• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Exposing Children to Nudism/Naturism Inappropriate/Dangerous?

There's no such thing as an unbiased opinion when it comes to stuff like this. We all have different influences.

Thats why after I said unbiased opinion I went on to say an opinion representative of the general public. I agree we all have different influences, i said that myself.

My efforts to examine your logic in the drag story time thread (and I suspect in this thread) just lead to a dead end. You spent 20+ pages avoiding explaining your position. I realize you don't accept that as reality. Maybe it isn't reality, but that's the best I can make out of the fog when I squint. I take this into account - that I could be wrong - with every discussion I enter.

I've made my position crystal clear, and I've explained it over and over again. If you've found yourself at a dead end perhaps it's something to do with your own mental barriers not mine. So you're right, it's not at all reality that I've been avoiding anything. It's good that you take into account that you could be wrong -- because you are. Your willingness to accept being wrong doesn't change the fact that in this case you are wrong.

Also, literally nobody (including yourself) replied to my repeated comments about women wearing sexualized clothing reading stories to kids. Nobody is outraged about that. Look at how sexualized young female (and male) popstars are. Nobody here seems to care about that.

People do care about that. There has been outrage about it for decades now. This all comes down to bad parental choices. It's up to you to decide what your child is and isn't exposed to, to the best of your ability. These days it's pretty much out of your control what pop stars, movies, shows, etc they see. But taking them to a nudist festival or a drag event IS very much up to you.

A disproportionate amount of hate seems to be aimed specifically at blokes who are probably gay wearing women's clothes.

Here is a wager @alasdairm likes to propose: find me one example where I've ever expressed hate towards "blokes who are probably gay wearing women's clothes" and I'll leave BL forever. I was progressive before it was cool. I do not give a fuck what consenting adults do to themselves or with each other.

I don't want anyone to tell me how I feel. I moved the thread here from CEPS because I honestly wanted to leave BL after some of the comments directed at me in the drag thread. Moving the thread to P&S helped me remember that this forum doesn't revolve around the dozen or so (largely right wing) regulars that troll CEPS.

I like biased opinions. I don't give a fuck what mainstream society thinks.

So what can be the point of this thread then, other than to reinforce your own beliefs? If you "like biased opinions", don't care what society thinks, and so on, I think all you're doing here is wasting everyone's time. Take your pat on the ass you've received here and keep doing what you're doing. Why are you attempting to debate with me? You have your reassurance now. Echo chamber achieved.

Good. Those are my peeps.

Right on.

You're going to considerable lengths to discredit some of the opinions expressed here, but - with this particular point - I agree and I take that into account... but (at the same time) I'm not going to assume that something is definitely happening if there's no evidence of it.

What you're saying here could be applied to any environment.

Not trying to discredit anything. Just putting shit in context.

The thread is in P&S partly for that reason, but also because nudity isn't inherently sexual and nudism isn't (necessarily) a fetish.

Again, I've never said either of those things.

I don't know where to begin answering that question because the value is so vast, IMO. There is nowhere else in Australia (or the world, probably) that has the same sense of community and openness. Children being raised in the suburbs or - worse - in a city are being raised around miserable people who don't give a fuck about anyone or anything.

I think you're specifically asking about the value of exposing my child to nudism. I'll answer this in a sec.

Yes, that is specifically what I'm asking. If you find openness and community with your fellow nudists, I think that's fantastic. You named the thread "Exposing children to nudism inappropriate/dangerous?" so I figured it was obvious that everything I said was being analyzed through that lens.

I didn't "get my kid naked" around strangers. She had a conversation or two with a nudist that was camped next to us. She wasn't naked. He was.

The only time she was naked for a prolonged period of time (I think) was when she did a Holi colour ceremony and then walked back to the tent nude.

Okay... but you didn't answer the question. If you are a fellow risk/reward enthusiast, you must think there is some kind of benefit to taking your child with you to these events rather than not. So what is it? What can be learned there that hundreds of millions of other children have had to do without?

It's not a priority to include them. I do see a lot of value normalizing the human form from an early age, but it's not particularly important to me. It's not high on my priority list. If the festival stopped being clothing optional, I wouldn't lose any sleep over it and I wouldn't seek out other places that happen to be clothing optional.

So what are we even talking about then? If it isn't a priority that you include them then why would you? It's like you're trying to have it both ways here. There's some kind of majestic, rare, life altering benefit to experiencing this event, but then again, you wouldn't lose any sleep if she missed out on it? I don't think that makes any sense whatsoever.

I will explain the value of nudity now, but - to be fair - can you explain the threat?

Like I said, I'm with her 24 hours a day. So: what is going to happen to her? Like what - specifically - is the threat? I still don't understand.

Most adults never shed the body shame stuff in their lives. I don't have the stats on that, but I know it's true because I've known shitloads of people who've gone through the liberating process of being socially naked around others for the first time. There is almost always significant baggage. People are self-conscious. We hate on ourselves in so many different ways, not just about our bodies.

There are people that grow up without this baggage. This helps them sexually later in life and it helps them in terms of general confidence and psychological wellbeing. (Again, I don't have studies or anything to back this up. It just seems obvious to me. But, I am crazy. So who knows?)

With respect, you aren't saying anything new here. You are assuming that most people have this baggage... okay, let's say I agree with you they do-- you still aren't explaining to me "the value of nudity". You can't just say negative body image bad...child at nudist event good... case closed.

What specifically are the threats? Well, I would say just those that naturally spring to mind when one thinks about a child being naked around other naked people. But there I go again just assuming that's a bad thing.

Do whatever you feel is right, I suppose.

mal3volent said:
I've made my position crystal clear, and I've explained it over and over again. If you've found yourself at a dead end perhaps it's something to do with your own mental barriers not mine. So you're right, it's not at all reality that I've been avoiding anything. It's good that you take into account that you could be wrong -- because you are. Your willingness to accept being wrong doesn't change the fact that in this case you are wrong.

Nobody has made clear what is sexual - theoretically - about somebody dressed like a drag performer (assuming it's within reason) reading a story to kids. Maybe it is always sexual. Maybe these sick depraved people cannot help but be sexual. All drag performers might be predators. I don't know.

You've made your position somewhat clear, but you've dodged specifically answering this IMO. Everybody has.

I get that drag shows are normally sexual and all that, but that doesn't translate into drag story time being sexual if it isn't. I don't get it. Maybe you have explained it and I missed it. Can you just humour me and explain it again? Feels like everybody is just going to keep dancing round in circles on this one.

Here is a wager @alasdairm likes to propose: find me one example where I've ever expressed hate towards "blokes who are probably gay wearing women's clothes" and I'll leave BL forever. I was progressive before it was cool. I do not give a fuck what consenting adults do to themselves or with each other.

I meant it generally, not specifically aimed at you but I see how it reads. I retract it.

So what can be the point of this thread then, other than to reinforce your own beliefs? If you "like biased opinions", don't care what society thinks, and so on, I think all you're doing here is wasting everyone's time. Take your pat on the ass you've received here and keep doing what you're doing. Why are you attempting to debate with me? You have your reassurance now. Echo chamber achieved.

Fair enough. You got me, I suppose?

I already explained the point of the thread, somewhat. You don't have to keep replying.

I received a lot of weird (but not surprising) reactions from people IRL about taking my daughter to this festival. I didn't want an echo chamber. I just needed a space where people were open minded enough to have a discussion. It's been helpful for me. We can close the thread if you like.

Again, I've never said either of those things.

*sigh*

I didn't say you did.

I don't want to fight with you.

Yes, that is specifically what I'm asking. If you find openness and community with your fellow nudists, I think that's fantastic. You named the thread "Exposing children to nudism inappropriate/dangerous?" so I figured it was obvious that everything I said was being analyzed through that lens.

You said you weigh benefit and reward.

The benefit and the reward of going to this festival (which is the event, as we've established, that involves nudity) is relevant.

Okay... but you didn't answer the question. If you are a fellow risk/reward enthusiast, you must think there is some kind of benefit to taking your child with you to these events rather than not. So what is it? What can be learned there that hundreds of millions of other children have had to do without? ... With respect, you aren't saying anything new here. You are assuming that most people have this baggage... okay, let's say I agree with you they do-- you still aren't explaining to me "the value of nudity". You can't just say negative body image bad...child at nudist event good... case closed.

Pretty sure I have answered it. I didn't answer in great length but you still haven't answered my question from the other thread at all. I'm not super motivated here. I'll try to answer it again. I can't do anything but repeat myself and I'm almost 100% sure you know exactly what I'm saying and I'm just playing dumb.

Being naked around others is a liberating experience psychologically. People have a lot of baggage revolving around self-image, nudity and sex. Ask any mental health worker. In my opinion, the way we approach nudity in society is "traumatic" for lack of a better term. Trauma is too strong in most cases. But there's baggage... We've done this already.

I'm not spelling it out very well because it's complex and I couldn't be bothered. I'm pointing you in the right direction. You're smart enough to connect the dots. Insisting I spell it all out just to not listen to me anyway isn't something I want to gamble with.

I agree we all have different influences, i said that myself.

Everything I say isn't me trying to disagree with you. I'm just talking.

What specifically are the threats? Well, I would say just those that naturally spring to mind when one thinks about a child being naked around other naked people. But there I go again just assuming that's a bad thing.

If I'm around my child 24 hours and somebody is naked, what is the threat?
This threat cannot also exist if I'm around my child 24 hours and nobody is naked.

Spell it out for me.

You talking about some nude guy suddenly running up at lunging at my daughter, dick first, before I have a chance to beat the living shit out of him?

You talking about some nude guy suddenly running up at lunging at my daughter, dick first, before I have a chance to beat the living shit out of him?

no, you've made it clear you'd be protecting her. Unfortunately you can't protect her from gazing eyes, looks, cameras, etc. (you do know family friendly nudist events are actively targeted by pedos, right?) But if you aren't worried about that kind of thing, fine. Like I said, do what you want.

I'll try to go back and find where I addressed your man in a dress question.

"why are you being so emotional? I've seen plenty of images and videos of the events. Some are okay some aren't. Many have been shared here."

I couldn't find the exact quote I was looking for but I've said this many times. There is nothing inherently sexual about a man in a dress. I have nothing against trans people or cross dressers....obviously. I am a gay man. I was best friends with a trans guy in high school WAY before it was as accepted as it is now. My concern here is how it relates to children and why there is this insistence to constantly include them now?

but why? Why are we taking drag queens out of night clubs and having them read to children? Why are so many people jumping over so many mental hurdles to justify it? They aren't trans, so it's not about trans rights or visibility. Average Trans Person Story Hour doesn't quite have the same ring to it does it... yes, actual transphobes would still be against that, but it would be a tiny minority and they'd easily be written off as bigots.

I think the explanation is pretty simple. Young people are constantly looking to be on the cutting edge of things, especially young progressives. They think, "conservatives, terfs, and all the other normies really hate this, so I have to be very supportive of it!!". If they don't adopt the most progressive view, they lose social credit. The next generation up (millennials, people our age) are still concerned with their social credit too and want to do all they can to appeal to gen z. So many of them join right in without fully thinking out the consequences.

So most of it can be written off as (mostly) harmless virtue signaling. But I do think some very bad people are latching on to all this under the guise of progressivism. And the longer we sane, rational people entertain these ridiculous ideas, the closer and closer we creep closer to normalizing a societal set of values that is very dangerous to children. Maybe nothing is very different for my niece but what about her children? What about after that?

If right now in 2023 everyone says yeah, you know what? Let the drag queens be around children. Puberty blockers are safe and reversible, let's allow 10 year olds to start making these serious medical decisions for themselves. That's a slippery slope. And it's not the same type of argument that was used by opponents of gay marriage.

Marriage is something that has many social and economic ramifications between consenting adults. That's very different than society suddenly making these seismic changes regarding a child's ability to make informed decisions on their own. Not to mention the psychological impact of being inundated with all these sexual-adjacent themes from the time they can hold cell phone.

What does being a "child" mean 100 years from now? Are they more safe, or less? Do they even exist, or has the idea that adults should band together to protect the innocence of kids vanished completely?

You keep changing it to my kid being nude not other people. Every time you describe the threat.

mal3volent said:
My concern here is how it relates to children and why there is this insistence to constantly include them now?

That's a valid question. I never said it wasn't.

What I've mainly been questioning is it not being possible for a drag queen dressed in drag to do a family friendly show.

I'm not emotional.

mal3volent said:
There's some kind of majestic, rare, life altering benefit to experiencing this event, but then again, you wouldn't lose any sleep if she missed out on it? I don't think that makes any sense whatsoever.

It does make sense.

She can process it in the same way I did. I didn't go to these festivals as a kid.

I never said majestic blah blah. I didn't say missed out on liberating herself. You cut and paste.

no, you've made it clear you'd be protecting her. Unfortunately you can't protect her from gazing eyes, looks, cameras, etc. (you do know family friendly nudist events are actively targeted by pedos, right?) But if you aren't worried about that kind of thing, fine. Like I said, do what you want.

I'll try to go back and find where I addressed your man in a dress question.
When I was a kid it was weird if parents put bathing costume (suite?, fuck my spelling) on a really small kids. Basically kids would stop being nude on beach when it started to bother them as they started to feel more mature. Now there’s more little girls with a top too than fully nude small children for the same reason you mentioned. And they do bust pedos for filming kids every year but phones with really good cameras make them harder to spot than when they needed real cameras. Also no-pictures policy of all beaches marked as nudist also isn’t no where near effective now when everyone got phones with good cameras.

Fucking sad world.