• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Fake ketamine in the UK

Exactly this. Big indoor/outdoor rave scene, full to the brim of psy trance & acid techno hippies, and just subculture.
When I was at Glade Festival you would get the Bristol Psy Trance hippies cooking up (olschool, liquid/indinan) ketamine on a stove into crystals/powder, selling it for a tenner a gram. Festival cost.

Bristol is the UK capital of ketamine. I've never bought a £10 gram from a dealer from anywhere else. My ex-girlfriend used to get really annoyed when I tried to explain that the UK ket capital definitely wasn't Oxford, just because loads of the students their apparently loved their ket.
In 2002/03 I could get completely pure ket from London squat parties at, yep, £10 a g. It was easier than finding an available working tap for water to be honest. Now it just feels like I’m missing a very dear old friend who I wonder if I’ll ever see again. Shitty shitty boo boo.

Do you remember the “bastard powder”?

Damn, wrong year by one. I was 2007 - were you there then? But Tom... incidently known at iirc Tom the Bastard, told me aalllll about it, very fondly, many many times. I think Fran might know too, I'm closer too her. I can't quite remember the story or remember those involved, but I'll lay it down as best I can... this shits like underground EADDD lore:

Somebody found a gram of something nobody could identify. Being Glades (or psycles) primary undercover drugs identifcation and usage squad, you submitted yourselves to tests sniffing lines of said unidentified substabce. It was before most viable RC's and nobody could figure out what it was. It was detrmined that it was bastard powder, though I cant remember the effects.

I think maybe Evad and Kate were there as well?

Does your name begin with an M?

The line below I genuinely do not remember typing at all and I do not know why its there. Ive just woken after a k-hole a few hours back mind, so make of that what you will (got distrscted typing this post at 7am btw, if that no longer makes sense). I swear I didnt type this:

Still... I think the basatard

Last edited:
This is the stuff I had that seemed as strong as anything else. A strange crystal texture but that seems common with ketamine for whatever reason.

This is the stuff I had that seemed as strong as anything else. A strange crystal texture but that seems common with ketamine for whatever reason.

I've had stuff like that, rarest form of crystal to see in the UK for sure, looks cooked from a distance but its actually still crystal. We always called it the 'big rock' k. I remember getting a L (50g for those who dont know) and like 44g was in one rock. Was such a shame to smash it up. Might have a pic somewhere but I'm going back corrr quite a while, maybe 5 years, wasn't too long after the bad UK drought, the price of an L was almost double what it is now.
Everytime ive had big rock k its been obvious s-isomer and always hit really hard, although its strangely the only k i havent enjoyed IVing... It smelt weird (plasticy) in the spoon when cooking and less than 300mg hardly tickled me at all yet 350mg made me fall off my mates stool face plant the floor bust my nose open and ruin his carpet lol. Its actually so much nicer to cook it up and sniff it as powder rather than snort it in crystal btw, imo. Been about 2 years since ive seen any about! Those pics got me quite triggered tbh, looks so nice 🤤 I get paid in about 12 hours too.

Or i could be wrong and it could be shard/fine crystal thats been cooked up slowly with very little water so it hasnt gone very fluffy

I've had stuff like that, rarest form of crystal to see in the UK for sure, looks cooked from a distance but its actually still crystal. We always called it the 'big rock' k. I remember getting a L (50g for those who dont know) and like 44g was in one rock. Was such a shame to smash it up. Might have a pic somewhere but I'm going back corrr quite a while, maybe 5 years, wasn't too long after the bad UK drought, the price of an L was almost double what it is now.
Everytime ive had big rock k its been obvious s-isomer and always hit really hard, although its strangely the only k i havent enjoyed IVing... It smelt weird (plasticy) in the spoon when cooking and less than 300mg hardly tickled me at all yet 350mg made me fall off my mates stool face plant the floor bust my nose open and ruin his carpet lol. Its actually so much nicer to cook it up and sniff it as powder rather than snort it in crystal btw, imo. Been about 2 years since ive seen any about! Those pics got me quite triggered tbh, looks so nice 🤤 I get paid in about 12 hours too.

Or i could be wrong and it could be shard/fine crystal thats been cooked up slowly with very little water so it hasnt gone very fluffy

Hey man.

I remember the big rock k, but I dont think this is quite it, unless its been crushed down which doesn't make sense because of that stuffs reputation, other than cuts; but it seems incredibly strong. Its possibly got more of a fluffy nature but I havent seen big rock ketamine since 2020 so cant quite remember. For reference those biggest rocks are like 5mm long and this is how it came from the local source. Definitely s+ though.

Is anyone else getting/seeing this stuff?

And don't worry, I knew how to crush it finely onto my trusty snifffing case. ;)

FTR I'd say that my first line which hit me pretty hard was about 2/3 the size of the one on the left. And I've got tolerance; it just resets then rapidly acrues the more I sniff until I leave it a week or so.

The only stuff I ever really don't fully crush fully is the fine shard Indian needlepoint racemic, as I find it can be be enjoyable and beneficial to let some sit inside your mid-nose and let it absorb slowly. Generally crush all with some kind of roller into some sweet fine crystaline powder.

Does anybody know why ketamine seems to come in such varied textures since 2011 or whatever? Is it some kind of precursor thing? Always seems to me like MDMA is generally quite consistent (small crystals or big rocks, brown or white), cocaine is fine powder or a very soft white rock, 2cb is usually fine powder brown HBR or white HCL, etc. Ketamine is all over the place and thats before the fairly recent active cuts started popping up.

Is it possible to get 90%+ pure ketamine? Apparently I can get some but don't know if he's just saying that for whatever reason but said it was lab tested. I suppose I try some but wanted to know if 90+% is available usually and what it tends to look like etc. Thanks anyone who can help.

Is it possible to get 90%+ pure ketamine? Apparently I can get some but don't know if he's just saying that for whatever reason but said it was lab tested. I suppose I try some but wanted to know if 90+% is available usually and what it tends to look like etc. Thanks anyone who can help.

So despite what many think, any isolated drug such as Ketamine can be 99+% pure. What happened many years ago when dark markets first arose, vendors create this myth of an idea that drugs could only max out at a certain purity based on the ratio of freebase molecule to the acid used. In the case of MDMA, people would say it maxed out at 84% because that’s roughly the ratio of MDMA to HCl. That’s not really how purity works.

When creating a salt form of a drug with an acid we create in essence a new compound which can reach 99+% purity in theory. Only reason some drugs may not is if they are very hard to purify for whatever reason.

In defense of what you’re saying (I like to play devils advocate on myself) Ketamine these days often contains the precursor to it in ratios of around 10%. This doesn’t mean K can’t get more pure, but this is just how most of today’s K is. Likely due to sloppy chemistry practices.

-GC

So despite what many think, any isolated drug such as Ketamine can be 99+% pure. What happened many years ago when dark markets first arose, vendors create this myth of an idea that drugs could only max out at a certain purity based on the ratio of freebase molecule to the acid used. In the case of MDMA, people would say it maxed out at 84% because that’s roughly the ratio of MDMA to HCl. That’s not really how purity works.

When creating a salt form of a drug with an acid we create in essence a new compound which can reach 99+% purity in theory. Only reason some drugs may not is if they are very hard to purify for whatever reason.

In defense of what you’re saying (I like to play devils advocate on myself) Ketamine these days often contains the precursor to it in ratios of around 10%. This doesn’t mean K can’t get more pure, but this is just how most of today’s K is. Likely due to sloppy chemistry practices.

-GC
Thought most ketamin came fromdiverted pharmaceutical sources, which wouldn't have 10% precursor as an impurity, as pharma grade are held to very precise standards. If it was produced clandestinely, why no MXE, as it's an almost identical synthesis and it is in demand?
Just commenting.

Thought most ketamin came fromdiverted pharmaceutical sources, which wouldn't have 10% precursor as an impurity, as pharma grade are held to very precise standards. If it was produced clandestinely, why no MXE, as it's an almost identical synthesis and it is in demand?
Just commenting.

These days much of it is illicitly synthesized. DrugsData analysis shows pretty much every sample in the US at least having this precursor.

To your question, idk man… I missed the boat on that one too. I remember thinking I probably wouldn’t like it, now I know how stupid I was lol.

-GC

These days much of it is illicitly synthesized. DrugsData analysis shows pretty much every sample in the US at least having this precursor.

To your question, idk man… I missed the boat on that one too. I remember thinking I probably wouldn’t like it, now I know how stupid I was lol.

-GC
Maybe the 3-methoxy precursor raises more flags than the 2-chloro, for ketamine. That said, ketamine synth requires methylamine, which is closely watched because of it's use in making meth on an industrial scale, whereas MXE uses ethylamine, which I think isn't really watched.
One of the weird cases of "why?"

When crap, bashed or fake K is around it stops me buying it, if I get sold that more than twice I stop buying off that dealer and end up deleting thier number and having a big tolerance break

I actually stopped buying off someone early this year or maybe last year as he kept selling stuff that smelled like essential oils, it was rank, my nose was so offended by it I'd have to blow it, then wipe it out with baby wipes, and if that didn't work have a bath and completely wash my face and nose, oh and bin the rest of it

When crap, bashed or fake K is around it stops me buying it, if I get sold that more than twice I stop buying off that dealer and end up deleting thier number and having a big tolerance break

I actually stopped buying off someone early this year or maybe last year as he kept selling stuff that smelled like essential oils, it was rank, my nose was so offended by it I'd have to blow it, then wipe it out with baby wipes, and if that didn't work have a bath and completely wash my face and nose, oh and bin the rest of it
sounds grim mate

if you are uk send your k to wedinos, free testing and quite fast

if you are uk send your k to wedinos, free testing and quite fast

I would of but I forgot to save any as I was so mad when it happened I threw it away, thinking back there's so many I should of sent off, I have sent some stuff off before that I really thought must be cut but it didn't come back as anything other than K, I think some bash slips through the net, I could be wrong though

Yeah I got some ket online and it's disgusting, nothing like what I was taking in the early 2000s, God knows what's in it, and I still have most it but I won't touch it

is tiletamine illegal in the uk, does it come under the 2016 psychoactive act or can i say its for me dog? ;)