• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Favorite tryptamine?

^ I suspect because it's illegal nearly everywhere in the world and as a general rule chemical companies don't carry it. Can always extract some from plant matter however.

The only pure tryptamine I've had is 4-AcO-DiPT. It can be nice, but I find it has some disconcerting body effects. I often get the "tremulous shakes" while on it. I've always wanted to try 4-HO-DiPT to see the difference. The 4-AcO is quite euphoric and very sensual, the side effects and tension do suck though.

Mushrooms are my nemesis; the one psychedelic I'm afraid to do. I've heard 4-AcO-DMT is more clean, euphoric and pleasant than mushrooms. Judging by it's popularity by folks around here I'm guessing it's a good one.

I want to get some aMT and 1 other tryptamine along with it. I'm also having a hard time making a choice. I tend to gravitate towards more empathogenic psychedelics. I've heard 5-meo-MIPT can have this quality as well as 5-meo-DALT but they don't seem to be as popular as 4-AcO-DMT so it'll probably win.

I don't know a single person who didn't love psilacetin, you can't go wrong with it.

My favorite tryptamine is that dimethyl one...

I wonder why some many people try and present lysergamides (LSD) as a tryptamine. It just is not. But, you say, The tryptamine structure is in lsd. Sure it is, but so is the phenethylamine structure and it's a much more complex structure than either. Please lets try and not be reductionistic and pretend it's a tryptamine.

Anyway, here is my tryptamine list and I love them all.

1) DMT
2) DPT
3) Psilocin/Psilocybin
4) aMT

I will be trying 5-meo-dmt and 4-ho-met soon, so we'll see where they stack up in my hierarchy of tryptamines.

top 5

1. 5-MeO-DMT
2. DMT (IM or smoked w/moclobemide)
3. 4-AcO-DMT
4. 5-MeO-MiPT
5. 4-HO-MiPT

I wonder why some many people try and present lysergamides (LSD) as a tryptamine. It just is not. But, you say, The tryptamine structure is in lsd. Sure it is, but so is the phenethylamine structure and it's a much more complex structure than either. Please lets try and not be reductionistic and pretend it's a tryptamine.

Interesting, I was under the impression that LSD was a tryptamine. But I guess chemistry can have gray areas too.

Anyway, here is my tryptamine list and I love them all.

1) DMT
2) DPT
3) Psilocin/Psilocybin
4) aMT

I will be trying 5-meo-dmt and 4-ho-met soon, so we'll see where they stack up in my hierarchy of tryptamines.

It is a ergoline, but like you said it has the tryptamine structure and a phenethylamine structure within it. LSD also acts upon a lot of the same receptors as true tryptamines (more so than phenethylamines, but it acts upon them as well). With that said, LSD can be considered a tryptamine in many respects. Being a tryptamine or phenethylamine isn't exclusive.

I think people classify it with tryptamines because it has an entry in TIHKAL.

For me when I take LSD I can defintiely feel both tryptamine and phenethylamine. The tyrptamine side gives me the dissociation and visuals and the phenthylamine side gives me a positive mood push and provides empathogenic effects. I can totally feel both chemical classes in LSD.

So far it would have to be psilocybin./fungi. Yet still to try out some rc tryptamines.

Tryptamines allow me to think more abstract instead of concrete like on phens. Tryptamines are where the mind twist is at for me.

I thought mushrooms were excluded from this discussion. If they are included, they win hands down for me, and not only as my favourite tryptamine psychedelic, but favourite psychedelic in general. At this point, I don't think anything will ever have any chance to push shrooms off of that position for me, save for DMT.

1.) LSD
2.) Psilocybin mushrooms
3.) DMT

In that order

Acid is the greatest drug on the planet in my book. It provides me with the perfect trip and has so much therapeutic value. It's one chemical I hope to be using throughout the rest of my life <3

Last edited:
1. Mushrooms
2. DMT
3. LSD
4. DPT
5. 4-aco-dmt

All I've tried. Love them all though, definitely more of a fan of tryptamines than phens

5-meo-DALT.

its light and friendly and not too serious. Just a fun lightly trippy time.

For a PD mod my experience with tryptamines is woefully limited, but of the few I have tried so far:

1 - aMT
2 - DMT
3 - Mushrooms

It's an area I need to explore further.

Certainly my most positive tryptamine experience has been with 5-MeO-DMT. Nothing else has quite the same wondrous stabilizing effect on the psyche--for me, 5-MeO-DMT is a veritable molecular instantiation of peace. Chemical zen man, chemical zen.

I also like 5-MeO-MiPT, 4-AcO-DMT and 4-OH-MiPT, but more in the recreational sense of good old fashioned trippy fun. 4-OH-DiPT (wow, it has been at least 5 years since I've tried that one) was one of the more visual tryptamines out there, but it was exceptionally short acting.

Edit: I'm not considering LSD in this list, as it is an ergoloid, so I'll just focus on the simple "naked" tryptamines.

^ It's interesting that you find 4-HO-DiPT very visual, for most people it's the other way around. For me, it was very mild visually also. 4-AcO-DiPT, on the other hand, was much more rich and colourful for me.

I thought mushrooms were excluded from this discussion. If they are included, they win hands down for me, and not only as my favourite tryptamine psychedelic, but favourite psychedelic in general. At this point, I don't think anything will ever have any chance to push shrooms off of that position for me, save for DMT.

In principle, yes, mushrooms and LSD were to be excluded. I intended for this to be more of a discussion of the "non-traditional" synthetic/semi-synthetic tryptamines- basically those available in powder/crystal form. But, this discussion is very interesting, so I'm not complainin :D

Also, to the poster who said 5-meo-dalt - that's interesting, I've heard conflicting reports of it's activity, let alone being considered a "favorite" ...care to share more of your experiences with this compound?

1. DMT
2. Mushrooms
3. Psilacetin

Need to give DPT another go!