• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

Evad - RIP <3

Still having trouble believing that this is true. I hate waking up the morning after hearing such tragic news, hoping that it was all just a dream, but then seeing the RIP thread again... :(

RIP Dave, you will be very sorely missed by all <3

It is heartwarming to see that this thread is already full of such happy and funny memories of Dave, despite this deeply saddening time. It just shows how wonderful a person he is/was, and how positively he affected so many of us here :)

Much love and strength to you effie, DS, and all of you who were close to him <3

DS said:
He wasn't the "BIG MAN" as Mugz liked to refer to him as. Dave was far more caring and loving than he came across online just loved the wind up.

The big boss man! That was from Mugz's first time with 6-APB - I remember it was 6-APB cos Dave said "you're benzo-furious!" to mugz, after mugz called him the "big boss man". It kinda stuck after that. Since then whenever anyone says "boss man" (happens more than you think) I have thought "they're talking about Evad".... I'll try to stay amused by that and not sad next time I hear "boss man" in some dodgy chart music.

I also had to be told "Evad" was "Dave" backwards.

I remember that night too, I was pretty drunk and then took my first ever dose of 6-APB and a bit later was chatting with Dave on msn with Angelsmoke next to me. I was quite harsh to him that night with some of the things I said. I was just trying to take the piss a bit, as he would do so often to me, but being me I think I took it a bit too far and I genuinely upset him with some of the things I said. He accepted my apologies when I was sober again though. Shows what a great person he was, and we had many many more chats after that too.

The name "The Big Boss Man" stuck though, and I had a lot of fun bringing it up in conversations randomly as a joke, and on here too. I knew that he knew it was just a joke after the initial conversation and as many others have said, he could take is as well as he could dish it out :) He was too smart for me in the pisstaking game, I often had no comeback for a lot of his jokes.

He was the one bluelighter that I most wanted to meet up with above all others, and now I will never get that chance :( It is amazing how many people have been affected by this and how strongly he made his way into so many peoples lives positively. He was a great person and will never be forgotten.

Hope you are doing well Dave, wherever you are. <3

edit - and yeah, it took me quite a few years to realise that his username was just Dave backwards too 8)

Dave just posted this thread a couple of months ago - he met a lot of us:

Social Dicksizing aka How many Bluelighters have you met?

just found and updated my list of bluelighters i've met (i am THAT cool yes) and wondered if any EADDer could top it :D

Acidvoodoo
ALL
Andythetwig
axe battler
B9
bogman
Bowser22
brimz
c0wpat
Carsick
Cherrycolouredfunk
chinup
DS_
duck racer
effie
Ernestrome
experimental
fastandbulbous
felix
Felixonapedestal
Fishface
FunkyAlfonzo
Gavin83
granddad
Grobert
Hailie
Hedonistic Angel
hx_
jam1e
Johnny Boy
jude101
kerrigan
mashead testing
massiveinminature
McPanda
medi57
mental-tessy
MTGG
Nass
noface
ollieideal
pekkie
Pinholestar
punk_pea
RainbowDrops
Red Arrow
Riklet
Skyline_GTR
snolly
Soulmap
specialspack
Tangerine Dream
Tranced
tribal girl
Tryptamite
Tylerdurden
Velouria
WarmRushes
We_come1
whoremoaning
wibble
Xfillerbunnyx

Right... I'm gonna try not to read any more of this thread tonight. :\

Hah same. Gonna get some sleep. Night all, and thank you <3

Thank you mostest Dave <3

Holy fuck, this is such terrible news. :(

I never know what to say in these situations cuz I'm particularly crap at expressing myself, but I sincerely hope that those of you who were close to Dave are coping as best as you can right now. My heart goes out to you guys. <3

I met Dave back in December of 2006 at what became known as x-mess. I remember being quite taken aback by how quiet and reserved he was. He was a nervous lil' bugger, but underneath it all, he had a big heart. That was plain to see. He was extremely easy to get along with, and he had a twisted sense of humour to boot. You couldn't not like him. Although I never got to know him as well as some, or as much as I would have liked, I did continue to meet up with him over the years. I spent four days with him and some of his friends in York around four years ago. The beginning of my visit consisted of much puking, terrible movies, then being led around the city on a guided tour of sorts, and ended with me going back to the train station in an A-Team van. That's the kinda joker he was. I actually still have some of the photos from the trip (I just foolishly peeked at them :().

I guess the last time I saw him was almost two years ago now. Unfortunately I don't remember too much about the night as I was rather worse for wear. So far gone in fact that I have no recollection of even leaving the pub. But I do remember one thing...Dave calling to check up on me after I'd gotten on a random bus to nowheresville. That phone call was one of the only things I remember after the evening reached a certain point. And tbh I'm thankful he phoned to snap me out of my lil' blackout. Of course he wasted no time the following day in telling me that I'd actually stormed off after throwing a drink in someone's face, much to my bewilderment (and his amusement).

God, it's taken me forever to write this. I've probably been sitting here for at least an hour now, weaving in and out of varying moods as I type. Trying to let it sink in. Still hasn't.

Much love, Dave. <3

did not really know you but in the short time i have been here you have cleared me up on a few things you seemed to know your A,B,C
rest in peace evad hope you are in a happy place

Man I hope my post didn't seem to incoherent... the first time I've felt really genuinely upset by someones passing on BL. I wish I had the chance to know Dave more...

Man, I have been avoiding coming in here because I just didnt want to deal with the reality of it.... But now I am benzoed up the eyeballs, and well.... I just cant quite believe it.

I knew Dave for about 6 years... He was always a pillar of strength when I needed someone to talk to. Even if we mostly only chat on MSM coz I couldnt understand his goddam accent! Hah! He helped me through some real shit, and I loved him for that.

We were really close to a long time, and then drifted apart a bit as our lives got busier.... And I am so, so sad that I didnt get to see him again when he moved to Brizzle. I had planned to come up very soon... And I cant believ I will never get to do that now.

I can sleep, I cant sopt crying. Its alll just aweful.

I cant believ he wont be there when I log onto MSN to bitch about my stupid problems.

Dave, you absolute diamond.... I never really told you how much you helped me get through a lot of shit. I loved you man, you were a beautiful, kind, caring and gentle human being, and it is such a sad sad loss that you wont be in our livea naymore.

Effie, my heart goes out to you, there is nothing I cna sayb that will help. But if you need anything at all, just call.

Rest in peace SurferDaveyDude, the guy I used to barrage with stupid inanane questions when he worked at 82ask just to cheer him up, like 'whoi eould win in a fight, a stoat or a weasle.... Or how many roads must a man walk down.... I wont even 82asked how big was 'SurferDaveyDude's cock, direct toi the hotline! Hah! He rang me in fit of laugheter saying he say it come up on the screen!!!!

Mate, words cannot express what a loss it is to the board, to the world, and to me.

I just cant believ it.

Yours,

Benders......

:(

I haven't been posting much on BL, but just saw this via facebook.

I remember an awesome Glade 07 with him and the EDD crew, the best bit was chilling with tinrib and Dave one morning after a few lines of 'bastard powder'.

RIP :( :(

I (bowser, bogman and red arrow) had the good fortune to meet Dave when he came to Dublin 2 or so years ago. I only spent a day or two in his company but we clicked on a few things and kept in contact via BL and facebook since.

I had hoped we would meet again, but alas this is not to be. I got quite the shock tonight when I was informed of the bad news by a friend.

Felix got it right when he described him as:

... a lovely, shy, thoughtful, intelligent, sensitive and introverted person.

Only the good die young

the guy I used to barrage with stupid inanane questions when he worked at 82ask just to cheer him up, like 'whoi eould win in a fight, a stoat or a weasle.... Or how many roads must a man walk down.... I wont even 82asked how big was 'SurferDaveyDude's cock, direct toi the hotline! Hah! He rang me in fit of laugheter saying he say it come up on the screen!!!!
hah, I almost forgot about that very odd, ridiculous, and extremely enviable job he used to do! getting paid to answer bizarre questions from pissed people on mobile phones. for some reason he would never tell me the number or give me access to those top secret databases, the git.

I won't pretend to have known him well, or at all, other than seeing posts of his about the place. But my warmest condolences go out to his family and friends

OK, last one from me tonight. I'm not weirdly or morosely reading through his old posts, but I just saw this one which probably rings true for most people that knew him:

best opening lines from people on bluelight [to me] have been

"i thought you'd have been more of a cunt"

and

"you seem taller on the internet"

=D

For fucks sake :(

I'm really sorry effie, Dave was an awesome man and taught me a lot and was there for me in times of need, I've been struggling with heroin addiction the past few months and had shut myself off from a lot of people, hadn't spoken to him in ages and fucking regret it now :/

So shit :(

RIP brother <3

hopefully see you on the other side x

the guy I used to barrage with stupid inanane questions when he worked at 82ask just to cheer him up, like 'whoi eould win in a fight, a stoat or a weasle.... Or how many roads must a man walk down.... I wont even 82asked how big was 'SurferDaveyDude's cock, direct toi the hotline! Hah! He rang me in fit of laugheter saying he say it come up on the screen!!!!
Hahaha I remember when he worked at that place as well. Some of the questions that he'd pop on the screen were just random and funny as fuck.

Such awful news to wake up to. I don't really post here much anymore, but Dave was always one to make me laugh and one of the nicest people I've had the pleasure of meeting on BL. I'm not very good with words, but a few people here have brought back some good memories of events and times and places so for now I'll just sign out with rest in peace. :(

tragically short.
<3

Yes, he was sadly.

The name "The Big Boss Man" stuck though, and I had a lot of fun bringing it up in conversations randomly as a joke, and on here too. I knew that he knew it was just a joke after the initial conversation and as many others have said, he could take is as well as he could dish it out :) He was too smart for me in the pisstaking game, I often had no comeback for a lot of his jokes.
edit - and yeah, it took me quite a few years to realise that his username was just Dave backwards too 8)

I remember when the "Big Boss Man" thing was going on. I was around his house and he just kept saying "That's so shit. It annoys me that it's so shit". I too took far too long to realise his username was Dave backwards. Simpletons.

God, it's taken me forever to write this.

Yeah it took me a while to write. Write and write again and I still don't feel that I've conveyed him nearly as well as he deserves.

I'd really really like something positive to come of this. We don't know what has happened but we do know that time is finite and how you spend it counts. I want to honour his memory and remember time is finite. If you can change something in your own life for the better then don't wait - Just do it. I know we all start detox's tomorrow, I know many of us put all sorts of things off till tomorrow. I've been thinking myself about a higher education course or something like that. It's always it can be done in the future and it never happens. I'm going to make an effort to show more love to my family, girlfriend and friends. I was lucky enough to spend Boomtown and then again last Friday with Dave. It could've been different.

Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think.
Enjoy yourself, while you're still in the pink.
The years go by, as quickly as a wink.
Enjoy yourself, Enjoy yourself!

Post feels a bit cliche - I don't care. If one person benefits from this tragedy then it'll be some solace to me and I'm sure his loved ones. He cared a great deal about this forum and it's cause - he said this to me in conversation more than once.

I hope this doesn't come across as preachy or that I spoke about myself too much or even that i've said something someone could've better. Argh - this is turning into an emotional ramble.

:( that is awful news!! i have never met evad (dave) in person but he had been really good too me a few years back on BL through how much he used to help me out with advice on things when things were going shit for me. I could tell he was a great person and he has been a great help too the bl community for over years, he will be truely missed <3 much love evad and those close too him

Wow such horrible news... I didn't have the privelege to know Dave but from reading these posts it sounds like he was such a wonderful person and those who knew him were quite fortunate.

Much love to Dave, his family and effie <3