerous game, even if it is fentanyl. I'd walk away.

this is just a guessing game... i cant even begin to give you an idea to what it is

but as far as everyone telling you to throw it away... thats crazy... just be careful

I'm not going to throw it away, it was too expensive and I don't see the point. I'm pretty well-experienced with opiates, so I know when enough is enough, and when things start to be too much. I have not had that feeling with this "fentanyl powder", and I feel that the dose I've been using (probably 5-10mg of powder) is much less than what my tolerance is capable of supporting.

I will probably just finish off this bag, and not increase the dose by more than 50% of what I've been using. I understand that it's a "dangerous game", somewhat, but unlike an opiate naive person, I have more room to "play around" due to the excessive tolerance I managed to gain over the last 5 months. The shots I've been doing feel equipotent to about 5-7mg oxymorphone. Seeing as my tolerance was supporting 30mg oxymorphone a day, I don't feel like I'm in any real danger with this substance.

I know this is a harm reduction forum, and believe me, I am very much pro-harm reduction. That is why I didn't dive right in and start shooting up, but rather insufflated a small bump every 10 minutes until I got where I wanted to be (probably a total of 50mg of powder insufflated over the course of an hour) in order to better judge what would be an appropriate IV dose. Also, the first IV dose I took what I thought would be appropriate, and did half. I'm not one to risk my life with some silly little powder.

It takes about 10mg of the powder to get me "high", and another 10mg to make me on the verge of a nod. This is as high as I want to get off of this substance, because the dosing must be so precise that a nod probably isn't that far off from an OD, relatively speaking.

Another interesting note: Today I did a shot of about 7mg and felt a good body high for about an hour and a half. After that wore off (approx. 2 hours after initial shot), I did a 10mg shot. That shot seemed to really "kick it in", and it has lasted for about 4 hours so far (2 of which I was on-the-verge of nodding) and the high is still lingering. Still, though, no rush with either shot. Basically I just go from sober to doped out in 10 seconds, as opposed to something like oxymorphone or hydromorphone, where you get a really strong "rush" high that fades into a gentle opiate high that decreases gradually.

I've been doing a lot of research, and can't find anything that I think this substance would be. It's definitely an opiate; tiny pupils and everything, but very few opiates that are IV'd produce a strong high but no rush. In fact, I can't really think of any at all besides something like methadone (which I have taken before, and this feels nothing like it; also, methadone would last far longer), so whatever this stuff is has me very intrigued.

Here's a list of pro's and con's so far:
"Fentanyl" Powder (off-white (beige), clumpy powder active in an opiate-tolerant person in intravenous dosages of 5-15mg of powder; not all of which is necessarily the active ingredient, though the entire content of the powder is water-soluble)

Pros:
- Strong opiate body high
- Despite it being cut, it is entirely water soluble with no heat necessary
- Does not cause significant respiratory depression in doses of 5-15mg
- Kicks in quickly; full effects in about 15 seconds after IV administration

Cons:
- Not entirely sure what it actually is
- No "rush" like other strong opiates, which I find unusual considering the MOA is IV
- First dose will last no more than 1.5 hours; second dose immediately following the end of the first's effects will last significantly longer
- The cuts are obviously water-soluble as well, and although I double filter, I do not like injecting "cuts" into my body
- Strong body high but mild head high (sedating and relaxing, but not dreamy and floaty like other strong opiates)
- Price

As I continue with the rest of the bag, I will also continue to comment on observations in this thread. I also continue to do research regarding the possible true ingredient in this "mystery opiate", both for my sake and for others, as from what I understand this stuff is going around a lot in the Midwest and East Coast. We do not need another "china white" problem (alpha-methyl-fentanyl laced heroin), which resulted in a number of deaths.

I was told this stuff is used to cut heroin to make it more potent, as the dealers add some of this and then they can "stomp" on the smack a lot harder, increasing profitability. That makes me think it is a fentanyl analogue of some sort, but who knows.

Sounds like Morphine. (Just from what you have described)

I think the short duration you are reporting is due to your previous opiate use.

Which part of the world is this?

It's in the Mid-West, United States.

I'm pretty sure it's not morphine, as morphine always gives me a strong histamine reaction, and with this I get barely any. I get a little bump and a small red spot over the injection spot, but that's it. With morphine, I get a rash all the way up my arm.

I understand that it's a "dangerous game", somewhat, but unlike an opiate naive person, I have more room to "play around" due to the excessive tolerance I managed to gain over the last 5 months.
Yeah, and like you said earlier you know when "enough is enough." The point though, is when you're messing with fentanyl, and quite possibly a stronger analog, you're talking about microgram doses(even with a tolerance). I'm sure you know how hard it is to properly cut a drug that's active in that range, and I'm sure you know about the "fentdope" outbreak from a couple years ago... And that's just assuming that what you're injecting is fentanyl. I'm not gonna get into any of the other reasons why this is a "dangerous game," as you seem bright enough from your posts to understand exactly what I meant.

In all honesty, if I was in your position; dependent and only having this unknown opiate on hand, I wouldn't throw it out either. But, I'd like to think that I'd at least practice a little bit of harm reduction and insufflate rather than IV.

Trust me, I'm all too familiar with how a strong opiate addiction/dependence overrides any, if not all, the harm reduction one would normally practice outside of that situation. Especially if we're talking IV use. :\

Good luck dude, and stay safe.

phrozen: I appreciate the concern. I've found an IV dose that feels just right, and everything is always cleaned properly and well-filtered, so as far as IV complications go, I'm on top of it. I also keep a bottle of 100count 150mg Clindamycin in case of infection or a missed shot, so that I can start a course of antibiotics immediately, before I even seek medical attention. I would insufflate, but it takes literally 5-10 times more of the substance than IV'ing, and this stuff was not cheap, so that's another factor. If I was snorting it, it would have been gone yesterday. Instead, I'll have it for 4 days.

I certainly wouldn't recommend anyone else shoot up random opiates, and I admit it's not the smartest thing in the world, but people shove a lot worse things in their veins than a completely water soluble but unknown opiate.

I actually am "clean" from opiates, after detoxing over the course of a month and stopping them 2 weeks ago. My goal wasn't to never take another opiate, but rather to get my opiate usage under control. I feel that I've succeeded. I was in a NASTY car wreck last Friday, and I was given IV Dilaudid in the hospital, and when the nurse asked if I needed more, I summoned up all my willpower and said "no, I think I'm okay". They sent me home with a script of Vicodin 5/500mg, and I am proud to say that I have been taking them exactly as prescribed.

The "fentanyl" was not something I planned on coming across, it just kinda "popped up", and I'd always been curious (having only used the patches and Actiq lollipops before) so I said "what the hell, might as well". I was offered more today, and the guy said it was stronger and less expensive (new batch), but I declined. Man, I can't believe I finally found the will-power somewhere in me.

smackem said:

Thats the stupidest thing to say.

Obviously it didnt kill him because hes here posting this fucking thread about it. Fent powder can be used safely, believe it or not. BUT, you are right, that since he has no idea what it is, he should give it up.

OP, no one can tell you. Its quite possibly it was just really shitty heroin. Really low doses of heroin, especially when you have a tolerance, wont give you a rush, and Id assume that would go for any opiate that can be IVed. The problem is, it should last a little bit longer. Then again, Ive had dope that was so shitty, that it seriously felt like it only held me for 2 hours, so I dont know.

Thats the problem. No one knows. No one is going to be able to answer this.

What does it smell like? Burn a bit. I assume you know what H or Morphine smell like?

The reason I don't think it's heroin is because these shots that aren't giving me a "rush" are the same shots that are making me nod really hard. I can't imagine shitty heroin doing THAT. It's just so unusual...

It smells a bit like heroin, not much like morphine, but the most prominent smell is sort of "chemically". It does burn somewhat when snorted, but not as bad as, say, 2C-E.

sixpartseven: I realize that no one can tell me for sure, but I also realize that this is a forum made up of thousands of people who use recreational drugs all over the world. I figure the worst that could happen is no one has any idea, but there is always the possibility that someone sees this thread and has an "omg that's the same stuff I have!" moment. The collective intelligence on the board (for the most part...) has proven to be efficient and BS-Free.

I don't really expect someone to be able to tell me exactly what it is, but being pointed in the right direction is always helpful. I mean, I don't want to waste my time researching Fentanyl analogues if I find out this is something new and different. There's just so many inconsistencies with this product, it boggles my mind (literally and figuratively).

Sounds like morphine base to me. It's basically the first extract of the morphine from the opium. I'm pretty sure it has a similar color. Maybe that's why your not getting a rush. I do know the fent rush and that is a strong intense high a few micrograms off and you could be gone.

So like I said you probably have some morphine base.

it was thought possible that it was heroin, but the lack of an IV rush seems to rule that out

it sounds like heroin, not all heroin has that mad rush.

Thanks guys. Another thing I notice is that it gives me a pretty bad headache about half the time I use it. Is this something that's normal with heroin? I've never had a headache from shooting up any other opiate...