• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Favorite tryptamine?

"Sucking on an electrical cord" - oh yeah! I can relate to that.
Which isnt to say i dont like it...
I love metocin, DMT and high-dose psilocetin. Metocin really blew me away, it's one of my favourite ever psychedelics.

Not including lysergamides (meth, eth, al are all great):

DMT, DPT, 5MeO-DMT are all at the top

The AcOs; DIPT & DALT 2nd DET less so. Still some good tryptamines to try - dunno if I ever get the chance mind; major pity

All the others I am glad to have tried but not gone on; Psilocybin is good certain worthwhile for most but hate it.

I've only tried 4-AcO-DMT and mushrooms (cubensis and semilanceata). I don't count LSD as a tryptamine as it is too obviously of a different nature, and should be considered separately as an ergoloid, technically containing a tryptamine and phenethylamine skeleton, and IME it feels that way in its effects too. Anyway...

I'd put either 4-AcO-DMT or psilocybe semilanceata first. I believe the baeocystin (I think that's it? There is an active compound that semilanceata and one other species has unusually higher amounts of) and/or the psilocybin : psilocin ratio makes the high different from that strain, and IMO better. Then I'd put cubensis, which although I respect, I find can be too dark, heavy and confusing to be useful to me sometimes, semilanceata seems to achieve the same ends with much more pleasant means

DMT, MET, and psilocybin. I dislike AMT. LSD is difficult, anxiogenic and problematic in places but ultimately rewarding, especially with its unique insights and spiritual aspects. However, I haven't had the real thing in 15 years, and I also consider the ergoloids distinct from the tryptamines. LSZ is crap. I've never had 5-MeO-DMT. I don't get off on 4-AcO-DMT. 4-OH-MIPT is pretty good but only at heroic dosage levels. I underdosed on DPT and didn't know you were supposed to snort it and therefore did not get off on it, which is a shame really because it's supposed to be good. 5-MeO-DIPT doesn't interest me.

That's about it, really. The only other tryptamine I might like to possibly try is 4-Cl-DMT, which doesn't yet exist AFAIK.

4-chloro-3-dimethylaminoethyl-indole.png

I'd also like to try 4-methyl-DMT, which doesn't exist either AFAIK again:

4-methyl-3-dimethylaminoethylindole.png

Last edited:
My more recent DPT experience have not been as dark but in general, DPT is a very difficult experience for me. Far more difficult than ethocin. But it varies from person to person, some I know and trust find DPT a great ally, as do many BLers. For me, DPT is like sucking on an electrical cord.

You make it sound so appealing lol. Thanks for the insight.... I do know people for sure who enjoy it, but it does sound pretty intimidating to me. While I do understand the value of difficult experiences, I have to say that I'm pretty sure I've had enough to last me a long time, they aren't exactly teaching me new things anymore. That's especially why I wonder if I could continue finding elements in my much easier experiences as well, like 4-HO-DET, but I know of course that there will be unique things that only it can give as well.... Much thinking to do.

DPT is one you do want to try. I'll say this...when I write about DPT I am thinking of my first three goes...100mg snorted. They were all rough, and I will in many ways never recover from them. DPT when smoked is nice, very DMT-like. DPT salts when IMed is much smoother than when snorted, far cleaner, less electricity. So while I can never erase my impression of "DPT - the terror psychedelic" from my psyche, it is a very worthy and amazing (if sterile and cold) tryptamine.

You make it sound so appealing lol. Thanks for the insight.... I do know people for sure who enjoy it, but it does sound pretty intimidating to me. While I do understand the value of difficult experiences, I have to say that I'm pretty sure I've had enough to last me a long time, they aren't exactly teaching me new things anymore. That's especially why I wonder if I could continue finding elements in my much easier experiences as well, like 4-HO-DET, but I know of course that there will be unique things that only it can give as well.... Much thinking to do.

Duly noted. The IM route does sound nice.... I've heard that from others before too. Snorting it I really have no desire to do. The thing about smoking it is that I have also decided I don't really care for smoking DMT either... so I don't know how that makes me feel. Do you have any idea how this issue translates over into taking it orally? I actually do have some moclobemide just lying around that I was recently thinking about trying to use for this purpose, but I've also just thought about eating it alone too. I know that the potency is supposed to be greatly reduced, but honestly, I wouldn't mind it if it made the trip more stretched out and mellow. I doubt it would provide much of a barrier to me with the right amount of cannabis, hot showers, meditation, and/or music.... I was thinking about starting at maybe 100 mg at most, which I believe would leave me about 130 mg for one more trial if that weren't enough. I was able to see much of the psychedelic character of DiPT (particularly visual, not just audio) simply by treating it right in the aforementioned ways at 30 mg though, so I'm sure could get at least something out of DPT at these doses....

Tried
4-aco-dmt/det/met
Dpt/dmt
Mushrooms - p. Cubensis and p. Cyanscens

Dpt and the cyanscens are my favorites for sure. DPT mixed with some mxe is always a good time. It never seems fully recreational, but its never boring or wasted either. Always seem to have a moment of fear, but usually a sense of relief and love by the end. I usually plug with no single dose going higher than 50mg. Maybe start with 10mg, then 20mg, then 50mg. Or just a single dose of 30-40mg. I dosed like 120mg with some MDMA once. Pretty intense.

The p. Cyanscens mushrooms seem to be a bit more "visionary". It was about this time last year I found some. Perfect weather to go hunting again, just seems to be more risk than ordering shit through the mail :-(

MDMA is great if you're searching for easier experiences or just trying to recover from a bad acid trip or whatnot. If I were you, though, I wouldn't eat the DPT as the guinea pig basically for fear of wasting your precious tryptamine like I wasted mine.

Oh, I do appreciate the thought, but it's not quite like that. I love strong trips, but I've just done plenty of that "difficult" stuff lately and don't really feel a need for it at the moment. I've always tripped both to have fun and to be productive, but right now my life is actually already in a forward momentum due in part to a lot of the changes I've made or been working on after having a lot of those experiences. Having trips like that now just reminds me of the things I'm already working on, I need to have more to bring to the table first. I still like to have fun though, and that's why I like these tryptamines like 4-HO-DET and 4-HO-MET which can be quite powerful in their own ways, but I would never call them difficult (at least for me).

How much DPT did you eat? The thing I like especially about the idea of the oral route is just the thought that even if there is a rough load at the beginning it will probably mostly pass early on like most long-acting psychedelics.... I can handle a rough onset as long as I get a few hours of bliss afterward. Do you think it wouldn't be worth it even with a MAOI? If not I may just have to save it for when I am at one of those times in my life again....

Do you have any idea how this issue translates over into taking it orally? I actually do have some moclobemide just lying around that I was recently thinking about trying to use for this purpose, but I've also just thought about eating it alone too.

DPT is just not very active at all orally, as opposed to DiPT which gave me a full +++ at 50mg orally. An old friend said you need to dissolve it in OJ for it to work well orally, but I never tried it that way. Very early in my experimental days I took what should have been a massive OD of DPT/rue but I only had mild effects even with 250mg.

https://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=4245

It goes without saying for me, but...miprocin. Metocin was pretty good too. I'd love to try the other 4 subs. Maybe some day. :)

DPT is just not very active at all orally, as opposed to DiPT which gave me a full +++ at 50mg orally. An old friend said you need to dissolve it in OJ for it to work well orally, but I never tried it that way. Very early in my experimental days I took what should have been a massive OD of DPT/rue but I only had mild effects even with 250mg.

https://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=4245

Oh wow, that is quite a lot with MAOI and everything just for that effect.... I mean it does sound intense enough for what I'd want for sure, but I definitely don't have the supply for that (if I want to use it more than once at least). The OJ thing is interesting.... I wonder if anyone has done any sort of experimental research into that.

To verify this, I gave 50 mg of DiPT to a friend last night. ;) He did indeed enjoy himself very much.... I guess I'll have to rethink some plans!

It goes without saying for me, but...miprocin. Metocin was pretty good too. I'd love to try the other 4 subs. Maybe some day. :)

So many people seem to love miprocin so much.... I find it very pleasant but I have really had a tough time getting it above mild effects compared to all of the other psilocin analogues. I think I may just have to take 50 mg the next chance I get. :D

The tryptamines I have tried:

4-HO-MiPT
5-MeO-MiPT
Psilocybin mushrooms
DMT
aMT

My favorite of all of those was miprocin/4-HO-MiPT. It was really light hearted, incredibly aural, and just plain old fun. Not too much in the way of visuals but the music enhancement was astounding. Variable physical side effects - sometimes it would be completely clean, with an almost MDMA-esque body high, sometimes it would make me puke. Plays well insufflated compared to many other psychs IME.

5-MeO-MiPT was... interesting, to say the least. I had a very, very intense experience insufflating 15mg of it. It was kind of overwhelming, the amplitude of the music seemed so exaggerated that it felt as if the sound waves were scraping against my ear drums. But, it was pretty cool, and the CEVs were among the most intense I've ever had in my life, very synesthetic as well, which is something I rarely experience from any psychedelic.

I don't really need to comment on mushrooms too much - they are a mixed bag, that have produced some incredibly euphoric experiences, as well as some darker ones. I like to refer to a mushroom trip as an unpredictable emotional roller coaster.

DMT - well, it's amazing. I've broken through twice, and it's hard to describe/I can't remember a lot of it. The drug has an incredible after glow that lasts for days for me. At lower smoked doses, it's just like kind of a futuristic/galactic souped up version of a mushroom trip, a lot shorter of course. Can produce some nausea when smoking breakthrough doses.

aMT - I really enjoyed the hell out of the plateau - like a mix of MDMA, as far as body high and euphoria goes, with some trippy aural enhancements and mild visuals - but man the come up was absolutely, brutally nauseating to the point where it really wasn't worth doing again. YMMV on this - it seems to be kinda wildly variable in how it physically affects people.

So many people seem to love miprocin so much.... I find it very pleasant but I have really had a tough time getting it above mild effects compared to all of the other psilocin analogues. I think I may just have to take 50 mg the next chance I get. :D

Ya, miprocin is like the happy version of shrooms ime. It quickly became one of my faves, and I love how a poster noted its Aztec feel. It very much seems that way to me too.

I also didn't get too much from 20mg, and aside from that 150mg dose, I think 40-50mg will have what you're looking for. It does get heavy eventually as the dose increases, but it tends to stay light-hearted in quality. :)

Good Idea, I think. My most intense/beloved trip on miprocin was 15mg orally + 35mg insufflated at t + 45 min. It was really, truly fucking insane, ungodly auditory distortion, wonderful body high, and a completely immersive experience. Listening to something that wasn't even trippy (The Strokes) was like being transported into a primordial world of stampeding tyrannosaurus rex.

Ya, miprocin is like the happy version of shrooms ime. It quickly became one of my faves, and I love how a poster noted its Aztec feel. It very much seems that way to me too.

I also didn't get too much from 20mg, and aside from that 150mg dose, I think 40-50mg will have what you're looking for. It does get heavy eventually as the dose increases, but it tends to stay light-hearted in quality. :)

I could definitely see that, the happy version of mushrooms, even at a lower dose. It's definitely the most similar thing I've ever taken to them that promoted a very calm, euphoric, and social mindset. It's good stuff. :) As for the Aztec feeling, that would be quite interesting to me to see because I have gotten that very distinctly from psilocybin itself, but not yet from any of these analogues. Getting it with a much more controlled and lucid trip sounds like quite a treat!

Ha, if only I had that much to take! I probably could've worked my way up to it with where I started, but I can't stop myself from sharing with people who ask and now my supply is more limited. I can probably get at least a good few of those 40-50 mg trips in though, so yes hopefully that will be enough. :) I have a feeling that it will take me far.... I sometimes have a high tolerance to achieving the effects of psychedelics at all, but once I get there, they really take off. 20 mg of 4-HO-MET for me is not much more than pretty patterns and energy and slight dissociation, but there's a report on Erowid of 150 mg that honestly doesn't sound that much more intense than my experience with 30 mg, and my experience with 50 mg wasn't even really the same kind of trip anymore. If I had dosed as high as that, I have doubts that it would be anything more than a complete blackout a la too much DMT!

Also, heavy is fine with me, I'm ready to see what all of the fuss is about!

Good Idea, I think. My most intense/beloved trip on miprocin was 15mg orally + 35mg insufflated at t + 45 min. It was really, truly fucking insane, ungodly auditory distortion, wonderful body high, and a completely immersive experience. Listening to something that wasn't even trippy (The Strokes) was like being transported into a primordial world of stampeding tyrannosaurus rex.

That does sound wonderful. :D The audio effects sound especially nice, I love a mix of music and visionary effects and I don't normally get much audio distortion on most things, but I definitely did on 4-HO-MET and 4-HO-DiPT, so I could see it.... Looks like that's definitely going to be my target dose then!

I could definitely see that, the happy version of mushrooms, even at a lower dose. It's definitely the most similar thing I've ever taken to them that promoted a very calm, euphoric, and social mindset. It's good stuff. :) As for the Aztec feeling, that would be quite interesting to me to see because I have gotten that very distinctly from psilocybin itself, but not yet from any of these analogues. Getting it with a much more controlled and lucid trip sounds like quite a treat!

Ha, if only I had that much to take! I probably could've worked my way up to it with where I started, but I can't stop myself from sharing with people who ask and now my supply is more limited. I can probably get at least a good few of those 40-50 mg trips in though, so yes hopefully that will be enough. :) I have a feeling that it will take me far.... I sometimes have a high tolerance to achieving the effects of psychedelics at all, but once I get there, they really take off. 20 mg of 4-HO-MET for me is not much more than pretty patterns and energy and slight dissociation, but there's a report on Erowid of 150 mg that honestly doesn't sound that much more intense than my experience with 30 mg, and my experience with 50 mg wasn't even really the same kind of trip anymore. If I had dosed as high as that, I have doubts that it would be anything more than a complete blackout a la too much DMT!

Also, heavy is fine with me, I'm ready to see what all of the fuss is about!

Ya, it's very euphoric and the visuals tend to focus on the yellow/orange/red hues of the color spectrum. Or maybe it was just my environment, idk. But it just feels like I entered a pyramid, or something like that. :)

lol, I wouldn't recommend a 150mg dose, but it was one of my few +4 trips. I've been reprimanded that it was excessive and all, and even though it seems to be quite safe, it's still excessive and they were quite right. Maybe if you had a lot of time to chill and plenty of material, since the trip lasts for more than 10 hours, then it would be worth exploring. For me, I haven't gotten a black out from it but it was extremely heavy via vegetable status. It was awesome though.

Doubling the dose should do it. I've explored miprocin extensively and I figure >50mg is plenty enough to get the heavy, desired effects, after about a few days of resetting tolerance. So ya, that's all I have to input. :)

That is actually quite interesting, as I once saw imagery of pyramids forming in the corner of my eyes the first time I took 4-HO-MiPT, only they were of a more Egyptian style and the colors were mostly greens, blues, and purples. I took it later in the day around lots of shadows; what was your environment like for that trip?

Haha, well I don't think I could see myself needing 150 mg for a long time, but I honestly don't think it's that excessive if it's something you need to trip that hard. I don't really fear psilocin analogues generally, and 4-HO-MiPT is one of the ones I'm aware of multiple people taking several hundred milligrams at once without any physical side effects. I can't even imagine though, as I think I would be utterly blinded visuals much below that! A ten hour duration sounds freaking awesome though, since my normal trips on it last barely five.

That sounds good to me though, I'm excited for it. :) I kind of want to do it as my next trip but I'm not sure if I want to wait at least a month of nothing before doing it. (My last trip wasn't even like two weeks ago yet and I'm already itching for another.) I definitely want to make sure that my tolerance is as low as possible when I take it to get the most out of it!