• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Fast methadone taper help

Ok I I'll take 20 and see what happens. Hopefully a little sleep. I've been waking up at 4am for so many years I have an internal alarm clock.

Thank you Somni! I wish I could reach out and hug you from here you've been a lifesaver tonight. I thought I'd been through some stuff before but this was just something from the bowels of hell. I wouldn't wish it on anyone. Not even my dumb ex husband lol.

Fantastic... This is going to work out great. We will get you there Barbie. Find that dose that will make you comfortable and then we can work out the methadone taper tomorrow. I truly believe that if done rt. you will have little to no discomfort switching over to the PK's especially if you are getting more roxies. Right now do not take another roxie and take the methadone. Don't be afraid to aim a bit higher on the dose for this first night. You are highly depleted and that first dose will probably take a bit more as we are playing catchup for your previous build up tolerance. Tomorrow will be easier because we will have a better idea of where you are at and you will still have a bit of methadone in your system to build on.

<3Somni- I'm here for ya doll

Ok I put the roxis up. I just took 20mg so hopefully that will help. I know I'm a lot of trouble and I appreciate all the help.
I really wish there was a name change option. I haven't been a bad barbie in almost 3 years. I'm trying to be a good Barbie now lol.

Ok I put the roxis up. I just took 20mg so hopefully that will help. I know I'm a lot of trouble and I appreciate all the help.
I really wish there was a name change option. I haven't been a bad barbie in almost 3 years. I'm trying to be a good Barbie now lol.

Lol... I'm sure a mod might be able to help ya on that one. Whatever kind of Barbie you are I bet your a southern sweetheart and a doll in either incarnation<3

The relief for your troubles are on the way. We are about to make this a lot easier on you

Lol Def southern not been so sweet for the past few days. My mom has never heard me curse ever. I've said F**k at least a thousand times this week alone and made her cry. This tiny lil woman who won't take an aspirin went out found her daughter some weed to try and help wd's (and still won't tell me where) cried over a word. Felt so bad but couldn't stop laughing. Horrible person I am.

I hope you get some sleep. I think you made the right decision to get back on the mdone and taper a little. No need to put yourself through hell like you where doing. Let us know what dose it takes for you to sleep so we can recommend a starting point for the taper.

Well I took the 5 I think and then the 20 and I slept about an hour. I wish I would have just taken 30 like was recommended but I wasn't thinking straight. I still feel like hell but not as intense as before. Im going to get up now and try to eat a bagel and get fluids in me. I am exhausted but my brain won't shut off long enough to sleep. And that little hour or less I just slept I had the worst nightmares I've ever had. I woke up with my heart racing and like I couldn't breath it was scary.

How many hours do I wait before taking more? I don't want to od but the 20mg didn't do much at all. Do I wait a full 24 hours? I don't want to take a lot more because I only have so much saved up. But I also can't stay in bed after today. I have to go in tomorrow sometime and get caught up on where we are at work then be ther Monday morning at 6am ready to roll. Do you think 10 extra mg is too much to go up or should I do 5 to be safe? I couldn't find alot of info that says how long to wait. Outpatient waits 24 hours and inpatient varies. So I can do this for another 24 if I have too but if I don't then I'd rather be able to get up and get some things done around here if possible. Nothing crazy just laundry and make some calls. I'm in real estate/property managment so me being gone for 3 weeks I'm sure things are a mess at work.

Your not going to OD I promise. 10 mg every 2 hours seems reasonable to me. But if I where you I would take another 20mg right now. Once you get well staying well will be easier to do with less drugs. Because of the half-life. I would guess it's going to take 40mg to get to a point where you are not hurting. That brings the problem of then you only have a week's worth of methadone though. So I would cap my dose at 40mg today. See what that does for you. If your still unbearabley sick then start adding loperamide on top of it until you can function. Tommorow j suggest you dose 20mg of methadone and 20mg of loperamide plus 20mg of restoril. Just drink alot of fluids because lope is really dehyating. Also you have to remember that your body just took an absolute pounding so try to eat a good meal and get down a ton of fluids today while you are semi well. I also suggest you take as much restoril as you need to pass out while your semi well. There is really no chance you are going to OD with the meds at your disposal so don't sweat that.

I still can't eat. Tried some toast and it came right back up. I may be heading to the er if I can't keep liquids down. TMI but I'm not peeing at all since yesterday evening. With my Cystinuria dehydration causes more problems.
I will try another 20 and keep you posted. Thanks CJ ❤️

You sound dehydrated. Not eating is also bad for your kidneys because your body starts eating muscle.tissue which is gnarly for your kidneys to break down. I screwed up my kidneys like that. Go to the ER if you have too just be prepared to get treated like shit and don't take it personally. At the very least they can give you some IV fluids and some phenergan.

Hang in there your going to be ok.

I feel a lil better after taking that extra 20. I have drank half of a ginger ale and ate 2 bites of a sandwich. I didn't want to push my luck. Still nauseous but not as bad. I'd rather stay out of the er here but if I need to go I will. I'd much rather hydrate at home than deal with judgmental nurses and dr at the er.

Lol... I'm sure a mod might be able to help ya on that one. Whatever kind of Barbie you are I bet your a southern sweetheart and a doll in either incarnation<3

The relief for your troubles are on the way. We are about to make this a lot easier on you

IIRC, if a user wants to change their handle, it only takes a small donation to BL ;)

https://store.maps.org/np/clients/maps/donation.jsp?campaign=15

I feel a lil better after taking that extra 20. I have drank half of a ginger ale and ate 2 bites of a sandwich. I didn't want to push my luck. Still nauseous but not as bad. I'd rather stay out of the er here but if I need to go I will. I'd much rather hydrate at home than deal with judgmental nurses and dr at the er.

are you able to eat yet Barbie?

I'm thinking another 20mg tonight for solid sleep and then we can begin a more regimented taper. We need to get you stable enough for work.

No still too nauseous. Tried eating some soup but just couldn't. Took a zofran 8mg just waiting for it to work. I have been sipping ginger ale tho and even peed for the first time today. I have saltine crackers that I take a teeny tiny bite of about every 15 minutes. So that's better than nothing I guess. I'm thinking I will take the other 20 around 4pm. Or is that too early? I wanted to take more a long time ago but I don't want to take such a high dose that I mess up the plan. I think I may have a good bit more than 500mg (minus what I've taken today and last night) I added it up from my taper schedule and it was closer to 750-800. I can't remember but I was shocked at what I should have. I know I have 2 sealed bottles of 100mg plus a large prescription bottle full. It's 10mg/ml so 20mg was such a tiny amount. I'm using this little veterinary syringe minus the sharp part to measure it and it's a 1mL. It just doesn't all come out when I push tho so my dose prob isn't accurate.

Ok I was wrong I have about 660mg left. Sorry I added it up earlier and clearly my brain wasn't functioning well at the time.

It's been almost an hour after taking the other 20. I feel better. Not a lot but enough where I got up and showered and ate a banana. Nausea is much better and I feel like I may get some sleep tonight.
So from reading your posts I take it that I should still feel sick but not to the extreme I was, correct? I shouldn't take so much methadone that I'm completely wd free? Also, I am unsure about tomorow. Should I do 20mg am then 20mg pm or just take the 40 all at once? Or less than 40?
Sorry for all these questions. I thought I'd be free of this by now. All that suffering I did seems like it was for nothing. I'm so disappointed in myself but at the same time I'm glad to have a little bit of relief. I was starting to feel like death was right around the corner.

methadone can take 4-5hrs to peak so I would wait to take more but honestly I would just try to take the minimum dose. Just enough to be comfortable. That being said though since you didn't sleep last night and you work Monday it might be worth taking another 10-20mgs in a few hrs if you feel it is necessary. Then if you still feel O.K when you wake up tomorrow try waiting as long as you can and then take 20mgs. Then we can wait and see if you will need another 10-20mgs for sleep. We might have to take this day by day in the very beginning until you stabilize but certainly Monday or Tues we need to make a definitive taper plan to stick to. You probably won't need 40mgs a day once we get enough initial methadone in your body to stabilize, as you should be able to get by on less after this initial induction.

We also really need to keep an eye on how much you have left before we make the final plan.... So by my calculations you should have 640mgs and 620 if you take another 20mgs.

It is probably going to be best to take your dose as late in the day as possible to aid with sleep(thinking evenings). I think you will be able to get by at work without much problem because you will be too distracted to notice the more minor discomforts. We can make a split schedule if needed but it will make things more complicated so I would like to get to a once a day dosing schedule for you.

Last edited:
So you took 60mg today? Like somni said take as much as you need to get completely out of withdrawal right now. You need to sleep eat and rehydrate. If you do those 3 you will feel like a new person in the morning