• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Feel Like Life’s Pointless?

have to prepare for that, at least a little.
otherwise, what would be THE POINT in meeting and not having a clue what to say?

im not pointless and i do not have kids
dont see kids as the point of life

Yeah, having kids is NOT the point if life, it's just creating more pointless life. But just because there is no point to life, doesn't mean we shouldn't be kind to people (because everyone is privately going through their own struggle) or try and enjoy our time here as best we can.

There are good questions and then there are these "existential questions" which usually lead to no new understanding regarding the very question asked.

Stuff like, point of life; how big is space and what is after it 'ends'? What is good and bad? Is there a God? These might seem like important questions, but I see them as bad questions since answer to them would always be subjective, depending whom you ask.

For some procreating is point of life, for some - serving God is point of life, some explore space to have a point in Universe. We can of course use smart sounding yada-yada words like some do on this forum when speaking about such things, but ultimately, it's just a bunch of interpretation.

I used to feel like that when i had given up on myself. Now i've realized i didn't have to do that. I'm just really good at anxiety.

Some people have had to actually surrender to chaos and fashion a new meaning, knowingly or not. They are saintly or demonic people.

I think life meaning is simply a function of psychological health. Thought may elaborate indefinitely, but thought can be a trap.

Some people have had to actually surrender to chaos and fashion a new meaning, knowingly or not. They are saintly or demonic people.
The ability to reinvent oneself is so helpful when going through shitty times. But it takes time and creativity and strength and the conviction that it is possible. Not everyone has this qualities or can do what is sometimes necessary: leave things and people behind