• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

fentanyl patch 25mcg will it be enough?

Yeah that's probably ok. Used ones are nothing like putting a new one in. Although there is still fent there

Well now you know what mcg keeps you out of wd. So move up from there to feel high. Be careful they do jack up your tolerance!!

Do you have clear patches or are they colored like a tan color? The clear ones IME work better for cutting a piece and putting in against Your gums

they are clear. mallinkcrodt brand. i have mylan 25mcgs too. knowing my tolerance and what keeps me out of withdrawal if i were to take a fresh mylan and cut it up how much would be a safe amount to use buccally? everyone a hear says "just cut off a piece" well wtf is a piece half, a quarter? also if a fresh patch were to be used buccally how long does it take to kick it? and say today after school i decide to use this one buccally? could i just pop the whole thing between my cheek and gums or since there is probably still a fair amount left should i use half or wait until wait until tomorow? just to clarify use said i'd be ok chewing on a quarter of the used patch or the whole thing?

As far as "a piece", I used to cut a 100 mcg into about 8-10 pieces. Just depended. Sometimes I had 75 mcg, sometimes 100 mcg. They get a little bigger (at least in the brand I had) as they increase

Being yours are less strength, I would say cut into into 4 pieces for a fresh 25 mcg. Try that. As far as used, that's a whole different issue as it's far weaker

Oh, and don't chew. Sit it in between your cheek and gum or lip and gum (like ppl do with chewing tobacco). After a while you can chew it up--but let it sit a good half hour at least first

this changed everything should i put the used one (one im wearing now) on right now or wait until tommorow so less is in there. when i say put the used one on i mean use it bucally. how long should it take to click in? im used to driving while absurdly high and have to drive on I95. how long does bucal administration last in your experience. when i get to the meeting at school (its with friends for a project) i can probably just pop it in during the meeting they dont care. what about eating something with it in my mouth. or smoking a cigarette for that matter. oh and i know not to swallow my saliva. i only have 2 mylan patches so i wanna make them count the mallinckrodt i assume are the same way 1/4 of a fresh patch would be safe? i have quite a fell mallinckrodt but still dont want to waste them.

Last edited:
Hey there, I haven't read through all of the replies that you got but I wanted to share a little of my experience in hopes that it might help. In my teens and early twenties I was a very heavy opiate and opioid user. After a while my drug of choice became fentanyl. I got introduced to fentanyl because my father got prescribed it for chronic back pain (He has 3 slipped and 2 degenerating discs in his back). Naturally I did some research and realized what was just downstairs in his room. At that point I was still against the idea of outright stealing his medication if I could avoid it but I did some math. His patches were 100ug/hr 72 hr patches. The patch contained an total of 10.21 mg and his prescription called for him to change it every 48 hours. That means that when he threw them out they still had 5.41 mg of fentanyl in them! And he was throwing out 2 of them every other day! I would fish them out of his garbage and cut them in half. Then I would fold a piece in half so that both exposed sides were the sticky side. I'd then pop this piece of plastic in my mouth. It won't be absorbed just by doing this though, it won't work as a blotter because of the time-released structure of the glue/fentanyl composite. So i would gently chew it and grind my teeth back and forth over it breaking the binding and releasing all the fentanyl. The effects would be felt within minutes and after about 2 hours of idly chewing this sticker I'd be able to tell that I'd gotten most of my medicine out. I'd then save this used piece as a remedy for wd when i had no other options. When I eventually graduated to using fresh patches I would just cut them into quarters. Please be aware that I am refering to the patches that are like clear stickers, not the ones with gel in them (if they even still make those). Also be aware that in the dosages I am refering to each dose was between 1.5-2.5 mg of fentanyl AT ONCE. This is a massive dose, as i already had a massive tolerance, both naturally and from 5 years of daily opiate abuse. This dose will KILL most people. The purpose of this post is to share the tek, not the dosing instructions. I hope this helps!

say today after school i decide to use this one buccally? could i just pop the whole thing between my cheek and gums or since there is probably still a fair amount left should i use half or wait until wait until tomorow? just to clarify use said i'd be ok chewing on a quarter of the used patch or the whole thing?

depending on your tolerance, how much this particular used patch started with and how long it was worn for. But if your are inexperienced with fentanyl or even just this ROA i'd start with a quarter of a used patch or less, fentanyl is very powerful. It's can also be a friendly all-day lasting opiate buzz if used responsibly. I can try to give you my experience if you give me some details of the specifics of this used patch, to help you calculate an accurate dosage.

depending on your tolerance, how much this particular used patch started with and how long it was worn for. But if your are inexperienced with fentanyl or even just this ROA i'd start with a quarter of a used patch or less, fentanyl is very powerful. It's can also be a friendly all-day lasting opiate buzz if used responsibly. I can try to give you my experience if you give me some details of the specifics of this used patch, to help you calculate an accurate dosage.

this used patch (by me) is a mallinckrodt clear patch i have had it on since 11am yesterday so about nineteen hours. the total amount is around 2.7mgs in the patch keep in mind it has been exposed to a heating pad for about 4 hours total and a scorching hot water bottle for about 30min. thats really all the info i have when i get home i was thinking just sucking on the whole thing until i felt something keep in mind its a 25mcg/hr patch

It's a tricky med...I'm on a prescription...application of fresh patches gives me nausea on occasion...and I've been on them about 6 months (opiates for 3 years).

Ok, well if I am doing my math right, there should be 2.225 mg left in that patch after 19 hours at 25 mcg/hr. That's a lot, but seeing as you've had the patch on for 19 hours, you must have a decent tolerance, that would make a lot of people sick. You're probably ok to go ahead with that plan. But remember that the tolerance you've been building is based on titration, so 2.225mg at once will still be a massive dose for you. I would advise you to approach the situation a little apprehensively in the sense of maybe not chewing for 2 hours like I did. Maybe chew for 20 min then take it out for 30-45 min and see how far you keep going up before putting it back, carefully testing your limits is the best advice i can give for fentanyl. I cannot stress this enough. While I personally have always respected it and had wonderful experiences, I had 11 acquaintances die of OD in one year. 7 of them were fentanyl. That being said I'm really curious to hear how your experience goes. I'm also curious about the effects you get from just wearing a 25 mcg patch. I've never tried this ROA. Always too much of a junkie to wait lol. Good Luck!

Just popped the used 25mcg patch in my mouth. Sticky side toward my gun. Just a tip if your looking for something to keep the patch on Johnson and Johnson adhesive. Holy shit. Pulled it up just a little bit and the patch came with it. Seeing as how I can't reattach once it's been exposed to air I decided I'd cheek the whole thing tonight. Hopefully I won't fall asleep with it in my mouth.

no, fentanyl has a VERY short half life. The patches are the reason you get 72 hours of effect out of it.

It lasts pretty long. I don't know any of the specifics of its half life but during the time of my regular fentanyl abuse my daily routine was to take a quarter of a 100mcg/hr patch twice a day. The patch had 10.21 mg in it total to start. So each of my little sticker pieces had 2.55mg of fentanyl in it that would not longer be time-released. i'd pop a quarter in my mouth first thing in the morning and chew it for about 45 min-2 hours (depending on my mood). This would have me very high for at least 8 hours maybe longer. At that point I'd pop in the second one. It definitely lasts a long time, even if taken all at once. Just my experience.

Had this thing in for almost two hours now and nothing wtf am I doing wrong are you guys sure a fresh 25mcg patch cut in quarters buccal would work. I put it in like I would dip. Then after an hour starting chewing on it like gum(still am chewing on it) nothing is working I'm doubting a 50mcg patch worn is gonna be enough to even feel anything. I only have one 75mcg patch would thay be too much. Obviously I'm gonna try a 100mcg cut in half first but still. Everyone says don't do it no one mentions that it might not get you high.

Used ones just don't work the same. You can do the math all day, but they just don't IME

I really don't remember the brand I liked second best. They were clear and really small compared to other brands. My favorite were sandoz. Those I got experiences like the poster describes- took like twice a day and would be high all day. It was a good ROA cause I could pop a piece in at work or class or whatever

What I cut up was like 1/10 of a 100 mcg. So about 1.4 mg at once per dose. But I had a tolerance

And just FYI it isn't the being exposed to air that destroys the patch. It's that once it sticks to your skin it destroys the permeable membrane that allows the drug to flow easily. It never works when reattached.

Cut a fourth of the 25 mcg patch. Let it sit like you mentioned. Then chew it up. If it doesn't work you have a higher tolerance and need more, or have shitty patches. It should work though ...

Ok thanks I'll try that tomorrow and report back. The brands I have are 1 brand name Janssen non gel, 2 mylan, and four mallinckrodt. I plan on using the Janssen transdermally when I have no tolerance. These are just the 25mcgs I have. In your opinion or anyone else's for that matter out of the three which is best for buccal and which is best for transdermal. Thanks

I'm on my phone and can't figure out how to edit my post. Do I actually stick the quarter patch to the inside of my check or let it sit between my cheek and gum. What happens if the sticky side decides to go on my teeth. How long after let it sit there should I begin chewing. Should I aviod water, cigs, food?

well i guess a found my bucal dose i put 1/4 of a mylan 25mcg patch between cheek and gums an hour before i had to go to PT figured it wasnt enough 45min later so i started to chew it then put another 1/4 piece in let it set between cheek and gum half and hour later i started to chew it felt the effects in about 30min. just woke up from a i have no idea how long nod with the patch still in mouth. these def dont last 8 hours i couldnt have been "out of it" for more than an hour or so maybe i actually fell asleep and the high wore off?

I never put it in my cheek like dip. I just held it in my mouth and chewed it but more than chewing it i'd scrape my teeth back and forth across it. Like as if you were grinding your teeth kind of. And when I was taking a break from that I'd stick it up between my lip and teeth kind of like dip but i'd keep moving it around.

well i guess a found my bucal dose i put 1/4 of a mylan 25mcg patch between cheek and gums an hour before i had to go to PT figured it wasnt enough 45min later so i started to chew it then put another 1/4 piece in let it set between cheek and gum half and hour later i started to chew it felt the effects in about 30min. just woke up from a i have no idea how long nod with the patch still in mouth. these def dont last 8 hours i couldnt have been "out of it" for more than an hour or so maybe i actually fell asleep and the high wore off?

ill try that tomorrow. i thought you werent supposed to chew it. i am dope sick as a mother fucker today but im not breaking my 4 day a week using rule. wtf the wd sets in so quick with this stuff. on second thought i might have to use today cause i cant be running to the bathroom every 20mins during class. how long does the wd last. i would assume max 3 days cause of the short half life