• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Extracting Targin cold water extraction

Yes, I would agree with this.
If you have a really low opioid tolerance, I'd bet targin could be quite good, because I suspect the amount of oxycodone in it is gonna have a lot more effect, the naloxones influence won't be enough to counteract it.

But if you're like a lot of us, the oxycodone just isn't strong enough to outweigh the naloxone. And taking more is just gonna allow even more of the naloxone to escape your the first pass elimination that deactivates most of it, and so you end up with even worse results.

In my experience, with me specifically I mean. If I took say.. 80mg targin now. I doubt I'd be sick, but I wouldn't feel better, if just feel kinda... meh. But if I took several of them I'd almost certainly be sick.
Well thèŕe you go. You lèàrn something new on bluèlight eveèryďày

Well thèŕe you go. You lèàrn something new on bluèlight eveèryďày

To be fair, the earlier poster isn't wrong that the first pass effect, which happens when you swallow a drug rather than have it enter the blood stream directly, does heavily eliminate naloxone. The problem is just that it doesn't catch all of it, a little still seems to get into your system. Nothing like as much as if you tried to shoot the pills or something, but enough to be a problem if you have a moderate habit.

And targin has a really large amount of naloxone in it. Well above what would be used normally for an overdose.

EDIT: yeah targin has half of the oxy dose in naloxone, so 40mg oxy means 20mg naloxone. That's a lot more than would normally be used by injection (or those nasal kits) for an overdose. Only a very small percentage needs to escape for it to pretty much wreck it for a lot of our habits. And I wouldn't even try taking these any other way than by mouth unless someone figures out how to remove virtually all of the naloxone.

Last edited:
Well at least all the literature subjects that the oral bioavailability of naloxone to be 1-2%, which is virtually nothing.

Interesting number to know. I actually ran the numbers under an assumption of about 1%, if you take a 40mg targin with 20mg naloxone, that's 200 micrograms of naloxone. That's not a trivial amount. It's not huge either, but it's not trivial, naloxone is potent stuff.

Interesting number to know. I actually ran the numbers under an assumption of about 1%, if you take a 40mg targin with 20mg naloxone, that's 200 micrograms of naloxone. That's not a trivial amount. It's not huge either, but it's not trivial, naloxone is potent stuff
Tarqiniq is also a depot formulation which means the naloxone in no given moment is available as a 200mg dose available to your body, it would be just a microdose of that 200mg which is miniscule.

Tarqiniq is also a depot formulation which means the naloxone in no given moment is available as a 200mg dose available to your body, it would be just a microdose of that 200mg which is miniscule.

I assume your point in saying this is that Targin is also an extended release pill, so taken normally only a small amount of a total 20mg dose is available at any given time to be absorbed.

That's true, and the truth is I don't know exactly how much naloxone is actually getting into the blood, but from what I've seen, whatever it is it's significant. That or the effects outside the brain are on their own noticeable enough to be unpleasant.

Whatever the reason, I've seen people feel sick from taking too much of the stuff when they're significantly opioid dependant. Even when taken orally as normal.

I assume your point in saying this is that Targin is also an extended release pill, so taken normally only a small amount of a total 20mg dose is available at any given time to be absorbed.

That's true, and the truth is I don't know exactly how much naloxone is actually getting into the blood, but from what I've seen, whatever it is it's significant. That or the effects outside the brain are on their own noticeable enough to be unpleasant.

Whatever the reason, I've seen people feel sick from taking too much of the stuff when they're significantly opioid dependant. Even when taken orally as normal.
Oh yes, not trying argue with you on that one. Targin/Targiniq is the preferred option in non tolerant patients requiering a potent pain relief. Once a patient has even once experienced a full agonist without a shitty antagonist even on a side they start to feel The wd's, and sometimes they can remarkably violent in nature.

I'm not sure. I had an x-ray done on my back and it showed nothing but I'm in pain if I sit down, especially during long periods at a time, turn my neck to the side or other certain postures.
Use ethanol to do the extraction it bonds the codeine then