• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Fast methadone taper help

I'm doing pretty good. It's day 11 of no methadone. Every day gets a little easier. I'm still dealing with the terrible insomnia and all the mental/emotional stuff. But for the most part, I'm ok.

If I've learned anything from this taper it's this...the slower you go the better. When I first started tapering I went from 100mg to zero in about 10 days. And I never really got sick. Until I did. It was around day 3 of no methadone went things went really bad. Day 10 of nothing I ended up taking I think 20mg and slowly tapering from there. And I can tell a huge difference in how much better this second taper was. I mean, I still got sick but it wasn't close to death sick like before. And I am getting closer to my goals every day. I'm thinking in about a month I'll be able to go see my surgeon and tell him I'm off the methadone and begin the process of healing physically. And I couldn't have made it this far without everyone here.

?Barb

Also forgot to add that I had to quit taking the morphine. Even with the benedryl the rash got worse. Every time I took a pill the rash spread. It ended up all over my body and face. And I was eating too many benedryl so I assume I'm allergic. I'm now just taking one or two a day of the oxy I had saved up from before. I'm mostly using them to help with my pain until I see my dr again. Hopefully he will get my referral to pain management in next visit.

Last edited: