• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

fentanyl patch 25mcg will it be enough?

pillman1224

Bluelighter
its funny when i came into this stuff i was asking questions because i had i low tolerance. well i am at a point now where it takes about 120mgs of broken up/chewed mscontin to catch a good nod. will simply applying this patch on be enough to catch a buzz. how long after applying the patch (assuming i dont feel anything or i am not where i want be) can i apply a heating pad. increasing the dose wont be too much of an issue if needed i have access to patches (non gel) ranging from 25mcg-100mcg. on a side note i have been kinda "stocking up" on percs recently how long of a tolerance break should i need after taking fent a few times to wear say 20mgs of oxycodone gets me off? and please save the "once you have tried fent all other opiates are useless" i now this is not true. thanks

also after i used the patch ( i plan on leaving it on for three full days) what would be a safe amount of the used patch to chew on. i was think like a 1/4 is that right.

can a mod move this over to OD i feel it would be better suited there as there seems to be no takers here thanks.

I tried taking one of these sublingually the other week and it didn't do shit. It was a 1.28mg patch (I split in half, and took the second two hours later when i didn't feel shit). I thought the transdermal patch would work just fine sublingually but it didn't. It was only supposed to be something like 25mcg per hour if used properly so that didn't interest me.

As you have more than one patch I would put it on and see how you feel. It takes about 12-18 hours to peak so put it on in the morning so you don't put it on and go to sleep and have it be too much

If you start feeling dizzy or really nauseous/vomiting take it off. Otherwise leave it and see how you feel. It's very hard for other people to tell you what exActly you need to feel high

Chewing used patches is pointless. Chewing or buccal use of a fresh piece of patch can be good but it's brand dependent. Some work great and some do nothing due to the differences in matrix construction

Heating pad/ hair dryer increases how fast the fentanyl is absorbed. Again if you have extra patches I would just wear one starting at the lowest, see what that does. If it doesn't do much after a FULL 24 hours remove it, wait at least 8 hours and then try a higher dose one. (If you wore the first for 72 hours you probably don't have to wait the 8 or so hours. I only say that cause fentanyl pools under the skin and is released even after patch removal )

That's pretty much fentanyl patch 101. I liked buccal use back when sandoz nongel ones were out pre 2013. My tolerance did get very high. When I was withdrawing I took over 120 mg roxy and it barely took away any wd. When I started the fentanyl I only had about 50-60 mg oxy habit.

Be safe

As you have more than one patch I would put it on and see how you feel. It takes about 12-18 hours to peak so put it on in the morning so you don't put it on and go to sleep and have it be too much

If you start feeling dizzy or really nauseous/vomiting take it off. Otherwise leave it and see how you feel. It's very hard for other people to tell you what exActly you need to feel high

Chewing used patches is pointless. Chewing or buccal use of a fresh piece of patch can be good but it's brand dependent. Some work great and some do nothing due to the differences in matrix construction

Heating pad/ hair dryer increases how fast the fentanyl is absorbed. Again if you have extra patches I would just wear one starting at the lowest, see what that does. If it doesn't do much after a FULL 24 hours remove it, wait at least 8 hours and then try a higher dose one. (If you wore the first for 72 hours you probably don't have to wait the 8 or so hours. I only say that cause fentanyl pools under the skin and is released even after patch removal )

That's pretty much fentanyl patch 101. I liked buccal use back when sandoz nongel ones were out pre 2013. My tolerance did get very high. When I was withdrawing I took over 120 mg roxy and it barely took away any wd. When I started the fentanyl I only had about 50-60 mg oxy habit.

Be safe

i know that we dont allow brand discussion but i feel it is in the best intrest of HR considering the drug at hand. i currently have in my possession 1 mylan 25mcg patch and 1 mallinckrodt 25mcgs that malli contains a little more (no idea why would that be) the next step assuming the mylan doesnt get me off would that extra few hundred micro grams in malli patch get me off or should i change and go for the full 50mcg. i am not so worried about ODing as i am raising my tolerance. thanks for the response btw i thought would get buried in the anals of OD

The one I used to love to use buccally was discontinued. Probably because of that lol. I can't remember the brand of my second favorite only that it was a clear patch, not tan colored. I had 75 mcg/hr and 100 mcg/hr and I would cut a patch into about 10 strips and use one at a time. That was the best method for buccal I found through my trial and error

Using as directed, if one patch at 25 mcg/hr doesn't do anything it's unlikely the other will. Yes the brands have different total amounts of fentanyl but they are still supposed to release at the same micrograms per hour. Usually there is still a little left after the 72 hours of use ...I imagine that's to prevent ups and downs of fentanyl in the blood level of pain patients

In some of the 100 mcg patches there is a 3 mg difference in total fentanyl between brands (just some trivia for you). But under the FDA standards they still have to release at the same mcg per hour. But I know a lady on PM and some brands last her almost 4 days and some barely 3

Yeah I saw no one had answered. Probably because you're asking a question that is almost impossible for someone to tell you "how much do you need". That's really an individual question, plus for HR purposes no one is going to say "yeah slap on a 50 mcg to start", follow me? That's why I answered though, I have a good bit of experience with the matrix (nongel) patches

Don't use on a daily basis if you don't want to raise tolerance. Use a patch then take a break.

Oh one more thing--if you remove the patch for any reason don't bother trying to put it back on. Something happens to the membrane and it won't work when put back on, no matter if you tape it or anything. If you remove one, about the only thing you can do then is cut up and use pieces in your gums . Or toss it (lol but most opiate friendly people would never...) I'm just saying I know at times ppl think they can wear a day, take off, wear a day....it doesn't work. There is still fentanyl in it but the way it transfers to skin gets destroyed

Again, be safe

The one I used to love to use buccally was discontinued. Probably because of that lol. I can't remember the brand of my second favorite only that it was a clear patch, not tan colored. I had 75 mcg/hr and 100 mcg/hr and I would cut a patch into about 10 strips and use one at a time. That was the best method for buccal I found through my trial and error

Using as directed, if one patch at 25 mcg/hr doesn't do anything it's unlikely the other will. Yes the brands have different total amounts of fentanyl but they are still supposed to release at the same micrograms per hour. Usually there is still a little left after the 72 hours of use ...I imagine that's to prevent ups and downs of fentanyl in the blood level of pain patients

In some of the 100 mcg patches there is a 3 mg difference in total fentanyl between brands (just some trivia for you). But under the FDA standards they still have to release at the same mcg per hour. But I know a lady on PM and some brands last her almost 4 days and some barely 3

Yeah I saw no one had answered. Probably because you're asking a question that is almost impossible for someone to tell you "how much do you need". That's really an individual question, plus for HR purposes no one is going to say "yeah slap on a 50 mcg to start", follow me? That's why I answered though, I have a good bit of experience with the matrix (nongel) patches

Don't use on a daily basis if you don't want to raise tolerance. Use a patch then take a break.

Oh one more thing--if you remove the patch for any reason don't bother trying to put it back on. Something happens to the membrane and it won't work when put back on, no matter if you tape it or anything. If you remove one, about the only thing you can do then is cut up and use pieces in your gums . Or toss it (lol but most opiate friendly people would never...) I'm just saying I know at times ppl think they can wear a day, take off, wear a day....it doesn't work. There is still fentanyl in it but the way it transfers to skin gets destroyed

Again, be safe

ok thanks for your responses. and i am sorry to bother you with this but i have one more question would some Johnson and Johnson medical tape be enough to hold this on my skin. especially since i shower 1-2x per day. and other question again sorry for the bother but when dealing with something that can be fatal in mcg doses i just want to know. have you had experience with heating the patch with a heat pad. say after 2-4 hours of not feeling anything how long should i apply a heating pad on high for? ignore the bad grammar i just woke up from a 11 hour xanax nap. shit ill probably have another q for you in a minute thanks for your help.

Never bothered heating it. It worked fine either worn or buccally. Heating it increases how fast it absorbs I believe.

Yes medical tape will hold it on, provided it's a fresh patch with the normal adhesive and you are just taping it down as a backup so it doesn't come off. I've done that, I know some people scripted them who also tape--because yes showers/swimming/water does make it not stick as well when relying on the adhesive itself.

It's no bother. Sorry I didn't answer for awhile I was at work on a long shift yesterday. I honestly wouldn't be messing with heat and all that unless it was like my only patch and after 1 day it wasn't doing anything. Remember they take hours to reach full bloodstream saturation. The drug pools in your skin and is slowly released into the bloodstream. That's why, if you feel at all like you did too much obviously take it off, but have someone watch you because you can get higher even after you remove it

The first time I wore a whole 75 mcg I didn't have enough tolerance and dumb me didn't think about cutting it...fast forward 6 hours I got nauseous...head achy...dizzy a little. Didn't want to waste it and take it off plus I wasn't 100% sure it was the patch. Another half hour and I had uncontrolled vomiting. I was at work. I immediately went to bathroom and removed it. I still threw up several times for the next hour and a half before I started feeling better...

Never bothered heating it. It worked fine either worn or buccally. Heating it increases how fast it absorbs I believe.

Yes medical tape will hold it on, provided it's a fresh patch with the normal adhesive and you are just taping it down as a backup so it doesn't come off. I've done that, I know some people scripted them who also tape--because yes showers/swimming/water does make it not stick as well when relying on the adhesive itself.

It's no bother. Sorry I didn't answer for awhile I was at work on a long shift yesterday. I honestly wouldn't be messing with heat and all that unless it was like my only patch and after 1 day it wasn't doing anything. Remember they take hours to reach full bloodstream saturation. The drug pools in your skin and is slowly released into the bloodstream. That's why, if you feel at all like you did too much obviously take it off, but have someone watch you because you can get higher even after you remove it

The first time I wore a whole 75 mcg I didn't have enough tolerance and dumb me didn't think about cutting it...fast forward 6 hours I got nauseous...head achy...dizzy a little. Didn't want to waste it and take it off plus I wasn't 100% sure it was the patch. Another half hour and I had uncontrolled vomiting. I was at work. I immediately went to bathroom and removed it. I still threw up several times for the next hour and a half before I started feeling better...

ok all your info is much appreciated. so if ain't satisfied after a day ill try 1-2 hours of heat. if that dont work well then ill go for the 50mcg patch. that sound reasonable?

put it on about 30min ago. i couldnt shower (didnt feel like it but am in an hour or two) so i rubbed a scorching hot wet towel on skin above heart to open pours. then went over said area with my straight razor until it was almost to the point of bleeding. put it on and had a heat pad on high on for 15min. fingers crossed i actually feel something.

rather than start a new thread on the same topic i figured i have a good dialogue going with crzydiamond so ill continue in this thread. my guy cant find the 50mcg patches but has 75mcg, 85mcg, and 100mcg. i dont think they make 85mcg so it could be something else. anywho if its non gel is it ok to cut a 100mcg in half and make it a 50mcg. i have had the fucking 25mcg on for 4 hours and barely feel shit. dont worry im not gonna redose and i know they can take a while but damn i thought id feel something by now.

edit- never mind about the 85mcg they are aprepitant (prevents nausea from chemotherapy)

Yes you can cut a 100mcg in half to be a 50 mcg.

Yeah I was going to say I never heard of 85

It takes up to 24 hours to hit full effect from patches. Usually in my experience they kind of start kicking in around 3-4 hours where i felt some but not full effect. Usually by 8-10 hours I could feel it.

That's why I always recommend putting it on in the morning and not at night cause you don't want to put it on, fall asleep for 8 hours and OD in your sleep.

With a tolerance you may need more than a 25. Wearing a 25 kept me out of wd when I had a moderate habit. B
75 mcg with a low tolerance was way too much, but at a time when i had a bigger habit I could wear a 75 mcg and feel good. It's all individual and you're best to start low and work up. And give it time to kick in!!

Yeah its REAL easy to OD on these things. Before work one day I strapped on a 75mcg Duragesic gel patch (my work caused me very bad back pain and got cut up on arms and hands daily). I started it at 7 am and went into to work at 9. ( note: this is with barely above no opiate tolerance- stupid I know) at 2 o'clock (7 hours from when I put it on) I had started to OD and had to go home. Well funny story, I was not only high as balls but I also looked pale as a fucking ghost and had to walk 2 miles home because I did not have a ride that day!!! It really takes some getting used to to find your sweet spot with these things. The next day I had somewhat of a higher tolerance and strapped it on for 8 hours. I made sure as hell that I took it off after that point. I had hit the sweet spot. I felt absolutely great, mega constricted pupils, almost anesthetic levels of analgesia. Not only does fentanyl have a relatively long half-life but the fact that there is still some absorbing after the patch is removed makes it difficult to gauge and by the time you start to OD; Its too late.

ok cool im getting some 100mcgs tommorow ill let ya know what brand if that makes a difference and i hope i'm not inconviencing you i do appreciate you taking time out of your day to help me. so if 50mcg isnt enough i guess move up to 75mcg? btw and i should have mentioned this before but i rely on benzos for sleep so out of the three what is safest when taking fent in your opinion. 1) 6-8oz of vodka and a 30mg temazepam 2) 3mg xanax 3) 6mg of klonopin. since i havent noticed too much respitory depression i went with 6mg kolo tonight. but for nights when i am wearing a 50mcg patch or higher what would be the safest to get some sleep without sleeping forever i am only asking this because if i dont get minimum of 7 hours sleep i cant function the next day? thanks sorry for the bad grammar the kpins must be kicking in.

i just posted this might i ask why there is an immogie in front of eight oz

ok so it is day 2 of wearing this and it is just barely keeping my withdrawal away if i take it off tomorrow morning i am assuming there will be a little left within the patch so how much should i chew 1/4.

edit- fuck it would chewing the whole one i have been wearing even get me a buzz

Last edited: