• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

Evad - RIP <3

My condolences go out to Evad, his family, Effie and friends. Tis really sad. I am taking time away from Bluelight and chemicals due to all these deaths happening. Stickin wit my Maar Jay.

Hey baby, you'd love this thread so much, 4 pages of love and shock and remembering your awesomeness. Like the avatars too? I always knew you'd take over BL one day with your ridiculous dancing clown :)

I feel like I should write you the longest tribute ever; I lived with you for a year, I spent every second when I wasn't at work with you. But so many people have captured the essence of what made you a wonderful human being, and that is one of the main things.. people loved you Dave. You were shy and quiet and thoughtful in person but you were also hilarious, master piss-taker, loved fun and laughter. Your sense of humour was amazing and in constant presence and I loved you all the more for that, you know I did! You opened my eyes up to so many things - I don't think you realised quite how many. Your breadth of knowledge and interest was amazing - film, hardtek, punk, history, politics, philosophy, drugs/harm reduction, literature, life in general - you were an expert at all and it is the latter which has caused so much shock at this happening.

You were a magnificent cook - you made the best curry I have ever tasted, and I've been to India! You baked cakes (who else knew that Dave baked??) superbly and although you were the messiest cook I know, you were so happy in the kitchen and the food was so incredibly delicious every time, I was happy to let you take over.

You were my rock. You cared and looked after me through some of my darkest days. You saw through all the depression bullshit to the old me inside, and I appreciated you for that more than I ever told you. I hope I helped you through your bad times too baby. I tried my best. <3

Dave loved his "persona" on here - it evolved over the years and reflected both his sense of humour, love for piss-taking, anger at people posting anything that could potentially harm someone else and endless drug knowledge and experience. He was a moderator for all the right reasons - he loved the power and the glory, of course, but ultimately because he believed passionately in harm reduction and in this website, and because he loved EADD and it's inhabitants.

Dave had something indescribable about him.. the tributes here reflect that better than anything else I can add.

You will be so, so missed and I will always love you baby <3

edit: DS posted this on your fb, but I know you'd want it on here too - have hilarious wonderful memories of you miming along to this <3

Goodbye Horses

Last edited:
God dammit never did get to try his indian, we were always too busy getting wasted... Going to make the most magnificent coffee cake for him =)

avatar was just unexpected yesterday.

Man I hope my post didn't seem to incoherent... the first time I've felt really genuinely upset by someones passing on BL. I wish I had the chance to know Dave more...

It didn't. Some impressive and very touching tributes on this thread. Evad deserves no less.

The awesomeness of this thread truly reflects the awesomeness of Dave. I'll have it moved to the shrine after his funeral I think but I want it to stay in his forum at the moment.

Thank you everyone, so many accurate and incredible posts <3

Hey, even non-BLers are commenting. Got this in an email from a friend (yeah, I have one or two) in response to me apologising for coming over all maudlin with him when I heard the news:

Sammy G's Mate said:
I saw a bit of the thread about it and it was heavy going even for someone like me with no connection. Twenty six is indeed far too fucking early to be struck out of the game, for me I found it hard to guess they were talking about a feller younger than us, which I guess says a lot about his standing and knowledge on BL.

Which doesn't add anything that hasn't been said already, but shows that it's not just a bunch of druggies who've been affected by it all, and just how (again, already said) the respect, love and sense of loss shines through this thread.

Oh man... Dave was a fucking star. I met up with him a few times, mostly at festivals, but also when he missioned it down south to party. He really was my kind of person, although it seems that he was a lot of people's kind of person from this thread. This was a tough thread to read, although tylers comment about him at glade 07 with the "bastard powder" raised a chuckle.

One of my very favourite bluelighters.

So sorry about my incoherent post last night.... I was a wreck. Had to dose myself up on benzos just to calm down.

I woke up this morning and for that split second before I really came to, I had forgotten... Then I remembered the pit of my stomach fell out.

Dave was just the most calm, serene and quietly wonderful man. He never shouted his arrogance or made a big deal about himself. He was just cool and calm about everything.

I've had some pretty rotten shit to deal with over the years, and he was always there with a solution when my life was hitting the decks. And he never judged me once, even when I had done some pretty aweful things.

I am struglging with some of my own shit right now, and even last night I couldnt believe that he wasnt there on MSN to help me figure this out.

Dave, you fucking legend. I know you'll bring light to wherever you are now.

Rest in peace brother. <3 <3

Im not a massive contributor to these forums but I spend hours reading and learning here, Evad stood out and although I didnt know him I shed a tear as our community has lost someone who genuinely cared.
gone but never forgotten
rest in peace Evad

R.I.P
Never spoke personally but his post were always full of knowledge and great wit.

So sorry about my incoherent post last night.... I was a wreck. Had to dose myself up on benzos just to calm down.

Don't worry. I spent the whole of my waking-up routine correcting my own booze and benzo-typos and non-sequiturs. And remembering that I'd had a slurred and tearful conversation (well monologue) about the whole business with my new housemate. Who will probably retain 'respectful distance' from now on.

I'm sure Dave would just have taken the piss the following day, in subtle but great fashion. Yet another reason to miss him.

I am so sorry to hear this. Did not know him, but read lots of his posts.........................

My sympathy goes out to you all who knew him. :( - sat hear welling up reading these posts, fuck me just too young to go. I feel terrible.

Try and stay strong Effie <3

RIP Evad. Didnt know him personally but he helped me with you advice a number of times. This post itself reflects what a decent guy he was and how respected he is on BL. Condolences to Effie and all family and friends.

I'm not gonna post much but I wanted to add my 2p.

I had the pleasure of meeting Dave a few times and he truly was a top guy with a great deal of depth. He'll sorely be missed around here not just for his modding but for all the wealth his personality brought to EADD.

I don't believe in an after-life so I'm not gonna comment on seeing you on the other side but your energy has been returned to the earth mother to grow and blossom again.

Take it easy mate.

Wow, this is very shocking... I stupidly thought this thread was a joke for a moment, before I clicked on it.

He came across as a decent, inteligent bloke, and I enjoyed chatting to him on msn a lot. He often gave good advice.

So sorry to hear this news :(

I'm on a BL break atm but I saw this and had to log in.

Evad was one of the people who got me hooked on this place. I don't think we ever spoke to each other directly but he embodied the spirit of BL and in particular EADD for me. Effie, and everyone who knew Dave, I'm so, so sorry. Please look after each other and especially yourselves.