• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Extreme quantities of LSD...?

what i meant was, he still is like taht now, like 1 1/2 years after it happened, kinda fucked him up, seemingly for life (not getting anti acid at all :) just telling a story)

The 'Psychdelics Encyclopedia' has an account of someone IVing a gram and dying - of a heart attack, not actual neurotoxicity.

Junglist, unless the guy told you himself, don't believe it.
I remember in high school this one guy disappeared one year and went on to some private art school. The rumor was that he had gone crazy over the summer tripping on acid and couldn't function anymore, which was farther from the truth.
And later on in high school, people liked to make up really bizarre rumors about myself or believe bizarre rumors about myself. Apparently while I was suspended for 3 days, most of the school thought I had gone crazy after taking PCP and after someone on the street gave me crap for having a mohawk I ended up fighting him and biting his arm open and had to be restrained in a mental hospital for a few days.
I never ceased to stop hearing weird stories about people taking drugs, particularly LSD. 99.9% of them are complete bullshit.
The only drug I've ever come across that produces whacky trips like the utter bullshit LSD stories you hear is DOB.

Originally posted by SovietContin:
[QB]
And later on in high school, people liked to make up really bizarre rumors about myself or believe bizarre rumors about myself. Apparently while I was suspended for 3 days, most of the school thought I had gone crazy after taking PCP and after someone on the street gave me crap for having a mohawk I ended up fighting him and biting his arm open and had to be restrained in a mental hospital for a few days.
[QB]
How do you know? Maybe you did and forgot about it. PCP is wierd like that

First of all, I wasn't doing drugs then. Second of all, I was suspended for stealing computer disks with student records on them. While obtaining them was no problem, I passed them to someones sister to give to her brother and instead she turned them back over to the school.

Originally posted by gnrm23:
over at dmt world there is a report of an ingestion of 20 mg lsd... interesting...
hah, maybe this sort of thing is why there's no acid for the rest of us!
plllbth :)

not like he needs it- but i can attest to the brand of "hippy justice" or "lot justice" that descend speaks of.
i was once threatened to "watch my back at any grateful dead concert or gathering" because i got into a heated argument about my ex GF with her "new" BF. the kid was a hippy turned junkie who happenned to get grams a lot. probably an empty threat but i have heard of it hapenning.
1 night 2 of my friends, who were leaving to follow phish , got into a physical argument while everybody was tripping on about 10 jellies-- all free from our 1 friend- he gave away about a sheet of gellies that night. anyway-- the one kid kept telling the other that he had better "be careful on the lot- cuz ya never know what people are putting in your drinks, or throwing in your face--" obviously a ref. to being dosed.
10 vials is really nothing to someone who is selling grams, or even someone who is buying them and making vials or sheets.

Ok I might have some incite on massive lsd use. about a month ago i got a vial of acid that had about 400 hits in it. the first night i drank half. I drank it and went to sleep before it hit me. i had some of the most crazy dreams i ever had then for the next 20 days i took about 6 or 7 hits a night and never stopped tripping. I disscontinued using after it became hard to focus. I thought I was just going to come down but here I am about 2 weeks later and still tripping harder than ever. I have a little bit of extra anxiety and have to work really hard to concintrate. I have gone without my parents noticing so Im obviously not looking like it. But I got some Ritalin and tryed to counter-effect the acid with this but it brought back my trip more intinsely. I just think really differant now and still feel like I am tripping.

I've seen two reports of actual LSD overdoses resulting in death.
Both were injected. One was 80,000+ doses, the other 300,000+ doses.
Tell me... where do you get that much acid to inject? haha
Crush

descend said:
There was never a rape; she just was trying to get back at him for some stupid drama soap-opera bullshit.

Anyways, she told all these kids that she had been raped by my friend. Some other dirt-muffin dreadies decided to implement some of their brand of hippy justice. This involved spiking a beer with at ten pack (10 vials), and giving it to my friend. As he was drinking it they told him what they did and maybe next time he should think twice about raping someone.

Oh my god... that is unthinkably horrible. I feel so sorry for your friend... I can't imagine what the people who dosed him thought when they found out the girl had never been raped....

Man... that's rough. :(

Haven't you ever heard of thumb prints? People used to do 1,000+ hits all the time and they were fine.

illegalSmile said:
First of all, if u eat anything over 20 hitz your gonna be trippin for well over 12-24 hours ( I don't care who u are).
I had a friend who was a major batteryhead and he ate 12 hitz of grateful dead one day and has been in a mental institute ever since and he is still hallucinating.
The most acid I ever ate was 17 hitz with 2 pillz of pure MDA and I was FUKKED for 6 whole dayz so.....
thats enough 4 now!
peace

That is vary hard to believe. i've done it and otheres i kinow have done it. LSD passes through you very fast!~ and only last about 24 hours at the doses you said.

Now thumb printing is a different animal but still only a certain few with the proper out look in life can do this!
namaste

ever heard of Robert Hunter? he wrote Chinacat Sunflower. He was in MK-Ultra as well. Thumb prints are real. Hunter did a 1/4 gram of LSD crystal. whats that ... 250,000ug ... 25 sheets? He toured with the Dead, playing guitar in summer 2003. People come back from massive doses, still intelligent and able.

Casted Dream said:
Haven't you ever heard of thumb prints? People used to do 1,000+ hits all the time and they were fine.

Uh, yeah, I've heard of them. But in case you didn't realize, this is slightly different. Anyone who does a thumbprint normally would do so with full knowledge of what is about to happen to them. Receiving a thumbprint dose of LSD without your knowledge is completely different. There is absolutely no comparison.

And yes, you're right, many people have taken 1000+ hits at the same time, and come back with their sanity intact. There have also no doubt been countless people who were not as fortunate, and typically those people are locked away from "normal" society in mental hospitals where they will most likely reside for the remainder of their life.

If you'll read through this thread, there are many posts where people relate examples of friends who went off the deep end from taking FAR, FAR less.

I'm not trying to sound like a dick, but your statement struck me as having somewhat ridiculous implications that anyone who does thumbprints will be fine, or that the experience of some people is what should be expected for all people.

--------
john

well this isnt backed up by anything, but maby someone can back me up here:

i was told of this story of a man (forget his name...leary's buddy) went off to india with a vial of something like 10000 hits. he came across this guru and explaned this drug to him and wanted to see what he had to say about it.

the guru, having no idea, takes the vial and drinks about 1/2 of it and sits there smiling for hours but didnt have the kind of completely freaking out that you would expect

i spose the moral is that LSD, being chemicaly not bad for you, could be drunk like water if proporly trained.

dj_quantum said:

The only explanation I can come up with for these 2 day trips, and psychosis would be that someone who accidently took a large amount of acid could easily wig themselves out by the thought of taking "way too much". I imagine this could cause some severe psychological trauma.

I don't think a 2 day trip sounds unreasonable. I've had strong visuals 15-18 hours after dropping only a couple blotters of good LSD. Sometimes trips last longer than others, sometimes there are multiple peaks, and if you take a very large dose it makes it last longer than a smaller dose.

If I took 10 or 20 hits I would expect to trip for 2 days.

Akoto said:
well this isnt backed up by anything, but maby someone can back me up here:

i was told of this story of a man (forget his name...leary's buddy) went off to india with a vial of something like 10000 hits. he came across this guru and explaned this drug to him and wanted to see what he had to say about it.

the guru, having no idea, takes the vial and drinks about 1/2 of it and sits there smiling for hours but didnt have the kind of completely freaking out that you would expect

i spose the moral is that LSD, being chemicaly not bad for you, could be drunk like water if proporly trained.

i remember reading about that too. i can't remember the guys name either, but i know it was nothing like 10000 hits. if i remember correctly, he brought it in the form of pills, around a total of 1.5mg. the guru downed half of the pills and sat there calmly, supposedly unaffected by the dose. if anyone has a link to this, i'd like to go back and look at this again.