• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Fentanyl Megathread and FAQ

Quick personal story and advice. Advice? STAY AWAY, WAY AWAY!

Story: Had a nice little relationship with opiates, 2-3 pills at night, I was cool. Managed it, never hurt anyone.

Then, source ran out, and i wasn't a guy that could con dr into any, expecially now that they are all freaked out to even prescribe em cause govt threatens their license all the damn time now.

So, sought out other sources, pills are EXPENSIVE. Switched to heroin briefly just to save $ even tho i hated the idea of it. Never got much off heroin, now i admit I am not an IV guy, i just smoke everything. In retrospect, probably the only way i am alive today.

Anyways, somehow was led to the line of, look at this stuff! WAY more potent, only $40 and will last a LONG time. Nasal spray? Squirt on the go. Well, that is pretty much all i needed, i figured hey, this seems great. This was before all this fent stuff came public and whatnot. I just wanted a better high for cheap, and was a moron so i went in.

To make a long story short, a 6 year nice little buzz never hurt anyone pill habit is where I was. in about 6 months on Fent, just got worse and worse. Was smoking the stuff and snorting it, whatever. Kept going until I wasn't even functional, would fall over passed out all the time. For the first time in 24 years, a drug had gotten the best of me, and was completely gone on the stuff.

I remember if i ran out, remember when 2-3 pills would do the trick? Yeah, it would take me about 50 vikes or whatever to combat the sickness, NOT TO EVEN GET HIGH mind you, just not to get sick. I remember getting morphine 80's, would have to take about 20 of them a day just to not get sick.

All due to fent, i wasn't even getting high anymore was the worst part. I was just doing it to try to survive and not get sick at that point. The fun was LOOOOONG gone.

Finally got taken to the hospital, similar to Price, was clinically dead, but I woke up, I was lucky.

Good news? Because of that stuff, i find it rather easy not doing another opiate in my life, and have no cravings really. Why? Because i lived that end result. NO WAY am i ever going back there again.

It's sad they are lining heroin with the stuff, and a reminder why u should NEVER inject trash heroin. Of course i tell people its 2017, why are u using crappy drug dealers anymore, we got the internets now! Much more reliable with quality and not getting ripped off and all that.

So yeah, stay away from the stuff. If u think, hey its more powerful, that's great, right? Well, i say, sort of, but it comes with a HUGE price. Once u go that route, opiates will never be fun again, it will be what u have to do to survive, IF you survive.

Please, don't do the stuff, trust me. .02

And if you are shooting heroin and getting it off the streets, can't trust it anymore, HAVE to figure it has fent in it now. So either start REAL small, or better yet, smoke it instead and don't die. Easy for me to say I know, so glad i wsa never a needle guy, thank God.

Hey all. Just had a discectomy. They gave me Demerol. Dilaudid and fentanyl. It was around 6 hrs ago. I was prescribed Percocet for breakthrough pain. I've been going to a methadone center for about ten years and I follow the methadone treatment like it's supposed to be. Never took any illicits since I've been there. So total tee totaler here. No alcohol. No pot. Nothing. I usually take my methadone now since I have a third shift schedule. It's around midnight now. Am I ok to take my dose six hours after having all that stuff? I am really hurting but I don't wanna take any percocets if I can keep from it. Please someone help me out. Thanks all

I would say yes. but you're best off asking the doctor at the clinic.

good luck on the discectomy recovery. I had one and it took about 7 months for the pain to stop, i thought it didn't work but now my back has never been better

Really hope this isn't against the rules but I copied my first post from the new members section into what might be a more suitable thread. I am new so bear with me guys.

I want to talk about a topic I don't see anyone talking about. On a side note I am a former dealer that has been out of the game for many years, I was mid level, not the guy you call for your fix. So I have a open mind on how the real world works.

So the topic I am bringing up deals with fentynol, a drug created in 1959 and also a drug that no one heard about until fairly recently. Sure some people knew about it but not like it is known today with it being front page news almost daily. I wonder if the weed legalization in certain places in the west has made big corporations, pharmaceutical companies and large retail chains looking to make more profit might be the very reason for this whole epidemic.

Why did I come to this conclusion? When it was first making the news I thought back to the prohibition era in the 1920's and how that all ended, one of the biggest reasons to end it was because drinkers were dying from an unregulated product. The argument then was to legalize, tax and regulate it to make it safer for the community. Fentynol is having this very same effect. Do a quick google search and you now see that mainstream news is posting articles about full legalization as a measure of harm reduction. BC has a prescription heroin program that is small of course but seems like a way to back up legalization talks in the future with a proven case study.

Big pharma is big money with it's tentacles in every aspect of government, I am talking real power to manipulate newspapers, law enforcement, intelligence agency's the works. We know that over the past decade the rise of oxy and the money it made them, but now good luck getting prescribed for pain meds these days. Is it too far fetched to think they might come up with a way to get drugs legalized? To increase profits in a magnitude the likes they have never seen before? I think oxy wet their beak so to speak, so they looked at the past and devised a way to change public perception on the war on drugs. No other way would have worked. It would have been another 50 years before you read any article even remotely talking about legalization of hard drugs.

I have always been for legalization and I don't even use opiates, I just use common sense. But whenever the media start beating their drums on a subject you should always try to see the agenda being put forth. Mainstream media is owned by large corporations, they don't need to lie but they can focus on something that you talk about and think on. You see it all the time and then you come to the conclusion that something must be done now. I think within 2 years you will see a radical change on drug policy in the west. It's just sad that they went about it in this manner.

I would like to hear your thoughts on this, seems like a lot of talk about the dangers of this drug but not much talk about why in the past few years it has exploded on the scene.

Since I wrote that silly shit, I have given it up. Did an amazing low dose Sub replacemnt -taper pland and now regret even thinking about why I was really planning to plug fent

I have a 60-120mg a day oxycodone habit and just came into a 50mcg per hour mallinckrodt non gel fent patch. I cut it into 1/32 pieces to place in my cheek. One i left for 10 minutes, the next i just chewed. I feel nothing tho, should I try another and am I dosing too low?

With an oxy habit like that you could do a quarter. Yea it's good to be safe but those non gel ones suck. At least the gel you can vape tiny dots. Plus the oral ba sucks and buccal isn't great either. Just stick it to your gums. I would prob eat the whole thing but that's me.. I once co sumed the gel from a 25mcg patch, spread on my gums, was going about the same AMT of oxy 100 to 160 and it didn't do a ton. Fent sucks unless you can get a safe amp to shoot

Hello.
(First, I'm very new to the site and so my posting etiquette may be less than ideal. Constructive critiques are welcome. Moving on)

I used to get the Mallinckrodt brand of patch. I preferred them to the gel-containing type, but that's just me.
When I used to use those, my method was pretty simple- I would chew the actual matrix (adhesive/drug containing part) of the patch after removing it from the backing.
I would cut a piece (say, 1/8 of it, but dosage is your business- Use caution!).
I would remove the backing, then I'd pinch and pull from the edge of the piece, causing the stretchy glue side to pull apart from the not stretchy backing.
Once you get that started, one can easily peal the glue (drug containing) side apart from the (essentially useless) backing sheet.
I would then simply shew the glue like a tiny piece of gum,trying not to swallow, but really it wont hurt you to swallow and I don't think you lose much of the drug itself if you do swallow, but try not to swallow too often.

Now, due to insurance changes causing me to lose my pain management doctor and the prescription I had been on I have had to switch to the Mylan brand, which is also a FLAT non-gel format.
Unfortunately the adhesive (good) part doesn't pull apart like it did with the Mallinckrodt- in fact, the whole thing just stretches, backing and all.
This isn't really a major issue though.
With the Mylan I find that the stretching at least increases the overall surface area of the patch portion so you gan get at the sweet nectar withing more easily.
The first time I tried chewing the Mylan I was a bit concerned that it may not work like my old brand did.
While it feels different to chew on (a bit less gummy) it works the same way. It took about 30-40 minutes before I could fell the effect, and once it kicked-in it was pretty much exactly the same as the old Mallinckrodt. Just chew it for a good hour (or more even) to insure that you're getting everything out of it.
DO NOT GET IMPATIENT and take more before you've given it a good hour to kick in. If you take too much you cannot take it back!

Note: Fentanyl is a very potent and clean medication, so you won't necessarily feel the same effects as it comes on as you do with other opioid medications! You may feel next to nothing until- WHAM! you're quite suddenly itching and nearly nod out.
By comparrison, drugs like heroin have a lot of "scenery" between sober and wasted, meaning you really feel yourself getting higher and higher.
Fentanyl is NOT that way due to it being a clean and potent drug.
Because of this, it may not be as "fun" as other drugs in this class, but it's still VERY effective for pain and relief of the WDs.
I think this is part of why a lot of people say they don't feel anything when taking fentanyl using any method, until they do. If you get impatient and take too much, you can easily overdose. Don't do that, okay?

Any way to verify that my "lofentanil" is actually that?
With the dosages required, idk, it seems like it'd be more potent.

I can find a ton of information on fentanyl transdermal patch to other opiods conversions however nothing for nasal spray. i.e. how much a one time hit should be calculated at.

I have a Takeda pharma 5ml, 40 spray, 200microgram dose fentanyl nose spray.

What is the strength in oxycodon, of one dose of the above mentioned spray? My usual IR oral oxycodon dose is 120mg-140mg (3-4times a day) and I am trying to work out a safe starting dose, I obviously want to start slow before getting acquainted and finding my sweet spot.

I can find a ton of information on fentanyl transdermal patch to other opiods conversions however nothing for nasal spray. i.e. how much a one time hit should be calculated at.

I have a Takeda pharma 5ml, 40 spray, 200microgram dose fentanyl nose spray.

What is the strength in oxycodon, of one dose of the above mentioned spray? My usual IR oral oxycodon dose is 120mg-140mg (3-4times a day) and I am trying to work out a safe starting dose, I obviously want to start slow before getting acquainted and finding my sweet spot.

It can vary quite a bit, but you can find a opioid equivalence table very easily online by googling it..

If trust than far more than asking the question on here..

unfortunately, as i mentioned, i can only find conversions for transdermal or IV/IM fent. I cannot find information regarding nasal use, neither is the nasal BA listed on the first page of the thread. Maybe I just dont know the correct terminology... could you kindly link me to a converter with nasal fent on there?

unfortunately, as i mentioned, i can only find conversions for transdermal or IV/IM fent. I cannot find information regarding nasal use, neither is the nasal BA listed on the first page of the thread. Maybe I just dont know the correct terminology... could you kindly link me to a converter with nasal fent on there?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/18728103/

Intranasal bioavailability of fent is around 89% but can vary by as much as 30% of that figure

So take IV or transdermal fent as having a BA of 100% and do the conversion to oxycodone and then multiply by 0.89.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/18728103/

Intranasal bioavailability of fent is around 89% but can vary by as much as 30% of that figure

So take IV or transdermal fent as having a BA of 100% and do the conversion to oxycodone and then multiply by 0.89.

thanks - this helped a lot with the nasal BA. Will start with one spray which is easily safe even accounting for 100% BA, will then judge from that whether the next time I dose I will start with two sprays. Would the half-life of nasal fent be similar to IV/IM?

thanks - this helped a lot with the nasal BA. Will start with one spray which is easily safe even accounting for 100% BA, will then judge from that whether the next time I dose I will start with two sprays. Would the half-life of nasal fent be similar to IV/IM?

Good..I'm glad it helped.

As for the half life, once the drug is in your system, the half life is the same for all ROAs. Obviously intranasal will take a bit longer to get into your bloodstream than IV but only a few minutes. Once it's there it will decay in the same way.

Its good practice to assume 100% BA then you're always erring on the side of caution.

Good..I'm glad it helped.

As for the half life, once the drug is in your system, the half life is the same for all ROAs. Obviously intranasal will take a bit longer to get into your bloodstream than IV but only a few minutes. Once it's there it will decay in the same way.

Its good practice to assume 100% BA then you're always erring on the side of caution.

Thanks, clear as day!

Can the fake blue roxy pressed fent pills be vaporized off foil like the real roxys can? A friend of mine recently got sold some fakes that match the description the the fake pressed fents that have been going around. He has experience with fent but doesn't wanna o.d. so he wants to guage the potency if its possible for them to be smoked off foil? Any thoughts? Thanks. I want to make sure he is as safe as possible.

Can the fake blue roxy pressed fent pills be vaporized off foil like the real roxys can? A friend of mine recently got sold some fakes that match the description the the fake pressed fents that have been going around. He has experience with fent but doesn't wanna o.d. so he wants to guage the potency if its possible for them to be smoked off foil? Any thoughts? Thanks. I want to make sure he is as safe as possible.

We can't speculate as to the contents of the pills if they are indeed fakes, but if they are fent, or even a small portion of them are, this would be a very, very bad idea. I'd dispose of them immediately, myself.