• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Experiment Thead - New Formulation Oxycodone Extraction

A rinse with a non polar solvent should get rid of the oil residue and then u can let it evaporate. Can u please post pictures of what was left over? An ideal rinsing agent would be
chloroform since after evaporation it leaves only a .00005% residue. In theory this makes pretty good sense.

I have a picture on my phone but don't have a way to download on this computer. I was left with small crystals that looked like salt. It tasted strong and I felt it right away after eating it.

I am not too tech savy so it might take me some time to figure out how to send it from my phone to this website. I'm frustrated because I want someone else to see what it looks like.

I just want to take a moment and cheer from the side lines for the guerilla scientists and kitchen chemists of Team Junkie. You are seriously part of what makes the Internet still a great place. That, irregardless of whether abusing your OP80's is a Good Thing or not, the noosphere is moving history apace.

anyone heard of Xylene? or A mineral Based paint stripper? a couple of guys at college i go to mentioned this.... again i am not going to take or risk this cause i have no idea whats in either... acetone for the win so far...

anyone heard of Xylene? or A mineral Based paint stripper? a couple of guys at college i go to mentioned this.... again i am not going to take or risk this cause i have no idea whats in either... acetone for the win so far...

interesting very interesting...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xylene

i have some on hand and 10 ops.... but will this stuff evap like acetone? and will the final product after the evap process be safe to ingest?

I got an idea, why not just use a lot of water (possibly acidic? idk I'm not smart in this kind of shit) and make the water hot and dissolve the pill in it, if you use enough water and heat it enough hopefully the gel will thin out or go into solution and not be in one big clump. Then just let it sit for a few hours keeping it hot. That would just be like the drug extracting in your stomach. After a few hours just throw it in the freezer for a bit to make the gel harden out and filter the gel off. Then just evaporate the water down without too much heat so you dont destroy the actives. The shit takes a long time to extract in the stomach so you probably have to extract it for just as long. I really don't know shit about this kind of stuff but I don't see why that wouldn't work. Idk this seems too obvious so it probly wont work but thought I would throw it out there haha.

what about also using butane like people use sometimes to make hash oil out of pot trimmings? its very much take the TCH out of the trimmings and when fully evaporated leaves a high concentration of THC goop..... im just throwin ideas out there i havent thought or heard of

i understand everyone is talking about simple/medium/complex solvent Vs. time used (length of time crushed OP is in solvent.. im putting acetone in the medium category, but does anyone know if other medium solvents with slower evap times might work better?

I have a picture on my phone but don't have a way to download on this computer. I was left with small crystals that looked like salt. It tasted strong and I felt it right away after eating it.

To get your picture of the results on the internet, with your phone open a text picture message, insert your picture instead of putting a phone number# put your email address and send.. then you can download it from your email. Works like a charm.:)

well puffj thats just great if YOU CAN GET THEM!!!!! as for useing solvents thats nuts. Thats just a bad to sniff no thanks there has to be a better way to do this

I wanted to make a couple comments. First, IMO acetone is definitely
in the simple solvent category. Also, the main criteria for selecting a solvent should be based on the hansen solubility parameter, which is based on its interaction with different chemical bonds.

Also, if ur acetone is evaporating too fast just cover it.

And finally, anyone that makes a statement like: solvents are bad, mmmkay! I would not listen to a thing he says. Again, IMHO.

andrew, I definitely can see where ur coming, if u can find a polar solvent with higher bp that would make a good experiment.

It seems like there are two schools of thought on this. One is to solubilize the oxy salt and the other is to solubilize the polymer excipients.

Last edited:
Solvents for the masses

"I was looking in the handbook at ethylene glycol and found that it is soluble in acetic acid. Perhaps it would be better to get rid of the gel instead of extracting the oxycodone. Just a thought. If anyone knows any
other ingredients of the gel matrix I can look that up as well. "

Well, I don't know where to begin. I had my first oxycodone 80mg OP this evening and my first thought was that this would be a quick and easy conquest over the chemists that designed this delivery system. Mind you, they have college educated chemists that spent years developing a way to get you to use the drug as they intended. All the same, they have little chance of actually stopping people from adequately removing the opiate from the adulterants. They will, however, achieve their goal, as 99% of the people out there will never see the light of day as to effective separation and, thus, a well built deterrent is born.

Well, in the search of suitable solvents for oxycodone hydrochloride and solvents for some of the binders in the formulation I found this site. First I was content to read because someone had claimed to have found the answers I was looking for (out of shear curiosity as opposed to a desire to spend any time separating opiates so I could get fucked up faster). I found this thread and had to respond.

I am a chemist. I have no degree (not in chemistry anyway) but have studied chemistry in either a passing interest or professional capacity for 25 years. I was taken back by this thread.

Okay, first, there was a gentleman that pointed out that you, here, didn't even seem to have an understanding of the solvents much less chemistry. He was very correct. I was drawn here by the resolute statement that someone here had found a viable way to separate the opiate salt from the formulation. It was stated with such conviction.

Look, if you don't understand chemistry then you can't say that you have developed a process that separates oxycodone hydrochloride from the other constituents in the tablet and make it sound as if it's pure enough to inject. That is misleading. I can't think of an appropriate word to describe that assertion but must refrain from using any if I don't want to offend. I guess it'd be appropriate to just say that maybe that statement was premature. I know you probably got caught up in the moment but that was a claim you could not make.

To begin, there is a reason that you taste bitter opioid salts in both portions. Acetone is not a good extraction solvent. In this case it would be a miracle if it was because acetone does not generally dissolve organic salts and, conversely, is generally used to wash amine salts like oxycodone hydrochloride of impurities. It is generally a poor choice for extracting them. Of course this may not be true in every case. Most organic salts are not soluble in dichloromethane and, yet, it dissolves MDMA.HCl very easily. There are, of course, exceptions to most things. I find little information online as to oxycodone hydrochloride's solubility in acetone so I can't say for sure but it is likely that the opiate is only slightly soluble in it as well as it's cousin Methyl Ethyl Ketone. It's amazing it's even slightly soluble but, like I said, I don't truly know about this specific solvent with oxycodone hydrochloride so I am certainly not saying one way or the other.

The quote I posted above was a suggestion to remove the adulterants first. That, my friends, is the most logical course of action in this case. Often times one can find non-polar solvents that are well suited for removing tablet binders, like toluene or xylene, as the binders are generally waxes or polymer esters like hydroxypropyl methylcellulose. Unfortunately, as the only poster here that actually cited a reference noted, tetrahydrofuran is the best solvent for removing these binders and information I have found on the internet says that toluene and xylene do not dissolve hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, or they don't dissolve hydroxypropyl cellulose anyway, but that's a pretty good indication that it probably doesn't serve as an appropriate solvent for hydroxypropyl mehtylcellulose either. I have a 4 liter bottle of H.P.L.G. tetrahydrofuran but I assume most of you do not.

Well, I did some searching for acceptable solvents but understand, it is like I said before when I noted that the company has degree holding chemists that collaborated on this project for years just to make sure it was not easy for John Q. Everyman to separate the opiate salt from it's binders so that people could snort, smoke or inject them. They have formulated a mixture of binders (there is probably really just one main constituent that poses the majority of the problems) that are most likely soluble in some solvents but not other so as if to make it hard to separate the goods in a single step.

What is the most appropriate route to purification? I am just posing an idea but I would be heavily focused on removing the bulk of the binders, freeing the organic base oxycodone from it's organic salt, oxycodone hydrochloride, and extracting with a non-polar solvent after making the solution basic. Extractions generally are done three (3) times and washed to purify before being introduced to most likely the same acid they were originally treated with to re-form the organic salt. Recrystallization is optional but never hurt anyone. This is a lot to ask of the average guy with no chemicals, glassware, equipment or experience to speak of so, as I said before, an effective deterrent has been put in place for 99% of the people out here.

Well, I was hoping to start some searching of my own. I have a feeling that a solvent mixture can wash the bulk of the binders out at once and then the tact to take after that is very much easy. I will do some searching but I did not come here to tell you all that some guy you never met was searching for a viable way to purify oxycodone hydrochloride from OP-whatever they are calling it now days. I came by here to ask that you proceed more cautiously. Seriously, I read the bulk of the posts in this thread and a lack of knowledge is apparent with regards to chemistry. Please be mindful of the advice you give and the certainty with which you give it because I can tell that few here know the role that most of these solvents play in various extraction nor do most understand the concepts behind choosing one or another and that can be important as solvents are more and less specific depending upon which one is chosen and under what circumstances they are chosen. It is very much possible to give advise unknowingly, that can hurt other. In this case I assume that it's completely backwards, that acetone is a solvent that one might use to wash away impurities as opposed to being an extraction solvent and if you get what I am saying, you understand that I am explaining that one may possibly extract more than what is desired and that can, sometimes, have a very bad effect. I just urge caution both with statements that other might rely upon and in trying things that you think might work but don't truly understand. Of course, there is little danger in not purifying correctly a product that is already U.S.P. grade to begin with.

Bee safe y'all.

Moriarty

Moriarty, go through my old posts. I am a college educated chemist. And if u read, really read, posts is this thread u would see that acetone was used to remove
the peg400, one of the excipients used as an abuse deterrence. This method of removing the excipients has been theorized and experimented by myself and laMessia. To make a blanket statement
that we don't understand chemistry is just a real put off.
Check out my other posts then I will expect u will change ur mind.

Sorry, I just realized it was my post u were quoting. Anyways, I hope u will join the guerilla science team.

Last edited:
Also moriarty, if u are interested in helping us (which I
hope u are) research the more specific alkaloid salts (oxy) and
cellulose ethers (gelling agent).

If the OP formulation requires multiple washes with different solvents to extract the oxycodone for shooting or snorting, then Purdue has succeeded. Creating anti-abuse mechanisms is like designing cryptography schemes. The idea isn't to create something "unbreakable" - everything is breakable given enough time and resources. Rather, the point is to create something which takes more time than it's worth to crack.

Only a very few Oxy fans will possess the drive and skill to procure various chemicals and wait hours to extract 50-75% of the oxycodone from OPs. Most will either eat the OPs (several people have confirmed that breaking them into bits and swallowing them with food can speed up if not entirely inhibit the time release) or seek alternative means of getting opiated.

I'm following these threads because I'm intersted in seeing the various ways by which the mechanism might be broken. But unless someone comes up with a quick and simple way of breaking the OP system, I think these will remain as "abuse-resistant" as Purdue claims.

If the OP formulation requires multiple washes with different solvents to extract the oxycodone for shooting or snorting, then Purdue has succeeded. Creating anti-abuse mechanisms is like designing cryptography schemes. The idea isn't to create something "unbreakable" - everything is breakable given enough time and resources. Rather, the point is to create something which takes more time than it's worth to crack.

Only a very few Oxy fans will possess the drive and skill to procure various chemicals and wait hours to extract 50-75% of the oxycodone from OPs. Most will either eat the OPs (several people have confirmed that breaking them into bits and swallowing them with food can speed up if not entirely inhibit the time release) or seek alternative means of getting opiated.

I'm following these threads because I'm intersted in seeing the various ways by which the mechanism might be broken. But unless someone comes up with a quick and simple way of breaking the OP system, I think these will remain as "abuse-resistant" as Purdue claims.

^^^^well put. I agree completely....if it takes more time/effort than its worth, than they have succeeded.

Another point to make. When a reproducible extraction technique is developed, there is no incentive to share it. That would just drive op prices for that person. I certainly don't think it will be posted on a drug forum.