Exercise 4 Health, Mental Health, and Addiction vs. The Endorphin Factory

@^ nice i like that idea, one of my favourite feelings is lying down in the sun after a swim, every cell of my body heavy and a very calm mind.

i went for another run today, i had the thought that i enjoy feeling fit and healthy, and i have fun exercising, i'll try keep up the momentum

Yep, it would be lovely if we could do this outside during summer.

Have gone swimming in the morning and had a good working day! :)

^yawn (not you Erik)

Kicked buckets.. caried water.. walked six miles.. not what I was used to.. still I feal great. :)

Did 40 push-ups. I wanted to do some weight lifting this weekend but I have a cold so I've just been trying to rest.

Organized and moved many thousands of pounds of stuff yesterday. Strained my gluteus awhile back and now its quite sore. Going to take few days off to rest its up and look up info on this injury as this is the first time i have ever injured that muscle.

Aerobics and swimming. I'm used to the routine as it works well for me.
So I thought of doing it early in the day.
It's not as good as I expected though. We'll see.

Exercises are really in making me want to do things although I'm getting heavier.
I guess I should start thinking about what I eat.
Either being sober or exercising has been adding a couple of pounds here and there. :)

Seriously, so far I guess it's been almost 7-8 pounds.
Not so bad, but I hope it didn't slow down my metabolism.

Last edited:
Of course, that would make sense.
My gym teacher did suggest I checked my BMI last month.
Thanks NSA!

Swimming every morning!
Before I go I always remember the good feeling when I shower afterwards.

^ I'm trying that as well but after some time I never know where I should stop or keep on going.

I haven't stayed on any diet or workout routine in years, and i recently started back about a month ago after i decided to stop taking adderall and coke for awhile, and i've slowed down on weed a lot too. but long story short, i've stuck to a workout routine and i'm eating healthy and I can't stress enough how much this helps with the depression of when you stop using(especially the tiredness that comes from speed withdrawals), along with a sense of accomplishment which is a natural high that's pretty hard to come by these days. the only hard part about exercising is getting started. Just man up and get it over with and you'll feel better about yourself in no time

Indeed, getting started is normally what prevents us from going further.

I suggest you think about one particular thing that makes you feel good when your exercise and try to thing about it so you win the arguments against not going.

For instance, for me it's the feeling of entering in the water, but most of my friends say it's about the time you finish and how you feel about that. That energy that makes you happy even if it does not last so long. It's enough to get you started.

Good luck!
Erik

^ Good to see you're better. :)

Missed my gym yesterday. Will try to go for a swim tonight.
Exercising has become a big deal for me. I eat better, sleep better, etc.

^ I definitely agree. I workout everyday and it does help with a lot of my issues.

3 different variations of push-ups, some reps with the "workout bands" that I have (curls), and walked 1.5 miles.

Yep. :)

I'm interested in doing other exercises but it has to be low impact. I should not run for instance, but I guess walking would be fine.
So I could keep a daily routine.

Swimming, 1.5 hours. Aerobics 30 minutes.
45 minutes stretching exercises.
Meditation is now my next goal. :)