• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Fentanyl Megathread and FAQ

Fentanyl is an amazing pain killer and it's extremely high transdermal BA is a plus, too bad the delivery systems are so flimsy. Very glad about mostly matrix patches dominating the market now.[/QUOTE

Hi Tri!
Why do you prefer the matrix patches over the gel type? I've tried both, and feel the latter is way more effective for me.
Thanks, and sorry if you have already addressed this somewhere on here, haven't been able to read whole thread:)

hey, this is kind of a vague question but.. for someone who gets a pretty decent buzz off say 40mg oxynorm ir snorted plus a few bars (although could easily go as high as 60mg or 80mg - i mean i'm not nodding out on 40mg, just feeling good, and also note that's oxynorm, 40mg of regular oxycontin is a pretty average buzz for me), how long could i make a 25mcg patch last me?

believe it or not fentanyl was the first opiate i ever tried and a 100mcg patch at that. me and my friend cut off tiny strips and rubbed them on our gums and once it set in it was one of the best highs of my life. i've had morphine and fentanyl in hospital as well and doctors are always pointing out how much it takes to put me under (had a shoulder that constantly dislocated, long story). point is i do have an opiate tolerance, although it's not from huge daily usage.

if i did happen to come across a 25mcg patch, could i do the same thing and cut it up into small strips and rub it on my gums? it's so hard to figure out what the equivalent dosage of doing that would be to oxycodone. the reason i ask is that these things cost a pretty penny as i'm sure everyone knows and i'd like to be able to get my moneys worth.

edit: just found the chart a few pages back. so an entire 25mcg patch is only worth 20-70mg of oxycodone? that doesn't seem like much at all? what's all this talk about how dangerous it is?

Last edited:
yeah, you can certainly cut it into strips again. i'd cut it into quarters and start with one. let it sit on your cheek for 15-20mins to establish effects. if it starts to get heavy then take the adhesive out immediately.

but so will a quarter of a 25mcg patch be a similar high to 40mg oxynorm snorted or stronger. because obviously i'd be paying more than i'd pay for oxy, but i can't get my hands on any at the moment and i also would like to try fentanyl again because i fucking loved it the first time i tried it. back then i did way less than a quarter of the 100mcg patch though, i cut a strip off the size of like a suboxone film. my opiate tolerance back then was zero though.

it's really hard to figure this out.

fent_patch.gif

ok, so but this is for a daily dosage, which i'm assuming means this is how much you would take if you were accustomed to taking 30-67mg of oxycodone spread out throughout a day instead of in a single dose, because the idea is that the fentanyl is going to be released slowly. so i guess i have to consider my method of administration? if i'm rubbing 1/4th of a 25mcg patch on my gums, that's 6.25mcg being released relatively instantaneous, which is only 0.006mg of fentanyl, which is hardly anything right? i'm so confused.

basically i'm just saying that if i'm dropping almost double what i'd be paying for oxy, i'd want to be able to have twice as much, as in if 80mg lasts me two days of fun, then i'd want paying a 25mcg patch to last me roughly three to four days of fun.

i know that any second now someone's going to pop in and say "if you can't figure it out then you shouldn't bother".

argh this is so frustrating! dying for help here.

edit: now i'm getting somewhere! a 25mcg fentanyl patch contains 2.5mg of fentanyl which is the equivalent of 500mg of oxycodone which is obviously a lot. so i think it's safe to say if i cut off a quarter and rubbed it on my gums or smoked it, i would be sufficiently fucked up.

not sure if this helps anyone else, but there we go.

Last edited:
I have been taking taking methadone for a lite over a week straight. I started at 30mg & gradually went to 60mg, which my last dose of this was yesterday morning at about 9am. I have not done any other opiates but I'm still not comfortable. I came across an 100mcg fentanyl patch. I used to either do these bucally or rectally. ( they're the gel ones ) if I were to use the patch bucally or rectally 24hrs after my last dose of methadone would it have any effect? Would it get me high at all? I know these two drugs can be potentially dangerous, and I have read things saying that. But does anyone have an actual experience to this, that could give me some insight on whether the gel from the patch would give me a high, using a bucal or rectal ROA? I would be doing this today, so any responses will be greatly appreciated. Thank you && happy thanksgiving :)

I have a 50mcg duragesic for pain control and recently all the pharmacies in my area switched from smallish rectangle patches with a harder plastic back that was split down the middle (think it was Watson) to some awful new brand that's long and rounded at the edges made by Actavis, and the new kind suck. The adhesive wears off quickly, the patch releases too much too soon and then wears out too fast so by the middle of day 2 in a 3 day cycle I'm getting breakthrough pain and by the next morning am a wreck. Also, the freaking things are giving me skin lesions all around the edges. So I have a couple questions: is there anything can do except plaster other tape over the things like the world's worst holiday present to try to keep them on better, and is this happening to anyone else, especially the sores part? Also, what if anything is the best waay to try to squeeze the last drops out of these for a quicker hit right before go to bed on the last night to try to knock self out till the next day when can change the patch (I have a high tolerance, been on patch for years now along with percs which take anywhere from 45mg-60mg/day). All I know is that I want to find whoever designed these Actavis patches and make them eat a roll of duct tape

Last edited:
Just a quick question. I'm pretty sure I know the answer already but I'm kind of in a fuck-it mood. I've got a Duragesic 50mcg. Right now I'm on .5mg klonopin that I'm rx'd. Truthfully I haven't done opiates in a while though I used to bang H quite heavily. Like in the last two months all I've done is bang a OC 40 and drank a bottle of Hydromet. Long story short does anyone think it's possible for me to take even the smallest amount possible bucally or orally and be alright or is that pretty much a death wish? I'm not trying to OD I just feel like mental ass right now.

Just wondering about nasal spray ( home made ) .. anyone know what others may be doing to use a 100mcg gel patch and a 16.5g spray bottle -- I wear my patches now 4 many many years n pain relief is the best i have ever had !

I know the large companies r coming out with new ones and have a few preservatives in them and / or more powdery substance ...

Is water n the gel good enough ?
any one have luck using saline water instead or adding thur own preservative ?

any advice on measure ments --

the 16.5 g spray has 120 metered doses/ actuations

thx 4 any advice my friends

respect

Alright so I've acquired a generic brand transdermal patch 25 ug / hour for 72 hours. Since the patch has 2.5 mg of fentanyl dispersed evenly, I'm thinking of cutting it into 9 pieces so that I each piece will have about 278 ug. After reading through various websites (including this one) that should be equivalent (sublingually) to about 20 mg of oxycodone. Can someone confirm this?

Also, would this be a good dose for someone with zero tolerance? I used to take 20 mg of oxycodone with zero tolerance and had no problems.

So, I came across a few boxes of expired duragesic 50ug transdermal patches (the gel ones). After doing a lot of research, I decided to go ahead and give them ago. I haven't worn them, only because when I initially open the package, there is visible gel leaked out of the patch. I know that this has accounted for several fatal OD's, and I understand that once you wear a patch it takes awhile to work/get out of your system.

My tolerance is between 60-110 mg oral oxycodone daily for about 5 months, but have been using for over a year.

So I decided to start sublingual/buccal administration. At first, I put a tiny dot onto a q tip and rubbed it on my gums. nothing. I did this a few more times, and felt a slight buzz, but nothing pronounced. The next day, I cut the strips up and put them under my tougne and let the gel ooze out. I did this with out swallowing for around 20 min- 1 hour and got noticible effects, but nothing compared to oxy. I don't smoke or inject.

Is there a better way to utilize the gel in the old patches? Also, since they are expired, is it possible that they have lost potency?

Okay, I have a fentanyl nasal spray. It contains 10ml at 1.58mg/ml.
I must have used most of it up because I had to repeatedly depress the nozzle thing to get even a tiny, weak spray out. Stupidly, I unscrewed the top and peered inside. Still I saw either nothing so I (again, very stupidly) decided to put the hole at the top of the little bottle (with the nasal off,the hole was almost too big to fit into a nostril) and tip my head back snorting in what was left.

Well, it was more than I thought! Probably >1ml but no more than 2ml. So I probably got 1.58-3mg fentanyl in one go.

I have a pretty high tolerance to opiates and can take 300mg of OxyContin (even with small doses xanax on top) a day no problem and have often as much as around 120-150mg in a half hour period.

Anyway, the amount of fentanyl I ingested is the equivalent of 79mg to 150mg (I'd say POSSIBLY, though unlikely, an extreme most of 175mg). << Those numbers are the equivalent dose in Oxycodone, by the way, because oxy is my usual drug of choice.
I had taken 30mg ocycodone and 0.5mg xanax prior to this.

It's about 20 minutes later now and while I can feel I am very much under the influence of opiates (slow movements, slow everything, tiredness) I'm only nodding very slightly and it's not hard to keep keep eyes open. I've made more spelling/grammatical errors than usual, I have had the wherewithal to correct them. I have also been able to type this fairly long post rationally and logically.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Will I be okay with my tolerance and the smount of time that has passed

Last edited:
Well Oxy8, i just chill to say you slow the fucking things down, everday you post things you do with the fucking fentanyl, and they're too risky..Be fucking careful please, i don't know you personal, but i can say for sure, if you continue doing these fuckin shady "expirements" with the fent, smth bad will happen..i know that you've got a high tolerance, but don't forget that fent is not oxy. And i don't mean about the potency, but i mean that fent won't gives you signs that the OD is coming, and that's why a lot of people fuckin OD...Stick on the oxy with the xanax, i'm sure it can make you as high as you want, leave the fucking fent out before it's too late..
With concerns...

MartinFn

The last 2 weeks i've had the option (and tried) the Mylan, Activas, and Watson brand so far and i must say the mylans are the best so far.