• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Feeding 2C-B to psych-virgin housemates and a few questions about it...

riper33

Greenlighter
I've also posted this on r/Drugs, but I feel I will get better responses here. This is my first post to this forum, so please forgive any mistakes. Thanks!

So I recently started getting along well with people I share my house with. The 6 of us had a party (more like a social gathering) recently where everyone drank, while I sat on a comedown of 140mg MDMA having just dosed 25mg 2C-B and vaping a lot of cannabis. I'm no longer a fan of alcohol.

Anyway, I found out that 2 of them (a couple) have done something called E pills. From the effects they described, I assumed that's just Ecstasy/Molly/MDMA even though they seem to think E and Molly are different. They were asking if I could get a hold of some E for them for the 4th July long weekend so we could have a good time again in the basement. I looked, but couldn't find a suitable source for MDMA. I could however score some more 2C-B.

2C-B being the social, light headed psych, I asked them if they'd be ok with 2C-B. I told them it was the other psychedelic I was on. They seemed fine with it, but now I'm having second thoughts. So what do you people think?

1. I've done it just once and along with the MDMA comedown and constant redosing of weed in a social setting, I never got the true 2C-B experience. The capsules I have are dosed 20-25mg. Would these people be able to handle it? They are scared of powerful psychs like acid and shrooms. But 2C-B won't freak them out right?
  2. I don't think making them smoke weed would be good idea until a few hours into the trip, but what about alcohol? Should I tell them to not drink? They aren't really in for the psychedelic experience and I think they just want to have a good time. What are your experiences with ethanol on 2C-B? Any unwanted interactions?
  3. Them being a couple and 2C-B being this aphrodisiac, should I inform them that they might want to be alone on this shit? That'll be one heck of an awkward conversation. I have social anxiety that LSD helps me fight, but how exactly should I proceed with this piece of information?
  4. What activities might be fun for people like them? Should I try to tripsit or engage them or just let them be?
  5. While I'm peaking on ingested 2C-B, what if I break another capsule and snort <10mg? I'm very wary of snorting and I know it will hurt like a bitch, but I just want to check out this ROI. Will it work while already tripping? How well does redosing of 2C-B work? I was thinking that after we have a social time, I would give them another capsule each, so they can redose and have fun with the aphrodisiac effects of this chemical. That gonna work?

Any other tips and advice are more than welcome. Thanks!

Last edited:
Man just get some good music rolling some cold beers and vape some kind bud with your friends!!

And of course give everyone a single pill!
Perfect!

1. 2c-B is no less likely to freak you out than real LSD, or Shrooms. In fact, for many people, 2c-B can be more harsh, but that is a person to person thing. You'd be better off with LSD, in my opinion.
2. Weed can relax some people for a trip, and cause intense anxiety in others. So that is up in the air. Alcohol can relax a trip by taking off the edge, but it can take the edge off of the good part of the trip too, for some. Alcohol will also increase stomach discomfort, possibly.
3.Just be straight up. It is always best to let every tripper do their own thing. Tell them that. Tell them they can do their own thing, and if that includes privacy, so be it. Being straight forward is the best way, although I feel for your anxiety.
4. Follow their vibe. Planning on psychedelics can be pointless. If they need a sitter, follow suite. If they seem fine, don't pressure them.
5. People will debate this. Some find it effective, some don't. 2c-B tolerance builds less quickly than say, LSD. It's really up to you at the end of the day.

Trip safe. %)

I found 2C-B to be the most easy going psychedelic I've tried, I think it'd be a fantastic starter. Don't let weed come into it until you're at least three or fours in and sure no one will have adverse reactions to the inevitable ramp up of effects it will cause.

I once got 2c-b in pressed pills, dropped one, waited a fair while, smoking ganja the whole time -which I was very used to at this time in my life- and started to feel a gentle elevation in mood. Things seemed comical, I felt a heightened awareness to my surroundings, music seemed to fit in with situations. I was perceiving things differently than I usually would, in a pleasant way. I enjoyed it and dropped another later in the evening with similar results, mild hallucinations.. everything took on a kind of digital, 8-bit video game appearance for a while, nothing overwhelming. Was a good night.

I was surprised to find out later that they were only 6-7mg! Further experiences with 2c-x drugs, around 20mg have been much more hallucinogenic, introspective, wavy and not necessarily as comfortable or easy to handle. Still enjoyable, but less predictable. Nothing wrong with starting low and taking more later after getting a feel for it. Mixing with a little cannabis or alcohol is okay as long as you're familiar with that feeling. Enjoy :)

Man just get some good music rolling some cold beers and vape some kind bud with your friends!!

Beers sounds good. I'll tell them hard drinks won't be fun, but even I'll drink a beer.

1. 2c-B is no less likely to freak you out than real LSD, or Shrooms. In fact, for many people, 2c-B can be more harsh, but that is a person to person thing. You'd be better off with LSD, in my opinion.

I'm not sure I can convince them to drop acid. The rest sounds good though. Thanks!

I think these people will enjoy the experience. I have enough trips under my belt to guide them if something goes wrong, but I don't think it likely. All this advice helps me make a more informed decision, so thanks everyone!

Last edited:
I think 2C-B is much much easier to handle than acid, although acid is possibly better in large crowds for me.

Some people do react pretty strongly to 2C-B and 20 mg can be a full dose for those people making 25 quite intense. 2C-B is definitely easier to handle than LSD, but it still seems fair to prepare them for that possibility and remind them that this stuff doesn't really fuck with your sense of self on too deep a level - but expecting an MDMA like experience is probably not fair.

Many people agree that 2C-B is more heavy on the empathogen-like effects at lower doses but at higher doses the psychedelic effects (mostly sensorical and aesthetic - one of my earlier times I cried at the sight of a tree) become more prominent but the empathogen effects sort of max out - they don't get ridiculously rolly. MDMA can provide a lot of hedonistic euphoria when strong, but 2C-B tends to be a little more modest IMO - on the other hand it is much more "real"-feeling and natural. The appreciation can be really excellent and not very artificial, even if visuals can look photoshopped.

I'm sure you can guide them if it gets difficult but it is much better to prepare them for it possibly getting intense regarding visuals and certain feelings... at the same time reassure them that it doesn't get really insane/psycho like full fledged psychedelics can get (well not until you take like 100 mg), and an overwhelming number of people like a 2C-B trip - its a great entry level.

Good guidance as backup and being in a safe environment are probably good guarantees though, much less chance of anything getting out of hand than in a weird setting away from home. But I don't know if this basement you mention is that cozy..

When I was asking people what psych to try first, a lot many suggested 2C-B. I just wanted LSD to be the thing to open the door.

Anyway, I will let them know that while this is a very easy going drug, it is still a psychedelic. They will think and feel differently, but if they just relax and let the experience take over, they will have an amazing time. Just basic first time psych advice I suppose.

I don't think they will keen on dosing any higher. The way they were talking about acid and shrooms, I'm worried they might back out once I warn them about the psychedelic stuff. Hopefully not.

At 25mg, I wasn't really feeling psyched out when it came to my thoughts. I couldn't really even tell apart when my headspace changed from being MDMA dominant to the 2C-B. I just found myself staring off into space more often than MDMA, and no longer wanting to hug my refrigerator because it kept the juice cold. Almost as if 2C-B took some intensity off the roll and compensated for it with a touch of psychedelia.

Thankfully, 2C-B is not expensive. It doesn't need dedicating a weekend to, like LSD, so I'll experiment a bit with this one at higher doses. Not sure if I'll go up to 100mg however, given it's toxicity isn't deeply studied. See how 40-60mg first finds me.

Also, the basement is very comfortable. It's just their room basically with little porch out under a tree where they usually sit and drink. After having spent some time there I now get tempted to go and just laze there during my acid trips.

Don't really know what kind of people they are, but I can see most having a pretty good time on 25mg 2C-B. Just hope I don't end up with having to deal with something awkward. Such interactions with people kinda freak me out.

I understand you worry about them backing out, but it's still their choice. Just give them a lot of good and fair info (not just mine or even this thread, but just everything you can scrape together). Being selective about it is manipulative and duping them. I guess most of the time even 20-25 mg dose trips turn out very nice, but it is still not your gamble to take holding out on some of the ins and outs.
Since 2C-B isn't really that threatening, them backing out doesn't really depend on you mentioning anything about the tricky stuff to them but the challenge of conveying that without it being more scary than it actually is. Just be fair about the different aspects of 2C-B and calm them down if they take the psychedelic part more seriously than it is. Just make it sound as 'ideal' as it is to have a psychedelic available that is softcore.... the trippiness is a beautiful bonus on the empathogenic aspect while still being doable for amateurs. Especially when they don't freak out since they were prepared for it.

If seriously worried they could dissolve the content of a capsule in a glass of a drink and only drink like 3 quarters of it, no real need to back out making it so black and white. If they are really focussing on the MDMA-like promise of it, a 15 like range dose would be a more fair bet anyway if they are not the type to just risk a psychedelic trip to get there.

People just react differently even if it was very MDMA-like for you. It depends a lot on how easy people find it to let go and what other drugs they have tried to compare to, and how they experience all that integrally.

I think this is similar to people wanting too much out of a first psychedelic trip with LSD and risking getting everything too intense. It's best to really consider your angle and theirs... to develop a promising relationship to these type of drugs it tends to be better to aim a little low and be prepared for tricky stuff... because it's more reasonable to have manageable experiences and wanting more like that every step, than taking your chances with high doses and getting unpredictable outcomes at every step.
People having serious problems with being underwhelmed should also take a good look at themselves, not the drugs. It's not all about things owing you the best time of your life, you make an experience yourself and you learn how to get the most out of the enhancements. The best way to feel underwhelmed is to have expectations that a drug will magically and out of the blue exceed your wildest dreams.

Despite it being 4th of july, is it your duty to get 2C-B to fully substitute for MDMA for them? Come on... much better to get them a pleasant experience and making sure everyone knows what they are getting into and getting excited for the next time.

Last edited:
I was never planning on giving them half the info or dupe them into eating it. I just wanted to know what to say because my one experience was not in the right setting for me to fully experience and understand the effects of 2C-B. I found it easy going, so I thought it's a good idea to go for instead of MDMA. Seems like people agree, so it's all good.

If they do back out, I think I can certainly lure them by describing the visual aspects of 2C-B. Freaking Persian carpets flowing on walls, shadows dancing, pink walls turning to green and ribbons of colours vibrating in the dark. Who wouldn't want to see all that?

Dissolving the capsule is a great idea to take lower doses. It might be needed if they still seem skeptical, but I don't think it will come to that. Thanks man.

Huh sorry don't know where I got that from than, some serious misinterpretation on my part - but yeah go for it @ you and your friends (you are participating? - oh yes you said 'we' in the OP)..

It's damn LUSH for sure =D

I have some 2C-C on hand which I somehow came to appreciate nearly as much, even though it is more metallic-y and lazer-y feeling rather than the erotic golden-pink velvet sensation of 2C-B

Alcohol like you said is best kept until your friends feel like it's really 'played' out >2 hrs into it, then going easy a few beers should be fine for people who are not experiencing a considerable body load.
Only bad experience I know of myself was second hand: a guy, a FOAF, who was already pretty drunk one night joined me and my buddy with some 2C-B (a similar dose as you mention), and he just completely lost it. Definitely not as bad as going nuts on a real full-on psychedelic, but still he was acting just very strangely - bizarre behavior, didn't remember any of it the following day. In retrospect everyone really underestimated how much he had drunk earlier, we hadn't been there to witness it.

I guess similar rules would apply to weed, but weed would make everything more confusing, vague and psychedelic. Alcohol makes it dumbed and numbed, blurry also. With too much alcohol people don't usually mind themselves too much, but it can still spoil a clean trip and make it just dirty.
Generally I'd say that 2C-B just feels excellent if you don't take anything on top of it when you are not quite experienced. I'd only resort to such things if it would be really disappointing, like many levels too weak.

Last edited:
I am going very slow right now. I decided to plunge into this psychonautic journey around Bicycle Day this year. So far I've just checked off LSD, psilocin, MDMA and 2C-B. Given time, I would certainly like to try out other 2Cxs, mescaline and few more tryptamines.

I've just given up on alcohol since I found weed around me. It really does not enhance the experience. I recently got a bit drunk on whiskey just to see how I like it now, but didn't enjoy it and don't look forward to drinking again.

Weed does enhance and intensify trips in it's own murky way, so I would warn them well if they wanna smoke at or before the peak. Psychedelics how wonderfully changed cannabis for me though. Now whenever I vape, I'm guaranteed some pretty smooth visuals.

Anyway, I think 25mg would be plenty for them if they decide to dose the full capsule. And if they didn't they shouldn't be complaining.

Fair enough..

I wouldn't reduce mushrooms to psilocin by the way... I found pure psilocin to be different than mushrooms and I don't expect cacti to be too much like the mescaline I've taken.

Funny you started at bicycle day..

I actually shouldn't have said psilocin. I was kinda naming the main active chemicals. I had an alcohol solution with alkaloids extracted from shrooms. I'm also growing my own mushrooms! I have a jar almost fully colonized and I expect the fruits to be ready in a month. I am going to experiment a lot with them especially. I see much potential for personal growth using shrooms. The only trip so far that I did not enjoy was with that liquid. It was a learning experience and not a recreational one.

I didn't start exactly on bicycle day. It was Wednesday unfortunately so I had my first LSD trip on 16th April, the day Hoffman had that accidental encounter. That was a Saturday. I know it doesn't mean much, but just because of the significance, I cancelled or postponed all my plans for that day. :p

With things like peyote and ayahuasca, I'd love to experience in the ceremonies, so that will take a long while before I settle myself and earn some money I can spend. I can get San Pedro anytime, but I'm still not comfortable with the idea of munching on a big meaty cactus. May be some day if I feel adventurous. Mescaline the chemical is also separately on my list because my intro to what a psychedelic trip is like was Doors of Perception.

I really look forward to this new angle to life I've discovered.

Cactus can be alcohol-extracted and then concentrated into mescaline alkaloid tar-balls. I personally didn't handle my cactus material with enough knowledge and made a terribly gummy sludge.

I'd rather have an experience on isolated cactus extract than pure mescaline which is clean in its visionary power but so transparent that the psychedelic intoxication would seem more interesting to go along with it.

Bicycle day is my birthday :D

Yeah I'm extremely grateful to be turned on to psychedelics. As for drug use in general, it can be a tragedy to have to learn how to handle everything as you go along, but also certainly adventurous, especially nice as life experiences if they just fall snugly into the rest of your life.

Going on soulquests, having a long existential crisis, well some of the tripping can get heavy... experiencing intensely but not always understanding quite so quickly.

Bicycle day is my birthday :D

Well that's one must-trip-on-acid day each year! :D

Once I'm satisfied with one batch of shrooms I might move on to extracting alkaloids from cactus. I could work on DMT too, but I think that is easier bought than extracted. Mescaline is not easy to come by. And very expensive.

Also along with managing the new insights and experiences gained from the psychedelic adventures it is vital to not let everyday life slip by. It's very easy to get caught up too deep in this and I worry if I'm not doing enough at work and research because I'm thinking about this ALL THE TIME. I find that part most difficult. Any advice on how to integrate this neatly in life?

I don't do acid except weekends. Well I did once, but not anymore. And I'm not going to trip on successive weekends on acid anymore either. I'll rotate with 2C-B now. 2C-B worries me though. Because it can be done on a weekday, right after work with no acid like stimulation that would keep me up for 12 hours, I'm very likely to abuse it. I also use cannabis daily, but I've been doing that before I started psychs and I find it doesn't have a negative impact as such. Living the right life without cannabis is more difficult in fact. I waste just as much time, if not more. Hopefully I'm just in the "honeymoon period" as people seem to call it and it will subside before I throw my life away lol.

Integration takes
- time
- heavy talks with friends
- life experiences
- meditation / yogic exercises like t'ai chi or qui gong or the graceful types of martial arts (I do/did pencak silat)

I've been in that phase yeah, tripping that frequently - well at least two phases if the first was mostly with mushrooms and struggling hard! and the second with acid taking their place, and having less trouble... Also experimented with loads of other psychedelics, but never that bizarrely structurally for such a time as say tripping weekly on acid for a year. It was difficult because I felt like I deeply wanted/needed to figure things out and nobody could get me to go slower, well mostly because the people who eventually tried were just worried (about a number of things only partially related to all this) and not experienced trippers who could guide me with it. But I've calmed down a lot since then, now I think it's clearly better to just be less indulgent and allow more time to pass.
Meditating is great though, it's aptly complementary to tripping in many ways and also similar to it. If you meditate regularly you can concentrate and integrate your mind, which helps you catch up with the insights. If you just keep tripping more and more without properly integrating it, a number of negatives can happen like making you more confused and less peaceful, losing sight of your frames of reference like healthy scepsism to counter the esoteric, just general degeneration of your trips because your mindset is not alright because you won't let it restore properly.

The more you stack up tolerance and negatives right now, the bigger the part of this honeymoon will get kind of ruined, and also the more unpredictable it might be where it leads you.

Consider it an artform to not just drop a whole load of acid and trip hard (and often), but to just drop as much as you've learned it 'requires' to prime you, then meditate and use that for potentiation and enhancement... and to do that only when the time feels right instead of whenever you possibly can.
I guess it will always take time and experience to work on that, but it can change a lot quicker if you are conscious about what you're trying to achieve and how. If your choice won't make that happen perhaps certain experiences over time might, or not.

"I don't do acid except weekends" is a priceless quote, not sure if you just mean you don't do it on weekdays when you happen to do it or you mean you restrict yourself to no more frequent than weekly use, which is what tolerance allows for (within reason). But I think it's hilarious that I can't tell and that it might say more about me than you.

Last edited:
I need to save this somewhere. Thanks!

I don't have friends around where I'm at, and none of my friends back home have done any psychedelics. I managed to get some for them just so I could have someone to share these experiences with. They are tripping next week, so I'm looking forward to hearing their stories. They will also be able to understand me better and there will be more support all around.

I'm trying to make sure I don't stack up any tolerance. Just a few minutes ago I was thinking, I should try some 2c-b by myself before having some more with these other people. I can't find a reasonable source for 2c-b tolerance and redosing, and so I was contemplating if I should figure it out for myself. I decided to just stick to a one capsule with them. Still I might've stacked a bit of tolerance with acid by tripping 3 back to back weekends, but I'll take bigger breaks now.

I really need to work on some meditation. Even my parents are telling me to meditate daily, but I always put it off. I have time and energy to dedicate to something I can learn myself, but no resources to get someone to teach me the right way. Sorry if this is getting annoying, but how would you suggest I start out in such a situation?

Oh and "I don't do acid except weekends". I should've been clearer for sure. What I mean is that I don't do acid on weekdays. I will never come back from work at 5pm and drop a tab. Not only would it mess up my sleep cycle, I don't think it's the right way to use acid. It doesn't work the same magic. Saturday seems like the perfect day to trip because I can peacefully reflect on my trip the next day. I experimented a bit to come to this conclusion, but now I will stick to it.

And thanks again! It's nice to finally get an educated opinion on all this.

Heh.. despite the obvious objection, sunday always used to be the day to trip for me / me and my best friend, when we were each in our psychedelic honeymoon and marriage. There's something about that sunday morning idea, reading newspaper with breakfast/brunch extensively and just peaceful, contemplating, processing and brooding... that can make it a very joyful and natural part of life. Nothing to do with christianity or anything, the sundays.. but analogous all the same.

2C-B redosing is far from ideal as with many other psychedelics. You'd have to be quick to give it an extra nudge to make it matter, which is annoying since you shouldn't be too quick to mess with your trip in any way until you see where your peak is getting you.. and the exact redosing is complicated to find out, something best done with a lot of experience and the acceptance of getting more than you bargain for.
So it's not the same as saying it is pointless at all, but practically I doubt I would attempt to readjust the intensity. It's better to just choose the dose with some smarts, to trade off the risks of overwhelming or underwhelming experiences, but finalizing that choice (unless you are being intentionally experimental) the tip is to keep it in the comfort zone at least.
Then next time your aim will probably be better, and the time after that even more so, led zetera.