• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Extracting Targin cold water extraction

Specified

Ex-Bluelighter
Hello there....I'm currently prescribed Targin for back pain. I'm confused as to why people love them when Naloxone is in the pills?

Wouldn't people need to do a CWE?

A cold water extraction won't work here.

Just out of curiosity what do you mean by back pain? Slipped disks? Just curious.

CWE here is pointless. Oxycodone and naloxone are equally soluble in water. There is nothing you can do to get rid of the naloxone.

At least you can defeat the time release mechanism by crushing the tablets into powder. Taking that orally still produces a nice buzz.

A cold water extraction won't work here.

Just out of curiosity what do you mean by back pain? Slipped disks? Just curious.
I'm not sure. I had an x-ray done on my back and it showed nothing but I'm in pain if I sit down, especially during long periods at a time, turn my neck to the side or other certain postures.

Last edited:
CWE here is pointless. Oxycodone and naloxone are equally soluble in water. There is nothing you can do to get rid of the naloxone.

At least you can defeat the time release mechanism by crushing the tablets into powder. Taking that orally still produces a nice buzz.
I don't get it. Why do people love them then?

I don't get it. Why do people love them then?
I suppose that some like them just because it's still oxycodone. After defeating the time release mechanism (i.e. crushing the tablets into powder) you can get a decent buzz when you take them orally. Naloxone doesn't survive the stomach acid and enzymes in your belly while oxycodone does. Also their street price is lower than oxycodone produts without naloxone.

Of course oxycodone poducts without naloxone are more popular and therefore also pricier. You have pay more for an injectable product.

What about endone? Is it safe if I've had about three clots in my life. Would be good to know in my wealth of information, as well as be safe....are you trigger up motherfuackers with mee?

Hello there....I'm currently prescribed Targin for back pain. I'm confused as to why people love them when Naloxone is in the pills?

Wouldn't people need to do a CWE?
Ahhhhh if only it were that easy :)

As negrogesic said, they specifically made it that way so that people can't extract the oxy and get high with it.

I've gotten a pretty nice warm buzz off Targin before. Obviously not a full oxy high, due to the naloxone, but it still felt good. I only used the Targin cos I was given them for free by a junkie who was otherwise literally going to throw them in the river lol. I was like NO no no I'll take 'em.... :D

Ahhhhh if only it were that easy :)

As negrogesic said, they specifically made it that way so that people can't extract the oxy and get high with it.

I've gotten a pretty nice warm buzz off Targin before. Obviously not a full oxy high, due to the naloxone, but it still felt good. I only used the Targin cos I was given them for free by a junkie who was otherwise literally going to throw them in the river lol. I was like NO no no I'll take 'em.... :D
Haha what about endone

I suppose that some like them just because it's still oxycodone. After defeating the time release mechanism (i.e. crushing the tablets into powder) you can get a decent buzz when you take them orally. Naloxone doesn't survive the stomach acid and enzymes in your belly while oxycodone does. Also their street price is lower than oxycodone produts without naloxone.

Of course oxycodone poducts without naloxone are more popular and therefore also pricier. You have pay more for an injectable product.

Actually this isn't true. I mean it's a little true in the technical sense (that naloxone is deactivated in your stomach) but it's not true in the practical sense (reliably being able to use these recreational)

Yes, naloxone is very heavily deactivated in your stomach, but not all of it. Some of it gets absorbed into your system.

I've used oxycodone in isolation (endone) and I've used targin, and I can promise you that a non trivial amount of targins naloxone does get absorbed.

If you have a low tolerance they could probably be fun, but if you have even a moderate opioid tolerance, IME targin is completely worthless. You can't take enough to not have the naloxone make you feel worse.

I've tried, I've seen my exbf try. They just make you feel sick if you have a significant tolerance (we were both IV heroin addicts). They're next to worthless for us (and presumably most people with a significant tolerance)

And yeah as others have said, you can't CWE the naloxone out, it's too water soluble. I don't know of any way to remove the naloxone from them.

Last edited:
I only used the Targin cos I was given them for free by a junkie who was otherwise literally going to throw them in the river lol. I was like NO no no I'll take 'em.... :D

I actually have gotten some free packs of targin before too.

I've never once felt high from using them. The best experience I've ever had with them was some time ago when my tolerance was a lot lower, and I was really sick in withdrawal, and I took one and it helped a lot with the symptoms. Still felt off, but nothing like as bad.

But that's it, and with my tolerance now I don't know that they're even particularly useful for that.

Unless I had almost no tolerance, I'd never pay for targin, not unless someone can find an easy way to remove the naloxone.

I know but it's just oxycodone and nothing but naloxone...so you'd just a bang it

Actually this isn't true. I mean it's a little true in the technical sense (that naloxone is deactivated in your stomach) but it's not true in the practical sense (reliably being able to use these recreational)

Yes, naloxone is very heavily deactivated in your stomach, but not all of it. Some of it gets absorbed into your system.

I've used oxycodone in isolation (endone) and I've used targin, and I can promise you that a non trivial amount of targins naloxone does get absorbed.

If you have a low tolerance they could probably be fun, but if you have even a moderate opioid tolerance, IME targin is completely worthless. You can't take enough to not have the naloxone make you feel worse.

I've tried, I've seen my exbf try. They just make you feel sick if you have a significant tolerance (we were both IV heroin addicts). They're next to worthless for us (and presumably most people with a significant tolerance)

And yeah as others have said, you can't CWE the naloxone out, it's too water soluble. I don't know of any way to remove the naloxone from them.

Well at least all the literature subjects that the oral bioavailability of naloxone to be 1-2%, which is virtually nothing.

Thanks for the you might have just saved my life I read his post and took it at face value

Lol I guess I didn't explain properly.

What I meant was with endone you get the full hit of oxycodone. With targin you don't because of the Naloxone.

Yes, I would agree with this.
If you have a really low opioid tolerance, I'd bet targin could be quite good, because I suspect the amount of oxycodone in it is gonna have a lot more effect, the naloxones influence won't be enough to counteract it.

But if you're like a lot of us, the oxycodone just isn't strong enough to outweigh the naloxone. And taking more is just gonna allow even more of the naloxone to escape your the first pass elimination that deactivates most of it, and so you end up with even worse results.

In my experience. If I took say.. 80mg targin now. I doubt I'd be sick, but I wouldn't feel better, I'd just feel kinda... meh, like I was slightly worse for taking them than if I hadn't. But if I took several of them I'd almost certainly be sick.

I haven't tried defeating the time mechanism but I'd bet you'd get sick on a lot less of you did.

If I were crazy sick I'd probably still take one, on the gamble that it would take very little additional opioids to help reduce the symptoms, but otherwise I don't touch them myself.

Last edited: