Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Favorite tryptamine?

joanmiro

Bluelighter
Hello everyone,

If someone were fortunate enough to have access to a wide variety of tryptamines (Say, all of them except DMT), and they had to choose one, which would you suggest? For personal/spiritual exploration? Recreation? Sex?

This person in question would have previous experience with psylocibin/shrooms & DPT.

If I could make a poll I would, but I don't think I can ...

gracias for your help in my non-scientific survey!

If you tried mushrooms, don't expect other 4-substituted T's to be radically different - although you may enjoy them more due to slight differences.

For me though, DMT is the king of them all - and it is at least as accessible as the others.

4) iprocin 4 ho DiPT

havent had that in a while now so it slipped my mind.

1. LSD (Does this count?)
2. DMT
3. 4-aco-DMT

although must admit only other I've had are mushrooms... gotta start exploring the tryptamines.

Anyone know any that feel significantly different than what I posted/ mushrooms?

1. 5-MeO-DMT
2. DPT/n,n-DMT
3. Mushrooms
4. 4-AcO-DMT

For me, 5-MeO-DMT is the ultimate experience, although n,n-DMT in high dosages seems to lead to the same place. And no, not a "normal" breakthrough, but some kind of a plateau higher than that, if that's possible. Like finding the answer to the question of life you never knew the words of, but of which's existence you did know. The content of emptiness, the resonance of silence <3

1)DMT
2)Psilocybin + Moclobemide (very similar to oral DMT only lasts twice as long)
3)LSD

I like 5-MeO-DiPT a lot as well. it's very euphoric to me, and luckily I don't get any of the negative side effects from it.

Thanks for all the answers everyone. I appreciate it. So from what I've studied it seems the 4 substituted tryps are very similar to shrooms (in general) but it seems the 5 tryps are a whole other ball game- and so, I guess, are more intriguing to me...for example- 5-MeO-DiPT (amongst the others) what's the deal with it? Some people say it's a wonderdrug, others say it does nothing, and others say it makes them deathly ill. So what's the real scoop?

Thanks for all the answers everyone. I appreciate it. So from what I've studied it seems the 4 substituted tryps are very similar to shrooms (in general) but it seems the 5 tryps are a whole other ball game- and so, I guess, are more intriguing to me...for example- 5-MeO-DiPT (amongst the others) what's the deal with it? Some people say it's a wonderdrug, others say it does nothing, and others say it makes them deathly ill. So what's the real scoop?
I guess the only way to find out how it works for you is to try it out yourself...

among the 5-substituted tryptamines, 5-MeO-DMT is one of my all times favourites. smoking a full dose of it (10-15 mg) makes my conciousness explode into bright light white - absolutely amazing! but also with this compound, some people experience heavy bodyload and dislike it for this reason.

1.)DMT
2.)4-AcO-DMT
3.)4-HO-DMT
4.)DPT I'm sure will be on this list as soon as I have the opportunity to give it a try.

edit- Trying 5-MeO-MIPT in a couple days so we'll see how that goes.

Personally, I don't find the 4-substituted tryptamines very similar to mushrooms at all (with the exception of maybe 4-AcO-DMT, but even that is very different IME). I've tried 4-AcO-DiPT, 4-HO-DiPT, 4-HO-MiPT, 4-HO-MET, and 4-AcO-DMT. Of those, my favourite was 4-AcO-DMT, with miprocin as the close second. Nothing is even close to the high standards mushrooms have set for me though, I suspect only pure psilocin might be able to top those, if I ever got the chance to try some.

Actually, I find even N,N-MET more similar to mushrooms than most of the 4-substituted tryptamines I've tried. Go figure.

For me, the top 3 would be as follows:

1) DPT
2) 4-AcO-DMT
3) 4-HO-MiPT

Actually, the first two are pretty much a tie for me. Both wonderful in appropriate situations. DPT is extremely powerful as a tool for spiritual exploration, psilacetin is better suited for recreational use IMO.

I haven't had the chance to try DMT yet, so it is out (for now). I also excluded LSD (not a real tryptamine, and also out of the scope of this thread as per OP's situation).

5-MeO-DMT is also very interesting, although I never got to explore it much at high doses. It was just too intimidating for me at the time. I also haven't tried the rest of the 5-MeO's (save for 5-MeO-AMT, which would easily secure the first place uncontested, were the list reversed), but I hear some of them are appreciated for their erotic qualities.

Of those I have not had the chance to taste yet, I think I would be most interested in DET, mainly for it's perfect duration when smoked. Too bad it's extremely rare these days.

Last edited:
ive only tried lsd, shrooms and dmt, as far as tryptamines go, and dmt wins it.

"If someone were fortunate enough to have access to a wide variety of tryptamines (Say, all of them except DMT)"
why except dmt??