• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Extremely heavy DMT trip,what to do?

Fuck psychedelics man
I'm not touching them again.That dmt trip was my last. I AIN'T EVEN GONNA TOUCH WEED AGAIN.Thisshit is getting worse and worse day by day,I feel dead.I have fcked my mind up,what the hell is going on with me...
Ego death was something I should pay in order to love life again.Even though I feel dead, my love on life got greater.I want to FEEL ALIVE.
The ego is still dead though....
Sorry for the f word but I can't express it another way
Do DMT again. Maybe you get something positive next time. Submit to the void. You have to let go. We get it; reality is obscure and seemingly meaningless. But there is a flipside, positive aspect to that which DMT interprets the best. Try again with a more welcoming disposition.

Do DMT again. Maybe you get something positive next time. Submit to the void. You have to let go. We get it; reality is obscure and seemingly meaningless. But there is a flipside, positive aspect to that which DMT interprets the best. Try again with a more welcoming disposition.

No way.I did one more trip after the heavy one and it felt extremely weiRd

you try to quit that too?
I used to do a LOT of smack and it fucks with your head on an almost undetectable level...you'll never know if stopping it will help your current situation unless you give it a shot...pun intended.

I'm telling you man, the more you tell yourself you've fucked yourself up, the worse it's going to get. You have to *believe* that things will return to normality, because they will if you let them. It's not easy, nor will it happen right away. But all you're doing by telling yourself that is digging a hole and prolonging it. Especially considering that you say that your love of life has improved, you really just need to let the experience sink in and then you can move on. Everything does eventually. SO many people have been where you are now before and come out of it alright, I promise.

I'm telling you man, the more you tell yourself you've fucked yourself up, the worse it's going to get. You have to *believe* that things will return to normality, because they will if you let them. It's not easy, nor will it happen right away. But all you're doing by telling yourself that is digging a hole and prolonging it. Especially considering that you say that your love of life has improved, you really just need to let the experience sink in and then you can move on. Everything does eventually. SO many people have been where you are now before and come out of it alright, I promise.

Thanks man your posts are priceless

I'm glad you think so, I hope they help you in the end. <3 I figured I'd add this too... in relation to anxiety being like a self-fulfilling prophecy. I don't know if you've ever gotten into lucid dreaming, but there's a practice people employ to get better at it called auto-suggestion. Basically, you tell yourself "I will remember my dreams tonight.", "I will become lucid tonight.", "I will remember to complete [whatever random goal] in my dreams tonight.", and etc. Some find that it works even better when stated in first person. The idea behind this is that dreams are built from schemas, all of these little tidbits of information that your mind picks up about the workings of reality throughout your daily life. You can't walk through walls, fire is hot, your boss always pesters you about the Johnson report.... These things are all added as schemas, and thus they work their way into the way your dreams simulate reality. But it's more than just the things you see in front of you in reality.... For example, if you go and watch Harry Potter, your brain will absorb the information "People can cast magic using wands." Next thing you know, you're in a wizard duel against a dream thief who's trying to steal all of the overdue books you were on your way to return to the hardware store / drive-in theater. To your brain, this is simply logically recreating your daily life using the information you've learned about the laws of reality.

The reason that auto-suggestion works for lucid dreaming, especially when said in first person, is because this information-processing machine inside you, but your external self which interacts with the rest of the world is just as much a part of it as anything else. If you tell yourself "I know when I am dreaming." enough, your brain will start to believe it. The same logic applies to reality checks, such as checking your watch twice in real life whenever you notice something odd, because if you do this enough then your brain will encode it as one of your behaviors when encoding the dream, which includes you in it. And this is possible because those very schema which are behind your dreams (and your trips) are also the working behind our imagination itself; they are what allow us to build a lucid understanding of how to deal with the world we inhabit. And it's that same system which governs how you behave both in your dreams and in real life. So... what happens when you tell yourself "I've damaged myself.", "I'll never be normal again.", "I feel dead."...? Yup, that's right... your brain encodes this as a part of who you are, and refers to the schemas. Over the course of your life you've learned that people who feel these things have developmental problems, and so your brain will adjust your personality to act appropriately. Just like when people act fake for too long and then start "becoming the mask".... You believe what you repeatedly tell yourself you believe. And why wouldn't you?

You were doing fine before, but all it takes is one bad experience to set that off. The problem is that the experience itself was fleeting, but you're keeping it around by telling yourself it was permanent. It's not. Let it go.... You can and will return to your old self if you let yourself.

More food for thought. :)

It is what it is me brethren. Just go with it. Normal life is overrated. The suffering is there, they're just not aware of the source of it.

SoonAJunkie,

Maybe consider that the sense you had of who you are has not been lost permanently, only superimposed with a sense of what you are. Your experience is still relatively new and probably at its strongest. I do not believe the two (who and what) have to be exclusive. A sudden dramatic shift in perception may also account for a resistance to the idea and an attempt to cling to 'the familiar' for some people.

If you consider your physical body a manifestation of God/Universal life/awareness, then on some level you would know and be everything. Maybe give things some time to be absorbed into your psyche. Consider that 'feeling dead' may be your minds way of portraying the 'I' as an illusion ? But remember the manifestation as an integral part of the whole.

It seems to me, although i have had very limited experience with heroin, that you may have gone from an 'I' duvet to the other extreme. Again i only have a small amount of experience with LSD and mushrooms. Consider your reaction to a possible shock of the two extremes. This may be playing a larger part in things than you realize.

Please disregard my post if you find no value in it, but do be kind to yourself and give yourself some time. You may end up seeing this experience as a blessing if/when you find an alternative perspective to it.

Hey

Last edited:
Definitely need to cut out the heroin man. Being on heroin in the first place should've been your deterrent to not do DMT. psychedelics will expose your weaknesses and I think one is way more affected by his or her well being and physical health, from my personal perspective. Your body hurts when it is dependent upon drugs, especially opiates. Opiates zap your body of it's nutrients and sounds like maybe your conscience is starting to recognize the agony the addiction is causing you. The mind is never in a stable state for any kind of trip when it's dependent upon powerful drugs like heroin. I would definitely get on a quitting regime and have yourself another DMT trip to fortify your quitting habits after you're a little more stable.

hi...a month ago I had a truly heavy dmt trip.I loaded the pipe with a lot of dmt,and smoked it.I broke through very hard. I am sure that I experienced sever ego death,but it started wearing off... The first days after that trip,I felt like the whole world was a lie. That nothing existed.During the dmt trip,I felt like shit,I got extremely tired, I wanted to sleep but didn't know what sleep is,who i am,who my friends and parents are...I don't remember the visuals at all,they were so different from my other dmt trips.I felt like I was dying and born again and again and again....

Now after that trip, I realized that ignorance is a bliss. I'm trying to be as normal as possible, I started watching football again, make friends again,get a girlfriend (that's hard hahahaha), and generally be a normal person with an average life...Needless to say that I have quitted all drugs,well,for now I'm sure I won't do any drugs,let alone dmt...My trip was so terrifying, I was god himself for 15 minutes, I knew everything I Was everything...

Can someone please tell me what to do to make the trip wear off completely.... I don't wanna feel like I don't exist,or life is a lie,it's driving me crazy....

Sorry for the long post

You reached a level few have been initiated into.... cause you saw pure truth, raw indeed. You are god and the universe, it is a lie, and even a bad one at that.... Good will come of this in the long run for you though..... You decide life is bigger than YOU you, but everyone else (who also is YOU) I had that trip when I was 19 on salvia , and I saw that I was just one giant entity in a void trying to come to grips with my distiburbing lonliness.

why do you say that? because you think he'll go crazy if he tries it again? lol. Do you not see where it'd be beneficial?
These unwanted psychological effects could simply be a negative reaction to DMT. You have retroactively linked them to what you view as personal issues with heroin abuse. I would not call that very logical.

If you think going crazy is beneficial then you do not have a valid viewpoint.

These unwanted psychological effects could simply be a negative reaction to DMT. You have retroactively linked them to what you view as personal issues with heroin abuse. I would not call that very logical.

If you think going crazy is beneficial then you do not have a valid viewpoint.

A negative reaction to DMT? Wtf are you talking about? Are you saying that he was basically allergic to it? Wtf. I would call that not logical. psychedelics have been KNOWN to increase a person's awareness of pain, as well as euphoria and the like. THAT'S what psychedelics tend to do, heighten our senses and feelings. THAT can be a longterm lasting effect from any psychedelic, and heroin users are typically known to NOT be the happiest campers. In fact, I believe that is the category of users that tends to off themselves the most due to depression and anxiety. The simple fear of withdrawing can trigger unpleasant thoughts and physical pains. Our bodies weren't meant to 'function' on these hard substances. Recreational or even medicated use of street heroin is going to damage your body one way or another and is blatantly obvious that it will affect his mindset. Unless he is getting some pharmaceutical grade heroin, and properly dosing it for some type of pain, the way he is using it is no doubt harming his body and mind. Soooo, linking this personal issue with his DMT trip, he probably became more aware of the physical and psychological affects the heroin has had and is having on him. How is that not plausible to you? Are you just trying to troll again?

A negative reaction to DMT? Wtf are you talking about? Are you saying that he was basically allergic to it? Wtf. I would call that not logical. psychedelics have been KNOWN to increase a person's awareness of pain, as well as euphoria and the like. THAT'S what psychedelics tend to do, heighten our senses and feelings. THAT can be a longterm lasting effect from any psychedelic, and heroin users are typically known to NOT be the happiest campers. In fact, I believe that is the category of users that tends to off themselves the most due to depression and anxiety. The simple fear of withdrawing can trigger unpleasant thoughts and physical pains. Our bodies weren't meant to 'function' on these hard substances. Recreational or even medicated use of street heroin is going to damage your body one way or another and is blatantly obvious that it will affect his mindset. Unless he is getting some pharmaceutical grade heroin, and properly dosing it for some type of pain, the way he is using it is no doubt harming his body and mind. Soooo, linking this personal issue with his DMT trip, he probably became more aware of the physical and psychological affects the heroin has had and is having on him. How is that not plausible to you? Are you just trying to troll again?
It is not plausible because he took a lot of DMT and received a not entirely unexpected result.

Heroin users (possibly) tend to off themselves more often if they are poly drug users. (Darke 2002)

Last edited:
So you basically agree with what I said but yet still say it is implausible..urghhh I'm not even going to try to turn this into a debate.:\

So you basically agree with what I said but yet still say it is implausible..urghhh I'm not even going to try to turn this into a debate.:\
Maybe it is not a debate. I am saying it is implausible that a negative reaction to a drug is an indication of personal faults.

OP as an ex-heroin addict and journeyman of many psychedelic trips i can certainly relate. when it happened to me, it was from an LSD trip though. lets start from the beginning. you were looking for something, thats why you smoked the DMT. you were looking for something different that normal life cant give, but you got a whole lot more than you bargained for, as these substances have a tendency to do from time to time.

your mind is plastic, as in, it can change, by experiences, by substances, etc. its changed. i hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you wont be able to get back to the "old you". that went out the door when you started using psychedelics. and if you are using heroin, especially regularly, you sure as shit arent going to get back to how you were before. opiates can be a temporary escape. a safe haven from the existential anxieties you have from the DMT trip, but you must know the dope wont fix anything. DMT nor heroin are inherently bad, they are just substances. tools that we as humans use. it is up to you, to decide on how or if to use them at all.

think of it like this: you take heroin to get high. as time goes on your tolerance goes up, and what once got you nice and high just makes you feel normal. this normal, is different from the normal you felt years ago before you were on heroin, but its still normal. now DMT has shot you out of a cannon, lightyears away from anything looking like normal. just how you feeling normal with heroin use took time, so will this. getting a hair cut, a 9-5 job, and quitting all other drugs might seem like the fastest path to feeling normal again, but its really not. the real goal is to integrate your trip. this will take a lot of time and patience. the first step is accepting what happened, accepting the things you saw and the feelings you felt, not blocking them out or trying to escape them. who knows how "true" those feelings were, but the important part is you experienced them. coming to terms with this is the biggest hurdle in getting back to feeling normal.

now, once again i dont want to be the bearer of bad news but using heroin and other opiates is counter-productive if you want to get integrate this experience and feel normal. it will take much longer if you are using dope. i dont know how much or for how long you have used but the first real step here is to realize that nothing is gained by touching that stuff. are you addicted? if not, stop taking it now. not all the poppies in asia can make you feel normal again if you cant confront your DMT experience. drug addiction, especially with opiates is like psychic procrastination--it allows you to put off all of the things that you should be worrying about. this is why nothing good can come from it. the task of integrating a shocking experience like this would be hard enough for a sober person, let alone a habitual heroin user.

if you are able to come to these conclusions, you are on the fast-track to getting back to normal. trust me, i went through the same thing. i realized i couldn't hide from the existential angst. i went to a doctor and got on suboxone, and it saved my life. i am sure if i kept on banging dope i would have died. i am still on suboxone and where i once took opiates to get me high and to escape the things in my life i didnt want to deal with, now i take just enough suboxone every day to feel normal.

integrating your DMT experience and your heroin use are at odds with each other, you should recognize that. look into meditation. listen to more music. when you are stressed out, close your eyes and start taking deep breaths. im with you on this dude, just keep on keepin on and you will make it, trust me. feel free to PM me if you want to talk more. i highly recommend suboxone if you are addicted and are ready for a way out. i wish you all the luck in the world OP.

OP as an ex-heroin addict and journeyman of many psychedelic trips i can certainly relate. when it happened to me, it was from an LSD trip though. lets start from the beginning. you were looking for something, thats why you smoked the DMT. you were looking for something different that normal life cant give, but you got a whole lot more than you bargained for, as these substances have a tendency to do from time to time.

your mind is plastic, as in, it can change, by experiences, by substances, etc. its changed. i hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you wont be able to get back to the "old you". that went out the door when you started using psychedelics. and if you are using heroin, especially regularly, you sure as shit arent going to get back to how you were before. opiates can be a temporary escape. a safe haven from the existential anxieties you have from the DMT trip, but you must know the dope wont fix anything. DMT nor heroin are inherently bad, they are just substances. tools that we as humans use. it is up to you, to decide on how or if to use them at all.

think of it like this: you take heroin to get high. as time goes on your tolerance goes up, and what once got you nice and high just makes you feel normal. this normal, is different from the normal you felt years ago before you were on heroin, but its still normal. now DMT has shot you out of a cannon, lightyears away from anything looking like normal. just how you feeling normal with heroin use took time, so will this. getting a hair cut, a 9-5 job, and quitting all other drugs might seem like the fastest path to feeling normal again, but its really not. the real goal is to integrate your trip. this will take a lot of time and patience. the first step is accepting what happened, accepting the things you saw and the feelings you felt, not blocking them out or trying to escape them. who knows how "true" those feelings were, but the important part is you experienced them. coming to terms with this is the biggest hurdle in getting back to feeling normal.

now, once again i dont want to be the bearer of bad news but using heroin and other opiates is counter-productive if you want to get integrate this experience and feel normal. it will take much longer if you are using dope. i dont know how much or for how long you have used but the first real step here is to realize that nothing is gained by touching that stuff. are you addicted? if not, stop taking it now. not all the poppies in asia can make you feel normal again if you cant confront your DMT experience. drug addiction, especially with opiates is like psychic procrastination--it allows you to put off all of the things that you should be worrying about. this is why nothing good can come from it. the task of integrating a shocking experience like this would be hard enough for a sober person, let alone a habitual heroin user.

if you are able to come to these conclusions, you are on the fast-track to getting back to normal. trust me, i went through the same thing. i realized i couldn't hide from the existential angst. i went to a doctor and got on suboxone, and it saved my life. i am sure if i kept on banging dope i would have died. i am still on suboxone and where i once took opiates to get me high and to escape the things in my life i didnt want to deal with, now i take just enough suboxone every day to feel normal.

integrating your DMT experience and your heroin use are at odds with each other, you should recognize that. look into meditation. listen to more music. when you are stressed out, close your eyes and start taking deep breaths. im with you on this dude, just keep on keepin on and you will make it, trust me. feel free to PM me if you want to talk more. i highly recommend suboxone if you are addicted and are ready for a way out. i wish you all the luck in the world OP.
Hey. Not bad. I do want to zoom in on a thought here, not trying to be presumptuous but what is the bigger story behind "I knew I couldn't escape my existential angst"?