• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Help! Ex opiate addict looking for proper iboga root bark dosing

Thank you all so much for your input. This info was all very helpful. Considering microdosing ibogaine in a safe manner like the above suggested. I'm not an experienced psychonaut like others so im going to experiment with shrooms first and go from there. Just wanted to get an experienced users opinions on the dosage since I wasn't seeing specifics online. Very happy I asked.

Hi so I had experience with it...really amazing it sets healing foward by 7months..no paws..everything is clearer etc..I would suggest it.however if affordable under controlled settings.as to wherto get from I tried a few institute's here.not near my budget..so on amitriptyline which helping.hope all goes well

I've been clean from heroin/fentanyl for 2 months but still have mental cravings and dreams about it. Have been looking into Ibogaine and was wondering what a common starting dose is for iboga root bark.
Well i have done two massive floods with ibo hcl plus TA extract.First time quit a year high dose fent habbit.And even after booster doses feel withdrawling for nearly 20 days.The second was when i quit a 40days methadone small dose habbit.Zero withdrawl.The two floods were incredible(never used any other psychedelick except a lot of shrooms a time ago).Man cannot forget such experience.Ofcourse ibo did not solve my problems,but in my opinion this is the most human and painless method to quit any opiate/opioid after proper preparation.I did it in my home-bed,a bucket for puking and earphones.The trip is intensive and long,mostly without those coloured patterns assosiated with shrooms.Seems like a dreaming.Can remember the name of people you see only once long time ago.Memories,near death experience,visions from the future.That is Iboga-very,verry strange and powerful.As for the microdoses i found myself my sweet spot around 200-300mg TA extract daily a week then break for a week.Gives a lot of energy and strong desire for sex.Wish you all the best!!!

Haven't tried dmt but have heard good things. Feel like I have to trip enough times in order to work my way into that heavier stuff though.
For what it's worth DMT kept me off opioids for a long time. If I had a large stash of it perhaps I couldn't have ever come back. I did a breakthrough dose on day 7 or 8 of methadone withdrawal. Didn't have any cravings for a long time after that.

Really though drugs aren't the answer. Even these. It's really easy to start getting spun out too often and think you're improving yourself when in reality you're not touching base with reality often enough. I haven't really found anything that helps long term. I was hopeful about Ibogaine but the longer I wait the more I hear about relapses. Opioids are just really hard to keep out of your life once you've gotten a taste of them.

I sympathize. The doctors got me hooked just like you. Now they treat us all like addicts and demand we pee in cups. They're getting just as rich off the bupe as they did off the oxy. It's disgusting.

For what it's worth DMT kept me off opioids for a long time. If I had a large stash of it perhaps I couldn't have ever come back. I did a breakthrough dose on day 7 or 8 of methadone withdrawal. Didn't have any cravings for a long time after that.

Really though drugs aren't the answer. Even these. It's really easy to start getting spun out too often and think you're improving yourself when in reality you're not touching base with reality often enough. I haven't really found anything that helps long term. I was hopeful about Ibogaine but the longer I wait the more I hear about relapses. Opioids are just really hard to keep out of your life once you've gotten a taste of them.

I sympathize. The doctors got me hooked just like you. Now they treat us all like addicts and demand we pee in cups. They're getting just as rich off the bupe as they did off the oxy. It's disgusting.
They say relapse are part of the healing process and there is no cure for addiction in form of pill,herb or something else.Ibo just would detox you without much suffering.The rest is struggle.For some lifelong struggle.Give a chance to Iboga if you want to detox.I have tried numerous methods for numerous substances and this root is the most effective way.

They say relapse are part of the healing process and there is no cure for addiction in form of pill,herb or something else.Ibo just would detox you without much suffering.The rest is struggle.For some lifelong struggle.Give a chance to Iboga if you want to detox.I have tried numerous methods for numerous substances and this root is the most effective way.
What keeps me from trying it is the requirement to have a baby sitter. That and the lack of availability where I live. Traveling to some nice clinic is way outside of my price range.

The detoxing part I can handle. It's the months and years that come after I have a problem with. I have an underlying pain issue and the use of opioids has made it even worse. When the choice is laying in bed all of the time or taking something to dull the pain a little I'm always going to go for the second option. That's the trap I can't escape with opioids. I feel pain so acutely now and it gets a little worse every year. I don't even want to think about how bad it's going to be once I hit 60 years old.

There has to be a substance out there that naturally boosts endorphins. I think if I could get my endorphins and receptors back to their pre-abuse state I could cope with my pain level. For now those I find it impossible. So I'll just keep jumping from substance to substance I guess. Had to do kratom today because my bupe ran out. :(

The only way I'd consider taking Iboga:
1) I knew the source was good
2) I had a sitter for 3 days
3) the sitter isn't somehow I already know well
4) the sitter had taken Iboga themselves

Since that's hard to find I don't think it'll ever happen. I'm really firm on number 3. I refuse to put myself in a state where I might say things I don't want friends/family to know with them around. If I spill to beans to some new person I wouldn't care that much. I always have the option of not seeing them again or swearing them to secrecy. I'd always be to worried about close friends and family blabbing to others. Or saying something about them while I'm under the influence that would make them feel bad.

How much do you talk and ramble to others under the influence of Iboga anyway? If it's a waking dream I assume most people get pretty talkative. Xor talks about partying with friends while still under the influence in his trip report. I wonder how common that it.

Look.I am in quite the same position like you.About 30 years drug experience.Now near 50 a lot of pain-fybromyalgia,low back pain,bad head head trauma after car accident...etc.So painkillers are part of my life from my early 20 till now.So even now I am on oxy.Apart from the pain issues is the fact that i like opiates.My prefer choice for nearly 10 years was poppy pod tea.Even now grow at my garden...so in the summertime at harvest season consume pods every day till they runs out.After that usualy go through withdrawl for a week....till the next season.But the honeymoon with opies are short you know.After that is just way of life.At best boredome,at worst endless suffering.So always try not to drown fully,to survive,to be clean for a while.Well iboga gives that oportunity.No you arent talkative at all when tripping.That is very introspective journey inside yourself.There is a good provider online of high quality ibo.You need a sober sitte beside you no doubt.In my case was my wife which never touch nothing except cigarettes.The reason that i respect so much this plant is that it literally saves my life-I was on huge fent habbit,more dead than alive.As for Kratom- I was 6months on it.Good substitute for a while,but also addictive you know.Withdrawls are relatively long.Its not bad to rotate your painkiller sometime.

There has to be a substance out there that naturally boosts endorphins. I think if I could get my endorphins and receptors back to their pre-abuse state I could cope with my pain level. For now those I find it impossible. So I'll just keep jumping from substance to substance I guess. Had to do kratom today because my bupe ran out. :(

There is, but it's not a substance, it's resistance training and cardio exercise. Daily workouts will do absolute wonders towards making you feel better without opiates and repairing the endorphin/endocannabinoid and dopamine systems. When I did ibogaine, it basically provided me the motivation and drive and temporary windows away from my terrible state of being to work on changing. I started working out 5 days a week and eating well, and pursuing healthy activities and passions. This gave me 5 years of clean time from opioids, to the point I believe I no longer had a problem, and did not struggle anymore. The 2 years after my flood dose were the best years of my life thus far. Ibogaine was a very useful tool that provided a sort of reset... but the work I did after was what really allowed me to change.

After 5 years, a long illness/death in the family eventually led me to relapse and so, sadly, I am not still cured. I let my discipline slip eventually and it sucks. But ibogaine us surely powerful medicine. Particularly the full range of plant alkaloids, my research indicates it is much superior to 100% pure ibogaine HCL by itself. I only had the one experience so can't compare the two but it my strong belief that the total alkaloid extract as part of the dose greatly increases the power and impact of the experience. The plant contains several other powerful alkaloids. Actually those other alkaloids (and noribogaine, which it metabolizes to and which is my theory for why flood doses can last upwards of 3 days of acute effects and much longer in aftereffects which are also strong - that and the absurdly high dose, which means that a great many half lives must pass before the drug reduces to levels below those needed for effects, after all the active dose is around 5-7mg, and a flood dose involves 1200+mg, as much as 2000 or more in some cases). The wiki articles are super interesting:

Last edited:
There is, but it's not a substance, it's resistance training and cardio exercise. Daily workouts will do absolute wonders towards making you feel better without opiates and repairing the endorphin/endocannabinoid and dopamine systems. When I did ibogaine, it basically provided me the motivation and drive and temporary windows away from my terrible state of being to work on changing. I started working out 5 days a week and eating well, and pursuing healthy activities and passions. This gave me 5 years of clean time from opioids, to the point I believe I no longer had a problem, and did not struggle anymore. The 2 years after my flood dose were the best years of my life thus far. Ibogaine was a very useful tool that provided a sort of reset... but the work I did after was what really allowed me to change.

After 5 years, a long illness/death in the family eventually led me to relapse and so, sadly, I am not still cured. I let my discipline slip eventually and it sucks. But ibogaine us surely powerful medicine. Particularly the full range of plant alkaloids, my research indicates it is much superior to 100% pure ibogaine HCL by itself. I only had the one experience so can't compare the two but it my strong belief that the total alkaloid extract as part of the dose greatly increases the power and impact of the experience. The plant contains several other powerful alkaloids. Actually those other alkaloids (and noribogaine, which it metabolizes to and which is my theory for why flood doses can last upwards of 3 days of acute effects and much longer in aftereffects which are also strong - that and the absurdly high dose, which means that a great many half lives must pass before the drug reduces to levels below those needed for effects, after all the active dose is around 5-7mg, and a flood dose involves 1200+mg, as much as 2000 or more in some cases). The wiki articles are super interesting:

Think to myself to make my third flood soon.At the moment tapper my zoloft from 50 to 25mg.After quiting sertraline(which is not very helpful in my case) think to await another two weeks and jump in ibo world again.And that is not only for reset my opiate receptors.Feels some kinda urge inside me to do that again from longtime.Have a lot of shrooms inside my fridge,but have no desire to even microdosing it at this time.Wish I have the money to go to Gabon at Ebando centre to this french guy.To be part of bwiti ceremony and get some better understanding of healing practicies of this ancient forest tribes

There is, but it's not a substance, it's resistance training and cardio exercise.
I know you're right of course. I just never seem to muster up any motivation to get started. I have this stupid problem where I have 1,001 things I want to do and never get started doing any of them. Iboga sounds like a miracle really. Freeing yourself from the slavery to the substance has to be a new lease on life. I could see myself coming back for multiple floods if the first one did that for me.

Frankly, I am a bit scared of this one and probably shouldn't be giving any advice about it. I am really considering buying as much of it as I can before access gets cut off. If there were clinics here I would have probably already gone to one. That's the worst part about Iboga. The fact that if I lived anywhere else I could do it under the supervision of a medical professional.

Let me ask you this even though you've already probably answered it before somewhere. Say a group of people were all interested in doing a flood to beat opioid addiction. Would you consider taking turns and sitting each other to be safe? Let's assume one guy did actual research and the others are just able to provide basic first aid and call 911. Would you think the benefits would outweigh the risks?

I am wary of doing more than one flood in a lifetime, at least for the purpose of addiction. Two friends on here (morninggloryseed and amanitadine) did a very successful flood, and then later on relapsed and went back to a dark place, and tried again, and both of them experienced a night and day difference on the second one, they had a disturbing and rough and dark experience the second time, and shortly thereafter passed, and I strongly suspect they took their own lives. Of course that's just two anecdotal data points but both of them reported feeling a strong sense of the plant reprimanding them for thinking they would get two free passes and it gave them a dark and troubling experience.

I would certainly use another experience like that, myself... I am in the lowest point I've been in since my flood, and am experiencing a serious addiction problem again, to opiates. But I don't think I'm going to do another flood. I know I still have the tools inside me from the first time. I feel like I'm on my own this time, and I know I can do it.

But I don't think I'm going to do another flood
Please don't.
We have beat shit back without such medicine before and it can be done without it. Fuck, bro; talk about darkness. Recently I just really have not been feeling like being here at all. For over a month now. Since that dreadful fall set me back down to square one. I mean I already have and had issues but as soon as I was on the hospital bed going for xrays and CT a very dim world enveloped me as there was no time for this to happen and I was contemplating suicide by police right there in the ER. I hate to even put this down but there it is.
Some light has returned as it always does. Hoping it is enough to sustain life as I know I have to make it a little longer to ensure the safety of those I love. I use to think it was just my SO but realizing my loved ones goes beyond her to a lot of mf right here. Fuck ya'll know me better than anyone else can or ever will.
What's it gonna take to get you outta that dark corner, brother?

I am wary of doing more than one flood in a lifetime, at least for the purpose of addiction. Two friends on here (morninggloryseed and amanitadine) did a very successful flood, and then later on relapsed and went back to a dark place, and tried again, and both of them experienced a night and day difference on the second one, they had a disturbing and rough and dark experience the second time, and shortly thereafter passed, and I strongly suspect they took their own lives. Of course that's just two anecdotal data points but both of them reported feeling a strong sense of the plant reprimanding them for thinking they would get two free passes and it gave them a dark and troubling experience.

I would certainly use another experience like that, myself... I am in the lowest point I've been in since my flood, and am experiencing a serious addiction problem again, to opiates. But I don't think I'm going to do another flood. I know I still have the tools inside me from the first time. I feel like I'm on my own this time, and I know I can do it.
Woow.Sorry to hear that.both nicks i have maybe remembered from Erowid may be.Yes legends indeed.I liked them so much

I know you're right of course. I just never seem to muster up any motivation to get started. I have this stupid problem where I have 1,001 things I want to do and never get started doing any of them. Iboga sounds like a miracle really. Freeing yourself from the slavery to the substance has to be a new lease on life. I could see myself coming back for multiple floods if the first one did that for me.

Frankly, I am a bit scared of this one and probably shouldn't be giving any advice about it. I am really considering buying as much of it as I can before access gets cut off. If there were clinics here I would have probably already gone to one. That's the worst part about Iboga. The fact that if I lived anywhere else I could do it under the supervision of a medical professional.

Let me ask you this even though you've already probably answered it before somewhere. Say a group of people were all interested in doing a flood to beat opioid addiction. Would you consider taking turns and sitting each other to be safe? Let's assume one guy did actual research and the others are just able to provide basic first aid and call 911. Would you think the benefits would outweigh the risks?
Going to specialized clinik is best option,but ofcourse thats s money.Doing on your own took his own risk.But is a serious thing-checking liver functionion and cardiac function is very important.Also strictly following the protocol.I hope that soon,somewere wil have official government treatment programs like this.not only methadone and sub.Hope so

I've tried kratom and have to take 9 grams just to feel anything. Even with that dose after day 3 I stop feeling any effects from it. I've tried getting 4 strands and mixing them up too and still have trouble getting continuous positive effects. Makes me pretty nauseous sometimes too. I micro dose shrooms (psilocybin cubensis) and that helps a bit but wanted to give iboga a try as well.
Yes.for first trying kratom was the best.After a while quickly loses his magic.Same dose

I had forgotten about those two doing floods so close to the end. Sorry to hear about how things are going. Maybe it's finally time to go for the DPT breakthrough? That really helped me in a dark time. I really need a kick in the ass like that again but like you I'm a bit weary of going back to it. I got the message the first time.

I'm worried access to things like this won't be available soon. I am surprised the mail is still running as well as it is. That's why I've started getting proactive about getting this one even if I don't intent to take it for some time (or ever). How well does this one keep? Is there going to be any problems with long term storage of the hcl or TA?

20-30g seems like a ton and unmanageable as far as online pricing goes. I did read something online around 200 mg which would be .2 on the scale. Was going to crush the roots and start from very small and work my up but wanted to see if anyone had tried it themselves.
Don't listen to this person, 20-30 grams is absurd. If it's HCL (the best most pure form of Ibogaine) you only need 50 MG, and 500mg for a flood dose.

I know somebody that claims they have heroin that tested negative for fent when they used a fent test strip. I 5ink it’s still out there, it’s just rare.
There is no such thing as heroin anymore. If you buy "heroin" on the streets 99.9% of the time it's fentanyl.

Don't listen to this person, 20-30 grams is absurd. If it's HCL (the best most pure form of Ibogaine) you only need 50 MG, and 500mg for a flood dose.
17-23 mg/kg.Thats a flood dose according protocol.In my case-about 100kg-about 2g hcl.As to rootbark-could be something between 25-50g,but is unusual to use rootbark for addiction,cause its very variable like potency(2-5 percent Ibogaine).TA extract and hcl together is the way I got my floods

50mg is a nice low dose (I would say above a microdose though), but 500mg is not a flood, that's a solid dose that can provide a visionary experience for a night, but a flood is 17mg per kg or more.