• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Help! Ex opiate addict looking for proper iboga root bark dosing

I've never taken it but i think a flood dose is something like 20-30g if its high quality, but its not quite that simple. Its not something you just take like you would mushrooms. Iboga can kill you and various medical tests should be done beforehand to determine general health and suitability (particularly in regards to the heart; you need to an EKG to check for any existing rhythmic abnormalities etc).

You're better off finding some comprehensive iboga guide online than asking what the dosing is like here. Its serious stuff.

I've never taken it but i think a flood dose is something like 20-30g if its high quality, but its not quite that simple. Its not something you just take like you would mushrooms. Iboga can kill you and various medical tests should be done beforehand to determine general health and suitability (particularly in regards to the heart; you need to an EKG to check for any existing rhythmic abnormalities etc).

You're better off finding some comprehensive iboga guide online than asking what the dosing is like here. Its serious stuff.
20-30g seems like a ton and unmanageable as far as online pricing goes. I did read something online around 200 mg which would be .2 on the scale. Was going to crush the roots and start from very small and work my up but wanted to see if anyone had tried it themselves.

So you mean microdosing iboga?

Ibogaine doses are something like 200mg.
Would like to know both. It would be nice to feel euphoric and see what effects a larger dose would have. From what I've read the positive effects from microdosing have been negligible

I've been clean from heroin/fentanyl for 2 months but still have mental cravings and dreams about it. Have been looking into Ibogaine and was wondering what a common starting dose is for iboga root bark.
I took Iboga under supervision. Before you dose go see your doctor ask to check for proper kidney and liver function I would also ask for a Ekg. Ibogain is harsh stuff and be prepared to trip balls for three days then feel hungover another five days. If you have a blood pressure cuff keep it near you apple or Samsung watch ekg. Ibogain is hard on the heart have your tripsitter monitor your BP and EKG as far as dose I did as much as I felt comfortable doing watching my BP. Did it work ..it absolutely did work but I don't know what's worse the withdrawal or tripping on Ibogain. No joke consult your doctor before hand.

Maybe in the meantime, you could take kratom
I've tried kratom and have to take 9 grams just to feel anything. Even with that dose after day 3 I stop feeling any effects from it. I've tried getting 4 strands and mixing them up too and still have trouble getting continuous positive effects. Makes me pretty nauseous sometimes too. I micro dose shrooms (psilocybin cubensis) and that helps a bit but wanted to give iboga a try as well.

I've tried kratom and have to take 9 grams just to feel anything. Makes me pretty nauseous sometimes too. I micro dose shrooms (psilocybin cubensis) and that helps a bit but wanted to give iboga a try as well.
I took Iboga under supervision. Before you dose go see your doctor ask to check for proper kidney and liver function I would also ask for a Ekg. Ibogain is harsh stuff and be prepared to trip balls for three days then feel hungover another five days. If you have a blood pressure cuff keep it near you apple or Samsung watch ekg. Ibogain is hard on the heart have your tripsitter monitor your BP and EKG as far as dose I did as much as I felt comfortable doing watching my BP. Did it work ..it absolutely did work but I don't know what's worse the withdrawal or tripping on Ibogain. No joke consult your doctor before hand.
O wow I didn't know it was that insane. Maybe I'll try something else I thought it might be similar to shrooms. I knew about the heart stuff but had no idea the trip lengths are that long. So there's no way to have a relaxing trip on it?

It depends on what you're after with it. Are you trying to do a flood dose (this is what has been studied/seems to work the best against addiction but is a HUGE undertaking and can be dangerous)? If so, root bark won't be enough and you need pure ibogaine HCL and optionally, some TA (total alkaloid) extract. Assume the TA extract is about 50% ibogaine HCL. A flood dose is defined as 17-25mg per kg of body weight. So if you weighted 80kg, a flood dose would be 1,360mg of ibogaine HCL or more. Personally I went with 20m/kg with my flood dose. Changed my life, but it requires a lot of planning and constant supervision for 3 days at least, and a heart scan beforehand to make sure you don't have any heart issues, flood doses have killed people who have had weak hearts.

If you're trying to dose low to feel the stimulating and motivating effects, that's different. People tend to report 1 gram of rootbark per day for this. Though I bet less would work fine too. In fact ibogaine is very potent. Rootbark contains from 0.6% to 11% in ibogaine, though the other alkaloids are also psychoactive so really you can consider it stronger than that. That means 1 gram of bark will be like taking between 6 and 110mg of ibogaine HCL, if judging by just the ibogaine HCL content (again, it is actually more than that. Ibogaine HCL is active as low as 7-8mg... in fact for a time it was sold in pills that were designed to be a motivating stimulant, at a dose of 7mg. This was back in the earlier parts of the 20th century.

I have "microdosed" 25mg of iboga TA extract for a couple of weeks before, and it was quite active, but workable, I went about my day, worked, etc while on that dose. That was equivalent to about 12.5-15mg of ibogaine HCL, plus the other alkaloids.

The variability of the strength of the rootbark makes it hard to estimate. But let's assume a content about 5%, somewhere in the middle of that range given when I searched ibogaine content on google. That would mean 1 gram would be about equal to 50mg of ibogaine HCL, or about 100mg of TA extract. So if you wanted to try ~25mg of TA extract equivalent, you could try dosing 1/4 gram of rootbark. That seems like a safe place to start. You can assess your response from there.

Reports are mixed of lower doses doing a lot for addiction, but I personally found it helped keep me motivated to some extent. My flood dose utterly transformed my life, lasted 3 days, and was extremely heavy (though not scary). I did it at home with supervision for the first 24 hours, nd then was unsupervised and was lucky not to cause serious problems since I had no idea what was actually going on until I woke up the 4th morning. However I came out of it with no cravings at all for opiates, after 10 years of heavy addiction, even though I started feeling light withdrawals again and felt them for over a week. No desire AT ALL to use opiates, the idea was repulsive to me. I stayed clean for 5 years. Then relapsed in one bad moment when I was dealing with really intense grief, and ever since then I have struggled again with opiates, sadly.

You can also try moderate doses that are stronger than microdosing and not nearly as strong as a flood dose. Not sure if that will work any better for addiction than microdoses though. The flood dose is a totally different animal and seems vastly superior for dealing with addiction. But again, it's dangerous, and you have to be have someone babysit you and keep an eye on you, and you can't do it with rootbark.

It depends on what you're after with it. Are you trying to do a flood dose (this is what has been studied/seems to work the best against addiction but is a HUGE undertaking and can be dangerous)? If so, root bark won't be enough and you need pure ibogaine HCL and optionally, some TA (total alkaloid) extract. Assume the TA extract is about 50% ibogaine HCL. A flood dose is defined as 17-25mg per kg of body weight. So if you weighted 80kg, a flood dose would be 1,360mg of ibogaine HCL or more. Personally I went with 20m/kg with my flood dose. Changed my life, but it requires a lot of planning and constant supervision for 3 days at least, and a heart scan beforehand to make sure you don't have any heart issues, flood doses have killed people who have had weak hearts.

If you're trying to dose low to feel the stimulating and motivating effects, that's different. People tend to report 1 gram of rootbark per day for this. Though I bet less would work fine too. In fact ibogaine is very potent. Rootbark contains from 0.6% to 11% in ibogaine, though the other alkaloids are also psychoactive so really you can consider it stronger than that. That means 1 gram of bark will be like taking between 6 and 110mg of ibogaine HCL, if judging by just the ibogaine HCL content (again, it is actually more than that. Ibogaine HCL is active as low as 7-8mg... in fact for a time it was sold in pills that were designed to be a motivating stimulant, at a dose of 7mg. This was back in the earlier parts of the 20th century.

I have "microdosed" 25mg of iboga TA extract for a couple of weeks before, and it was quite active, but workable, I went about my day, worked, etc while on that dose. That was equivalent to about 12.5-15mg of ibogaine HCL, plus the other alkaloids.

The variability of the strength of the rootbark makes it hard to estimate. But let's assume a content about 5%, somewhere in the middle of that range given when I searched ibogaine content on google. That would mean 1 gram would be about equal to 50mg of ibogaine HCL, or about 100mg of TA extract. So if you wanted to try ~25mg of TA extract equivalent, you could try dosing 1/4 gram of rootbark. That seems like a safe place to start. You can assess your response from there.

Reports are mixed of lower doses doing a lot for addiction, but I personally found it helped keep me motivated to some extent. My flood dose utterly transformed my life, lasted 3 days, and was extremely heavy (though not scary). I did it at home with supervision for the first 24 hours, nd then was unsupervised and was lucky not to cause serious problems since I had no idea what was actually going on until I woke up the 4th morning. However I came out of it with no cravings at all for opiates, after 10 years of heavy addiction, even though I started feeling light withdrawals again and felt them for over a week. No desire AT ALL to use opiates, the idea was repulsive to me. I stayed clean for 5 years. Then relapsed in one bad moment when I was dealing with really intense grief, and ever since then I have struggled again with opiates, sadly.

You can also try moderate doses that are stronger than microdosing and not nearly as strong as a flood dose. Not sure if that will work any better for addiction than microdoses though. The flood dose is a totally different animal and seems vastly superior for dealing with addiction. But again, it's dangerous, and you have to be have someone babysit you and keep an eye on you, and you can't do it with rootbark.
Dude thank you so much for this. I'll probably try low like you said and go from there. Hang in there man. I've also heard good things about vivitrol/naltraxone and might look into it even though insurance doesn't cover it sadly. I use to have a prescription to 4 oxy 30's and 2 opanas/oxymorphone a day which is above the federal point system or whatever it's called but of course this was from a cash doc. It was only for 3 years I was on the script before going into my green dragon journey. Luckily never got into IV but I was railing them like a son of a gun and then that's how that slippery slope eventually turned into full blown heroin addiction. Of course you can't get heroine without fentanyl in it so I was hooked hard. Psychadelics have helped a ton. Haven't tried dmt but have heard good things. Feel like I have to trip enough times in order to work my way into that heavier stuff though.

It's a bad idea to DIY with this. From years of reading, studying, devouring any and all information on this, part of the process is having a VERY experienced guide not just for the safety factors which are already an enormous concern, but also because the "script" they follow is probably thousands of years old and prepares you to get the most out of the experience. It's not simply a chemical cure. It's also - for Westerners that have not been raised in the cultures that use this regularly- incredibly important to be sure that you are getting the right kind of therapy before and after the experience.
There's no simple DIY method, PERIOD.
Besides medical clearance from a qualified WESTERN dr., the experience if done correctly is almost guaranteed to be an enormous physical challenge. You don't want to be focused on the fact your blood pressure is wacky, heart pounding, and fountains on both ends when you should be focused on some very specific aspects of your underlying issues that lead you to addiction in the first place.
There's no way to uncover those things without help. The people that grow up with this as part of their culture have a "shaman" or whatever the right term is that is intimately familiar with things like how family structures work in his society, what types of underlying trauma occur in that society, and is able to guide participants because that person administering it understands all this.
I'm sure that these people that run the ceremonies are getting better at understanding Western trauma, but we are talking at most 30 years for the absolute most experienced ceremony leader compared with thousands of years of understanding from his/her/their native culture.

Long story short- not something you can do yourself.

I think in general you're right, although I did do it myself. But I can't possibly stress enough the need for adequate preparation (both in clearing one's schedule for adequate time, and in health and body preparation), support, and supervision.

The only reason I would ever recommend someone do it without going to a facility is that many drug addicts simply can't afford the thousands of dollars necessary for travel and booking at one of these facilities.

For the record my experience was quite peaceful other than the reintegration, and I had no gastric issues, in fact I felt very comfortable when I was present enough to be aware of my body. In fact I was dreaming for most of the time. I did a mixture of ibogaine HCL and TA extract which brought the other alkaloids into it in a lower concentration than the whole rootbark... it seems that using 100% ibogaine HCL (which is what clinics do, and I believe this is a mistake that will probably at some point be adjusted) produces a rougher body load.

I prepared by eating mostly fruit and other healthy foods and fasting for 24 hours prior to the experience. Reintegration (on day 3) as difficult because I was confused and we didn't think I would need supervision for that long (received some advice that turned out to be wrong), and I thought it was a different day than it was and looked at my email and suddenly thought I was supposed to be working because I was pretty out of it. Had I had supervision still, I could have been set right. My sitter was a very experienced friend, which is also important. I was dreaming the whole time essentially, and most of what was happening was happening on a subconscious level.

it is also important to note that I am a very experienced "psychonaut" who is used to navigating extreme states on my own, so probably your average person is not a suitable candidate for a "DIY" method.

I wouldn't take it back for a second as it changed my life and I could in no way have afforded to use a clinic. Without having done it on my own, I would likely not be here today. However it was a risk, to be sure. And I cleared myself beforehand with a doctor. I would certainly recommend someone to go to a clinic (with good reviews - there are a lot of predatory "organizations" in the recovery industry) if they can. However if your choices are give up on life, or try a flood dose but are unable to afford a clinic stay, I don't think doing it "DIY" should be off the table. But it is not something to be undertaken lightly, and one must have a full and complete understanding of what is required, and a mentor to talk them through the preparations, and full supervision who is prepared to seek medical intervention should things go south.

Anyway, all that said, the OP is talking about microdosing which does not require the same level of oversight, as I mentioned 7mg pills were once manufactured and sold as a day enhancing stimulant, and that is the sort of dosage/usage the OP is seeking.

Dude thank you so much for this. I'll probably try low like you said and go from there. Hang in there man. I've also heard good things about vivitrol/naltraxone and might look into it even though insurance doesn't cover it sadly. I use to have a prescription to 4 oxy 30's and 2 opanas/oxymorphone a day which is above the federal point system or whatever it's called but of course this was from a cash doc. It was only for 3 years I was on the script before going into my green dragon journey. Luckily never got into IV but I was railing them like a son of a gun and then that's how that slippery slope eventually turned into full blown heroin addiction. Of course you can't get heroine without fentanyl in it so I was hooked hard. Psychadelics have helped a ton. Haven't tried dmt but have heard good things. Feel like I have to trip enough times in order to work my way into that heavier stuff though.
I know somebody that claims they have heroin that tested negative for fent when they used a fent test strip. I 5ink it’s still out there, it’s just rare.

It's definitely still being produced in large quantities. It's just not making to the US very much. But certainly it's still out there.