• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Extreme quantities of LSD...?

I think the opposite is true. As it's told in the stories above...people can use insane amounts of acid and be down the next day.
------------------
LSD-25
Information is not knowledge, knowledge is not wisdom, wisdom is not beauty, beauty is not love, love is not music, and music is THE BEST. - FZ

over at dmt world there is a report of an ingestion of 20 mg lsd... interesting...

Quantum- I had an idea that someone might flame me for my post. I'm assuming you know very little between the connection of the Grateful Dead and the widespread distribution of LSD. Lets put it this way the terms Grateful Dead and LSD distribution can be looked at as one and the same. The majority of LSD that was and is manufactured was from "deadheads" or like-minded people. Grateful Dead tour was not just a place to see shows or whatever. It's how a good amount of the LSD, until 1995, was distributed in the U.S. It was literally a "hippie" mafia. Millions of dollars were made on each tour. Alot of these kids looked like they were beggars, but they had a hundred thousand dollars stashed in the wall of their VW Bus.
So to my point: Have you ever heard of the term "high-roller"? 10 vials to people who sell grams upon grams of LSD is nothing. It's what they waste when they are tranfering it to tincture bottles. Also, it was not an uncommon form of "self-regulation" in the deadhead community to give someone unknowingly an insanely large dose of LSD because they ripped someone off, stole, raped, etc... as punishment. I'm not justifying any of this. It's just the plain truth.
[This message has been edited by descend (edited 28 August 2001).]

I wasn't flaming your post because I thought you were telling a tall tale, just thought they were possibly exagerating the amount when they told your friend how much acid he just drank.
That would freak someone out who just ate like 15 hits or something. But who knows. Not meant to be a flame---------Peace bro
[This message has been edited by dj_quantum (edited 29 August 2001).]

on 9 occassions I have eaten excess of 15 hits of acid with now reprocutions... Funny thing is that I saw tracers for all of 2000 when sober... Two weeks ago I had a life changing trip on 6 hits and the tracers are gone now... Funny how things work out some times...

from what youre all saying, it seems like youre only taking into consideration what a megadose of lsd would do to your MIND.
but what about your vital functions? would a huge amount of lsd not seriously fuck with things like your breathing and heart rate or even shut those things down? i cant imagine someone taking in a few tens of thousands of hits and not dropping dead from cardiac arrest or shutdown of the respiratory track. etc.

The LSD itself would not do any of those things to your body. Perhaps you could have a heart atttack from panic or sheer terror, but not otherwise. LSD is basically non toxic, even at extremely high amounts, and it will eventually be eliminated by your body. Obviously you can overdose, but like everyone above has said, you would need a hell of a lot of acid.
------------------
"I shall be a sinful man to the end, and think upon my deathbed of all the nights I wasted in my youth."
--W. B. Yeats

descend is absolutely accurate in his description of lsd distribution via the greatful dead tours of the 80s/90s... many a dirty-hippie were staying in posh hotels railing endless lines of cocaine with 20,40,80 grand in a bag, some of them, even sniffing participating in the beginnings of the mdma culture that has evolved over the last 10 years w/o even knowing it. i've heard hundreds of like stories from my parents and their friends.
------------------
*cassidy*
aim: xoxcassidyxox
"the purpose of words is to convey a message--after the idea is grasped, the words are forgotten--where is a man who forgot all the words? it is he who i wish to speak to"

First of all, if u eat anything over 20 hitz your gonna be trippin for well over 12-24 hours ( I don't care who u are).
I had a friend who was a major batteryhead and he ate 12 hitz of grateful dead one day and has been in a mental institute ever since and he is still hallucinating.
The most acid I ever ate was 17 hitz with 2 pillz of pure MDA and I was FUKKED for 6 whole dayz so.....
thats enough 4 now!
peace

people have died from snorting lines of lsd when they thought it was coke.
lsd certainly *can* kill you, but you would have to be a fucking moron.

Oh yeah, it happens all the time!
I can't tell you how many times I've payed $100,000 for a gram of coke and it actually turned out to be LSD. And I'm still really suprised every time it happens and I end up tripping after I sniff a line!

Originally posted by Majortrippz:
on 9 occassions I have eaten excess of 15 hits of acid with now reprocutions... Funny thing is that I saw tracers for all of 2000 when sober... Two weeks ago I had a life changing trip on 6 hits and the tracers are gone now... Funny how things work out some times...
Whatever way our brains work is very strange. Drugs are very strange.
Descend: Did your friend say what they did for him at the hospital? I would think that they'd be giving him tons of benzos.....

not exactly...
"An opportunity arose to study the effects of a massive dose of LSD when a white powder was distributed at a party to guests who assumed it was cocaine. Eight patients were seen within 15 minutes of inhaling "milligram amounts" of pure LSD (verified in later police analysis of the powder). Five were comatose when first seen and were admitted to the hospital. Two patients walked in themselves and left after spending several hours in the emergency room. Symptoms included vomiting, elevated temperatures, and mild internal bleeding. LSD was detected in the blood or stomach contents of all the patients, in amounts ranging from 2.1 to 2.6 ng/ml (blood) and 1000 to 7000 micrograms/100ml (stomach contents). With supportive care, the patients recovered quickly. Those hospitalized were able to converse within four to five hours, and they were normal within twelve hours. No psychologic or physical ill effects were noted in a year of follow-up examinations of five patients. Most of the five continued to use LSD."
-from the book "LSD: Still With Us After All These Years" (Henderson and Glass)
(primary source cited as "Klock JS, Boerner U, Becker CE (1973). Coma, hyperthermia and bleeding associated with massive LSD overdose: A report of eight cases. West j med 120(3), 183-188")

Originally posted by Good Corruption:
well the point i was trying to make was that you can't say that anyone who takes 10,000 hits of acid is going to have "this" happen to them...some people maybe able to handle 10,000 hits...some people may not...increased dosages of acid may increase the intensity of the trip or the duration or both...but there is no real answer...the mechanics of LSD are still mysterious...we still aren't sure how it works pharmacologically...therefore you cannot put a specific effect or a specific duration to a specific dose...as they say...your mileage may vary....
no im sorry nobody in the world would be able to handle 10,000 hits. And if you took 10,000 hits you would be a vegetable your brain would never recover.

Go figure, everyone else is quoting actual resources then this greenlighter just decides nobody can handle 10,000 hits and you'd become a glass of orange juice.
If you are only assuming or guessing or repeating what your loser stoner friends told you, just don't even bother responding to these threads. Please. It's getting beyond old.

There is a guy in my town i notice around a bit, he is always skipping along and talking to himself, and making loud groaning noises and going up 2 strangers saying wierd, inappropriate shit, just seems like a severely retarded person..... I found out recently this was due to having a Shitload of acid tabs at once, dunno how much, but a crazy amount.....