Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film Favorite movie/movies about drugs??

SoCalShordie

Moderator: TL
Staff member
My favorites off the top of my head are:

Requiem For A Dream
Spun
Trainspotting
Candy
Enter The Void

I know there’s probably more I can’t think of atm but what are your faves??

Lock stock and two smoking barrels
I don't really consider that a drug movie, but I love when the stoner girl randomly wakes up and grabs the Bren gun lol.

I think my favorite 'drug movie' has to be Drugstore Cowboy. My wife and I both loved it, and from a junkie's perspective, I found it to be a fun and unbiased flick, that didn't make you feel bad for your addiction but also didn't make you feel good? Hard to explain, but I liked that the main character got clean. Great cameo from William Burroughs too.

I don't really consider that a drug movie, but I love when the stoner girl randomly wakes up and grabs the Bren gun lol.

I think my favorite 'drug movie' has to be Drugstore Cowboy. My wife and I both loved it, and from a junkie's perspective, I found it to be a fun and unbiased flick, that didn't make you feel bad for your addiction but also didn't make you feel good? Hard to explain, but I liked that the main character got clean. Great cameo from William Burroughs too.
Well the entire plot sort of revolves around a large amount of marijuana.

I’ve never seen Drugstore Coyboys! Definitely one I’ve always wanted to see.

My favorites off the top of my head are:

Requiem For A Dream
Spun
Trainspotting
Candy
Enter The Void

I know there’s probably more I can’t think of atm but what are your faves??

Requiem for a Dream
Spun
Smiley Face
The Basketball Diaries
Trainspotting
Enter the Void
Blow
Black Metal Veins
Pineapple Express
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
Christine F
The Wolf of Wall Street
City of God
Drugstore Cowboy
Bad Lieutenant
Leaving Las Vegas
The Panic in Needle Park
Altered States

Requiem for a Dream
Spun
Smiley Face
The Basketball Diaries
Trainspotting
Enter the Void
Blow
Black Metal Veins
Pineapple Express
Christine F
The Wolf of Wall Street
City of God
Drugstore Cowboy
Bad Lieutenant
Leaving Las Vegas
The Panic in Needle Park
Altered States
Oh I forgot about altered states!! It's an amazing book, too!!!

Why does that sound mega familiar…
It was made into a film by Richard Linklater. 2006. Stars Keanu Reeves, Robert Downey Jr., Woody Haralson, and Winona Rider.

Great film. I bought it on Bluray. When I showed it to my wife she said she enjoyed it but it made her depressed. It's basically a film about the modern rehab system we have set up somehow over the 15 years since the film came out. Probably seemed like sci-fi in the 20th century... but now it's very real and hits home hard.

Requiem for a Dream
Spun
Smiley Face
The Basketball Diaries
Trainspotting
Enter the Void
Blow
Black Metal Veins
Pineapple Express
Christine F
The Wolf of Wall Street
City of God
Drugstore Cowboy
Bad Lieutenant
Leaving Las Vegas
The Panic in Needle Park
Altered States
Great list. Don't forget Scarface!

a million little pieces, pretty good film `bout rehab,WD and temptation, with a fleck of weird romance .some classic lines in the flick, both kinds, def a worth a look see

THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN ARM.
SINATRA AS A JUNKIE 💯
Omg how did I even forget about that movie!!! My grandmother put me on to that movie years ago, I was actually shooting heroin at the time myself. I thought it was an incredible film all around. Definitely have to change my answer to say this one is my fave.

Omg how did I even forget about that movie!!! My grandmother put me on to that movie years ago, I was actually shooting heroin at the time myself. I thought it was an incredible film all around. Definitely have to change my answer to say this one is my fave.
Funny, I just watched it for the first time on YouTube yesterday. Definitely one of my fav movies now too.