• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Fentanyl Megathread and FAQ

Fentanyl in a pump

Has anyone ever tried removing Fentanyl from a pain pump with a syringe? And I have 2 Fentanyl (75) patch dated 2011, think it's any good?

Yes Johnny Trusnt, you will have withdrawal symptoms. I'm on 100 mcg/72 hrs and always change my patch before I go to bed. If I forget to change it, by morning I'm in withdrawal and SICK AF! Quitting Fentanyl cold turkey is dangerous. You could have a stroke, seizures and many other dangerous things. I don't know what your situation is, but I would try to dose down slowly. Whatever you choose, be careful

Yes Johnny Trusnt, you will have withdrawal symptoms. I'm on 100 mcg/72 hrs and always change my patch before I go to bed. If I forget to change it, by morning I'm in withdrawal and SICK AF! Quitting Fentanyl cold turkey is dangerous. You could have a stroke, seizures and many other dangerous things. I don't know what your situation is, but I would try to dose down slowly. Whatever you choose, be careful

Really?

I had no idea that quitting Fentanyl cold turkey was known to cause strokes, seizures, and "many other dangerous things". Can you explain to me HOW this happens? I mean, I already understand how quitting alcohol, benzo's, or barbs for example could cause similar symptoms....but not Fentanyl.

And since I am currently prescribed Fentanyl, it concerns me that I have not yet heard about these problems arising from going CT.

^As is the case with any cold turkey, even off a relatively small habit like 60 mg of oxycodone a day, your body is taking a beating. This can precipitate many medical conditions to which your body may be prone to suffering. Now a large fentanyl dose is a harsh withdrawal, so it's no doubt it will tax your body even more.

It's pretty simple concept, all opiate withdrawal increases blood pressure and pulse rate. Both of which will put you at greater risk for strokes, heart attacks, internal hemorrhages, etc. I'm not too sure about seizures, but if someone does have a history of them, then going through opioid w/d surely could be a cause for one to occur.

All this is hence why things like benzos and alpha-2 adrenergic agonists like clonidine almost must have for a really harsh kick like coming off a large fentanyl habit.

^As is the case with any cold turkey, even off a relatively small habit like 60 mg of oxycodone a day, your body is taking a beating. This can precipitate many medical conditions to which your body may be prone to suffering. Now a large fentanyl dose is a harsh withdrawal, so it's no doubt it will tax your body even more.

It's pretty simple concept, all opiate withdrawal increases blood pressure and pulse rate. Both of which will put you at greater risk for strokes, heart attacks, internal hemorrhages, etc. I'm not too sure about seizures, but if someone does have a history of them, then going through opioid w/d surely could be a cause for one to occur.

All this is hence why things like benzos and alpha-2 adrenergic agonists like clonidine almost must have for a really harsh kick like coming off a large fentanyl habit.

Ah, so you simply mean that withdrawal can exacerbate or trigger any preexisting conditions someone may have(such as high BP or seizures). THAT, I did know. I guess I just misunderstood the original post on this subject. It sounded to me like FallenAngel72 was saying that WD could DIRECTLY cause these problems. My mistake.....I agree that WD(or ANY extremely stressful situation) has the potential to make any preexisting condition worse.

If I've just opened it can I still wear the he'll patch? It has a home in it but am I still able to just seal the hole and use it? Or is orally the only way?

If I've just opened it can I still wear the he'll patch? It has a home in it but am I still able to just seal the hole and use it? Or is orally the only way?

Can you retype your post please? It's impossible to know exactly what you are talking about, what your problem is, or what question(s) you're asking since your grammar is not very good(no offense). I just want to make sure I understand exactly what you are saying and asking so I can give you the correct/relevant advice. You can use the "edit" function to fix your post without having to write a whole new one.

If I had to guess I would assume you meant to say that you have a Fentanyl patch(probably Duragesic w/ gel reservoir instead of Matrix patch)...of an unknown dosage since you didn't mention the dose level(or your tolerance for that matter)....and you have poked a hole in the patch so you can squeeze the gel out to use in some way other than transdermally....You mentioned "orally" as being a possible only available ROA, but PLEASE don't do that. Taking fentanyl orally is literally one of the worst ways you can take it since it has a HORRIBLE oral BA(this is why it is made into patches to be taken transdermally where it has a 96% BA) and it can also upset your stomach since that gel is not meant to be consumed.
If you must use the gel squeezed thru the hole and cannot wear the patch as prescribed, I would recommend using it buccally. This ROA is around 50% BA if I'm not mistaken, and can cause plenty of euphoria. Just be careful how much gel you apply to your gums/cheek at once, given how potent Fentanyl is.
But if you only have a small hole poked in the gel reservoir, I know from experience that you can probably still wear it transdermally as long as you cover the hole with something that will stay in place and completely block the opening(duct tape maybe). This method is the one I would advise the most because you get a ~96% BA PLUS the patch will last MUCH longer. And if you want to feel more of a "rush" or more euphoria you can simply apply heat(I use a heating pad) to help release more Fentanyl at once....but you gotta be careful and know your tolerance(which as I said you never mentioned anything about your tolerance...so it's impossible to give you advice on how much to take).

Anyway, I'm just guessing at what you said....please clarify your post so I can clarify my answer.
Be careful and have fun!

jB

I have been surfing this website forever to try and find the right thread. Please, I need advice. I had the dope boy (H) come to my spot last night and 3 cops raided him before he pulled into my house approx 20 yards from my driveway and it wasn't obvious where he was going...So, after 2 hours of them playing cat and mouse (I am seeing this go down through my window), they decide to take him in one squad car and the others stay....I figure great, they will tow his car and no backlash on me, right? (Not that I don't care for my man, but nothing I could do for him, he had an outstanding warrant and i'm on probation). Well about 30 minutes goes by and i'm assuming their waiting around for the tow truck but then a detective arrives in his personal vehicle and the first thing he shouts when he gets out of the car is where is the phone!! (I had a window cracked so that's really the only thing I could hear clearly the whole time). About another 10 minutes goes by and all at once, 3 of the cops flash their lights on my house and proceed to walk up to the door...naturally, I wasn't home. They never asked to come in, as a matter of fact, they didn't even knock. From previous experiences and just some personal accounts on related situations, do you think I need to look for a lawyer and prepare for this? He's already booked in county and i don't think he would roll, however i'm sure he always could, I mean everyone has a price, right? But they would go for the big fish right over some junkie on a small sale. BTW the reason why i'm nervous guys is because like a fool, this is all documented through my phone service via phone calls and text messages. Will they come back?

I have been surfing this website forever to try and find the right thread. Please, I need advice. I had the dope boy (H) come to my spot last night and 3 cops raided him before he pulled into my house approx 20 yards from my driveway and it wasn't obvious where he was going...So, after 2 hours of them playing cat and mouse (I am seeing this go down through my window), they decide to take him in one squad car and the others stay....I figure great, they will tow his car and no backlash on me, right? (Not that I don't care for my man, but nothing I could do for him, he had an outstanding warrant and i'm on probation). Well about 30 minutes goes by and i'm assuming their waiting around for the tow truck but then a detective arrives in his personal vehicle and the first thing he shouts when he gets out of the car is where is the phone!! (I had a window cracked so that's really the only thing I could hear clearly the whole time). About another 10 minutes goes by and all at once, 3 of the cops flash their lights on my house and proceed to walk up to the door...naturally, I wasn't home. They never asked to come in, as a matter of fact, they didn't even knock. From previous experiences and just some personal accounts on related situations, do you think I need to look for a lawyer and prepare for this? He's already booked in county and i don't think he would roll, however i'm sure he always could, I mean everyone has a price, right? But they would go for the big fish right over some junkie on a small sale. BTW the reason why i'm nervous guys is because like a fool, this is all documented through my phone service via phone calls and text messages. Will they come back?

I understand why you're nervous...but I'm pretty damn sure you got nothing to worry about. They are not going to arrest a dealer so they can "break him" until he gives up his customers name. The cops are trying to move UP the food chain. Not down.
Plus they have no evidence/proof of a deal going down....bc there was no deal...they busted him before he got to you....which to me shows that they REALLY don't give a shit about his junky customers cuz they could easily have let him serve you first before busting him....but they didn't....cuz you won't benefit them and will only cost the taxpayers money and take up space in jail, plus arresting you would mean a TON of paperwork on top of the paperwork for your dealer(My sis dated a cop for a long time...apparently the paperwork they have to fill out whenever they make an arrest is even more ridiculous than they say in the movies/TV shows).
And also...they probably already arrested one of his customers. That's probably how they got the evidence that got them a warrant to arrest him in the first place.
Trust me...their busy interrogating him right now trying to get him to roll on his suppliers....not his customers.

*Shit...I just found out that this type of discussion is not allowed. My bad.*

Last edited:
any tips on shooting the gel patches? swim cant find a thread so if there is one can someone ling.... now if i just suck up the gel and shoot is that ok.. yes swim understands to be very careful not to od

any tips on shooting the gel patches? swim cant find a thread so if there is one can someone ling.... now if i just suck up the gel and shoot is that ok.. yes swim understands to be very careful not to od

DO NOT....I repeat...DO NOT inject fentanyl gel!!! EVER.

So my tip on shooting gel patches is......DON'T DO IT!!

Anyone on an SSRI and have used fentanyl?

I've read a bit about this and it is declared as rare. So I wonder if anyone have tried it, at which doses and what tolerance?

Legal questions are against the rules

Don't inject the gel and please edit your post as we don't use SWIM!

So trying to smoke a new Duragesic (non-reservoir) patch on a spoon with heat from a gas oven burner, about a 10th or a bit more of a 50mcg/hr patch. All that was gained was a headache akin to when you get an IV in the hospital, and a bit of a rush. My question is, is fentanyl not for nodding? Should one who's experiencing this increase the amount smoked? Tolerance is ~26mg of dilaudid, snorted, for a 6-7/10 high.

UPDATE : Boy sure do feel like an idiot, tried it on tinfoil and with a larger straw, much better effects. Still not quite the "take one hit and OD" ballpark though.

Last edited:
So what exactly is the solubility for HCl in water,? Is 50mg/250 mk or 1mg/5 ml a good minimal ratio based on the supposed 100 mg of the HCl to 2 liter of water? I might be wrong so don't take my words as guidance.

Also what else could be used in once if benzyl alcohol to preserve a solution?

Man I hope that's effective. Fentanyl's been killing people at a far greater rate than heroin or pills ever did. If you're on a patch, fair go, but fuck the stuff that comes in baggies. Good riddance.

Hey all. Just had a discectomy. They gave me Demerol. Dilaudid and fentanyl. It was around 6 hrs ago. I was prescribed Percocet for breakthrough pain. I've been going to a methadone center for about ten years and I follow the methadone treatment like it's supposed to be. Never took any illicits since I've been there. So total tee totaler here. No alcohol. No pot. Nothing. I usually take my methadone now since I have a third shift schedule. It's around midnight now. Am I ok to take my dose six hours after having all that stuff? I am really hurting but I don't wanna take any percocets if I can keep from it. Please someone help me out. Thanks all