• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

Evad - RIP <3

I always used to be amused by how many people didn't (don't?) realise that Evad is just Dave backwards.

I was always under the impression his screen name 'code' was a double bluff.
The clever swine triple bluffed me!

I have no idea how Effie, Dave's family and friends are coping, the pain and loss they are going through I cannot even imagine <3 I've bubbled since I heard, I feel like I've lost one of my extended family. I have, we all have lost a beloved member of our bluefamily.

Dave meant a lot to me and I was fortunate to be cared for and looked out for by him. He taught me much about harm reduction and how to take great drugs, how to be a mod he was always "the boss", he supported me through and through, was just fine with me just being me that was ok by Dave - I could be the "real Kate". Like family, kin we bickered, argued, irritated each other and gave a shit, totally cared, shared-stuff, liked each other, laughed, surprisingly agreed on a lot! - we connected and had a good understanding and love for each other. He greeted me as Petal and Flower and the like on msn and melted me <3

Dave I'm going to miss you, I took it for granted, never expected anything else, that you were going to be about for the long run <3 bloody hell man tell me it's a joke :(

This is awful news to hear & my thoughts are with you effie, Dave's family & friends. Although we never actually met face to face, I always felt we had. A brilliant person to know & someone who helped a great deal of other members. Top bloke & a sad loss to BL as a whole, not only EADD.

I actually feel physically sick hearing about this.

A dark day indeed :(

I just wanted to stop by and give my respect. From the few conversations we had and from reading his posts over the years, I could tell Evad was very cool and was well loved and respected around BL.

I am so sorry, everyone <3

Saw R.I.P Dave on someones MSN status and couldn't get my head around it. I'll try save the whiny crap after having read through all this thread...

Dave always had time for me on MSN. I had been thinking about him, waiting to hear from him these past days.

Sorry to everyone who knew and loved EVAD, Effie he always spoke greatly about you...I didn't know his "bird" was you though!

I've never had an avatar but would love to sport Daves. Effie feel free to talk to me about anything xxxxxxxx

R.I.P mate xxxxxxxx <3 sorry you never got your goodie bag.

Fuck.

r i p

i am lost for words andn hurting u were lovely when ever u came here, Rosie was always trying to orgtanise a night out wit u, me, her and ds and his missus u will be dearly missed.
i could always trust ,much missed u will be . i cried my eye's out when heard,but i hope it teaqched all those that look up 2 u certain substance will get u one way or another....peace be wit u bruv

RIP Evad. this is terrible news. I havent been around much recently but I guess a more shocking thread couldnt be here ;<

Much <3 goes out to the family. He will be missed.

Thoughts with all friends and family.
A guy who had an amazing amount of knowledge and funny too.
RIP

I still have his number in my phone, and I nearly rang it to hear his voice.... That ridiculous accent I could scarely understand. The way he always called me 'Hen' as a term of affection, and i never got why.

:(

I just cant believe he doesnt actually exist anymore. That he wont just turn up on MSN chat, and be all like, 'wtf, dont be stupid, I'm still here'.... It all seems so fucking unreal.

He still exists, just in a different way - In our memories and hearts.
That may sound corny as fuck but I don't care because it's true.
((((((((((((((((((((((( <3 Massive cuddles for everyone who've posted in here <3 ))))))))))))))))))))))

its moving reading all the condolences on here. such a loss. sounds like he was very loved, he must have been an amazing person. R.I.P

Very sorry to hear this. I lurk a lot and always enjoyed his posts. RIP Evad. Condolences to the nearest and dearest.

I'm sat on MSN now, with a window open, and though it says he's 'offline', I dont believe him.

He always took forever to bloody respond to me anyways.

I think I might just say my goodbyes there anyways.....

Every time i scroll through a forum & see the little dancing man that Dave used on other peoples post i kind'a jump! Thinking aw, it was all a mistake, Evad is back. Its just for a split second, but it keeps happening....

RIP Dave, you were so loved by so many, one thing i have learned from this is to tell people who i think are brilliant that they are brilliant when i have the chance to, imagine how chuffed Dave would have been to read all these posts.... Hopefully he will be able to read them in his own way.... RIP mate, you really were one of the good ones, i truly respected you on this forum..... <3

I remember an awesome Glade 07 with him and the EDD crew, the best bit was chilling with tinrib and Dave one morning after a few lines of 'bastard powder'.

I had a photo of that moment somewhere but I can't find it :( will keep looking...

That Glade wasn't awesome - it was a biblical flood! Dave & Mike didn't move from the deckchairs under our gazebo for the whole weekend - but he kept everyone's spirits up in camp! MTGG was there too, and Carsick.

So sorry to all the people who knew him better than me, my thoughts are with you guys. Dave was just one of those people you could instantly rub along with - despite being right about everything, he wouldn't hold your wrongness against you, and he accepted everybody, at face value, as a potential friend. We had music in common, and we enjoyed being elitist all over bluelighter's inferior choices for the EADD compilations.

On the one hand, I wish I knew him better- on the other I'm almost glad I didn't because I've got some seriously upset friends and I wouldn't want to be feeling like they do right now.

Last edited:
I. Cannot. Believe. This.

Seriously. Effie, he and I spoke frequently over the past few years, and I know that he loved you dearly. <3 to you and his family <3

Found out about this about an hour ago, and have just been reading the thread. I can't fucking believe this. It honestly has to be a joke, that he has got everyone in on - except me. It's just the sort of thing he'd do for a laugh. I'm devastated beyond words. I've not even cried yet, I can't seem to understand it, at all. I spoke to Dave for years. He always made me laugh and frustrate me at the same time, with the speed of his wit. I could never keep up. I wanted to have a chat with him, as I've not been online much, recently. I was hoping he'd be on, but then I was told. I'm so glad I've had a joint tonight, to soften the blow, but I don't want to wake up and for this to still be real.

You were a fantastic guy, and I'll never forget our chats at dodgy hours of the morning. I'll really miss you, mate. I really will.

RIP, man.