• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Feel Like Life’s Pointless?

My nan passed 8 days ago...ever since then I've found myself asking so many different questions about what is most valuable to me and my sisters, and who values me as well...Needless to say I've set quite a few boundaries since I've been doing all this soul-searching.
Sorry about your Nan.

Your interactions with others are the point

If you haven't figured that out, maybe someday you will... Maybe you won't...

Your interactions with others are the point

If you haven't figured that out, maybe someday you will... Maybe you won't...
Says the social butterfly.
Interactions with others are experiences, and we are the sum our experiences, which form our thoughts, which then determine our actions.
No action, no life.
No life, no point.

Agreed. That's why people made up things like religion or a god(s), because they can't accept that there IS no point to life, and they'd rather live in that delusion because it gives them comfort (not judging, we all gotta do what we gotta do).

For me, life is basically a constant battle to try and feel okay.

In the grand scheme of all of the Universe and time and space etc, the human race as a whole is such a tiny insignificant little thing, here so briefly, that ultimately nothing the entirety of humanity does matters, never mind one individual person.

"Le temps detruit tout"

Last edited:
I agree and feel like life is a battle.

It is very unique that we have things moving around in our plant and we send rockets and shit. But for all we know, our entire solar system is only .0001% of the matter in the "universe"

Just because you can't figure out what the point is, doesn't mean there's no point

You're just saying there's no point because you're hopeless

Maybe we are but if we change the perspective to our own personal visceral body, it feels like there is some sort of reason

then we should differentiate between one (human) being's life, and life as a whole.
and ask some admin to move this discussion to the spiritual and philosophy forum.

in the context of health and recovery I guess the point is what @ChemicallyEnhanced wrote

It's just very self absorbed to say it's pointless, if you ask me

Surely it's the exact opposite? Self-absorbed would be thinking that you as an individual have some sort of meaning or importance

EDIT: just to clarify, by "you", I mean the general "you" (as in, any given person), not YOU, personally

The likelihood of being born in the first place is in the hundreds of trillions

im not pointless and i do not have kids
dont see kids as the point of life

I didn't say you were pointless did I?

Having kids is a part of life and you learn from it